User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Mar 2005, 16:22   #51
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Pansies

I hope there aren't too many people like Almeida in other alliances. It would certainly explain a lot if there were. I take pride in the fact that in 1up, it is the utmost minority who do not aim to take the big planets night after night, and even if certain ones in our group ask to take 'easier'/'weaker' targets, it is generally equalized by better participation in the following nights.

Teamwork, Testicular Fortitude, Common Sense - The Apparently "Secret" Ingredients For Success!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 17:24   #52
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida
Every thought about, that there are also non english native speakers out in the world u ignorant dumbass?
Yes, and Im one of them.
Quote:
tbfh, i would have had more reasons to hit 1up than LCH; LCH never touched my galaxy but 1up did several times...
I dont care about your galaxy. I have not cared about it, and I wont. EVER.

Quote:
and what bullshit are u talking about the extra work for HC's?? is it much work to do a quick PM to me: "Almeida hit that guy". Angryduck told me back then and u can ask him i didn't argue about hitting him, i simply did, though i thought it was a stupid decision; i wasn't to pansy to hit him, it was just illogical to do so, when there were targets out there left with more than twices as many roids. if u really think i was a coward that feared for his planet, then don't you think i would have stayed in ND which would have protected me from the 1up bashing i received.
So you still dont have any idea why an alliance have Military Officers or BC's...
Oh well.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 17:26   #53
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Here endeth the PA guide on 'how to get banned real fast'

Thank you for your attention.
And what exactly was wrong with what I wrote. Neither was I using swear words etc.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 18:06   #54
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

What Gate said is pretty correct. Just to make it clear: not getting def will never be a cause for me to leave an ally, i was deffed nearly all the time i was in ND, and when i didn't recieve def: well shit happens, every ally runs out of def sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
but 72 hours after Almeida left ND, he joined HR as I remember it, (ofcoarse his planet was toast by the time he actually put the tag on)
i was toast 10 ticks after leaving ND, coz many ppl in 1up disliked me, coz i deffed against 1up incoming on my gal m8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
And what exactly was wrong with what I wrote. Neither was I using swear words etc.
for the first time in this thread: i agree with u on that
Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 20:31   #55
shik
Sorry, Chicken...

shik is infamous around these partsshik is infamous around these parts

haha almi has a bad reputation
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 20:40   #56
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

ya my bad, it was the "I want to kill 1up thing". He couldn't live with our politics, oh well. Thing is what's that say about someone when they can't wait two weeks and they screw the alliance they been playing for all round. We were talking about like a 7 Million score difference, in a tight race to the finish...
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 20:50   #57
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

lol shika u too :P

i could have waited for two weeks, the 1up thingy wasn't my only cause, i had problems with a couple of the other officers and i didn't feel welcome any more (well there were exceptions who made me feel fluffy, the ppl i am talking about here know who i mean and i am still in good contact with them)
and due to the good work u finished before HR with a nice score so i didn't have an influence on the ranking at all.
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 21:07   #58
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Almi did promise in pm to tell me why he quit

that was 4 months ago :s not seen him since.
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 21:09   #59
Almeida

heh i am sitting in #newdawn every night.
just slapped u there, go and answer my PM :P
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 22:11   #60
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

ahh gimme a breack guys.. so i cant attack a lot and pwns everbody bcoz my ally will kick me? big planets need a big fleet to attack other big planets and keep the #1...

ofc all the allys need big planets and good players... tick based games NEED this... =p \EOD
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2005, 02:28   #61
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Beeing good in pa required in the old days a special mindset.

To get there we need to remember what "back then" was important to get a good planet.

a) income and steady roidflow
b) good targets
c) security

a) you needed the right time and right place to attack (others had to deplete defence or draw defence for you)
b) you needed the best possible target. not neccessarily the fattest (as they draw or can draw defence) but a good mixture and the "amount" does the trick. 3 fleets = 3 medium incomes = 1 big jackpot.
c) Loads of lil helpers who bail you out if it gets tight and a good and active gal +cluster

going to have a closer look at b:
In early times not every shipclass was meant for attacking. Alot of times ships good at covering your apods were totally insufficient for defence and vice versa. This meant a planet who wanted or "needed" to attack alot (to achieve a good rank) literally did so by regrouping his fleet entirely around the offensive.
Especially if you followed the 3 fleeting strategy you couldnt allow yourself much "dead weight" shipwise. because the home fleet was a very vulnerable thing and by keeping it home u might have lost significant score while beeing afk / sleeping and not beeing able to evacuate.

Another important thing is the needed arrogance. Surely keeping a fleet on road knowing it wont bring rocks is a honorable thing to do, but if u wanna be up there you gonna have to get roids. Recall and let the others take care. 1 defender more or less wont make a diff right ?

Said that, beeing charity with tgt picking wont bring you further either, the best suited targets must be yours.

All in all, beeing up there has never brought much and in the end wasnt worth the time. Paranoia takes its toll with you and its been shown over and over the highest planets are often the biggest dorks (exceptions are there, luck, politics and other things might influence that)

these days with score its much more a teamgame. Defending actually is not a wasted opportunity but can, if the right situation occurs give you a nice bump in the right alley.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2005, 04:14   #62
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
in all fairness to aif as far as i know he defended all round... tek however didn't even come to 1up till he had a very nice rank and with his switch to 1up and the defence he almost got instantly he basically had no chance but to def ALOT
Indeed.. Aif isn't a selfish person.. I remember getting personally a defence fleet from him very early in the game last round. And after round 11 where a sertain person won then coming in #creators telling how crap his alliance was it was great that Aif won round 12. Sadly he messed up a bit in the end of round 11, else we might have had a worthy winner that round aswell, not a selfish coward who basically tells his alliance to go show it once he got what he wanted and they couldn't punish him in any way anymore. I'll put my money on cheerios being the first to have left 1up if the war had gone lch's way that round.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2005, 04:38   #63
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
maybe we will see a lot more top zik players defending their alliancemates this round due to the potential stealing factor?
They better defend alot against cath co, since it's probably all useful defence they can do unless they farm some really cool ships they don't gonna use for attacking
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 18:52   #64
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

off topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Here endeth the PA guide on 'how to get banned real fast'

Thank you for your attention.
if someone wanted a guide on 'how to be a bad mod' look no further then the example you set

lokken your a bad mod for letting this discussion get so off topic and letting the thread get involved in a matter which may of been in context when first pointed out, it soon became a petty argument. i would give you bad rep. for that but seems you stopped ppl doing that as you would most likely be on a very low rating. i have noticed this over quite a few threads where you have posted rather pointlessly and taken part in moving the thread off topic.

on topic:

i personnaly agree that the players with larger score are completly selfish when it comes to defence etc. the problem i see if that these alliance members are popular within the alliance. if they werent they wouldnt be able to get away with it.

yet ive seen a lot of cases where people threaten to take people with them and leave because they are being told its unacceptable to play in such a way. alot of HC's wont take the risk and so these players keep on going in the same way.
[23:42:56] <SkyHead> Keep your fleets
[23:43:02] <SkyHead> Keep your faith
[23:43:08] <SkyHead> Keep your anti 1up spirit

-retired 1up MO-
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 18:59   #65
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
off topic:

if someone wanted a guide on 'how to be a bad mod' look no further then the example you set

lokken your a bad mod for letting this discussion get so off topic and letting the thread get involved in a matter which may of been in context when first pointed out, it soon became a petty argument. i would give you bad rep. for that but seems you stopped ppl doing that as you would most likely be on a very low rating. i have noticed this over quite a few threads where you have posted rather pointlessly and taken part in moving the thread off topic.
Hypocrite.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 19:06   #66
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

am i a mod? no. am i the one meant to be stopping threads going off topic and being turned into complete rubbish like this one was? no. is lokken? yes.

i guess id be a hypocrite if i were a mod doing the same things.

btw this is going of topic completly as well :/

I would respond, but I can't, because it would be offtopic. Sorry. Lok

-retired 1up MO-

Last edited by lokken; 9 Apr 2005 at 19:23.
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 19:51   #67
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
btw this is going of topic completly as well :/
How very observant of you. Perhaps you should have taken it to PM right away instead of trying to score a cheap shot with it?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 19:58   #68
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I dont see anything wrong with lokken or how hes modded forums - so what the problem you have with him is, i dont know.
vote of confidence from me for him anyway.
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 20:02   #69
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
How very observant of you. Perhaps you should have taken it to PM right away instead of trying to score a cheap shot with it?
i dont know the person its a general observation. as phil^ pointed out pateam members have total confidence in him which is all that matters.

edit: and lol for the neg rep. i guess its people like you that gave me one for saying gl in the thread where everyone else did.

-retired 1up MO-
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 20:06   #70
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

hm
it sounded to me like a personal grudge from the way you worded your posts about him.
doesnt really matter though but i`d also suspect there are a large number of others on this and other forums which also have confidence in lokken, not just restricted to pateam members
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 20:55   #71
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Lokken owns
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 21:10   #72
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As this thread is now dead and hideously offtopic and if i deleted anything i'd look like someone who was afraid of criticism i suppose i better defend myself. Note: I will let threads drift off topic if its an interesting discussion, and there's not much else going on.

Seriously, before you posted there were only 3 or 4 posts which were slightly off topic, which i let go, because they didn't damage the thread. The discussion on Almeida is firmly ontopic, as people were suggesting he was a 'pansy'. I have every intention of slamming users in public as i see fit, because they behaved reprehensibly, and they and the rest of the forum should know how not to behave.

I participate in threads because i'm a long time user of AD, I'm pretty confident i post within the rules nigh on all of the time, and that when I make a shit post, I get the likes of Banned/JBG/others on my back.

If you have a problem with me modding this forum, I suggest you contact my superior JammyJim to get me removed. My thanks to PA team and others for backing me up. If you want to take this to PM, please do so, and i'll fix the thread.

Last edited by lokken; 9 Apr 2005 at 21:31.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2005, 21:23   #73
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
off topic:

It's ok to be off topic as long as it's absolutely fascinating.

Like you. Your internet arrogance fascinates me, so it's OK. You know what else would be fascinating is your coords. Let us have 'em.

On topic of your off-topic post:
Lok is a good mod. It's very hard to mod AD and he's doing a good job. You should feel lucky you have an account.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh

Last edited by demiGOD; 9 Apr 2005 at 21:28.
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote