User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jan 2003, 02:43   #1
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
and finally i see it

i never understood why creators are so much in favor of a p2p round, because it's the dumbest thing to do. even from the 'business perspective'.
does Jolt really need to make R9 p2p while they are able to pay 2 new creators?
is the debt that high that they can't give a 'free bonus' round to the 4,5k loyal players that is still left of a playerbase that has been +-180.000 players in the past?
of course not.
and even if it was so, then why not trying to get loads of newbies playing the last round of the 'old pa'; make them enthousiastic so they may be willing to pay for a completely new, better R10?

wouldn't 10/15k players paying in 2 months be wayyy better than 3k paying now?
yes. this would be much more effective, also because you have more people playing the first round of the new pa then.
and if R10 is really that good as creators say it will be, then i'm sure those 10k wouldn't mind telling friends about the game so R11 will have a growing community again, for a change.

i think that pa choses for p2p in R9, because R9 and R10 will be too different.
R9 is a nice opportunity to get rid of the small bunch of (complaining) leftovers out of old times.
it's only better for them to have as less players as possible for R10, because when you start at 0, everyone is a newbie.
and without the experiences players, those newbies can have a much nicer game.
they even may like the game, and tell friends etc etc....and yes, R11 will be an even bigger succes then.

i was so stupid to believe all those announcements with compliments for the old core of players. creators don't give a fk about the community that makes pa so special, and different from the many clones.
its just the future for the game that counts, with or without 'us'.

don't get me wrong; i haven't got cristicism on the creators. perhaps this is the best way to keep the game alive.
i'm just pissed off that the community i like so much will die now.
and it will, trust me on that.

Last edited by K03N; 7 Jan 2003 at 02:49.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 02:56   #2
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
The creators aren't so much in favour of a p2p round.
Jolt are.
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 03:07   #3
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Seeing as the antidote isn't ready, the Physicians feel they have no choice but to administer another dose of the poison. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 03:12   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Sometimes the most humane thing to do is just shoot the horse

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 04:43   #5
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
The creators aren't so much in favour of a p2p round.
Jolt are.
Why did Zeus advise Jolt that Round 9 should be P2P then ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 07:09   #6
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold
Stupid is.... stupid does.
________
HONDA GL650I

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 21:27.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 08:33   #7
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
heh

sorry KoeN, I dont agree :/

The creators and PA wouldnt live a second without the old players, or they would atleast loose lots on us leaveing...nevertheless

Why give a last round to all the cheaters, so they can destroy it? as i said before id rather play with 4k players with less cheating, than 180k with lots of it...

Take this round as a "last round of old PA" and give it to the "old" players...Lets see who is really the bext, when activity counts the most,. aswell as dedication and 1337ness...Lets see who can win the most even round of pa ever?

I agree on free sometime again, but I wouldnt want it now.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 08:47   #8
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
PA will be better off without the l333test core of players...and r10 will be so diffrent, they dont really want them to see r9 PA.

Play this round as it is the last one - because thats what it essentially is...

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 09:32   #9
Ðiscorporation

All the community has done is complain and repeatedly insult and belittle the creators for, agreedy bad, choices. It has killed the rounds through alliance management (ie powerblocking, endorsed farming/bot usage and account sharing) and poor treatment of new players.

You claim the creators have wrung the life out of PA whilst you yourselves have contibuted to it the most.

This community no longer deserves planetarion.
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 09:32   #10
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: and finally i see it

Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
i never understood why creators are so much in favor of a p2p round, because it's the dumbest thing to do. even from the 'business perspective'.
does Jolt really need to make R9 p2p while they are able to pay 2 new creators?
is the debt that high that they can't give a 'free bonus' round to the 4,5k loyal players that is still left of a playerbase that has been +-180.000 players in the past?
of course not.
and even if it was so, then why not trying to get loads of newbies playing the last round of the 'old pa'; make them enthousiastic so they may be willing to pay for a completely new, better R10?
Do you want to play in a universe where half of those 4k to 6k players sign up for their one account as per the user agreement, and the other half signs up for a few dozen accounts?
Maybe you do. I don't, and Zeus does not think it is fair to offer players a deal like that.
Quote:
wouldn't 10/15k players paying in 2 months be wayyy better than 3k paying now?
yes. this would be much more effective, also because you have more people playing the first round of the new pa then.
and if R10 is really that good as creators say it will be, then i'm sure those 10k wouldn't mind telling friends about the game so R11 will have a growing community again, for a change.
A free R9 is not so much going to recruit new players who are willing to pay as it will saturate the universe with multi planets from players who are not willing to pay.
Quote:
i think that pa choses for p2p in R9, because R9 and R10 will be too different.
R9 is a nice opportunity to get rid of the small bunch of (complaining) leftovers out of old times.
Do you count yourself as one?
Quote:
it's only better for them to have as less players as possible for R10, because when you start at 0, everyone is a newbie.
and without the experiences players, those newbies can have a much nicer game.
they even may like the game, and tell friends etc etc....and yes, R11 will be an even bigger succes then.

i was so stupid to believe all those announcements with compliments for the old core of players. creators don't give a fk about the community that makes pa so special, and different from the many clones.
its just the future for the game that counts, with or without 'us'.

don't get me wrong; i haven't got cristicism on the creators. perhaps this is the best way to keep the game alive.
i'm just pissed off that the community i like so much will die now.
and it will, trust me on that.
I don't agree with any of that.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 09:52   #11
Glatze

Glatze is an unknown quantity at this point
who cares about a few euros for a game, pfff

Nothing in life is free u idiots.
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 10:48   #12
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
hasn't it been well documented that old alliances seem to kill PA? with the n00bie bashin and all? :P

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 11:07   #13
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Glatze

Yeah like that few euro is gonna make you go bancrupt...
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 11:23   #14
K03N
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Glatze

ehm...all the clones are free atm glatze.
why should a newbie pay for pa (a game they don't even know) while they can play other games for free?
anyway all has been said i think.
i was just posting my personal opinion here; i don't feel the need to convince any of you of my expectation that another round p2p will kill atleast a big part of the community.
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 11:35   #15
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas Why give a last round to all the cheaters, so they can destroy it? as i said before id rather play with 4k players with less cheating, than 180k with lots of it...
p2p has never ever stopped cheaters and multies. Never. Never. Ever. So, I count this argument out.

Better to live in a universe with 10k players (3k real ones) then in one with 1k players (800 real ones).

I know at least 20 real players who would come back for a free round 9. A free R9 would have meant a lot of fun for us. And my personal aim when playing PA is havig fun, not paying anyone. And if I have to pay for having fun (which is my first goal) I gladly will. But each p2p-round meant less fun to me - not because of the cost, but because of the shrinked playerbase. So the problem with R9 is not the ten bucks (or whatever it will cost) - it's that no one will play it. And that's a fact, sadly. I paid rounds 5 to 8, at least two accounts per round (one for me, some to give away to keep some friends in the game who would have quit else) and I did it because I thought "Where the hell is the problem with paying 10 bucks for 2-3 months of fun?".

The world is like this - get over it. Most ppl leech music from the net. Less ppl buy CDs. Most ppl like to play free online-games. Those, willing to pay for an online-game play those, where they are not constantly bashed just because they dare to sleep or dare to have a life. So - if we whine or not about those for whom p2p is not acceptable - R9 PA is near dead before signups even started. Those few who stay in will be the most hardcore and thus R9 will be more competitive then ever. R10 will maybe be a complete new game (how often did we hear such things now since R3? Maybe this time it will be true...), but R9 won't be a big success. Neither for the players fun-wise, nor for Jolt money-wise.

Still I say - either make the meantime fun with a free round and maybe crappy server and minimum support (better to wait 10mins for a page to load then be in a 1k-player-universe I say) and focus on the development of R10, or at least be honest to the current players and say "YES - we want a *new* community playing our *new* game which starts spring 2003 and hence there will be no PA for the next 3 months. But please come back in march and look out for the best blablabla online-game ever!". But this R9 is most likely designed as a farce. Saying "PA as you have known is dead" would have been honest and accepted by the intelligent players because that's a fact.
Maybe a free round cannot be financed properly. Even with low support and crappy servers. But then again I would have preferred a clear statement like "PA is dead. Wait for the new PA in march." IMO is the current state of R9 far away from being the best solution. But then again, it's just my opinion.
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 15:27   #16
Backbone
The one and only

Backbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Lerxst
p2p has never ever stopped cheaters and multies. Never. Never. Ever. So, I count this argument out.

Better to live in a universe with 10k players (3k real ones) then in one with 1k players (800 real ones).

Still I say - either make the meantime fun with a free round and maybe crappy server and minimum support (better to wait 10mins for a page to load then be in a 1k-player-universe I say) and focus on the development of R10, or at least be honest to the current players and say "YES - we want a *new* community playing our *new* game which starts spring 2003 and hence there will be no PA for the next 3 months. But please come back in march and look out for the best blablabla online-game ever!". But this R9 is most likely designed as a farce. Saying "PA as you have known is dead" would have been honest and accepted by the intelligent players because that's a fact.
Maybe a free round cannot be financed properly. Even with low support and crappy servers. But then again I would have preferred a clear statement like "PA is dead. Wait for the new PA in march." IMO is the current state of R9 far away from being the best solution. But then again, it's just my opinion.
I agree with you 110%

10 times mightier than 2001
Backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 19:51   #17
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
There have never ever been as many cheaters and multies as when PA was free. Never. Never. Ever.
Even in relative terms.
So I don't see how you can disregard that argument...
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 20:17   #18
Lerxst
baka.

Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
There have never ever been as many cheaters and multies as when PA was free. Never. Never. Ever.
Even in relative terms.
Because p2p never ever was able to stop cheater. It cut down a bit the multies but not in that extend as you ever may think. Still more than 30% in the game were multies. At least.
And it brought up accountsharing and -trading to an higher extend than when it was free. The percentage of ppl sharing/trading/giving accounts away I would say was far above 70% of the playberbase. The methods of cheating became different due to beeing a multi was a bit more expensive. But still having 2-10 accounts was for many ppl far away from being unaffordable.

We're talking about assumptions when talking about numbers. But seeing potential winners f.ex. of R7 being deleted shows to what extend cheating was common under p2p...

You see?
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 20:36   #19
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
Even in relative terms.
I don't think the absolute number of cheaters is especially relevent. Even relative numbers (percentage of cheaters) can be misleading.

When the game was free, there were a lot more casual players. If those players created an extra account or three, the net impact on the game was still small (1 **** player + 4 accounts = 4 **** accounts). Many of these cheaters weren't active enough or well-enough allied to parlay their extra accounts into a significant advantage; eventually they just ended up being roided by the better players.

Of course, I'm sure some of the better players cheated too (even beyond the ubiquitous scan planets).

You can say p2p drove out the casual players, but you can also say it drove out the casual cheaters. And any way you count it, casual players/cheaters were far more numerous than serious players/cheaters.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 08:14   #20
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
why should a newbie pay for pa (a game they don't even know) while they can play other games for free?
Like they can compare to PA at any level...

Unread 8 Jan 2003, 09:15   #21
K03N
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
Like they can compare to PA at any level...

explain that to a newbie.
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 09:49   #22
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
Quote:
What is better a fake or an original. I think the original. If you buy nike shoes you don't buy a ripp-off nike shoe. So this is the same. You wanna play the real deal. And all those rip-offs don't even compare to this.
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 10:16   #23
Beast-of-War
clueless HR pe0n

Beast-of-War is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zword
What is better a fake or an original. I think the original. If you buy nike shoes you don't buy a ripp-off nike shoe. So this is the same. You wanna play the real deal. And all those rip-offs don't even compare to this.
My fake nike shoes would be free.
My original nike shoes id have to pay for.
:P
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 11:54   #24
Mighty Max

It's only a few quid.... not as if its going to break the bank is it?
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 13:45   #25
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Why did Zeus advise Jolt that Round 9 should be P2P then ?
Its amazing how you twisted my words hicks, I was not in faviour off p2p round 9 and all creators felt in the biggining free round 9 would be good. Sadly it wasnt an option and I was merly pointing out that it ISNT that bad for the game. Namely making the best out of a bad situation.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 13:49   #26
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
indeed

tho any eta on announcement??
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:03   #27
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
indeed

tho any eta on announcement??
I finally got some answers and will be announcing them in a bit.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:08   #28
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
\o/

tho wot would u call a 'bit'??
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:08   #29
RooKie
Boy without a toy

\o/

Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:10   #30
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and finally i see it

Quote:
creators don't give a fk about the community that makes pa so special, and different from the many clones.
You can't say that. Zeus was positively BATTLING to get PA sold so the game and community could go on, and spent many days trying to make sure that even if the game did die, the forums and portal could still survive and allow the community to carry on as well.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:18   #31
Lerxst
baka.

I personally think that the old creators truely love this game - it's their "child". I personally think that they worked their asses of for the sake of PA. I personally think that they still do care and try everything to make the best out of it.

Still I personally think Jolt did not the best for it by deciding to make it p2p again. Either for monetary reasons or to get rid of the annoying PA-community - I doubt that they did the best for PA and themselves.
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:21   #32
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus
I finally got some answers and will be announcing them in a bit.
how long is a piece of string?

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 13:58   #33
Zeus
True Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Scaggydo
how long is a piece of string?

11 Jan 2003 13:03 post saying announcment in a bit.

Saturday 11th January 2003 at 14:17 - Time of my post on the Portal.

So, concidering the forums are on UK tmie and the portal server on cet which is -1 hr, I would say this pece of string was in fact about 14mins long
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 14:44   #34
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeus
I would say this pece of string was in fact about 14mins long
Can you make some kinda graphical aid to picture this 14 minute long string?

Even though i am taking the piss, it's worthy of a siggy .
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 21:55   #35
K03N
Banned

Re: Re: and finally i see it

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
You can't say that. Zeus was positively BATTLING to get PA sold so the game and community could go on, and spent many days trying to make sure that even if the game did die, the forums and portal could still survive and allow the community to carry on as well.

you're right about that i guess.
Unread 14 Jan 2003, 22:36   #36
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
heh

most clones die because they suck. thoose who doesnt often see their chances to make money, and charge people for it when playerbase is high enough

I dunno myself if I will play r10 or if so on what activity level. But that isnt because i think they dont want me, or because i think it will suck. Its because i have played since a few weeks into r2, and are more or less in need of a break. a good long break where my school and alcohol abuse gets first. maybe even try to get a job ^^

most girls dont like us when we spend our lives in front of the PC...we gotta realize that sometime lol

I love Zeus, he is teh funneh( and his timezone is weird, but we dont blame him )

Retired
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 04:42   #37
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Anyone seen the latest announcment by SS?

*evil laughter*

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 05:50   #38
Muzzinator
Muzzy

Muzzinator is infamous around these partsMuzzinator is infamous around these parts
if it was free.. imo we'll get some new/old players for a round then most of them leave when it becomes p2p (which it has to be - money makes the world go round etc.) and we'll be left here listening to people complaining that it isn't free and how great it was back then.. *sigh*

edit: although it could keep some people from leaving.. (the question is what sort of people are they?)

"oh well, whatever, nevermind"
Muzzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 07:05   #39
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

h0h0

Retards like Muzzy stay

Retired
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 16:05   #40
Muzzinator
Muzzy

Muzzinator is infamous around these partsMuzzinator is infamous around these parts
and you jonas? :P

"oh well, whatever, nevermind"
Muzzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 16:29   #41
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
sense

makes more sense to have round 9 'p2play' and round 10 free. Round 9 makes a little extra cash, they have nothing to lose by doing that, as other people have said round 10 will be practically a new game.. hence one or two free rounds of that at the start make more sense... round 10 requires this development time anyway, so why not have a p2p round to make a little extra money in the meantime?

of course if round 10 is also p2p then this hypothesis is rubbish