User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Nov 2002, 00:19   #1
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Did I say that

This is a chance to not make fun of others but of yourself. Every-one has said something that later they wish they could change regarding an alliance.

SO if you have made an absolute shocker that is funny nonetheless say it here... make it about an alliance whether it be major alliance, cluster or even the one off parallel alliance.

Mine was between round 3 and 4 and wolfpack had just started and I was on the public channel. Vipster pmed me and asked if I was interested in talking about an alliance with his. I was pretty dumb even then and asked him what alliance. He said it was Xanadu and was heading for a great round. I immediately thought of the movie xanadu and asked him if the players went around on roller skates and sang bad songs. OFC that was the last he spoke of it and ofc he had the last laugh.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 00:24   #2
Zitoz

hmm
i dont say i things i regrett, i do them..
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 00:29   #3
Lord_Dain

ffs go sleep

like me

ZzzZZzZZ

ps. but seriously; i have no regrets
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 00:46   #4
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Good Lord. How can I pick just one when most of my PA-career consisted of bungling and attempting to correct botched decisions?

I must admit I was pretty embarrassed when I realized that my "evidence" of Add's being a Fury spy was actually evidence that I had mistakenly attributed to Add, when in fact it pertained to someone else entirely. Not to say I felt bad for Add. He was spying, just not for Fury ;-)
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 01:06   #5
bagg
Stoppit

bagg is an unknown quantity at this point
not something i said....more did

i think actions speak louder than words, so when a retal on some idiot thats been annoying me and i have been threatening goes all wrong....

well lets just say someone u have been insulting, parading around with combat reports of your un-timely death and your fleets being pasted does nothing for ur ego
bagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 01:31   #6
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Did I say that

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
Mine was between round 3 and 4 and wolfpack had just started and I was on the public channel. Vipster pmed me and asked if I was interested in talking about an alliance with his. I was pretty dumb even then and asked him what alliance. He said it was Xanadu and was heading for a great round. I immediately thought of the movie xanadu and asked him if the players went around on roller skates and sang bad songs. OFC that was the last he spoke of it and ofc he had the last laugh.
We all had the best laugh.
Not your fault though. I think we even surprised ourselves

But vip didn't laugh alot in the end though. He was utterly dissapointed in the donation race. He (top10) wouldn't have any of it.

Anyway, I don't have any regrets either.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio

Last edited by Scorpio; 6 Nov 2002 at 22:56.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 01:37   #7
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
I only got those " You had to be there things"

And LD get some sleep FFS
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 01:53   #8
PSI^SeXeH
[DTA] Strength and Honour

PSI^SeXeH is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think i have ever done anything or said anything funny....

Round 3: ....
Round 4: [Aesir]
Round 5: [ReBorn]
Round 6: [VtS]
Round 7: [VtS]
Round 8: [VtS] [DTA]

[DTA] made me what I am now and im proud of it!!

KILL the Fury
PSI^SeXeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 02:36   #9
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts
I almost made a RumadSux planet tag the other night... would have been top 3 too :/

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 02:44   #10
N0VA
Your Nemesis and Beerg0d

N0VA is an unknown quantity at this point
For me it was back in round 6. I was coordinating multiple attacks daily, usually against FLVT affiliated gals. One night the cluster we were hitting had been doing a lot of in cluster bashing of a Nemesis galaxy, and I was assigning targets over pm, while talking to one of the galaxies we were planning on hitting that night.

To make a long story short, when I was giving one of the bc's an update of what had been claimed, I accidentally sent it to the target galaxy by mistake. When a different member in that galaxy posted in the Nemesis public channel what appeared to be straight off our target bot, Plantman and I started spyhunting. It took me a couple of hours before I realized that the "spy" was me :\

<Peacemaker1> you are projecting images that happen real. like if you were to get shot in a dream, you would wake up with a bullet hole through you
<Nova> that would suck
<RIT> yeh but It would rawk if you dreamt about lesbian orgies
<Peacemaker1> waking up in a pool of lubercant, and with dildo bruses all over. sure would
N0VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 03:03   #11
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
"of course i'll stay with Ni! and still do BC'ing"

:\
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 04:21   #12
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road
Fred, are you shooting for a talk show?

Introspective...

Gritty...

Provocative...

Coming soon... on FRED TALK.

: )

Leto

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 04:21   #13
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by N0VA
For me it was back in round 6. I was coordinating multiple attacks daily, usually against FLVT affiliated gals. One night the cluster we were hitting had been doing a lot of in cluster bashing of a Nemesis galaxy, and I was assigning targets over pm, while talking to one of the galaxies we were planning on hitting that night.

To make a long story short, when I was giving one of the bc's an update of what had been claimed, I accidentally sent it to the target galaxy by mistake. When a different member in that galaxy posted in the Nemesis public channel what appeared to be straight off our target bot, Plantman and I started spyhunting. It took me a couple of hours before I realized that the "spy" was me :\
I had forgotten all about that one. That was a brilliant night
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 07:50   #14
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Only experience was the day Agent_Orange backstabbed me (I didn't know it yet).

That day in Round 4, NoS, Legion, and Xanadu commands were having various meetings about various things (i.e. NoS having 'issues' about being on the Triad server, heh), and AO and I were in a channel designed for our parallel alliance, VeA. Well, he had a 'PiaZ' join the channel, and I got a bit huffy, paranoid, etc. Who was this person, this intruder and what did they want? AO said I could trust this person, so I did.

Later that day AO lied in the face of various VX commanders (oh I was so proud my PM with Rampage assuring him that AO and I had P12 'set' against WTF :/), told him his 'plan' to ally with Fury-controlled P12 alliances was okay, dispite my misgivings, and later that round I was promptly left in a parallel, the only Legion galaxy, with two other Elysium galaxies, versus the rest of P12.

I should have forseen NoS making a move to break ties with Legion and Xanadu. :/

Oh, and PiaZ turned out to be a much more popular person than I ever suspected.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 08:10   #15
StreeTMouseY
Critter Extraordinare

StreeTMouseY is an unknown quantity at this point
Heh in r7 i was pretty much fed up with alliances, after i quited xanadu and legion (twice), so i was in prolly only all Fury gal (7 members) and me alliancless.

I would organize my own lil raids that would be allways nicely covered, but organized totally amateur like. I would go to sandmans, find a nice ratio gal, open chan and invite my friends in for the pickings (no scans, no nothing hehe).

We allmost allways got roids, but since i cba to verify any coordinates i ended up hitting Fury gals like 3 times.

Needless to say Fury command was quite upset with me ( i remeber Germania beeing determined to roid me even tho i was in a top ten all fury gal at the time).

My charming personality didnt help either. I think he still dreams of me hihi.

But my biggrest "brilliant decision" happened beginning r5. It was three litlle letters that got me fooked.

Someone said to me- "hey mouse you were legion prev round, wanna join Xanadu r5, we will rock."

I said "yes" - rest is history (as were my roids).

Since i "learn" from my mistakes, i rejoined legion beginning r6.
We all know how that one went also :-)

MouseH

R3 - StreeTMouse of TheBigCheese - N00b
R4 - MiMiC of Terra Mistica - Legion
R5 - Mouse fatalle of CheeseLand -Xanadu
R6 - State of Mind - Critters, Legion
R7 - Property of |Queen-Doris| - Critters
R8 - Expect company of Hidden Hostile ships - Critters & OuZo (o)
StreeTMouseY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 13:03   #16
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Did I say that

I said this on irc in reply to the question

'What noise does a llama make'

I replied 'Hello I am a Cell member'

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 13:06   #17
Rythms

i said it's nice to have NoS as allies.

:/
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 13:13   #18
Oktober

trying to play professionally. waste of time and energy.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 15:54   #19
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

KoRnNut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
Only experience was the day Agent_Orange backstabbed me (I didn't know it yet).

That day in Round 4, NoS, Legion, and Xanadu commands were having various meetings about various things (i.e. NoS having 'issues' about being on the Triad server, heh), and AO and I were in a channel designed for our parallel alliance, VeA. Well, he had a 'PiaZ' join the channel, and I got a bit huffy, paranoid, etc. Who was this person, this intruder and what did they want? AO said I could trust this person, so I did.

Later that day AO lied in the face of various VX commanders (oh I was so proud my PM with Rampage assuring him that AO and I had P12 'set' against WTF :/), told him his 'plan' to ally with Fury-controlled P12 alliances was okay, dispite my misgivings, and later that round I was promptly left in a parallel, the only Legion galaxy, with two other Elysium galaxies, versus the rest of P12.

I should have forseen NoS making a move to break ties with Legion and Xanadu. :/

Oh, and PiaZ turned out to be a much more popular person than I ever suspected.
Yet just 6 months ago you claimed NoS/Legion/Xanadu broke up before protection ended, then replied that you were 'misinformed in R4 happenings' since you admitted most of your knowledge of that R4 history was not that of your own.

And Agent-Orange used to do that crap to us too. Any many others in planetarion. I'll admit many are possibly just rumours/false accusations. But either way your R4 N/L/X opinions get funnier in every 6 month interval.

We still have logs of the breakup, and have posted the url's on these bloody forums. It's been looked at over and over and over. Discussed until the cows have come home, gone away, then come back home again.

Xanadu had little to do with the breakup, hence the NAP all round 4.

Legion and NoS were both handling poorly the arbiter violations from both sides. Legion HC said it. NoS HC said it. Xanadu HC said it.

It's ludicrous to discuss this again and again and again and again. Your wrong. You just don't like NoS, and take cheap shots often using your well known reputation of being an intelligent person/player/MoD to make you sound like you have a clue about R4 issues your leaders at the time didn't be truthful with you about.

I swear Hobbie and I could have our own little forum on this subject. He'd make a thousand threads stating this same thing over and over and over, and I'd have to quit my job and reply to them all proving otherwise.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, NoS can be flamed for this and that and a thousand other things and deserve each and every flame. But this is just wrong, and annoying, and takes away from that reputation of yours bigtime.

What can I say that you can't say better?
KoRnNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 18:38   #20
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
p0ma, I'm going to assume you cannot read, or simply assume far too much because you just managed to read way more than I actually wrote.

I haven't a ****ing clue what you're talking about, especially in regards to anything I've supposedly 'said 6 months ago' (that's thrown me over for a loop), let alone how I'm trying to flame NoS.

Let's be clear on something: I'm talking about Agent_Orange and my experiences in Round 4's parallel 12. Everything else is framework for my tellings. Get it?
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 16:29   #21
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by StreeTMouseY
But my biggrest "brilliant decision" happened beginning r5. It was three litlle letters that got me fooked.

Someone said to me- "hey mouse you were legion prev round, wanna join Xanadu r5, we will rock."

I said "yes" - rest is history (as were my roids).

Since i "learn" from my mistakes, i rejoined legion beginning r6.
We all know how that one went also :-)
"jinx"

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 16:46   #22
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
back in rd 6 i had gotten in from the pub fairly pissed and made the mistake of logging on to pa i was havin a laugh in #rock on irc when i got a pm from someone saying that i had to organize defence for a rock HC who was in a bull gal so i spent a few minutes trying to explain (badly i might add but i was drunk) that we dont give ppl who pm ops defence just cause they asked for it
turns out it was glazte from xanadu so i dont think his first impression of me was too good

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 07:51   #23
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:

I haven't a ****ing clue what you're talking about
Quote:

The last comment had to be retaliated on Hobbie, the AO subject I replied truthfully too. He had alot of people considering him a 'dirtbag'. I dunno if he was or not, was never close to the guy.

It shocks me you could have forgotten such a loooooong argument we had on these forums about that subject. But I guess you do probably get into thousands of arguments/debates on issues far more important.

I don't chatter too often, so I remember ancient debates like they were yesterday.

In the end of the last argument I swear to God you walked away with much more insight on the R4 N/L/X Subject, after some logs were displayed.

I really don't wanna go digging the goodies back up. How far back does AD save it's threads? If there's a chance it's still there I'll go peak for it this weekend.
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 09:05   #24
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Go for it.

I'll remind you that at the time, I tended to put more faith into others than I should have, against my better judgement (or lack thereof). In this sense, I trusted AO to be the ally he was through our respective alliances; that falls under NoS-Legion relations. As such, I expected our alliances to cooperate, etc. etc. etc.

'Oops, my bad.'

Now do you see what I'm talking about? I'm not taking potshots at NoS, I couldn't care less about any alliance in PA 'anymore' other than Legion. Were AO in Xanadu during Round 4, I'd say things about "Gosh, why Xanadu allowed AO to harbor enemies in our parallel and cooperate with them, I have no idea, but what a bunch of dummyheads!" and the like.

It just so happens Agent_Orange was an influential individual in NoS, and it just so happens that he, bemusingly, reflected with much accuracy on the rest of NoS during Round 4.

'Hmmm...'
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 09:16   #25
KoRnNut
Friendly Hitman

Quote:

It just so happens Agent_Orange was an influential individual in NoS, and it just so happens that he, bemusingly, reflected with much accuracy on the rest of NoS during Round 4.
I dunno if I agree with that. The ideals set down by Chinese and Censor we're not subject to collapse until just before R5 started and the NoS split occured, a split in which AO was one of the leaders of the campaign. Maybe people say he took alot of the garbage with him. Sadly, much of the skill too.
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 09:36   #26
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by KoRnNut
I dunno if I agree with that. The ideals set down by Chinese and Censor we're not subject to collapse until just before R5 started and the NoS split occured, a split in which AO was one of the leaders of the campaign. Maybe people say he took alot of the garbage with him. Sadly, much of the skill too.
What Chinese and Censor set up 'ended' roughly about the time Chinese quit and NoS began a campaign of tormented alliance round-up. Oh how so many were roped.

Poor member quality-control didn't help either, though most alliances, save for, in my eyes, Elysium, Fury, WolfPack, and Xanadu were subject to that. We all sat and watched, most assuredly with a "good, I hate them" smile on our faces. You have to admit, a whole lot of people weren't exactly 'happy' with NoS Round 4 and after, heh.

But that's my outside opinion. I have no doubt you'll see things differently, and well you should. You did see it differently. We'll both be 'right' in any event.

Look, any quarrel I had with NoS died when I quit PA, as did any quarrels I had with people and alliances. My views are that of how I experienced them oh so long ago.

Voila, I wish I was drinking right now. *sigh*
Unread 9 Nov 2002, 10:11   #27
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
I once said i were glad to have Xanadu as allies:/

Seriously i think the most stupid thing i did were writing a pa-mail to my gc and thanking him for for sending defence in time for the second tick of an attack on me, so that the attackers would most likely run after first tick if they newsscanned me, when in fact he's fleet would arrive on the last tick on the second wave. Some miscalculations from my part due beeing stressed after trying to get defence for galm8's and not sleeping for almost 24 hours. He probably though i were either nuts or on drugs
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2002, 23:22   #28
trauma
Positive Centrist

trauma is an unknown quantity at this point
Lo Rids (enough said)
trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2002, 01:06   #29
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Saying that "round 8 would suit my kind of play". This was based on past experiences of attacking random galsin previous rounds. How wrong I was, I neglected to factor in tht thier would be good players in ppretty much every fecking gal.