User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 17:47   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
For those that dont want 1up to win next round...

yes theres been no interesting topics here for a week or so so illl try conjure one up. I have nothing against 1up and prefer them to many other alliances because of mates i got there but i know the majority of pa players dont want to see them win again so heres my unbiased view as to how to stop them winning rnd 13.

1) Make sure they play with 60 players

or else it will be even harder to dislodge them. Do this prob by baiting them on ad and saying they need to prove it one more time at 2/3 strength in a round of stronger allys.

2) Dont let them block with Ministry/Angels.

I think many of the newer players here underestimate the strength and depth that ministry are bringing to pa. Anyone who doesnt think they will finish top 5 needs there head examined. I would prob go as far as saying that they pose a greater threat than newdawn and therefore if 1up allied with minitry... well you see where im going with this. Ministry will not be looking to go solo in their first pa round for a while so watch this space to see how the round could shape up.
1up could also get around the 100 members option by taking on the angels bg and still be under 100 members( allowing them to fairly square up to other 100 member alliance. Remember angels contain a lot of top players also and it would be dangerous to let them join with 1up in one shape or form ( although i doubt the command from either side would work together but hey funnier things have happened.)

3) Avoid fencesitting.

One of the most important, as the buddy system will ensure u should land with 1 hostile pack in your galaxy. So alliances, dont decrease the number of targets available to you by letting your members fencesit.

4) Use the power of persuasion.

Remeber when ad could actually influence people? where are all the anti 1up posts at the moment so that the community slowly becomes biased to an anti 1up view. It didnt take long for for example for Ldk in 9.5 to become the most hated alliance simply through the amount of bad press on ad. Every non ldk player despised them and didnt want them to win. But the boards here arent even close to that , infact the vibe i got after last round was that people were more glad lch/hr didnt win. If thats the view you want to give out to all the newer/smaller players new to game thats fine, but dont be surprised when 1up claim victory again.

Anyway just a small unbiased view, any other thouight s about how they can be beaten (without mass blocking ofc) are welcome for discusssion
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 18:33   #2
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice
Re: For those that dont want 1up to win next round...

aside from 1uppers, i dont thing anybody wants them to win another round.. with them blocking with any other alliances should advertise more blocking by other alliances, then will grudge more and more anti-1up sentiment going around and could possibly bring another 2 massive blocks fighting each other like we've seen before -

seriously, if 1up wins r13, then there's really something going on around here that's beyond our control - back to my cueball theory -

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 19:20   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
1) Make sure they play with 60 players

or else it will be even harder to dislodge them. Do this prob by baiting them on ad and saying they need to prove it one more time at 2/3 strength in a round of stronger allys.
tbh, they don't need to prove something they have already proved.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 19:39   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

You missed one:

5) Post everything you do on AD. Make sure you make all your plans public, so everyone can see you aren't a threat at all. Also make sure that everyone in 1up knows that no one wants them to win.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 19:52   #5
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

This is all foolishness.

All it takes to beat 1up is simple: get your shit together, and do it.

You don't need blocks, politics, or anything else...just dedication and activity.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 20:03   #6
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
This is all foolishness.

You don't need blocks, politics, or anything else...just dedication and activity.
i think hes got a point
blocks and such are just added bonuses
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 20:07   #7
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ministry arent playing, as well as that, if 1up goes by "those" rules you set out, why doesnt every other ally go at those limits?
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 20:11   #8
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I think the vast majority of this post is not even worth considering as, quite simply, they are assuming that 1up might do things that go COMPLETELY against what 1up is. 1up is, and always was, about quality over quantity. The reason 1up went 2/3 members last round was not because 1up couldn't get the members. If 1up wanted numbers, it could build itself as big as it wanted without trouble. Also, from the start, 1up has tried to prevent stagnation and other disadvantages caused by blocking, so what on earth makes you think 1up would change their whole philosophy and block with (of all people) ministry?

To be honest, I get the impression this post was made just for the sake of making a post, as most of the points seem to be speculation based on some random alliance names and some random political events. Most of it is at best, very unlikely.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 20:49   #9
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
ministry arent playing, as well as that, if 1up goes by "those" rules you set out, why doesnt every other ally go at those limits?
that is true,

plus Ministry considered themselves the best in pia and one of the reasons to come back was because they wanted to fight 1up, as players who play both games were saying they couldnt beat 1up. So why would ministry have joined wih 1up if they wanted to fight them

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 20:54   #10
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Also thread as a whole seems quite bad tbh, as Bashar said as well 1up was created to counter blocking/stagnation and hence make the game interesting. What you are suggesting we "stop" 1up from being able to do is things that would mean a complete 180 degree turn in policy, which I dont see happening

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 9 Feb 2005, 21:09   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

1up, could you plz post an exact membercount of what you'll play with in round 13? So we, Angels, can do the "100-1up" formula so when you decide to take us as a BG we match the perfect 100

thanks in advance ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 21:12   #12
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

And where's this idea that no-one outside 1up wants 1up to win?
I can assure you that if they had 0 support they would be long dead.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 21:35   #13
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbie
Nobody outside 1up WANTS 1up to win, however many would PREFER 1up to win when they consider other options (i.e. a lesser evil).
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 22:20   #14
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Nono, there are some who want 1up to win on their own merits.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 22:41   #15
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Nono, there are some who want 1up to win on their own merits.
I think there are far more that fit into the mould I said though.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 23:17   #16
Gumbie
SiN HC

That as it may be, but you were talking in absolutes, but the minority of people who think 1up should win for being cool outside of 1up is large enough to be significant.

<toot> what do you think
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 23:23   #17
Bashar
Idle Git

I would personally class significant as being able to have an effect on the outcome of the round, and I do not feel this is the case. There may be a few here and there, but I very much doubt they would make a lot of difference to the outcome of rounds. The people who I would class as significant are the ones I mentioned, those that have 1up as a preference to certain others. These people I would say are mostly in an alliance themselves, and ideally want their own alliance to win, but if they are not in a position to do so, would prefer 1up to win instead of any other. That is my take on the situation.
Unread 9 Feb 2005, 23:45   #18
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
Also thread as a whole seems quite bad tbh, as Bashar said as well 1up was created to counter blocking/stagnation and hence make the game interesting. What you are suggesting we "stop" 1up from being able to do is things that would mean a complete 180 degree turn in policy, which I dont see happening
?
Next you say 1up use fluid politics.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 00:46   #19
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

To be perfectly honest... The day I ally Ministry, is the day I quit this game...

Offense.

(No, I didnt forget the "no" part)

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 00:46   #20
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

Ministry in joining 1up shocker!
Or Ministry in being too idle to do fk all non shocker.....

There wont be any "Ministry" next round. So don't fear us while stroking the mighty 1up...
/me pets 1up..
*meow* u say...

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 00:48   #21
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=124
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=129
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=136

sorry for bringing these old posts, but its been mentioned, slated and flamed on.. its just funny that you mentioned it - so here they are --

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 01:05   #22
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

yes ministry arent playing
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 01:18   #23
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
This is all foolishness.

Total cooperation and trust to take out the primary target would be my advice.

If they do that - they'll have 1up no trouble. They have to simply as committed to eliminating 1up as 1up are to being successful.

You need politics, as there's no point taking out 1up if it results in certain political annihilation. Simply playing with an aim to eliminate another alliance rather than to benefit yourself would be plain silly in my view. To take out 1up, every alliance needs options once the deed is done, or there's little point in them doing it.

Obviously self-improvement is an essential facet to running any alliance, part of an HC's job is to hunt down problems, find solutions and have them implemented, preferably before the round starts rather than mid-way.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 01:36   #24
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
?
Next you say 1up use fluid politics.
One day you'll actually make a post that doesn't reek of your bitterness towards 1up and what it has managed to do with the game.

One day my child.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 03:03   #25
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

well, i dont think 1up will ever be out of the running for top alliance, for the fact if they stay active like any alliance its possible, because as u cant kill XP they can still posses a number of large planets which may not be large in value, but at the end of the day it gets the job done
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 03:14   #26
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

To clear a few things up. Ministry got OWNED in PIA, and then went missing in action for a round, (may be due to the HUGE block they were in) then next thing I know they popped up saying that they would play here. Only after it was shown that PA could be owned with a small # of players. I.E 1up *cough* ANGELS.

1up, undoubtedly will win next round, because of the #1 HC, and #1 politician. #1 HC being MAZZ (he does all the work) #1 politician being SId (he makes all of the decisions) We can all agree that he probably had his plan for RD 13 mapped out sometime ago. And if people leave 1up, retire etc, it won't matter. People play better when they play with the best.
The only sesible thing that I could see having 1up fall, would be the man for man match from ANGELS, and the strongest help on ANGELS side. If ANGELS rock, plaing and politics, 1up could lose. If ANGELS suck, GJ 1up.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 04:11   #27
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont seem to recall 1up confirming that we'll even play r13
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 04:44   #28
Stals
Retired

Stals is an unknown quantity at this point

does PA still exist ?
R5 Legion member
R6 Legion BC
R7 Legion BC
WC2 TiG's Terriffic Tribe (winner galaxy!)
R8 Plush member
R9 ToT/LCH BC
R9.5 LDK Scanner
R10 Ðragons BC
R10.5 Didn't play
R11 1uP (winner galaxy!)
R12 1uP MO (winner galaxy!)
R13 Not playing
Stals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 05:30   #29
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
I think that there was a confirmed RD 13 Alliance Thread. Also, from experience, I know you are out of the loop.
THANKS
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 06:37   #30
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
One day you'll actually make a post that doesn't reek of your bitterness towards 1up and what it has managed to do with the game.

One day my child.
Hmm read the forums my child. I'm not always negative about 1up. Mostly, but not always.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 09:27   #31
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
To clear a few things up. Ministry got OWNED in PIA, and then went missing in action for a round, (may be due to the HUGE block they were in) then next thing I know they popped up saying that they would play here. Only after it was shown that PA could be owned with a small # of players. I.E 1up *cough* ANGELS.

Its true they lost the last two rounds they played, but they didnt go "missing" for a round.

The "play r13" thread came up either just after or just before they stopped playing pia as an alliance

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 09:28   #32
Stifler

Quote:
I think that there was a confirmed RD 13 Alliance Thread. Also, from experience, I know you are out of the loop.
THANKS

tbh, I wouldnt say you are very "in the loop" either

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:29   #33
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Hey idler m8, no offense but your own HC confirmed more then a few times in pm that they'll play. How and in what format they couldn't tell me but that they will play they said a few times.

Which is good, 1up dropping out would mean another step backwards for PA (again).

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 12:33   #34
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
The only sesible thing that I could see having 1up fall, would be the man for man match from ANGELS, and the strongest help on ANGELS side. If ANGELS rock, plaing and politics, 1up could lose. If ANGELS suck, GJ 1up.
I don't see how the potential failure of Angels would have anything to do with 1up unless it was 1up who caused it ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 14:54   #35
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Hey idler m8, no offense but your own HC confirmed more then a few times in pm that they'll play. How and in what format they couldn't tell me but that they will play they said a few times.

Which is good, 1up dropping out would mean another step backwards for PA (again).

obviously Im aware of this.

I was just trying to make a "oh noes" due to the fact that it hasnt been confirmed through any "official" statement.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 17:11   #36
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

hmm shame there not many posts here from non 1up people, guess it shows how many people are even interested preround if 1up win again or not. I guess many normal players expect to turn up at their alliances door a few days a few days before round starts and be told who they are fighting this round instead of actually getting together and planning now what needs to be done. This sort of lack of planning which makes me think 1up will walk away victorious again this round. i do not grudge them victory as yes they have made the last two rounds a lot more closer. Isnt it about time we had a more soloish round where as many as possible go solo? similar to rnd 8 a bit

Sad to hear about ministry not playing, its a loss to pa not being able to tempt them back.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 17:18   #37
Bashar
Idle Git

Round 8 was one of the worst rounds there was from a blocking perspective.

Also, planning now about how to 'defeat 1up' would be an extreme waste of time. We still do not know the format the game will take - galaxy setup for example, alliance limit too, we also don't know if any of the game mechanics are changing. Any attempts at planning now could not be considered as planning, but rather speculation, as all anybody can do is speculate about what tactics will be available for use within the game. Galaxy setup is a particularly good example, private/random/buddy packs etc. all have a massive effect on how the game will work.

Basically, planning now would be a waste of time, as the chances are, any plans will not fully allow for all the games intricacies.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 17:38   #38
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

maybe i was sure there were a few more solo alliances in round 8? maybe my memory is jaded cos i was in NoS back then and they were def solo.

yeah i guess all that is left to plan is gal/buddy setups.

And thanks bashar i was trying to spell intracicities this morning and didnt have a dictionary. still got it wrong
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 18:19   #39
Bashar
Idle Git

I am not sure what that word you just spelt is, but if you don't have a dictionary, this is always a good place to try (and I put intricacies into it as I have no idea what you were trying to spell, so at least you can work out if we both meant the same word).
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 18:41   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
hmm shame there not many posts here from non 1up people, guess it shows how many people are even interested preround if 1up win again or not. I guess many normal players expect to turn up at their alliances door a few days a few days before round starts and be told who they are fighting this round instead of actually getting together and planning now what needs to be done. This sort of lack of planning which makes me think 1up will walk away victorious again this round. i do not grudge them victory as yes they have made the last two rounds a lot more closer. Isnt it about time we had a more soloish round where as many as possible go solo? similar to rnd 8 a bit

Sad to hear about ministry not playing, its a loss to pa not being able to tempt them back.
Though i'm not playing next round, I want ND to win, don't care about 1up, and couldn't give two hoots about how ND achieved it.
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 20:41   #41
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I personally think this playing anti 1up thread is BS..
Every alliance should just play to win and have fun..
And if you try to win u probs have to kick the other alliances like 1up in the arse..
If you play to "not let 1up win again" then you will never win, or get above them even..
If you are still traumatized by 1ups victory then you should really get a life..

There are no rules like do this or that play with that amount of peeps or something.. only on paper maybe but in the end.. The best alliance wins.. simple

if you dont want 1up to win then you should look @ urself instead of at them..
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 21:01   #42
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
And if you try to win u probs have to kick the other alliances like 1up in the arse..
If you play to "not let 1up win again" then you will never win, or get above them even..
If you are still traumatized by 1ups victory then you should really get a life..

There are no rules like do this or that play with that amount of peeps or something.. only on paper maybe but in the end.. The best alliance wins.. simple

What you just said is the one and only good spirit to play PA and win a round. I couldn't say it better myself.

FA Gaming community

Unread 10 Feb 2005, 21:49   #43
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Well put.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2005, 22:24   #44
Stifler

Quote:

nicely put, couldnt have said it any better

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 08:32   #45
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

dont worry guys, veneratio's gonna win it next round

Unread 11 Feb 2005, 12:30   #46
CrazySpoon
Pimpin Spoon

CrazySpoon is on a distinguished road

Oh in my Legion days I never liked Fury. Just because they were the "enemies". Been reading the forum for a bit now. All I can say is that 1up knows how to play the game. They are devoted to eachother. Respect for that. If they win they deserve it. Simple as that. Don't ask others to be against them. Just be sure that your alliance starts working decently. As long as an alliance doesnt function as good as 1up does you already have a disadvantage at the start of a round. So it really comes up to good organisation and devotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desse
<Desse> go away
<Desse> you are retired
CrazySpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2005, 22:59   #47
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough

think i gotta agree with alessio, if u dont wanna let 1up win, sort it out yourself rather than callin them and setting restrictions. 1up dont need to prove jack, theyve kicked ass for a while and obviously without some support from elsewhere they wouldnt have done so well

the best way to make sure they dont win is for the top allies to work their asses off, we will be but were not the same league yet, we only started in r12 so give us a chance! When we can compete with the top allies we will do our best to make ourselves stronger, not make others weaker unless we have a pure rivalry between us, not jsut that were jealous that they kicked ass for rounds and rounds.

Gl to all the top allies in R13 and although it would be nice to see some glory elsewhere, gl to 1up again.

Jus play guys come on its a game!
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 02:15   #48
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by higginz
obviously without some support from elsewhere they wouldnt have done so well
Obviously
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 04:35   #49
lokken
BlueTuba

I don't understand why old school players would want to join 1up, I don't see the challenge.

Playing with the same old band who you know are a successful combination seems pretty pointless to me.

Personal view of mine, fire away.
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 08:41   #50
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Being with Sid and those cool consistent players is a sure win