User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 14:16   #1
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
The BNP

Since the tv/newspapers/politicians everywhere are giving the BNP endless coverage to try and boost their vote in future elections, I thought I'd do the same here.

From my own viewpoint, I have actually been tempted to vote BNP for many years now, but have restrained (I refused to vote at all last week, or I probably would have gone BNP). And yes, I live in lancashire up in t'north like the rest of the scummy BNP supporters.

But I stayed up watching the elections show last night until 2am or so, and it seemed to me like the BNP were consistently getting 5-10% of the vote in every region in England. They came close to a few other seats (within 25-50k votes in some regions). I think it was the east midlands where the BNP got 8% of the vote - the same % of the vote they got in yorkshire? and more than they got in the north west - but didn't get an MEP through it. But yet its Lancs/Yorks getting all the abuse atm.

One thing that annoys me is the massive anti-BNP sentiment amongst politicians. This country is a democracy, they're a legit party, and they're getting 5-10% of the people's vote (some would say that means 1 in every 10-20 MPs should be BNP ) - so stfu! Most of them come out with gems like "the BNP is a racist evil party! But people that vote for them aren't, they just don't understand their policies" - HAHAHAHAHA. The BNP must be the ONLY party in the UK who's policies are known by all. If you ask the layman on the street to explain the difference between conservative and labour policies, they'd be clueless. Choosing which of them to vote for is effectively a leader-personality competition - poor gordon brown.

I myself am surprised the BNP's vote was so little - but I guess now that they've got a foothold in politics, people will take them more seriously and their vote will increase year by year. That is, unless another mainstream party comes in with ""radical"" ideas to try and solve the problems faced in this country, particularly society wise.

Also, politicians that hate the BNP. Do they realise that by sitting on tv going "OMG THE BNP IS EVIL EVIL ARRGGHHHHH THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END OMGOMG" like retards, they are not only giving the BNP publicity, but also going to make more people in the "hmm i might vote bnp, but i won't"-category more inclined to vote for them.

All that said, although I'm tempted to vote BNP, I hope they never actually get in power - my prediction is they'll be the #2 party by 2020. The BNP just needs to become large enough to make the other parties realise that their liberal views to try and please everyone (but ****ing the country up and doing nothing to solve the country's problems) are shit.

edit: as for my own personal racist views (I like to think this is an accurate description of myself): I am racist against ethnic groups collectively, but not in the slightest bit against individuals, nor do I stereotype said individuals when I first meet them (nearly all of my friends from 1994-1999 were indian/pakistani <3 most left my school then and nearly everyone in my A-level classes were white so meh).

Last edited by newt; 8 Jun 2009 at 14:22.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote