User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Nov 2002, 09:42   #1
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
What is the worth of planetarion ?

What would be a fair price for planetarion as it is offered on the portal now ?

Would it be something like 10.000 euro, much more, much less ? Would there be a minimum prize set by 5th Season or would they sell it at any prize ?

hAl
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 09:45   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
I don't think they will reveal it after the appropriate deal has been made and finalized.

I'd go guess an estimated value around 30 000 - 50 000 Euros.

[edit]Though, if Zeus is serious about the investors wanting their money invested back, the sum may rise grossly above that. I doubt anyone would pay very great amounts for a choke-dying online game though, unless really considering being able to redeem it. For the investers, I think the amount of money (harshly) invested in PA was spoken loud by Zeus/Spinner somewhere in forums (a rough estimation ofc), and it was more than what I evalued.[/edit]
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 28 Nov 2002 at 09:51.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 12:44   #3
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
An international portal site looking for a game might be interested because they might be able to offer it for free (provided you register yourself on that portal off course). For such a company it might make a valuable addition to their regular services.

Also interested might me certain gaming portals who want to add a stategic spacegame to their game suite. They can generally get new players in from their existing base of gamers and maybe get in a few k of new players that follow planetarion to whereever it may go.

It is not that easy to get a on line game as stable as planetarion is now with decently to well balanced stats. If you need to develop one yourselfs you will need to spend enourmous amounts of money. Getting one for practically nothing might be a very good deal even if it has now a declining memberbase. Basicly, if you have a solid member base and want to provide a new game to them at little cost buying PA might be a great option.

hAl
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 14:17   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
But I still disbelieve anyone will pay very much for PA.
But we'll see.

A good point though - If someone can offer PA for free (just to keep portal visitor counts up and get some more reputation) it might just pay off to slam a few extra quid for it.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 15:12   #5
hAl
ensign forever

I wonder why they have only 1 week deadline set on this sale. seems something you should take a while for. Maybe they need to unload it before the end of the year to get the money into the company beforethe year ends.

hAl
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 17:13   #6
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
A good point though - If someone can offer PA for free (just to keep portal visitor counts up and get some more reputation) it might just pay off to slam a few extra quid for it.
For what it's worth; my educated guess is that one of the gaming portals will do this - and maybe charge like $10 for a year's access (say about 3 rounds), and also offer prizes, etc, etc.

It's highly unlikely that individuals themselves will get it, as Zeus wants a good, solid home for PA.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 23:16   #7
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
No more then 10k
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 23:39   #8
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
15k wasnt the highest offer
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 23:52   #9
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
Well, since the coding is already done, i should think it would be worth something. If anyone can make profit on online games like pa-clones, then why shouldn't someone be able to make profit on a game such as planetarion.

I think if someone would buy it, it would probably company with good economy and a plan how to make profit on it (if that's possible).

Let's just pray and hope someone will be able to bring pa back to life after this round
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2002, 00:13   #10
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilatus
Let's just pray and hope someone will be able to bring pa back to life after this round
Actually lets HOPE NOT!

It dont wanna play another round fs
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2002, 05:56   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida

Actually lets HOPE NOT!

I wish the nightmare would end
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2002, 06:10   #12
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Actually lets HOPE NOT!

/me nods in agreement
________
HAWAII MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:12.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2002, 09:27   #13
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:

Actually lets HOPE NOT!

Nobody forces you...

In fact the game could do with a nice exodus of the old guard and a new group of players to enter this game.

hAl
Unread 29 Nov 2002, 10:41   #14
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
deep inside you know that this was a lie
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2002, 11:16   #15
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
If it gets bought and continues, you just KNOW you'll be here
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 18:59   #16
Tietäjä
Good Son

So, how are the bids proceeding?
Unread 30 Nov 2002, 19:45   #17
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all
if i had the money, i'd just buy it and give it back to china.. worked for hong kong anyway..

na well.. i doubt that anyone can actually just buy it and bring it back to old greatness.. If they'd wanna do this, they'd prolly have to start a new round very very soon after this one ends, a free one, to keep at least a bunch of players and get some new ones in..
I doubt anyone will ever win much money off it or anything actually.. p2p kills it, free play doesn't pay, and nobody seems to have working ideas for alternative money-making..
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2002, 05:33   #18
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Actually lets HOPE NOT!

hehe
Same here
But I would love to at least finish this one :P