User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 14:12   #1
ilh
I forgot how to play:(

ilh has a spectacular aura aboutilh has a spectacular aura about
are weet at war with each other yet?

cba reading the rest of the forums and can't get on irc atm:/

so are they?
8:38:8 ilh of Planet Bah!
35:24:24 The-Revenant of The-Returned
36:5:16 FuSBuS of moooooncheeeeese
6:5:23 Penfold of Crumbs!
19:19:19 Ozymandias of king of kings
26:23:2 Master Samwise of Bagshot Row
2:22:1 Huan of Hound Dog
20:6:10 The Kinslayers of Alqualondë
50:4:2 The Strokes of Is This It?
38:9:9 Memories of Everything of Lemon Trees on Mercury
ilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 14:15   #2
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Naughty ilh. No they're not.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 14:24   #3
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
I'll declare war on Hicks if it helps.
He eats babies you know.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 14:27   #4
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
perhaps i should realy hit the delete button as soon i'm out of protection its not realy worth to waste the time anymore ...

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:09   #5
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope
perhaps i should realy hit the delete button as soon i'm out of protection its not realy worth to waste the time anymore ...
didn't you think it was lame when others went into vac modefrom vom? didn't you say vom should have fought more?

nar hasn't even had real incoming yet this round
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:11   #6
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
didn't you think it was lame when others went into vac modefrom vom? didn't you say vom should have fought more?

i expected more of u like everybody else also your block had a bit bigger size than nar vs weet also u haven't had the problem with fence sitters

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:16   #7
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i expected more of u like everybody else also your block had a bit bigger size than nar vs weet also u haven't had the problem with fence sitters

That's what happens when you mix galaxies

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:19   #8
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

no that happens when idiots decide to have only pure galaxys

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:21   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
no that happens when idiots decide to have only pure galaxys

Fencesitting in a "pure" galaxy is, by definition, impossible.

Don't be silly.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:24   #10
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

true but your pure politics was one of the starters of that massive powerblock ****

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:25   #11
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
true but your pure politics was one of the starters of that massive powerblock ****

That's no excuse, or reason, to sign a deal with the devil.

Well played.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:27   #12
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

it is

and at the start u looked like the devil.
we couldn't expect that u were so weak

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:30   #13
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: are weet at war with each other yet?

Quote:
Originally posted by ilh
cba reading the rest of the forums and can't get on irc atm:/

so are they?
lol, no, there'll never be a war, only accidental hits etc

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:34   #14
Cochese
Retired

Quote:
it is

and at the start u looked like the devil.
we couldn't expect that u were so weak

It isn't, and I shouldn't have to tell you why. Your mass vacation mode pretty much says it all.

The joke's on you.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:41   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I blame NaR, they've done much worse than everyone expected.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 15:46   #16
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I blame NaR, they've done much worse than everyone expected.
So did VVOMM.

I'm struggling to decided who put up the weakest fight. ATM I'm perplexed on the matter.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 16:02   #17
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
So did VVOMM.

I'm struggling to decided who put up the weakest fight. ATM I'm perplexed on the matter.
indeed, they're both wánk, weet isnt even that good fs
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 16:04   #18
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
yes certian people drag your block down as your prooving to be a valuable asset in that regards.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:02   #19
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Because its easy to find us and outblock us?

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:03   #20
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
Omg, what a complete utter idiot you are...

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:07   #21
God
of War

God can only hope to improve
I am amazed by some ppl´s posts. Numbers saiz it all , how could u defend 50 gals and at the same time defend your own planet?

vvomm lost simply because they were outnumbered....to make things more balanced it should have been vvomm + nar vs weet , that was balanced in numbers , not in "1337´s".

"[Zeus to Ares:] 'To me you are the most hateful of all the gods who hold Olympos. Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles." - Homer, Iliad 5.699
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:35   #22
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by God
I am amazed by some ppl´s posts. Numbers saiz it all , how could u defend 50 gals and at the same time defend your own planet?

vvomm lost simply because they were outnumbered....to make things more balanced it should have been vvomm + nar vs weet , that was balanced in numbers , not in "1337´s".
That wouldnt have been balanced in numbers.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 19:52   #23
oldtown
Volcano

oldtown is an unknown quantity at this point
First off, good job to Weet. I take nothing away from them for playing a well planned round. Second, I am against vacation mode. I was against when vomm did it, and i do not like it any better now.

I understand that vomm was frustrated at the time and wanted to force a split. The main difference being at the time they went into vace, i realized there was already going to be a split of some type between weet/nar. Of course there was no way for vomm to know that.

As far as the parts of nar now going into vacation, the situation is slightly different. RaH command does not favor vacation mode, our hand was forced based on what others in our block had already done. Faced with being the only available targets for weet, we decided we had no right to make members face 24/7 incoming and essentially take whatever fun was left in the game from them. Therefore we left to members to decide if they wanted to go to vaca or not and we would not frown on them if they chose to. Many members have, not all and we have just as much respect for either route chosen.

Now back to weet. Unlike the first situation although there seems to be constant accidents, and tension weet is giving no indication their willingness to split. As i read through the constant cries of cowardice etc I must chuckle cause the only true cowardice at this point is weet's fear to fight each other and have a real fight that can be balanced. Weet has full right to declare itself the rounds winner, but with such a small universe other then fighting it out between yourselves at this point, the rest not in weet have little options but to watch everything built for weeks be completely rubbed out or to vaca and leave you no targets.

In the old rounds bashing was always frowned upon, it is hard to claim a 4 wave attack on planets with under 200 roids is of some tactical value anymore. Your gloating rights have been won, but now your actions are becoming borderline pathetic. Your top gals are set but i find it hard to believe there is enough to go around at this point for all your members, I would think a new war with some challenges is not only good for rest of the community but your members as well. Show those l337 skillz you keep pointing out to us on AD and let a real war begin.

And finally to WP, a certain gal our alliance decided to wave attack ....I just wonder how an alliance which is part of the winning block seems to have so many members with planets 1.2 mill or smaller, as most wp planets on this raid done the other day had at least 8 or more such sized planets defending them. Whether this is foul play *cough,* or you are just recruiting every planet left out there into your aliance still leads to the same stagnation.

Once again congrats to weet, but now that twice the tactics have lead to mass vaca, maybe you will get the message that winning is good, bashing the rest til nothing left is overboard, and maybe its time to take a look at the situation and make some changes.

Pa has proven time and time again, when a block goes to these extremes in winning a round , the next round the universe pays them back...its early enough this round still to provide some game play still..so its left in your hands
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:05   #24
L0n3w0lf

L0n3w0lf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by oldtown
i agree but with the way things are going this round ppl wont want to play another round!

Rd2: TDF / TSS / WaC,YI
Rd3: WaC,YI / YI / YI² / SED
Rd4: Alternity / BlueTuba
Rd5: BlueTuba / Ni!
Rd6: Deus Ex
Rd7: Fury
Rd8: FAnG
Rd9: FAnG
Rd9.5: FAnG / Wolfpack
Rd10: Wolfpack
L0n3w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:07   #25
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
RaH command does not favor vacation mode, our hand was forced based on what others in our block had already done.
I didn't believe this when some of the members of the top VVOMM galaxies said it, and I still don't believe it now.

You don't have to go into vacation mode. The only way anyone can make you go into vacation mode is to probably put a loaded gun to your head and demand you do it.

"We had to because everyone else was" doesn't pass as a reason.

It would probably be easier to let the enemy take your roids, or maybe even give them away to a friend, go right down till you've only got 20 odd left, and keep your planet open.

Vacation mode is like being last in a marathon by more than half the race and giving up. Staying out of vacation mode is pacing yourself and finishing the race.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:13   #26
oldtown
Volcano

oldtown is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I didn't believe this when some of the members of the top VVOMM galaxies said it, and I still don't believe it now.

You don't have to go into vacation mode. The only way anyone can make you go into vacation mode is to probably put a loaded gun to your head and demand you do it.

"We had to because everyone else was" doesn't pass as a reason.

It would probably be easier to let the enemy take your roids, or maybe even give them away to a friend, go right down till you've only got 20 odd left, and keep your planet open.

Vacation mode is like being last in a marathon by more than half the race and giving up. Staying out of vacation mode is pacing yourself and finishing the race.
I am not in vacation mode
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:21   #27
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
I am not in vacation mode
I don't remember saying you were. I was referring to your reasons to the decision to let your members decide.

I was responding to your post, not your personal actions.

Everyone in RaH, including yourself, won't be remembered as 'the people in RaH who never went into vacation'. You will be remembered as a RaH member part of the NAR powerblock that ran into vacation mode instead of fighting it out.

Had RaH command decided that none of their members were allowed to go into vacation mode and doing so would result in a swift kicking from the alliance, then maybe RaH might have been remembered as the alliance in NAR that never went into vacation mode.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:21   #28
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Second, I am against vacation mode. I was against when vomm did it, and i do not like it any better now.

I understand that vomm was frustrated at the time and wanted to force a split.
Can I make it clear............

VOM DID NOT GO INTO MASS VACATION and the few gals that did were not approved by VOM HC...

A few high profile gals did go vac. and this has given the impression that it was something widespread in VOM... but it wasn't!

The vast majority of VOM gals did not go into vac. mode.

With regard the NARWEET vs VOM war I find it perplexing that people say VOM played bad? The incoming was on such a gigantic scale that NOTHING cud be done about it...

The NARWEET victory over VOM was nothing to do with skill on NARWEET side or any lack of it on WEET side...

We attacked - we defended - but were simply overwhelmed!

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:24   #29
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Bad analogy.

Imagine being in a room with 5 very large men, each of whom think that YOU made their 16 year old sister pregnant.

Do you a) stand up and say "HAH, I DID IT" and take a dirt nap with your head detached, or do you b) do something that leads to 3 of the very large men to start fighting the other 2, allowing you some freedom to decide what you want to do.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:30   #30
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
Bad analogy.

Imagine being in a room with 5 very large men, each of whom think that YOU made their 16 year old sister pregnant.

Do you a) stand up and say "HAH, I DID IT" and take a dirt nap with your head detached, or do you b) do something that leads to 3 of the very large men to start fighting the other 2, allowing you some freedom to decide what you want to do.
you "2 large men" took too long
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:32   #31
Petru
mefs

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
you "2 large men" took too long
I'll never deny maybe we took too long on some decisions, I will admit I personally have made many errors of judgement this round.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:45   #32
LanMan
n00b

LanMan is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Well i didn't like going into vacation mode either, but u must understand that if there are 600-800 or whatever members of WeeT all needing a target and that there are 90 or so RaH members around to fight, that wouldn't be possible unless every RaH member was about 10 times as big as the average WeeT member, which is also not the case. I'd guess that the average WeeT member should be 2-4 times bigger then the average RaH member, with their top players beeing as big or bigger then the best NaR galaxies. These are hopless odds, and just admit it. WeeT would attack, and not simply attack but fight for the targets. The cap might be lousy but it would be close to impossible to flee ur fleet so that u could atleast keep something to fight with. Steal the roids and we could still put up a fight. Destroy our fleets and we've got nothing left.

Vacation is perhaps not a very honourable thing to do, but suiciding while allies tries a tactical manouvre only to find their allies waving a white flag and mourn about losses is not very honourable either. We'll still fight, but on our terms.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:49   #33
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
EVERYONE ELSE SUX, WE WON! thats life..
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:50   #34
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Naughty ilh. No they're not.
Eclipse seem to spend so much time on the boards blowing their own trumpet I doubt they have time to start a war.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Fencesitting in a "pure" galaxy is, by definition, impossible.

Don't be silly.
Maybe he was refering to those 'side swappers' - you know the guys who can't take the risk of not winning so move to the superior side every 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
lol, no, there'll never be a war, only accidental hits etc

rgds Kj
Shockingly Kjeldoran has actually said something that I was thinking too. Strange how Wolfpack attacking Eclipse isn't war either, but then how can Eclipse stay 'the good guys' and all friendly if they go off and declare war? At least I assume thats their motives and all this "they have no balls" isn't true...

Quote:
And finally to WP, a certain gal our alliance decided to wave attack ....I just wonder how an alliance which is part of the winning block seems to have so many members with planets 1.2 mill or smaller, as most wp planets on this raid done the other day had at least 8 or more such sized planets defending them. Whether this is foul play *cough,* or you are just recruiting every planet left out there into your aliance still leads to the same stagnation.
Wolfpack are universally know as mass-recruiters. Wonder how many of those planets they recruit are their own members escort fleets or scan planets tho

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:54   #35
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Bad analogy.
I think my analogy of having to put in some long, hard effort without any real gain beats your getting beat to a pulp by 5 meat heads.

There's no effort required in being beat up, in a PA sense that would simply be not logging in and not going into vacation mode. ie you end up with no roids and no ships (as close to dead in pa as you can get).

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:58   #36
God
of War

God can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Eclipse seem to spend so much time on the boards blowing their own trumpet I doubt they have time to start a war.

Maybe he was refering to those 'side swappers' - you know the guys who can't take the risk of not winning so move to the superior side every 2 weeks.

Shockingly Kjeldoran has actually said something that I was thinking too. Strange how Wolfpack attacking Eclipse isn't war either, but then how can Eclipse stay 'the good guys' and all friendly if they go off and declare war? At least I assume thats their motives and all this "they have no balls" isn't true...

Wolfpack are universally know as mass-recruiters. Wonder how many of those planets they recruit are their own members escort fleets or scan planets tho
Agreed

"[Zeus to Ares:] 'To me you are the most hateful of all the gods who hold Olympos. Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles." - Homer, Iliad 5.699
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 21:36   #37
AliasX
- Sex Therapist -

AliasX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie

Due to the specific nature of my galaxy i am willing to bet we have had more incoming than any vom galaxy hands down. And we are arnt acheiving much atm but we are holding on to what we have.
<meaple> I want 2 c ur cum
<Pyr0> patience young padowan
<AliasX> oh jeasus
<AliasX> this channel did turn gay
*** yahwe ([email protected]) has joined channel #forums
<Oye> that cant be a coincidence
<meaple> he heard you
AliasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:04   #38
Petru
mefs

Quote:
I think my analogy of having to put in some long, hard effort without any real gain beats your getting beat to a pulp by 5 meat heads.

There's no effort required in being beat up, in a PA sense that would simply be not logging in and not going into vacation mode. ie you end up with no roids and no ships (as close to dead in pa as you can get).
I think there may be some crossed wires here.

In my analogy, what a lot of people seem to want and expect us to do is indeed for the 1 victim to go toe to toe with the 5 meat heads and as expected, would lose. In the game of numbers alone RaH as a 90 member alliance simply could not cope with facing Weet alone. Once we cleared out a fair wack of people who refused to fight or get off the fence we came out with a few less numbers than expected. Not that I'm complaining about that, we're better off without them.

But to expect RaH as the proverbial 1 victim against the 5 meatheads purely to satisfy everyone ELSES desires is a no go. Round 9 has still 2 months in it at least if you ask me, not to mention a further 6 weeks between round 9 and round 10. That would be a very long time to mull over the result of "dying in combat!" whilst the rest of the universe continues to fight around you.

As Volcano stated in his post, it was a democratic decision based primarily on maintaining longterm fun for RaH as what it is, a group of friends.

And don't try and go on about "but you could have fought!". Could have, should have, blah blah yada yada yada. Simple fact is the elements that were in place that SHOULD have come together did NOT come together, be it NaR operating as a block in NaR vs Weet, or Vvomm cooperation with NaR. It all SHOULD have but it DIDN'T, too many people wanted to maintain roid counts rather than fight a war.

We carried on fighting until the last minute, go ask 12:4 (hi tone, Rhino et al, utterly rocking defence (20k mixed FIs of Beetles, Spiders, Harpies, Vsharracks and 4k Arrowheads against 3k Pegasus, go go Wolfpack go!)). But it would only have been a matter of time until our larger members one by one were all taken out through sheer numbers (they were already being done so). So, to retain SOME fleets for the prospect of fighting again long term through the remaining 2 rounds during the expected Weet split, the vote went in the direction of a temporary vacation.

As for the hypocrisy accusers, comparing RaH/NoS to vvomm, as far as I remember 2 or 3 HC galaxies did it only, not quite the same as everyone doing it (well, I'm still not, but then I'll probably be nailed for it shortly).

So be it, we'll patiently await the Weet split if and when it ever comes, and come back out and do a bit of attacking with some fleets intact.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:07   #39
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
thats funny, i havet seen a single eclipse member on these forums blowing thier own horn. The only people claiming that eclipse are at the top of this game controlling things are hostile to eclipse.

Quote:

Strange how Wolfpack attacking Eclipse isn't war either, but then how can Eclipse stay 'the good guys' and all friendly if they go off and declare war? At least I assume thats their motives and all this "they have no balls" isn't true...
In a sense, its a touch more complicated than that. Its certainly not fear. Id say a part of it is the fact that no matter what justification we have it seems that any hostile action will be considered backstabbing. But theres a deeper issue that is far more important. But nothing is settled.
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:12   #40
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
We do? I haven't seen any Eclipse blowing their own trumpet bar a few slandering posts directed at those who go into vacation.

As for starting a war, I thought if Eclipse did that we would be evil and named backstabbers? There is no pleasing some people.

You (not referring to you in particular Maddix, just general AD) lot all pressure alliances into being "noble" and not splitting due to the harsh propaganda backlash to create a scapegoat and then when it doesnt favour you ask for a split.

If Eclipse starts a war - its evil backstabbers.

If Eclipse doesnt start a war - its evil stagnators.

Double edged sword.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:12   #41
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
First off, good job to Weet. I take nothing away from them for playing a well planned round. Second, I am against vacation mode. I was against when vomm did it, and i do not like it any better now.

I understand that vomm was frustrated at the time and wanted to force a split. The main difference being at the time they went into vace, i realized there was already going to be a split of some type between weet/nar. Of course there was no way for vomm to know that.
Firstly: 3 gals from VOM went into vacationmode, not VOM as a group. They were all top 50 gals at that moment (out of 4 in top 50).

Secondly: We knew they would split, we just wanted them to do it sooner than later. That was the motivation for going into vacationmode.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:20   #42
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
I'll never deny maybe we took too long on some decisions, I will admit I personally have made many errors of judgement this round.
I got tears in my eye´s reading this...

To be serious, you are a great person Petru. Not many have done what u just did publicly on forums.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:23   #43
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
I got tears in my eye´s reading this...

To be serious, you are a great person Petru. Not many have done what u just did publicly on forums.

Don't think that has anything to do with your pathetic propaganda or senseless words. For Petru it delves into personal relationships, not the overlay of the round itself.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:25   #44
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W and similar stuff by Zh|l
thats funny, i havet seen a single eclipse member on these forums blowing thier own horn. The only people claiming that eclipse are at the top of this game controlling things are hostile to eclipse.
Maybe "blowing their own horn" was not the correct word usage, I was more refering to a certain group of people that nearly always jumps onto any thread created mentioning Eclipse within 10 minutes of posting

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W and again similar stuff by Zh|l
In a sense, its a touch more complicated than that. Its certainly not fear. Id say a part of it is the fact that no matter what justification we have it seems that any hostile action will be considered backstabbing. But theres a deeper issue that is far more important. But nothing is settled.
Thus the comment about trying to stay 'good guys' and be friends with everyone

Besides who apart from Wolfpack would accuse you of backstabbing? Didn't they hit you first? And come on be honest, who the fk likes Wolfpack anyway?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:31   #45
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
As for the hypocrisy accusers, comparing RaH/NoS to vvomm, as far as I remember 2 or 3 HC galaxies did it only, not quite the same as everyone doing it (well, I'm still not, but then I'll probably be nailed for it shortly).
Only 1 HC gal and 3 in total.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:33   #46
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
the irony of ppl coming on the boards trying to justify using vacation mode as a legitemate tactic in this game is too funny for words

can i give u all a hint

its a war game ffs

if u dont like losing ships or roids then press the delete button and close the door on your way out

oh yeah and dont come back

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:33   #47
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Id say a part of it is the fact that no matter what justification we have it seems that any hostile action will be considered backstabbing.
Take a meeting together. Shake hands for a job well done and AGREE on terminating the alliance of WEET.

That cant be backstabbing?

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:35   #48
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Take a meeting together. Shake hands for a job well done and AGREE on terminating the alliance of WEET.

hahaha, do you play the same game as us?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:38   #49
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Don't think that has anything to do with your pathetic propaganda or senseless words.
Sir! Yes! Sir!

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 23:41   #50
K-W
Bored

Quote:

Besides who apart from Wolfpack would accuse you of backstabbing? Didn't they hit you first? And come on be honest, who the fk likes Wolfpack anyway?

Maddix, I know youve played this game long enough to know the answer to that question. People who want to win the next round will latch on to any claims of backstabbing as propaganda. It happens all the time.
Quote:

Convince Ely and WP to do this and I will convince eclipse. Fury tried this in rd 7. Surprisingly enough, it doesnt work.