User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Jul 2009, 00:33   #1
Hum

Hum is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep capped roid until fleet returns

Good evening, my first post here on the forums so please be gentle

I'm proposing this from my position of a middle rank player, active but not within the normal top100 or 200 position.

What is the idea?

Ok very simple. Any roids capped in an attack continue to add to res collected but cannot be capped themselves until the roiding fleet returned home.

What are the benefits?

The major benefit is to reward active behaviours from players not placed in otherwise "protected" or "no-go" gals (i.e those who might be deemed too hard to hit from a lower gal/alliance pov)

The idea is very much to reward the active work of players who for mostly random reasons have been placed into a lower ranked gal (inactives, unwillings or lazy players) but are still active with ally attacks to stay competive with the rest of the universe.

There is nothing more down hearting than having a successful cap from careful planning then to have ur gal multi waved from 1 or 2 alliances with a number of ships (which would be oh so well planned) so u have no option to run.

This idea I hope will allow active, but unlucky players, offset the luck factor by still being able reward their work but not be screwed straight afterwards by an attack planned specicially so they can't defend against themselves.

Possible Changes to idea:

After discussing this with other players it was mentioned that it would be better to keep to the idea but change it so the res increase does not kick in until the roiding fleet reaches home. From a "realistic" point of view this does make sense, but consider that capped roids reach home instantly under the current system anyway. For plausibility sake let us say the res is collected on route and "beemed" home, i would consider that equally valid to the current system.
However I still think its better to allow the resources to be collected instantly, keeping to the original system. This allows for a better instant return on aggressive behaviours.

Closing comment:

I would just like active and attack behaviours be rewarded more for lower ranked players, this idea hopefully will allow this.

Thank you for reading and i look forward to ur comments

edit : grammer

Last edited by Hum; 2 Jul 2009 at 00:44.
Hum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 01:11   #2
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Keep capped roid until fleet returns

I think this encourages attacking whilst you/your gal have incomings which isn't something I'm too keen on.

Also being able to mine the roids but not being able to lose them sounds a bit silly to me.
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 01:17   #3
Hum

Ok, the situation from my point of view is that u for most ally incoming u dont have much choice in trying to def in gal.

Lastly, like i said, why can we get the roids instantly from capping? If my idea sounds silly explain the current system first.

Ty for commenting
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 07:46   #4
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Agreed! I mentioned this idea a while ago.

Currently all roids move at the same time, and depending on where you are in the Universe, depends on if you gain roids or lose roids when attacks happen same tick.

Allowing roids to travel home from the battle, and when they arrive they get added to the planets roids. You then have at least a few ticks of mining the captured roids.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 2 Jul 2009 at 09:48.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 09:28   #5
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Agreed! I mentioned this idea a while ago.

Currently all roids move at the same time, and depending on where you are in the gal, depends on if you gain roids or lose roids when attacks happen same tick.

Allowing roids to travel home from the battle, and when they arrive they get added to the planets roids. You then have at least a few ticks of mining the captured roids.
agreed there.
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 09:56   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Currently all roids move at the same time, and depending on where you are in the Universe, depends on if you gain roids or lose roids when attacks happen same tick.
I thought they fixed this a couple of rounds ago?
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 11:01   #7
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Quote:
I thought they fixed this a couple of rounds ago?
it is, and it was dependent on user id, not where you were in the universe.
roids are stolen from the amount the planet had "last tick", not what was gained during any attacks in the current tick.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 11:52   #8
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

hmmm could someone point me to a thread exposing this feature being included in PA?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 12:03   #9
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

We had this feature in earlier rounds

I doubt it will be reintroduced even if I liked it as it seems to be "magic" that roids appear at your planet without beeing "brought home" by your fleet...

Also bring back cargo ships!

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 12:36   #10
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
hmmm could someone point me to a thread exposing this feature being included in PA?
it's in the r25 changes in the manual, and it's in this announcement on the portal, might be mentioned other places as well.
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 20:37   #11
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
it is, and it was dependent on user id, not where you were in the universe.
roids are stolen from the amount the planet had "last tick", not what was gained during any attacks in the current tick.
Hi Cin! When are you going to fix that production counts to value bug then?
Unread 2 Jul 2009, 23:06   #12
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhead View Post
I doubt it will be reintroduced even if I liked it as it seems to be "magic" that roids appear at your planet without beeing "brought home" by your fleet...
Ok, so ppl say that having asteroids brought home instantly is weird, and that they should be transported home by the ships that captured them.

And at the same time, these ppl like the idea that captured roids produce resources while being brought home? No, THAT is completely sane....... It's perfectly normal that the war fleet takes equipment to battle, to immediately start mining the asteroids, and of course store the resources mined in even MORE useless ships in a battle.

.NOT.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2009, 00:19   #13
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Hi Cin! When are you going to fix that production counts to value bug then?
i had a look at it today and it's up for testing on the beta, data so far suggests it's working fine, but it would be useful is as many as possible tested it.
Unread 3 Jul 2009, 19:02   #14
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
It's perfectly normal that the war fleet takes equipment to battle, to immediately start mining the asteroids, and of course store the resources mined in even MORE useless ships in a battle.
No, that would be weird. They will teleport the mined resources to the planet so you can immediately use it on the planet to build new ships etc.

Maybe it's a little weird. But whatever works best for gameplay is fine by me.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2009, 20:04   #15
Hum

Another option is to imagine the fleet would have a degree of logistical support from the home planet, taking supplies back and forward as the fleet performs a series of jumps towards the target co-ords and back again.

I imagine much smaller ships are able to teleport instantly, i.e how your agents get to an enemy planet straight away.

Either way, this game already stretches the idea of plausibility fine already, minor tweaks for gameplay purposes shouldn't be discounted for that reason alone.

Thanks for the comments so far all.
Unread 6 Jul 2009, 10:30   #16
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

i thought pods carried hypergates which transported captured roids back to the attackers planet...

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2009, 12:42   #17
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2 View Post
No, that would be weird. They will teleport the mined resources to the planet so you can immediately use it on the planet to build new ships etc.

Maybe it's a little weird. But whatever works best for gameplay is fine by me.
And if they teleport the resources, then why not the ships ^^
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2009, 13:26   #18
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Itīs been long since ships brought the asteroids home on their travel back, Iīm pretty sure you did not gain any resources until the rocks arrived at your planet though.
Tbh, I think everyone has been terribly annoyed over losing freshly capped roids before, but just as well most people might have profited from their target capping a tick before an attack landed.
I donīt mind the current way things work, from a logical point of view I wouldnīt mind ships returning the roids either, but they shouldnīt give any income during the traveltime.
Which leads me to the simple point I finally prefer the current system:
FI/CO based planets would be favoured over FR/DE and CR/BS based ones. Donīt think anyone wants a more or less 1-dimensional round (fleetwise) as we had last time.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote