User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Jan 2003, 18:09   #101
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Aneu
Ohh great, another backstabbing donkey.

Kon, go get a grip plz. Also, i asked for Aaranaf and Viper not you, due to the fact that You are:-
a) Manipulative
b) Annoying
c) Sly

I think you will be needing to clean your shoes before you eat them btw.

Aneu
Man it took me a while to stop laughing after reading that reply. Dont you realize that your just digging yourself into a deeper hole Aneu? Just walk away, just walk away!

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 18:09   #102
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ohh great, another backstabbing donkey.

Kon, go get a grip plz. Also, i asked for Aaranaf and Viper not you, due to the fact that You are:-
a) Manipulative
b) Annoying
c) Sly

I think you will be needing to clean your shoes before you eat them btw.

Aneu
Why can't u ask them in a pm? If it's so personal it's not a board issue.

Neither a AD issue...

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 18:16   #103
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thanks for the reply WA, but in anny account you lied to me, as iv said many times before, i dont like 'friends' who lie to me

When did I lie to you?
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 18:47   #104
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
watch it webby baby, Aneu has logs , anyway i like aneu, he's trying his best to explain his situation to us...which i appreciate, now leave that man alone ! (not you webby) you lovely
and uhm block on !! migh even play R9 with the great allies i have now cya on the flip side guys and pls be gentle with eachother ! dont let friendships go to waste over a ****ing game
like to mention this last thing : aneu is a believer of fair play, something most PA players havent really got anymore good luck Vimp and Good luck HD!!!
neutrality is bliss cya around mates

regards,

Acid of Burn
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 18:49   #105
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Eol
Out of curiosity, aren't you in Haer-Dalis now?
Out of curiosity.. do u think I don't have my own opinion about yourself and your alliance?
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 18:57   #106
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Kon
"Powerblocking" and "stagnation" are still comonly used words eventho they dont even apply on today's politics nemore.
Try to look into the future and make a story of what round 9 will most likely be like, the words "Powerblocking" and "stagnation" aren't in my story.
"It's not powerblocking if you dont call it powerblocking. "
"Its not stagnation if it hasnt happened yet."

-----------------------------------------------

The day the people who wield the true power in this game realise how much they are killing it by putting themselves first will be the day the entire planet tilts on its axis and rolls into the sun.
It wasn't p2p that killed this game - it was stagnation brought on by the people in charge being too scared to risk themselves for the sake of the game at large. I find it an amusing coincidence that the crippling one-sided monopoly of power that afflicted rounds 3, 5 and 7 will continue the pattern to round 9. On the other hand, I find it hilarious to think that so many people still embody the very essence of naivety by expecting this behaviour to subside in everyone for the 'good of the game'. There are no rules for human behavior. Honour and integrity will mean jack shit on an Internet war game if you wish them to. There are no prizes for playing by the rules, we only play for the podium. The day we stand atop the rest we can justify our means to ourselves and know that is all that counts, because we won, and no one else matters.
Regardless of what is said here, what is actually done speaks far louder for you intentions. If you're here to do what is best for the good of everyone, dont contradict this by putting your own ass first.
If you're here for the kill, for the pride and for yourself, then say so. We'd all respect you so much more for honesty than for the elaborate shite posted here in an attempt to justify your actions. If you want a fight, shout it out and I'll be here to give you one.

Because I am done with the bullshit.

XtoTheZ
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 19:07   #107
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
heh

i reckon aneu is just so pissed cuz he didnt get the allies he wanted.

guess one cant have everything.

Isil
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 19:27   #108
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez

-----------------------------------------------

The day the people who wield the true power in this game realise how much they are killing it by putting themselves first will be the day the entire planet tilts on its axis and rolls into the sun.
It wasn't p2p that killed this game - it was stagnation brought on by the people in charge being too scared to risk themselves for the sake of the game at large. I find it an amusing coincidence that the crippling one-sided monopoly of power that afflicted rounds 3, 5 and 7 will continue the pattern to round 9. On the other hand, I find it hilarious to think that so many people still embody the very essence of naivety by expecting this behaviour to subside in everyone for the 'good of the game'. There are no rules for human behavior. Honour and integrity will mean jack **** on an Internet war game if you wish them to. There are no prizes for playing by the rules, we only play for the podium. The day we stand atop the rest we can justify our means to ourselves and know that is all that counts, because we won, and no one else matters.
Regardless of what is said here, what is actually done speaks far louder for you intentions. If you're here to do what is best for the good of everyone, dont contradict this by putting your own ass first.
If you're here for the kill, for the pride and for yourself, then say so. We'd all respect you so much more for honesty than for the elaborate ****e posted here in an attempt to justify your actions. If you want a fight, shout it out and I'll be here to give you one.

Because I am done with the bull****.

XtoTheZ
I guess that you know me and the Olympians very well to pretend such things. So please tell me more about me and Olympians.
Tell me how many players are Olympians. Tell me who they are. Tell me if they are nice players or not. Tell me why I have refused so many agreements with some other alliances Tell me why I have not been able to sleep the night after I had to refuse to play with some pleople who have been very nice with me just because the PA universe is going to be very small. Tell me why I am playing this round while I have so much work to do. Please tell me. Please tell me. Please tell me.
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 19:27   #109
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I find it an amusing coincidence that the crippling one-sided monopoly of power that afflicted rounds 3, 5 and 7 will continue the pattern to round 9.
That'll only be the case if the reaction to this relatively small group of players is so immense that you find you crushed the 'evil powerblock' two weeks into the game, allied to the entire universe. Our galaxy policy even makes it easier for you to hit us - we really will not care for the immense fencesitting politics that plagued PA in previous private rounds.

Look, fs. Olympians had offers from the vast majority of the notable alliances (yours was the exception, not the rule), and we could indeed have made a powerblock to rival r7's FLTTVFRBIV+++. Instead we chose to get precisely enough to fill our galaxies while not overstretching ourselves. I am fathomlessly surprised at how this is misunderstood for a bid for the 'podium' when it's actually the opposite. There is NO powerblock. We didn't make one. Ofc we want opposition, but look around you. We have a small, dedicated universe with rounds of experience. It's not like an alliance like Olympians is leagues ahead of the rest as was the case with Legion and Fury in round 2 and 3. We are a small alliance that are playing more for the joy of playing together than for the desire to win.

To be honest I worry about the reaction to what is not such a flippin big deal. All I wanted was to play in secure galaxies and have fun with people I've played with traditionally. And I can see room and potential for quite a few more (at least 3-4) decent sized alliance groups. Don't overkill by creating a super-power-block in response to what is really a small group of small alliances. Form a reactionary super-block and I would say that the guilty for a polarized universe are not sitting here. One might even suspect you want *power*blocks.
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 19:53   #110
Sir_Kon
ViruS Executive

Sir_Kon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I in no way said that, i said "Powerblocking" and "Stagnation" are words of the past, there are not existing in today's politics nor will they exist in round 9.
"Then why do alliances work together?"
answer: comon sense.

Quote:
It wasn't p2p that killed this game - it was stagnation brought on by the people in charge being too scared to risk themselves for the sake of the game at large. I find it an amusing coincidence that the crippling one-sided monopoly of power that afflicted rounds 3, 5 and 7 will continue the pattern to round 9. On the other hand, I find it hilarious to think that so many people still embody the very essence of naivety by expecting this behaviour to subside in everyone for the 'good of the game'. There are no rules for human behavior. Honour and integrity will mean jack **** on an Internet war game if you wish them to. There are no prizes for playing by the rules, we only play for the podium. The day we stand atop the rest we can justify our means to ourselves and know that is all that counts, because we won, and no one else matters.
If you're here for the kill, for the pride and for yourself, then say so. We'd all respect you so much more for honesty than for the elaborate ****e posted here in an attempt to justify your actions. If you want a fight, shout it out and I'll be here to give you one.

Because I am done with the bull****.

XtoTheZ [/b]
it's a nice story and almost hit my heart, u forgot 1 little thingie tho.
The _ONLY_ reason people are still playing planetarion eventho it went p2p is _NOT_ because the game itself is so good but cause of the communities and politics that has been created around it.
These very same communities would never have existed if alliances were never formed (not on the same scale as it is now)
These very same politics would never have existed if alliances were never formed and never started to ally/nap to gain an advantage over the others.

Bottom line is that Planetarion is nothing without the alliances and the politics it brought with it. If alliances and politics would end now planetarion will be dead within a week because of the simple fact that without those things planetarion is boring.
Sir_Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 19:53   #111
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
hmmmm it's kinda funny that aneu is already talking in terms of being the best heh:/ while his alliance never even existed at the same time any round of pa was held (as far as my pathetic information goes ofc )

still i think membercount stands for alot of things.... if these 3 exceed the other 'blocks' by far it'll be boring as **** but just as last round that wasn't the case and titans/ldk still did better then others... so just play and see where things end
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 19:56   #112
niwaie
Spirit of Xanadu

niwaie is an unknown quantity at this point
aneu. funny how fitting a name can be.

\o/
niwaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 20:41   #113
Eylisia
Aes Elysium

Eylisia is on a distinguished road
Actually, the way atleast I read Xtos post,
it was basically a kick towards all of us.
To really take a look at what we do,and figure out why we do it.
I didnt see him calling anyone in specific anything at all,
and as such I actually read it as to me too.
And he is my officer..

Ofc I could be wrong, but I didnt read his comments as specifically aimed towards Olympia ,more all the people in this thread throwing accusations back and forth.

Anyways, best of luck in r9,
and we will see you on the battlefield

Eylisia

A Prayer for the Wild at Heart kept in Cages
Eylisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 20:43   #114
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel
I guess that you know me and the Olympians...
I'm not talking about you.
I'm talking to you.
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 21:26   #115
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
To every single other alliance in the game I would say this, now is your chance. I think this certainly constitutes a powerful enough force, from my admittedly limited knowledge of Olympians for one, to win r9. However the round has not even started. I'd say most alliance HCs who haven't allied themselves with a significant group will now be at least mildly concerned for their alliance in r9. Luckily there are many alliances left in this same position. I would assume even now that people are now trying to work out how to save their own alliances for the next round.

To be honest I don't see what the problem is, there is no total monopoly on talent, there are no vast hordes of players who can submerge people through sheer weight of numbers, they have no incredible new tactics which you cannot figure out. The first play has been made in what I can now say with some degree of assurance is the first round of the new Planetarion. Powerblocking is not a death knell, r6 was hardly all over within a week or two but there were three definite power blocks involved. My only advice would be to urge you to consider your options before allying too rashly. Although seeing as I was never a great alliance HC I doubt that's the most stunning of advice.

Good luck.
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 21:43   #116
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point
Well said, Jonny. The gap between alliances is not at all as large as it was. The problem with blocks or groups is not that they exist, rather that there have traditionally been too few of them.
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 21:53   #117
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Eol
Don't overkill by creating a super-power-block in response to what is really a small group of small alliances. Form a reactionary super-block and I would say that the guilty for a polarized universe are not sitting here. One might even suspect you want *power*blocks.
so ure saying that the member count of Virus alone is to be considered a small alliance?
And another of the fractions in that group, Madcows, we ( ELysium) know the member numbers down to +/- 2 .
I have a good estimate on yours to, cant be more off then by 15...

putting these numbers together, and expecting a playerbase of aroud 4K ( yes I am optimistic on the player base) Id still be thinking of the added up numbres as a 'block'.
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 21:58   #118
Furbie_Fanatic
Dinosaur

Furbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Zither
I am sure ely will love to be called a 'lesser alliance'
they are
If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Dont Trust Anyone!
Furbie_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 22:03   #119
Sir_Kon
ViruS Executive

Quote:
Originally posted by Stress
so ure saying that the member count of Virus alone is to be considered a small alliance?
What do u think our membercount is?
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 22:05   #120
Stress
Resurected

Quote:
What do u think our membercount is?
lol wrong answer editing entire post.
I dont think i know
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 22:07   #121
Sir_Kon
ViruS Executive

am i asking what it exactly is or am i asking what _you think_ it is?
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 22:09   #122
Stress
Resurected

read edit
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 22:11   #123
Sir_Kon
ViruS Executive

The reason why i ask is because ppl think we are still the same size as we used to be which is absolutly not true
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 22:12   #124
Stress
Resurected

Quote:
The reason why i ask is because ppl think we are still the same size as we used to be which is absolutly not true
Asumption is the mother of all F-ups.
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 22:30   #125
Sauron
Mordor

Sauron has a little shameless behaviour in the past
There is always some1 trying to disinform the rest by posting these aledged "plots" of virus to control others...

Next time try to really know whats going on....and donnot make a fool of urself
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 22:36   #126
Stress
Resurected

not sure if that was directed at me. However, when i say i know i know. Belive me or not, I really do not care.
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 22:52   #127
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

Stress you know my membercount do you doubtfull very doubtfull
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 23:01   #128
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Eol
Nice post Eol!

We all love this game and we all hate stagnation and lack of roids but the fact is that I don't see myself playing in a gal with 10 persons from the same aliance, neither u I bet! And at the same time we all think twice before adding a neutral member to a gal, at least I do, things change during rounds... .3-4 members of the same aliance per gal....what's wrong with it?

PS - Note that 2 of this aliances r small groups...

And xtothez (btw nice post as well but utopic, imo) assuming that I can ask u this, do u look into WP/Ely as a one or u still look at it as 2 different aliances?

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 23:06   #129
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally posted by Baco
And xtothez (btw nice post as well but utopic, imo) assuming that I can ask u this, do u look into WP/Ely as a one or u still look at it as 2 different aliances?
Last time I checked WP and Ely were only 'one alliance' in DoM.

As far as PA is concerned, dont assume that whatever people post on here is true. If realising your own limits is the first step to enlightment and all that, then realising you know **** all about other people's activities must surely be a close second.
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 02:03   #130
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Amusing.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 02:08   #131
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
And just what other alliances are out there that are any threat to this group?

Eclipse? Great potential, currently seems a bit apathetic. Ely/WP? They may be "decent", but they are in no way the equals of Virus or Olympians, based solely on player heritage. HD? Don't know anything about it, but if it's anything like its predecessors, it'll crash and burn. Fang? Doesn't look alive. RaH? Doesn't look active. VD? Not big enough. Auld? Not big enough. NoS? Who knows?

Face it. This is a classic R3 style of play. We've got a strong, powerful Triad, and a bunch of other alliances, who may or may not be allied amongst themselves, and will probably not become organized in any significant fashion (ala STEL). Most certainly, there will not be enough resistance to provide more than a sporting war for this triad.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 02:23   #132
Montana

I agree with you. The only hope of there being a even a chance at having a competitive other block is for the rest of the alliances to ally to match them in numbers at least but even then they'll be the underdogs since small alliances dont usually have the organization to fight wars on the top level. TBH, most smaller alliance members dont even recognize the significance of this triad which is even worse thinking its "just" 3 alliances. To make matters even worse is the fact that these 3 alliances are still recruiting to fatten thier already big member bases
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 02:28   #133
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm all for anything that results in WP/Ely getting a thrashing.

Ho ho ho.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 02:41   #134
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by Montana
I agree with you. The only hope of there being a even a chance at having a competitive other block is for the rest of the alliances to ally to match them in numbers at least but even then they'll be the underdogs since small alliances dont usually have the organization to fight wars on the top level. TBH, most smaller alliance members dont even recognize the significance of this triad which is even worse thinking its "just" 3 alliances. To make matters even worse is the fact that these 3 alliances are still recruiting to fatten thier already big member bases
I'm not usually the violent or arrogant type because its what gets the pr|cks i meet like you off so I'll continue to be that way

"The only hope of there being a even a chance at having a competitive other block is for the rest of the alliances to ally to match them in numbers "
you were fos in round 6 were you not ?

"since small alliances dont usually have the organization to fight wars on the top level. TBH, most smaller alliance members dont even recognize the significance of this triad"

ya I'm big bad ugly

"To make matters even worse is the fact that these 3 alliances are still recruiting to fatten thier already big member bases" heh recuiting whome exactly point me in the direction of people without alliances in Planetarion the people who are left are playing with thoose whom they plan to have the most fun.

now Mr. Montana

you can also keep off my grass as your treding on it right now
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 02:42   #135
Eylisia
Aes Elysium

Stating that Elysium and WP are as one alliance
is completely clueless.
Not only were we allied alot longer to Xanadu and
in fact longer to Legion too, but we worked closer
in some ways with both those alliances, so shush.

As to the rest of this,its amusing to see
what people know and dont know.
I dont take it very serious tho

Eylisia

Unread 10 Jan 2003, 02:43   #136
Eylisia
Aes Elysium

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I'm all for anything that results in WP/Ely getting a thrashing.

Ho ho ho.
Then come spank0r us, were not that hard to find

Eylisia

Unread 10 Jan 2003, 02:44   #137
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Eylisia leren nederlands met mij " Ik hou van jou"
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 04:32   #138
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
we need members to fill up our galaxies - simple

ViruS no longer has near the ~250 members it had back a while ago. we cut teh crap.

and i know im just gonna get "your just placing the blame" bs for this but. why has no one considered yelling at Wolfpack, Elysium, or even Eclipse ? they ARE in talks with others. you dont go talking with others for no reason(perhaps to make themselves a few partners?). and i know for a FACT as ive talked with other alliances who have proposed "blocks" of even greater power then what Aneu is spouting. either way- good on "us" to get our act together quickly instead of waiting till 2 days before the round.

and give Wolfpack and/or Elysium some credit. just because they didnt make as much of an "appearance" as Titans or whoever, doesnt mean theyre crap. perhaps the reason they stayed out of the lime lite was to prepare their alliance for the upcoming round 9 and come back as a superpower ?
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!

Last edited by Aaranaf; 10 Jan 2003 at 08:24.
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 04:51   #139
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
And another of the fractions in that group, Madcows, we ( ELysium) know the member numbers down to +/- 2 .
Stress, dont **** ur own ppl on the foot. It only hurts them.

And noone in MadCowS knows the exact membercount but me, as it is in a .xls. I bet u got that one too?

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 08:05   #140
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point
What is it with alliancenames these days?
I can't help but associate Haer-Daelis with that weak longhaired NPC from Baldurs Gate II.
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 08:23   #141
RooKie
Boy without a toy

I think icecream...

Unread 10 Jan 2003, 08:28   #142
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
And just what other alliances are out there that are any threat to this group?

Eclipse? Great potential, currently seems a bit apathetic. Ely/WP? They may be "decent", but they are in no way the equals of Virus or Olympians, based solely on player heritage. HD? Don't know anything about it, but if it's anything like its predecessors, it'll crash and burn. Fang? Doesn't look alive. RaH? Doesn't look active. VD? Not big enough. Auld? Not big enough. NoS? Who knows?

Face it. This is a classic R3 style of play. We've got a strong, powerful Triad, and a bunch of other alliances, who may or may not be allied amongst themselves, and will probably not become organized in any significant fashion (ala STEL). Most certainly, there will not be enough resistance to provide more than a sporting war for this triad.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I have to fully agree with Alby here. In the days of Fury and Legion what you have wouldnt be called a a powerblock. You arent directly targetting anyone. There is no 'Fury vs Xanadu' central role.

However with three of the most active and best alliances still within the game now what do you expect for a reaction?

You cant say "Olympians are new and unproven". It contains elements from Titans and LDK. ViruS are one of the few 'big alliances' left in the game and Madcows is one of the most promising new alliances left.

What opposition exactly is there to validate such a combination of force? Alby has gone through the list already and it just goes to show how things cannot change.

You deny its a powerblock - when in truth it is. Yes, it isnt the same scale as FLTTV - but for this next round, due to the likely size of player base and the current alliances it is a significant portion of the game.

So go on, continue to kid yourselves in that you are just 'friends wanting to work together for a nice fun round' - its "bollocks" and just a public face to it all.

I do not agree with everyone in this thread, but the fact you (1) deny any agreements (2) say you are not a powerblock is not only contradictory but foolish.

Deja vu for round 3

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 08:37   #143
RooKie
Boy without a toy

There are so many combos that could be set up to counter such a scenario. Hopefull we will see 3 equal strong blocks in r9.

Unread 10 Jan 2003, 08:41   #144
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie
There are so many combos that could be set up to counter such a scenario. Hopefull we will see 3 equal strong blocks in r9.
That is where you are wrong.

And without sounding offensive, ignorant (cant think of the right word at 8am with no sleep)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 09:30   #145
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l

And without sounding offensive, ignorant (cant think of the right word at 8am with no sleep)
tis ok go to bed for 4 hours like me :\
dident do much to help thou ah well off in a bit
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 10:11   #146
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l

[09:08] <RooKie> Eclipse/Elysium/Ministry/ToT
[09:08] <RooKie> WP/NoS/Sapienta/HD

Unread 10 Jan 2003, 11:32   #147
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
Eylisia leren nederlands met mij " Ik hou van jou"
hold kjeft.. jævla homse
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 11:34   #148
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
hold kjeft.. jævla homse
once I find out what language that is i'll ask some one on panet or the lingustics prof at uni back home :/ miss seeing her shes hot
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 12:24   #149
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
reading this thread makes me happy i quit
Unread 10 Jan 2003, 12:25   #150
Aneu
H O N O U R

Aneu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: heh

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
i reckon aneu is just so pissed cuz he didnt get the allies he wanted.

guess one cant have everything.

Isil
Lol, actually =V= were our second option :P

Aneu

'True Power Is A State Of Mind'

Quote:
[22:27] ([ViruS]Aaranaf) your not Aneu
Aneu is offline   Reply With Quote