User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Jan 2003, 13:41   #51
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I sense there is a lot of people talking **** here
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:04   #52
TrinTara

TrinTara is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
If this is about opinions and stuff, can I post my opinion that I think MadCows are **** for jumping into a block?

The hypocrisy of making a post about "community" from an HC of an alliance that's part of a block, the first block of round 9. A block that is forcing others to do the same, thus destroying any hope (yet again) for a fair round is utterly astounding.

"Hi look at me, I want to detract some attention away from that so I'm going to talk **** a bit about something else".

****, you're all ****.
MadCows did not "jump" into a block. We deliberately avoided many of the offers and approaches out there for that very reason. These offers were ALL a minimum of 3 alliances, some up to 5. Our actions have forced no-one to do anything.

I'm not surprised that others are forming even bigger groups cause that appears to be what they intended to do all along. We could just as easily have argued that our intelligence told us these giant groups would form so we lock in our relationships with some friends BUT we aren't arguing that. I've no intention of going down the 'blame THEM for our decisions" since that is just a cop out. We took the minimalist approach with the main aim being to give our people liveable galaxies to start and finish the round with.....whether they can now build those galaxies into great teams is yet to be seen.

Personally I've loved random galaxies since it was in random galaxies that I met and worked with and got to know some great PA ppl (lo Zhil from round 2, all the MadCows in rd 6 and Snowseal last round) but if private galaxies are the norm, I have to work with that and nudge things in the direction I see as best for our people, PA and its players.

You see Petru, my role in the HC is community and people. Get to know me before you call me a hypocrite.

Trin
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:05   #53
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
My lads went solo for a round, what's the big deal?

If you want to win so much you'll willingly **** up the round to do it, prove you've got the abilities and DO IT ALONE.

Stop being so fking **** and grouping up in massive numbers, forcing others to do the same and taking the round down yet another lane of block wars.
I respect that, but rest of uni didnt...Petru. MadCowS would any day agree to going alone if all other would.

If you think we got massive numbers, then Elysium could never go with WP as they would be bigger than us.

We are not forcing anyone to block. Of the 8-10 alliances we had talks with before making our agreement, EVERYONE was going to have allies and in groups of atleast 3.

The 2 other blocks are seperatly already larger than us in numbers.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:18   #54
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by TrinTara
MadCows did not "jump" into a block. We deliberately avoided many of the offers and approaches out there for that very reason. These offers were ALL a minimum of 3 alliances, some up to 5. Our actions have forced no-one to do anything.
But you did join a block. Last round you wern't at this level, now you are. And I know that all these other alliances complaining had the exact same idea and are just upset that you 3 got together, because it increases their competition and removed 3 capable alliances as possible allies. Small alliances, and alliances like Reduco, are the ones that really suffer as they truely were planning to go alone, and probably still will.

Personally I think it was a mistake from your 'block' to let it slip first. You are going to be the aim of the attention, giving other alliances the excuse of "Well they started it". That is the price of getting the 'best' allies for your alliance as early as you could.

Quote:
I'm not surprised that others are forming even bigger groups cause that appears to be what they intended to do all along. We could just as easily have argued that our intelligence told us these giant groups would form so we lock in our relationships with some friends BUT we aren't arguing that. I've no intention of going down the 'blame THEM for our decisions" since that is just a cop out.
I'm sure a lot intended to block, but they will blame you for their blocks anyway. Anyone with half a brain would use it against you, as they are now trying to do.

I don't see the major problem. Alliances that want to stay neutral still can. Reduco did it last round, without getting involved in major wars. You may not win the round but you won't get as much incoming throughout the course of the round. The neutral alliances can also be used to keep the game 'unstagnated' as they can swap sides as they like, unofficially, as favour swings to one block.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:26   #55
Black Knight
Mistu Member

Black Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
I sense there is a lot of people talking **** here
At least we don't have to use common sense when you talk Lokken, we can smell it.

BK
R1: 45:21 - No alliance.
R2: Did not play.
R3: 40:23:3 - DAG -> TSU -> ApC & HG
R4: 15:5:4 - ApC & HG HC (Joined Madcows Community)
R5: 37:4:6 (mad1) - BlueTubas
R6: 7:16:4 (mad1) - Deus Ex Machina DC
R7: 28:3:3 - Wrath DC
R8: c61 (3 exiles) - Madcows HC
R9: 36:10:4 - Madcows HC
R9.5: 28:3:1 - Madcows Defense Exec
R10: Did not play.
R11: x:x:x - Mistu
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:36   #56
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight
At least we don't have to use common sense when you talk Lokken, we can smell it.

BK
common sense, now available at 99 cents
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:41   #57
Black Knight
Mistu Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
common sense, now available at 99 cents
hehe.. pld.. I liked that one

hehe.. in some places you can get 2 for 99 cents

BK
aka Burger King
aka Black Knight
aka BLaCKoBRa
etc etc

Lets play the name game :P
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:50   #58
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
hehe.. pld.. I liked that one

hehe.. in some places you can get 2 for 99 cents

BK
aka Burger King
aka Black Knight
aka BLaCKoBRa
etc etc

Lets play the name game :P
Big Kock?

Seriously though, I'd tone down the whole 'community' line. You're beginning to sound like FAnG.

Pity you chose how you chose, Madcows was one of the few alliances I was hoping to work with.

Jester
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 14:57   #59
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester667

Pity you chose how you chose, Madcows was one of the few alliances I was hoping to work with.

Jester
Perhaps this is your new gameplan
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:04   #60
Black Knight
Mistu Member

LOL... nice gameplan Lok
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:10   #61
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Sellouts.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:20   #62
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Sellouts.
Pricelist now available!
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:24   #63
Tuz
The Crazy Sexy Frog

Tuz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Playing the game the MadCows way

Quote:
How to do this when the make-up or structure of the new galaxies was as yet unknown? Personally I’ve always quite enjoyed random galaxies and my best friends in the Planetarion community have come from being thrown into a galaxy with them and then getting to know them. Many people however prefer private galaxies.

If you take a short-term view, private galaxies give you the opportunity to play the game with people you know but you risk stagnating the community because people become too entrenched and safe with just the people they already know. If however you take the long-term view, random galaxies encourage community because they bring strangers together and expand the circle of community. MadCows take the long-term view since they are and always will be community oriented.

Alliances should be about more than military aspects. YOU should hang your head in shame if you haven’t also created a positive atmosphere where people WANT to come back and play.

Trin
MadCows HC
Nice point of view, and I agree on the fact of Community and friendship are more important than the (war)game itself.
But with random galaxys, when you arrive in a gal with a majority of people you don't really like or even not interest you then you can expect a really annoying round...and ofc as it has been said before a good planet in a good gal help you to have fun....which is really really not sure in random way round.
About private galaxy and game stagnation I once again disagree, first cos' every rounds powerblocks change or at least "suffer" some changements. So you always have the opportunity of meeting new people and the fact is that you have at least the same goal as them which help to be friends.
Last point, maybe not the best one but, and especially now with the disbanded of all major alliances of last 2 years(VtS,Fury,Xanadu...), I don't think that alliances are really stagnant, members join, leave,find another alliance, got offer from others etc.....always new opportunity to meet you people...

Friendly, Tuz
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:26   #64
Black Knight
Mistu Member

Quote:

Seriously though, I'd tone down the whole 'community' line. You're beginning to sound like FAnG.

Jester
Thanks for the advise... although.. since Madcows was a community from late r2 until we joined the alliance ranks in r8. You don't honestly think 5 solid rounds of being a community is going to die after 1 measely half round of r8 do you? Think again

As for sounding like FAnG... where do you see the Proud to be... bs? This thread is mainly just for stating our intentions in the face of all critics.. blast all you like.. it won't change much.

BK
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 15:50   #65
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
As for sounding like FAnG... where do you see the Proud to be... bs?
Nah, just saying that if you keep it up you might end up hounded* like them.

Jester

* Change your name please, the puns are killing me
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 17:12   #66
Black Knight
Mistu Member

Never!!

Puns are fun
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 20:10   #67
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Dain
1. Are you stupid? It's much harder for someone in a random gal to get defense than if you are in a organised priv. gal. You as ELY should know that, being in your powerblock gals.

2. Like he posted (learn to read, nitwit) they had 2 goals and PA is a WAR game; again, you should know, but then again Ely has a ****e community right?

3. Stress, your posts are desperate attempts to.. to.. what??

4. Your entitled to your opinion... ho ho ho ho
1. It was not refered to for a random senario, more towars a senario that opening for ALL alliances thus WIDENING the aspect of available players/ new friends to be made. However i se i did not spesefy this clear enough, For that I am sorry, and i will be sure to explan myself even better in the future, so that even you can comprohend what I am sayin.

2. indeed they had 2 goals. allthough the main consideration was the communety aspect.

as to your inntelectual level of responding to a post, I for one do not lack better words then 'Idiot' and words that need to be censored. Nor am I desperate, I am however as stated previously dissapointed with the desishion made. As i held a great deal of respect for some of the indeviduals whom has ben part of making this 'block'

Let me know it this is clear enough for u? If not, I am sure we can find a way even for you to grasp the essense of my view. So that u can have a chanse to disagree on the message, and not the person.
Deal ?
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 20:15   #68
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
I respect that, but rest of uni didnt...Petru. MadCowS would any day agree to going alone if all other would.

If you think we got massive numbers, then Elysium could never go with WP as they would be bigger than us.

We are not forcing anyone to block. Of the 8-10 alliances we had talks with before making our agreement, EVERYONE was going to have allies and in groups of atleast 3.
For your innformation
Elysium had NO deals with annyone, unntil your 'side' finalised its deals.

allthough i cannot speak for other alliances.
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 10:15   #69
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
I find this thread highly amusing on how cows enjoy defending themselves and their actions. How they continually like to refer to the fact that allyin up was only options they could go and that nothing of RaH or NoS type last round politics was ever an option. Let me as you if MadCows decided to go solo how would it organises its memebers galaxies? i truly believe that if all lets say two alliances ordered all its members to go random we would hit a interesting solution, althoug not possible lolz~
i view the nesscant defending against Elysium because of replies to this thread, why does it result to such when clearly the two things that have been stated before does not work
community has died the minute private gals are arranged

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 15:18   #70
RooKie
Boy without a toy

MadCowS HC are pro-random.

Unread 12 Jan 2003, 19:03   #71
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

The 2 other blocks are seperatly already larger than us in numbers.
Im sorry for my opinion post below:

You idiot, there is a difference between a block and a powerblock. Yours is a powerblock. Shall I explain why for you?

The number of alliances really is only one factor before determining if something is a block or powerblock. hirr/ND/Rock for example theoretically may be a 'block' but it is not a powerblock like Fury/RaH would be for example.

I really dont see all the fuss regarding Ely/WP. None of these have shown much in the last few rounds and I seriously doubt they can dominate the universe unless they do some really nifty politicals and military manuevers. (No offence to Ely/WP here)

However your block does - dont give this 'numbers' crap because you know as well as I do that doesnt matter. Its the quality and organization of these 'numbers' that counts - something VOM is miles ahead in.

You say there are 2 blocks that are formed already - seriously, do they pose a threat to you? Or are you scared of them because they have more members than you?

These wouldnt be the blocks you are 'hoping' to see, so the universe is divided into easy chunks for you to defeat would it?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 19:15   #72
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
so should we have allied with a alliance whos hc decided not to show up and were unable to be easly found then zhil ?
thats not a very compatent decision on my behalf for all the people who are in madcows playing with us.
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 19:27   #73
Davion
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Davion is an unknown quantity at this point
What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold, power, or were you just born with a heart full of neutrallty?

Proud to have been [oi] HC.

Proud to have been commanding fleets for the [Hunters] Battle group.

Not proud to have been [BD] HC.
Davion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 19:37   #74
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
so should we have allied with a alliance whos hc decided not to show up and were unable to be easly found then zhil ?
thats not a very compatent decision on my behalf for all the people who are in madcows playing with us.
I am not trying to dictate who you shouldnt or should ally with. I am arguing your reasoning behind it and the stupid arguements that it was 'needed'

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 19:48   #75
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

thats ok I'm just getting extreemly bored of AD

I noticed a compliment from you about madcows earlier and i ment no disrespct. we've talked a whole what 3 times or such if that.

anyway

as i think you once said [fury members play for fury and everyone else can take off] or something close

I think all other alliances also do the same includeing yours.

everyone should just stfu, realise there are people behind every planet [heh fk off killmark] and they are all playing this game for fun so long as its fun for the guys i play with I'm happy :-)

hopefully everyone else has fun too, if not sorry but they are not my primary concern
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 22:23   #76
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad

as i think you once said [fury members play for fury and everyone else can take off] or something close

I think all other alliances also do the same includeing yours.

everyone should just stfu, realise there are people behind every planet [heh fk off killmark] and they are all playing this game for fun so long as its fun for the guys i play with I'm happy :-)

hopefully everyone else has fun too, if not sorry but they are not my primary concern
I think you are confusing me with someone else, I've never really been too concerned about such things.

Closest may have been my loyalty was to Fury totally and I would do whatever Fury decided to do. Or something.

I have to question what you see as fun - do you see creating a block that has no real opposition fun? I personally don't - but I dont play for fun, I dont kid myself with such things.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 22:44   #77
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I think you are confusing me with someone else, I've never really been too concerned about such things.

Closest may have been my loyalty was to Fury totally and I would do whatever Fury decided to do. Or something.

I have to question what you see as fun - do you see creating a block that has no real opposition fun? I personally don't - but I dont play for fun, I dont kid myself with such things.

what i see as fun is me comming on irc playing with some guys I've known for a long time I've never really had a high planet score that requires more personal effort then I am willing to put in. I enjoy playing with thoose who think similar to me and also thoose who have big planets I dont mind supporting them with my crappy fleets. I've been travelling europe meeting some pretty cool people along the way who ive met thru madcows, and after a few rounds it was a pleasure to meet them and they can show me more of what its like to live in there piece of the world I can indluge in history of nations and eat diffrent food and see how the cultures interact with one another and how they view my own culture. It's a very enlighting experiance and also enjoyable.

theese are the people I play with and play for It would be silly for me to not do what is best for them thoose who i have/will/wont meet are all part of this group.

Others in alliances not affiliated with us whom i have alos met will attempt to roid my planet to its bones. thats cool its a game people win people loose it takes both to play a game.

I'm confident of the members in madcows t put there trust in me and the others of the counil to do what is in there best intrests to have fun in this game i believe I, along with the rest of the council have done that.

If the rest of the universe is unable to mount opposition (which i doubt) then the game is over before it has begaun and there really is no point in playing if its no longer fun, and when its no longer enjoyable for me to be here I'll fade away like the others before me it's no sweat.

I hope that clears a few things up.
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 23:38   #78
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
m00?

**** that.

BARK!

Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:51   #79
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Im sorry for my opinion post below:

You idiot, there is a difference between a block and a powerblock. Yours is a powerblock. Shall I explain why for you?

The number of alliances really is only one factor before determining if something is a block or powerblock. hirr/ND/Rock for example theoretically may be a 'block' but it is not a powerblock like Fury/RaH would be for example.

I really dont see all the fuss regarding Ely/WP. None of these have shown much in the last few rounds and I seriously doubt they can dominate the universe unless they do some really nifty politicals and military manuevers. (No offence to Ely/WP here)

However your block does - dont give this 'numbers' crap because you know as well as I do that doesnt matter. Its the quality and organization of these 'numbers' that counts - something VOM is miles ahead in.

You say there are 2 blocks that are formed already - seriously, do they pose a threat to you? Or are you scared of them because they have more members than you?

These wouldnt be the blocks you are 'hoping' to see, so the universe is divided into easy chunks for you to defeat would it?
Zhil, its really intresting that you say our numbers dont matter much, but its our quality that matters. I know Olympians didnt want us because we were the best military force out there. they chose us for a totally diffrent reason.

Do you really rank us as so much better than Eclipse (old Fury/Deus), RaH, Elysium and ToT? I am thankfull, but it seems rather strange.

And the 2 blocks are already a huge threat. Your trolling is just a attemt to create accountabillity for ur own schems.

Unread 13 Jan 2003, 08:58   #80
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Quote:
Zhil, its really intresting that you say our numbers dont matter much, but its our quality that matters. I know Olympians didnt want us because we were the best military force out there. they chose us for a totally diffrent reason.

Do you really rank us as so much better than Eclipse (old Fury/Deus), RaH, Elysium and ToT? I am thankfull, but it seems rather strange.

And the 2 blocks are already a huge threat. Your trolling is just a attemt to create accountabillity for ur own schems.
o honestly
i can't believe how u can say is MadCows a better alliance this that cause obviously by many ppls statements after rd 8 Elysium ,Wolpack, Tot, Newdawn and Rah dun EVEN get a honour mention in begin a "significant" alliance
ta

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:46   #81
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
If you look at it from the basics, people are giving Cows a bit much credit.

Sure, we were a community (some would even call it a BG for all intents and purposes) for 5 1/2 rounds before becoming an alliance for round 8, but Cows didn't do that great round 8, did they? I wasn't here, so couldn't say from an unbiased perspective...what I've been told is, we did reasonably well--a few top-whatever ranked planets and galaxies...seemingly, nothing special.

So now, with a reorganized and un-tested command structure, quite different from last round, we are one of the biggest threats in the universe coupled with Virus and Olympians?

I've personally been a Wrath peon in my last alliance stint, and before that, nothing other than a fairly casual player. I've never been ranked higher than about 900/1000 +/- planet-wise, and top100 galaxy-wise...mediocre at best. The rest of our team isn't entirely impressive either, when compared to the histories of other players in other alliances.

So before you cry out that we are baby eaters and that we're going to stagnate your round, take those points into consideration. We're just average players, in an above-average situation by chance.

Let's try not to overestimate the situation...or you may very well create the stagnation you so loathe out of unjustified fear.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2003, 09:50   #82
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Well, I wouldnt say we dont have good players. We have a good bunch of very good players. But we were a brand new alliance last round and had to learn some things the hard way. We will to much better next round, but to say we are one of the three best alliances in PA is talking about the future, not the present.

Unread 14 Jan 2003, 13:50   #83
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
. Yours is a powerblock. Shall I explain why for you?

Off course the first option would be a lot more fun to play in.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 00:31   #84
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:

I never said numbers never matter - numbers in the right hands can be extremely deadly.

I never ranked any single alliance higher than another in my comments in this thread so dont put words into my mouth.

I wrote this before your sides attempt to get pity today on the boards regarding a supposed unified front vs VOM. I have no schemes to be accountable for, you are misjudging my entire reason for posting and my very personality.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 04:40   #85
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
...I wrote this before your sides attempt to get pity today on the boards regarding a supposed unified front vs VOM. I have no schemes to be accountable for, you are misjudging my entire reason for posting and my very personality.
MadCowS does not want pity and that has never been the intention of our posts.

And I am sorry for misjudging you. I take your word for it, when you say you dont have personal benefit as motives.

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 05:01   #86
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
MadCowS does not want pity and that has never been the intention of our posts.

And I am sorry for misjudging you. I take your word for it, when you say you dont have personal benefit as motives.
You are rather quick to defend, I did not mention Madcows. My statement was truthful when I said 'your side'. That doesnt mean the entirity of that side.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 05:09   #87
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
So now, with a reorganized and un-tested command structure, quite different from last round, we are one of the biggest threats in the universe coupled with Virus and Olympians?
No offence to MadCows as I'm sure they will present themselves amicably in the coming round, but when people look at the VOM block and say "they are strong" they base it primarily on Olympians and to a lesser extent Virus, seeing as they are two of the more established groups around today (yes I know Olympians are new, but they have very experienced command staff and members).

As is always going to be the case tho, if you team with the groups people consider a-kin to the devil (i.e. the strongest ones...as Legion and Fury were in the past) you will be added to the evil category along with them.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 06:02   #88
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
You are rather quick to defend, I did not mention Madcows. My statement was truthful when I said 'your side'. That doesnt mean the entirity of that side.
Clearity is always great in discussions.

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 06:08   #89
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
No offence to MadCows as I'm sure they will present themselves amicably in the coming round...
thx Maddix...I had to look that one up :P

am·i·ca·ble (adj.)
Characterized by or exhibiting friendliness or goodwill; friendly

That which was most remarkable in this contest was . . . the amicable manner in which it was managed. --Prideoux.

Unread 15 Jan 2003, 12:17   #90
Ferox

Ferox is an unknown quantity at this point
The world of imagination strikes again.
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 15:56   #91
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Just a minor point....how could you possibly know this? Everyone assumes they know exactly how many members all the other alliances have (unless they are just shouting "more than us" to try and make themselves look better)...you see my point?

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 16:25   #92
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
i would like to say, have a good round all of you ! and dont slag of one alliance just because they are trying to improve themselves.
and all the blocking BS is just crap as it is...i have been playing since R4 and i have always seen alliances band together to try and dominate, its the best way, so al you anti-block ppl,
Lo Fury - blocked since 1547 with their evil twin Legion
Lo WP - remember FOS ?
Lo Ely - Xeta Ahoy !
Lo ....

you all blocked and you all will this round, so cut the CRAP!
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2003, 21:22   #93
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Just a minor point....how could you possibly know this? Everyone assumes they know exactly how many members all the other alliances have (unless they are just shouting "more than us" to try and make themselves look better)...you see my point?
I know how many members we had at the time the deal was made. I also know a little about the membercount of WP/Elysium.

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 01:41   #94
storeslem
magister

storeslem is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Playing the game the MadCows way

Quote:

Our compromise for the round so that both the goals of our members (play with mates) and our goal (maintain a community) was achieved, was to create cells of friends so people were sure they had some mates with them and throw them out there into the universe of planetarion with ‘strangers’ from other alliances. This allowed us to be flexible enough to cope with whatever form the final galaxies took. It also allowed us to be excited and positive and encourage people to COME BACK and play.

Trin
MadCows HC
You're right. Very community friendly to put all your members in pure vom galaxies, at least you'll be able to teach the VO players the game so they will stick along for more than one round...
err...

Sending your members into galaxies with new and inexperienced players might be community friendly, but however crap Virus and Olympians members might be, I doubt this is considered as helping the community.
r2: 21:23:10 BrainDrain of Idealia
r3: 36:5:1 Efreet of Azur
r4: 6:5:12 StoreSlem of Idealia
r5: 19:19:21 BrainDrain of Eudamonia
r6: 22:17:x x of x (cant remember, magister tho)
r7: 22:23:x x of x (dont do drugs kids)
r9: 39:8:3 StoreSlem of Idealia

"Meningen med livet er å gjøre livet verdt å leve"
-Sigurdnw
storeslem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 02:21   #95
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
I know how many members we had at the time the deal was made. I also know a little about the membercount of WP/Elysium.
No, this has always been a preconception within the game in my opinion.

In all honesty you dont know what the membercount is for WP or Elysium or any other alliance bar your own.

You only know what you are told, and what the alliance in question wishes you to believe. Fury was pinpointed as a massive alliance and thats probably because back in a way early round Sid made a comment about 300 members being suitable so naturally everyone assumed Fury was 300 members in every single round afterwards. It wasnt until Fury Executives made comments and tried to dispel this.

Intel really doesnt gain membercounts - you can only extrapolate and speculate. Unless you have a leader of the alliance giving you an exact copy of their memberlist that is... but such things have been rare in the general game itself.

I personally dont know alliance membercounts, Im not a fool to believe I ever will. I can make guesses based on my gut feeling, and intel but at the end of the day I dont know (unless someone brings me an alliance memberlist)

So unless you disagree, everyone on both sides should stop the "they outnumber us" arguement or the "I know that <alliance x> has y members"

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 02:43   #96
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

everyone alwasy spams bout member count

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 14:57   #97
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
In all honesty you dont know what the membercount is for WP or Elysium or any other alliance bar your own.
How can u know I didnt know at that time? Are you the all-seeing eye?

Unread 22 Jan 2003, 17:54   #98
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Thing is, even member counts in and of themselves don't mean much. Every round they're touted as the 'dangerous' and 'overbearing' force of stagnation (or danger or whatnot). But I defy you to point out one round (during my time of play) where the winner has indeed been the force that has been described as 'biggest' during the preround buildup.

In round 4 Fury's block was 'biggest'. In round 5 it was nocex. In round 6 everyone 'ph33red' FLTTV (especially after Titans returned to their side), back then FoS was just a rabble of broken or new alliances. Round 7 is the only one were the outcome was mildly predictable, though I'm sure some people saw Wanx as some insurmountable, gigantic force.

The fact is that even though the winning side is heavily influenced by their numbers, the numbers of today have little impact on the outcome of tomorrow. Novus Ordo Seclorum started r4 with a measly 60-70 members (if that), but recruited themselves to strength quickly, tripling their numbers. Xanadu did the same. WP started round 6 tiny compared to how they ended it. Fury recruited heavily throughout r5 (through Wrath).

So saying 'so and so alliance has so and so many members, everyone should ph33r them' is quite pointless. And I'm getting sick and tired of mods not deleting their posts (re: Montana r33t_inter and so on)

Jester
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 18:10   #99
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
But I defy you to point out one round (during my time of play) where the winner has indeed been the force that has been described as 'biggest' during the preround buildup.

Round 5: Fury/Legion/Tuba/Virus/Wolfpack/Elysium v NoS/Xan/CELL (And a few runt flack alliances) - Utterly predictable before ticks began, and everyone knew it. (It was also fairly clear just what the numbers were)

Of course each side will exaggerate their opponants numbers, I've rarely seen a universal consensus that one block was significantly larger than another - And that certainly didn't happen in round 5, as it was at the height of the AD flame wars.

BlueTuba
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 18:13   #100
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
I'm sorry, you disagreed with my post?

Member counts are a tool in propaganda, thats all. If you really want to believe you know exactly what other alliances have then carry on deluding yourself.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]