User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Feb 2003, 12:21   #1
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy So R10 will be p2p aswell??

i think there's been enough discussion already about p2p and why it should be better for the game to have 1,2 free rounds, so i won't make this thread very long.
just want to say that i'm very disappointed.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 13:13   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
There was never any realistic chance of any subsequent round of PA being totally free so it came as no surprise to me.
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 14:03   #3
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: So R10 will be p2p aswell??

Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
i think there's been enough discussion already about p2p and why it should be better for the game to have 1,2 free rounds, so i won't make this thread very long.
just want to say that i'm very disappointed.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 14:46   #4
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
u seriously expected the all singing all dancing mega game-fest that is round 10, to be free?

i r teh tooth fairy also..

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 14:50   #5
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I assumed (when they announced plans to sell it) someone would buy PA (someone with enough capital, that is) and make it free for a couple of rounds and get lots of new players in, to try and make it what it once was. Then maybe charge for it, or get revenue from advertisements like in the past.

Silly me.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 19:16   #6
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
if they made it free and then when back to p2p we'd have the same balls up that was r5 all over again, it would be utterley pointless.
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 19:35   #7
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

But we'd have had 1 or 2 great rounds with plenty of planets and hell of a lot more players paying than we do now.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 12 Feb 2003, 19:41   #8
rc mayhem

1) PA is a business and therefore needs to be run as one.
2) Advetising revenue is nowhere near what it used to be. ppl have learned not to click the links.
3) Jolt, nor most other companies have the money to spend on PA for 3-4 months + the cost of buying it without getting anything back.
4) read spinners replies in my thread.
5) now you see that Spinner is saying that there may be some type of free or time limited or whatever accounts but its up to Jolt.
6) have a nice day

Cm
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 19:57   #9
Moondoggie
Ancient Ensign

Moondoggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is everyone always so hung up about the price? You could pay for five rounds of PA for the price of a typical computer game.

I can understand for new players not wanting to pay for something they haven't seen, but established community? Is 10 euro really all that much for 3 months of fun?
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 20:09   #10
Satoeng
Human Bomb [Ely]

Satoeng is an unknown quantity at this point
true

Quote:
Originally posted by Moondoggie
[b]Why is everyone always so hung up about the price? You could pay for five rounds of PA for the price of a typical computer game.
/B]

true. and a bough comp game is usually not that interesting for long...

The only thing that works for free is the sun!
stop bitching about p2p everyone!
free from all false pride
i will crack the whip
with a bolt mighty hail
cover me wtih death
if i should ever fail...
glory,majesty,unity
HAIL ! HAIL ! HAIL !
Satoeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 20:18   #11
rc mayhem

Quote:
Originally posted by Moondoggie
Why is everyone always so hung up about the price? You could pay for five rounds of PA for the price of a typical computer game.

I can understand for new players not wanting to pay for something they haven't seen, but established community? Is 10 euro really all that much for 3 months of fun?
Thank god not everyones mad. Yes there are some ppl that are actually worried about the new players but the vast majority of you get over it!

Cm
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 21:33   #12
Kuener
Autobot

Kuener has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
if they made it free and then when back to p2p we'd have the same balls up that was r5 all over again, it would be utterley pointless.
But Each round the since r5 the amount of planets has dropped a lot, and not because people are wary of paying, because they game is becomming stale, a new setup in r10 will help, but a larger planet base will give PA new blood, which is so desperately needs.
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 03:07   #13
aza1

aza1 is an unknown quantity at this point
People seem to be missing the point on here, the issue for us already here is not about price (because we are all prepared to pay and have so in the past), this issue is about the size of playerbase.

A free round is a obvious way to build this playerbase up, and a decent player base is vital to pa's survival.

I don't think i and many others will bother playing if we go below 1k players.
aza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 03:29   #14
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
since spinner knows he cant afford to run a free round they will run a free system of some kind next round otherwise they will kill playerbase anyway. free system could be anything from ad pop ups / restricted features / restricted time limits. god knows.

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 11:39   #15
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I assumed (when they announced plans to sell it) someone would buy PA (someone with enough capital, that is) and make it free for a couple of rounds and get lots of new players in, to try and make it what it once was. Then maybe charge for it, or get revenue from advertisements like in the past.

Silly me.
Silly u

silly silly u...

WE NEED A FREE ROUND TO GET MORE PLANETS! or else it will be boring and i'll have to keep attacking scouse for roids..

increase the playerbase ffs!

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:22   #16
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueArmy
WE NEED A FREE ROUND TO GET MORE PLANETS! or else it will be boring and i'll have to keep attacking scouse for roids..
Well you've never got any off me before so I don't think that'll help you much.

Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:30   #17
Ðiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueArmy
Silly u

silly silly u...

increase the playerbase ffs!
So, I take it you haven't got a great deal of friends?
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 12:45   #18
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner
Quick update:

- The talks with Jolt about a way to attract new players is coming to an end, I think you will like the announcement coming later today (-:

Maybe this statement on the announcement forum implies a free round...!?
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 14:03   #19
BillyZ
ROT FOUNDER

BillyZ is an unknown quantity at this point
i liked it better when it was free. it is harder for me to join every round now due to the fact i dont have a credit card. all i have is cash.
on top of that round 9 or 10 sould be free due to the fact that round 8 was shut down early and we lost all of our money.
BillyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 14:33   #20
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
A free round could attract player, but if those player stay is questionable. To promote R10 and its differences to past pa-rounds it would be better to make this round free...
Unread 13 Feb 2003, 18:00   #21
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by -QS-
Maybe this statement on the announcement forum implies a free round...!?
despite the fact theres already combined r9/10 prices? i think now.. prolly implies something about pods shooting first or pds being free or some other radical bs.

[/optimism]

[/sarcasm]

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote