User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 22:33   #51
Lui
Lemming

Lui is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius
As far as I've been told, hirr also ordered vacmode, although clarification would be appreciated.
I do love it when people start a sentence with anything a long the lines of "As far as I know..." They can then go on to say absolutely anything they like without any come back.

Why anyone would assume that I would order lemmings to go into vacation with members of nar, after posting this thread a while ago would be silly. Whoever tells you stuff should be sacked, just ask me and I'll tell it like it is. We didn't go it alone so we could hide, we went alone so we could fight...and do what we've always done! Gnaw on the ankles of giants.

The only official hirr news comes from hirr HC. Unless it comes from hirr HC, it is most likely to be inaccurate or completely false. We don't come onto AD often so its usually business when we do.

/me applauds ColCarp for this awesome thread! I think everything you've said here makes complete sense...its all good common sense stuff.

I think its all somewhat wasted though. Are we not just doing what should be done. Its not like we've done anything special. I don't see anything that amazing about what hirr did...and now ND (possibly some others but I really haven't been paying attention). We've been fighting our own style since the beginning of our respective alliances.

Lets face it - a battle for moral highground would just make someone look desperate for attention, so I keep my fighting to "in game" mostly. Getting the better of someone in AD is about as meaningful as a fart in the dark, however entertaining or funny it might be. A lot of the time its just hot air and it stinks.

Lui
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 22:46   #52
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
It's always been good on AD for hirr, they've been consistently popular on this board, a lot of people seem to like 'Leto' who seems to be the guy people like to think of 'hirr'. They are popular because they've kept a philosophy of consistently engaging the enemy. I don't know anything about hirr/ND and splitting up, so if you want to fill me in in our channel, that's fine. To be honest though, if my allies went into vac, I wouldn't be best pleased.

I saw what happened in round 7, people (as usual) were too afraid of losing - no doubt it will happen again, it might not though. I'm with Biggdogg on this one, purely because so far all we've seen cop outs and a general lack of resiliance compared to rounds past. Wouldn't you rather the opposition responded by actually having a go with their planets instead of posting pages of drivel of why WEET are so eval because they dare to try to win? I certainly would.

Yes this post is phrased in a way blatantly to get popularity/sympathy, but still I'd rather have some ND fighting talk than a whining VOM or NAR member.
In VOM HC we regarded the chances for loosing as more than 70%. We didnt have a problem with that. We wanted to loose in style (scenario where NAhR naps WEET if we get strong). We were not allowed that.

NAhRWEET strategy was that we should have 0 chance to get somewhere. We wanted our 10-30% chance.

If you, Lokken, think thats okey, then I really have to re-evaluate my opinion on you.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 22:48   #53
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by tacite
ColCarp, as always,
you have my complete and utter respect.

We have been where you are now,
and Im proud to say we did the same thing.

To be honest I never expected anything else from you,
you, and NewDawn have nothing but my admiration.

Thank you for once again showing the stuff youre made of.

Deepest regards,
Eylisia

Elysium HC
Maybe its time for Elysium to show the community what you are made off?

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 22:55   #54
black-eyed boy
ND

black-eyed boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Still a lot of people miss the point of this thread.

Check out the "Vacation Monkeys" thread for once, lot of posts there suppose that whole nar is in vacation mode which is bollocks. If you think it's fun checking forums and reading that you are a spineless coward in vacation mode I must assure you it's not

Look at this thread as a reminder that not nar is in vacation mode but just a part of it.
just why we're really here
black-eyed boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:03   #55
Lui
Lemming

Lui is an unknown quantity at this point
People will say what they like. As long as you know that you're on-track, everything will be straight in the end.

Its almost sad to state endlessly that you are not in vacation at every occassion - just as its lame to keep reporting false facts.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:23   #56
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
I just hope none of the eta 1 attackers recall so we can kill some enemy ships
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:37   #57
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
Is the reason people are in vacationmode to protect their roids? I think they already lost them, so did VOM at the time.

The point is rather to say this is stupid and hope for sanity from Eclipse and Elysium HC.
Erm, in rd 6 we had lost our roids too. Vactionmode was done by a very small number of players for the exact same reason its being done now. Why do you think you are the first block to have had your roids taken from you?

Everyone here is sane. Any theory of how this game works that relies on people being insane is a flawed theory. But that wont stop you from running with it im sure.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:59   #58
God
of War

God can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Erm, in rd 6 we had lost our roids too. Vactionmode was done by a very small number of players for the exact same reason its being done now. Why do you think you are the first block to have had your roids taken from you?

Everyone here is sane. Any theory of how this game works that relies on people being insane is a flawed theory. But that wont stop you from running with it im sure.
It seems that u are some wiz on pa. Every peril to u seems a kids joke. Good that pa have such skilled players...u are really a great asset to ur alliance.

"[Zeus to Ares:] 'To me you are the most hateful of all the gods who hold Olympos. Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles." - Homer, Iliad 5.699
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 03:51   #59
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by God
It seems that u are some wiz on pa. Every peril to u seems a kids joke. Good that pa have such skilled players...u are really a great asset to ur alliance.
Huh?
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 06:03   #60
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

Insanity and creativety is much the same. You should try it.

(Dunno how I became insain thou, but take it as a compliment)

Unread 12 Apr 2003, 09:26   #61
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius
You argue semantics because you know your arguement on content is weak and vapid.
Yes.

Quote:
We still attack and we still defend as an alliance, I've already said that success is almost out of the realm of possibility, even in a localized way. All you're really saying is that you can't come up with a legitimate reason for me not to post other than you don't want me to.
This is mostly true. I don't want you to, because you seem to be looking for fluffles, to use the IRC expression. And avoiding phallic references.

Quote:
My main problem is is that a moderator of the alliance discussion boards is so wanting this to turn into a flame war, like every other thread that tries to promote debate, that he's willing to provoke people to sinking to his level: The realm of the demi-conscious. I have a tip for you: either close this thread or move on pal, because the only thing you're doing is distracting the flow of the thread from what the original post said to you.
I do believe we've started a rather constructive debate, don't you? At least we stopped it from becoming a thread full of 'GO ND!'. And I say 'we' because I couldn't have done it without you

Jester
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 10:31   #62
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Jester

wank/moan
are u sure ur girlfriend comes over enough lately? u desperatly need it me thinks ..
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 10:47   #63
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Riddim
are u sure ur girlfriend comes over enough lately? u desperatly need it me thinks ..
What's a 'girlfriend'?

Jester

PS. Try to keep it reasonably constructive, please.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 12:48   #64
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice
Quote:
What's a 'girlfriend'?

Jester

PS. Try to keep it reasonably constructive, please.
I meant it looks as if u need a shag pretty badly
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 13:45   #65
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Sheesh, I go away for a week and see this. Beautiful.

To be honest, I agree that we shouldn't need to make a post like this. Alliances should be solid in their priorities and it should be clear to the PA community when alliances to stick to their own principles. However, we've seen a few shifts in the attitudes of several other major alliances this round. So, it cant hurt to clarify.

I havent yet spoken to Col, but I'm glad he wrote this thread. If he didn't, I probably would have. Who doesn't enjoy a toot of the ol' horn? We accomplished our objective, to inform the PA community of our stance on current events and to reinforce our own stability.

But, I'd be lying if I said I didnt enjoy a "Go ND" every now and then.

Cheers.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 14:22   #66
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute
And I guess we're proving it. In 1:3.

Cheers to the WEET gal members who decide to sit idly by while their friends get attacked. Cheers to the BC's who authed a retal on a ND member for defending an ND member, and asked us not to defend.

But mostly, cheers to the folks in #ndawn atm, who arent recalling.

Attaboys.
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 14:47   #67
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by black-eyed boy
Check out the "Vacation Monkeys" thread for once, lot of posts there suppose that whole nar is in vacation mode which is bollocks. If you think it's fun checking forums and reading that you are a spineless coward in vacation mode I must assure you it's not
Well, then why don't you do something about it? Like a thread titled "Hey you flock of AD sheep, most of NAR isn't in vac mode!"
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 16:12   #68
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

like this one?
Unread 12 Apr 2003, 16:14   #69
r72dk

r72dk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Seriously though, this thread is just you blowing your horn

Jester
You could blow mine

:e_chick: :e_chick: :e_chick: :e_chick:
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 00:46   #70
Piggums
Superhero

Piggums is an unknown quantity at this point
<-----1.3.4
rah.
pld on attacking me and raping me to the ground
pld on catching my fleet back
pld on killing my galm8 who was loyal enough to defend me even tho he knew he would be attacked.
pld on PA mailing me and telling me to run fleet so u can farm me.
pld on PA mailing the great folks at ND who deffed me and harassing them.
Pld cbk, pld.
Piggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 01:11   #71
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Jester

Now you're much more cute.