User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:07   #101
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
You seem under the impression that I'm in Eclipse. I'm not nor am I anything else, ta.

The only alliance I've been a member of since Fury disbanded was oddly, Olympians, however I chose my galaxy over alliance and elected to leave on good terms when the galaxy requirements were published.
i assumed only that u were in an alliance.. no one in particular. I haven't been around enough to keep tabs on you
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:15   #102
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

It's funny that because I don't like the idea of three of the most powerful alliances allying in a round where things didn't have to be this way..

Then what are your thoughts on the other, larger, blocks that are potentially forming?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:17   #103
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Then what are your thoughts on the other, larger, blocks that are potentially forming?
A reaction to the moves made by alliance HCs who can't stand the idea of losing.

You started this Cochese don't cry "their doing it now" when the universe refuses to bow down to you.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:20   #104
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
A reaction to the moves made by alliance HCs who can't stand the idea of losing.

You started this Cochese don't cry "their doing it now" when the universe refuses to bow down to you.
my my how the roles have reversed over the last few rounds

Hicks the freedom fighter.. I might be able to get used to it if not for my past experiences with you

Last edited by SpazMonster; 13 Jan 2003 at 20:26.
SpazMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:25   #105
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
my my how the roles have reversed over the last few rounds
Oh another attempt at the "how dare you criticise any one else you were once part of the evil Fury empire" post.

There was always (Round 4 onwards) a reason for any block spearheaded by Fury. Once that reason disbanded then Fury didn"t have much of a reason to take allies, hence why we entered Round 8 unallied.

Come on then Deven come up with a reason why three of the most powerful alliances needed to be allied this round, was there some mighty force who were bent on their destruction that everyone else failed to see ? Oh wait you used to be in Fury, you can't possibly have an opinion.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:28   #106
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Let's be careful what we say here Hicks, I have never known you to make blatant mistakes...

I didn't start anything. I wanted an alliance with Eclipse, and I voted against the current triad.

How then, is it my fault?? Please enlighten us.

Stop trying to brand me as a creator of this triad, as it wasn't on my list of options. It's ****ing ridiculous, and I'm tired of it.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:31   #107
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Oh another attempt at the "how dare you criticise any one else you were once part of the evil Fury empire" post.

There was always (Round 4 onwards) a reason for any block spearheaded by Fury. Once that reason disbanded then Fury didn"t have much of a reason to take allies, hence why we entered Round 8 unallied.

Come on then Deven come up with a reason why three of the most powerful alliances needed to be allied this round, was there some mighty force who were bent on their destruction that everyone else failed to see ? Oh wait you used to be in Fury, you can't possibly have an opinion.
I really have no preconceptions as to how powerful these alliances are and as such can't really see anything wrong with it as you say. I'm not involved w/ or hc of any of these alliances so I cannot really give you a good perspective other than one relating to my experience with fury.

Fury only ever allied to save their ass. Maybe thats what these alliances are doing. Maybe they figure (like fury did in past rounds) that without allying, the entire universe is going to be out for their blood because they are the most established.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:32   #108
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Your a HC of Madcows are you not ? Therefore it's your fault, like it or not the actions of your alliance reflect on you as Deven is demostrating beautifully

Does the fact that you wanted to form a block with Eclipse not Olympians make any difference ? I'm sure Eclipse would have gone and found some other friends as well as you and formed a similar block to the one Olympians have formed. The names of the alliances matter little.

The person who formed it first was always going to be demonized, enjoy being the bad guys.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:34   #109
Cochese
Retired

I expected a more intelligent reply you m8

However, if cheap shots is all you've left, then so be it.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:34   #110
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:

Fury only ever allied to save their ass. Maybe thats what these alliances are doing. Maybe they figure (like fury did in past rounds) that without allying, the entire universe is going to be out for their blood because they are the most established.
Why would the entire the universe be after an alliance which has just formed and an alliance which has kept in the back ground for most of their history. People have more of a reason to attack hirr than Madcows or Olympians.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:36   #111
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Your a HC of Madcows are you not ? Therefore it's your fault, like it or not the actions of your alliance reflect on you as Deven is demostrating beautifully
Before you put anymore words into my mouth lets get something straight. My statements are directed at you, because of your actions, statements, etc in the past. It has nothing to do with the fact that you were fury, but with the fervent way in which you used to defend their actions and policies and how you acted towards other people.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:38   #112
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Before you put anymore words into my mouth lets get something straight. My statements are directed at you, because of your actions, statements, etc in the past. It has nothing to do with the fact that you were fury, but with the fervent way in which you used to defend their actions and policies and how you acted towards other people.
Fury till I die.

It doesn't mean I agreed with everything Fury did it means I'm loyal to my alliance.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:42   #113
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Why would the entire the universe be after an alliance which has just formed and an alliance which has kept in the back ground for most of their history. People have more of a reason to attack hirr than Madcows or Olympians.
And virus? The alliances Fury allied with (such as titans, rah, fang) were sometimes just freshly formed. It doesn't take all alliances involved meeting all the criteria for that argument to work. And besides, it doesn't have to be your view as to wether or not they're established or under the gun, but rather the HC's making the decisions.

I still think you're just pissed off your out of the loop here and have no control or say in what's going on. Like I said, it's a big change compared to what used to be the norm, and that scares you.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:44   #114
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Fury till I die.

It doesn't mean I agreed with everything Fury did it means I'm loyal to my alliance.
maybee that relates to cochese as well ?
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 20:46   #115
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Fury till I die.

A) that barely addresses what I said

B) Your actions at the end of r7 can easily call your loyalty towards fury into question
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 21:56   #116
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Somehow I suspected that was what your little flurry of posts was about Round 7 rather than the issue at hand I was going to mention it earlier but I expected the screams "your so wrong I genuinely disagree and think your a hypocrite" in fact I still expect you still will.

The end of Round 7 is a nasty business I don't wish to dig up, needless to say I was rather angry at getting cheating out of the number one spot, I have the feeling I had a right to. I think I showed my loyalty however grimly to my alliance when I refused to show the evidence that I had collected against your galaxy to Zeus. So I destroyed your galaxies goody two shoes we can do no wrong image, get over I'm sure everyone else has, hell I have I even said afternoon to Maddix today

Genuinely it's hardly surprising there are power blocks but I stick to the claim that there didn't need to be. For the first time in a long while the slate is somewhat clean, a lot of the old arguments and grudges have been left in the past with the end of Fury, Legion, Titans, Xanadu and LDK possibly the five biggest names in recent Planetarion. For the first time since Round 2 we had a round where blocks weren't entirely necessary simply to overcome old enemies,. I was quite looking foreword to the prospect of pairs of alliances fighting

I’m sure most alliances were trying to build blocks to be honest most of you are just as bad one another although I'm surprised at Madcows (Though not Cochese despite all my vilifying he was genuinely against forming a power block). What I do feel he Olympians/ViruS/Madcows blocks is needlessly strong compared to what is left in Planetarion especially compared to what they were facing in terms of blocks at the time, I can only say it's the work of people who can't bare to lose a round. Even if others were trying to build blocks at the time and even if others do build blocks in the future, you were first, you were the trigger and you're the bad guys. Good luck stagnating the universe there are always those who will resist lets just hope that they're good enough to stop you or at least give you a run for your money.

I’ve probably contradicted myself 3 or 4 times in this thread but I think I’ve finally settled into a concrete opinion. Still I like flaming ViruS
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 22:24   #117
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Somehow I suspected that was what your little flurry of posts was about Round 7 rather than the issue at hand I was going to mention it earlier but I expected the screams "your so wrong I genuinely disagree and think your a hypocrite" in fact I still expect you still will.

The end of Round 7 is a nasty business I don't wish to dig up, needless to say I was rather angry at getting cheating out of the number one spot, I have the feeling I had a right to. I think I showed my loyalty however grimly to my alliance when I refused to show the evidence that I had collected against your galaxy to Zeus. So I destroyed your galaxies goody two shoes we can do no wrong image, get over I'm sure everyone else has, hell I have I even said afternoon to Maddix today

Genuinely it's hardly surprising there are power blocks but I stick to the claim that there didn't need to be. For the first time in a long while the slate is somewhat clean, a lot of the old arguments and grudges have been left in the past with the end of Fury, Legion, Titans, Xanadu and LDK possibly the five biggest names in recent Planetarion. For the first time since Round 2 we had a round where blocks weren't entirely necessary simply to overcome old enemies,. I was quite looking foreword to the prospect of pairs of alliances fighting

I’m sure most alliances were trying to build blocks to be honest most of you are just as bad one another although I'm surprised at Madcows (Though not Cochese despite all my vilifying he was genuinely against forming a power block). What I do feel he Olympians/ViruS/Madcows blocks is needlessly strong compared to what is left in Planetarion especially compared to what they were facing in terms of blocks at the time, I can only say it's the work of people who can't bare to lose a round. Even if others were trying to build blocks at the time and even if others do build blocks in the future, you were first, you were the trigger and you're the bad guys. Good luck stagnating the universe there are always those who will resist lets just hope that they're good enough to stop you or at least give you a run for your money.

I’ve probably contradicted myself 3 or 4 times in this thread but I think I’ve finally settled into a concrete opinion. Still I like flaming ViruS
This really had nothing to do w/ the round 7 business till you brought your loyalty into the equation It had everything to do with you changing stances now that you're at a different station in the game. I merely wanted to point that out and that all the arguments against the blocks really aren't neccessary as they're really not going to change anything, which you should know, seeing where you have come from. People feel more secure and able to combat their enemies with a set of allies. They also make more enemies the more allies they take on. It all usually balances out in some form. The complaining about it really doesn't serve a purpose.
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 22:46   #118
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
But it's in the 'Dummie's guide to power blocking'. There's a whole section on it.
As its you I'll let you off

Quote:
Originally posted by Eol
It's fairly applicable though isn't it?
I could follow this comment with another that has been said a thousand times, but I appear to have misplaces my 'Dummie's guide to power blocking' so might not get the phrase totally correct

Quote:
Come on then Deven come up with a reason why three of the most powerful alliances needed to be allied this round
To defend Dovey?

Quote:
It was strange how rumours circulated regarding that rather grotesque incident, apparently I was the one that got half the people in those top gals closed, when in fact, like you, I didn't use any of the info I had available to me. Maybe because stuff like that always comes back to bite you in the ass heh.

Oh and believe it or not we did actually exchange 'pleasantries' this morning. Some people are able to forgive and forget, others...the ones that imo are ruining the game (and more specifically the boards)....are those that are not.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 04:11   #119
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you know what I find deja vu?

The parallels to round 6.

Of course round 6 was good for the smaller alliances, so bring it on.

But there is as much sense as replaying that politicsfest as there is watching a re-run of Cheers.
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 05:19   #120
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius
Do you know what I find deja vu?

The parallels to round 6.

Of course round 6 was good for the smaller alliances, so bring it on.

But there is as much sense as replaying that politicsfest as there is watching a re-run of Cheers.
don't even mention R6

you'll bring a certain alliance out of its grave at this point :\

Ω
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 06:31   #121
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I'm not HC, or even command, of anything.
But if you were in a position of power, would you?
________
Dodge 50 Series

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:32.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 07:28   #122
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
don't even mention R6

you'll bring a certain alliance out of its grave at this point :\

Sadly I was never good at being a necromancer in Diablo II, so even my most potent energies at mentioning that round will fail
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 08:10   #123
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Oh another Come on then Deven come up with a reason why three of the most powerful alliances needed to be allied this round, was there some mighty force who were bent on their destruction that everyone else failed to see ?
How can MadCowS suddenly be one of the strongest alliances in Planetarion? How can ViruS be? Arent they the flame-joy of everyone?

Please support your words with a ranking of Planetarion alliances...

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 08:18   #124
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
How can MadCowS suddenly be one of the strongest alliances in Planetarion? How can ViruS be? Arent they the flame-joy of everyone?

Please support your words with a ranking of Planetarion alliances...
The thing is, many previous alliances have disbanded so naturally ViruS and MadCows are considered quite strong the upcoming round. Surely you're not denying this?
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 10:13   #125
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Guran
The thing is, many previous alliances have disbanded so naturally ViruS and MadCows are considered quite strong the upcoming round. Surely you're not denying this?
So the level of alliances have dropped like a stone?

What about Elysium, Eclipse, RaH, ToT, NoS and WP?

Would Elysium, Olympians and Eclipse be a weaker group?

Unread 14 Jan 2003, 10:37   #126
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:

AMEN !!

Twas time to start again. The alliances should have been looking at round 9 as a try out for your alliance, oiling the wheels of your various war machines. Bringing in brand new blood to try out. Making your real long term preparations for round 10 when there should be more game play.

Not looking for a hollow victory in a reduced world.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 10:59   #127
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
It is not strange that the alliances feeling themselves winners or even succesfull in r8 try to have a new go at it in r9 even though in a slightly different form. Not sure why Madcows decided to go with them as that seems a bit against their record but I guess the remians of the r8 alliances need some compensation for losing some of their former players and they found one.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 12:17   #128
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
So the level of alliances have dropped like a stone?

What about Elysium, Eclipse, RaH, ToT, NoS and WP?

Would Elysium, Olympians and Eclipse be a weaker group?
Yes the level of alliances in general has dropped.

I won't comment on those alliances strength but I take it your point is that they are stronger than MadCows and ViruS? If this is the case, I'm curious about how you came into this conclusion.

If Elysium, Olympians and Eclipse would have been a weaker group doesn't really matter, does it? It's pointless to speculate afterwards.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 12:31   #129
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Still I like flaming ViruS
Hicks - you are right on one thing!

VOM was first and therefore it is taking the flak...but I hardly call it powerblocking or stagnating considering the potential opposition in the universe:

Eclipse
Elysium
Wolfpack
NoS
FaNG
Rah
Hirr
ToT
NewDawn
Vision
HD
4D
IPC
Entity

Not only that but VOM's galaxy policy (the reason you gave for leaving Olympians) makes the triad clearly exposed to potential opposition. With only VOM members in each VOM gal there will be no hiding place and no way to call on neutrals to help or NAP to victory. If they were truly 'scared' as you put it of losing the round I don't believe they would have adopted this risky strategy.

Olympians are new - if u urself were a member (even for a short while) then u would know that all HC are different from Titans last round as are most of the officers.

Virus you have always flamed and many people have always questioned their quality and MadCows are an alliance on the up with rising status but were probably not classed as elite previously.

Now simply because all three have got together they have become invincible and uber-leet?

As someone else stated if Olympians Ely and Eclipse had got together that would have been seen as the block to beat.

If Olympians, Wolfpack and FAnG got together they would have been the bad boys...

What if Olympians had joined with NoS and RaH? Same story!

VOM was first therefore they take the flak...but the idea being propogated that they are invincible and that all the potential opposition is rubbish - is crap. There are more good players outside the VOM block than in it.

As it stands there are still many potentially powerful groupings out there which you seem to have dismissed simply in your eagerness to make a point against VOM.

WEE - Wolfpack Elysium Eclipse in theory could be just as strong as VOM maybe add in the rump of FAnG and they would almost be unstoppable.

The potentially powerful combinations are amazing and imo there could be 3/4 strong grouping quite capable of challenging VOM.

I know you have heard it b4 but I find it funneh that as a loyal member of Fury the alliance that founded FLVTTR (+ others) to combat NoS, Elysium, Wolfpack and Xanadu in R7 that you are now bleating of stagnation?

Oh well - its all part of the game I suppose

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 18:34   #130
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Yes the level of alliances in general has dropped.
Why are u sure of that?

Quote:
I won't comment on those alliances strength but I take it your point is that they are stronger than MadCows and ViruS? If this is the case, I'm curious about how you came into this conclusion. [/b]
Cows with BSE might be scary, but they dont steal roids.

Quote:
If Elysium, Olympians and Eclipse would have been a weaker group doesn't really matter, does it? It's pointless to speculate afterwards. [/b]
Why not? Ticks havent started yet, same for VOM.

Unread 14 Jan 2003, 18:37   #131
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin

WEE - Wolfpack Elysium Eclipse in theory could be just as strong as VOM maybe add in the rump of FAnG and they would almost be unstoppable.
<- u forgot 2 alliances there...