User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 5 Jun 2009, 16:30   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
New IRC client

I'd like to test this new 'com unit' for next round. Feel free to use it - it should work behind firewalls etc. Next round it'll be more fully integrated with the game, but for now I'm just testing it.
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 17:14   #2
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: New IRC client

i must admit, i like it.. its clear and neat.. will deffo use it at work.. thanks
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 17:25   #3
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

i must admit, i like it.. its clear and neat.. will deffo use it at work.. thanks
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 22:13   #4
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I would like the channel bar across the top to be more pronounced, I almost missed it the first time I launched the client. Otherwise it seems completely functional, which is great!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 23:13   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It's sourced at http://qwebirc.org/ - if anyone wants to submit changes there, or suggest changes to the source, I'll be willing to consider implementing them

btw, it's down atm until some networking issues are resolved. sorry [it has nothing to do with the client though!]
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 16:47   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

back up - see if it works better now
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 23:44   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Code:
[00:43] == Connected to server.
[00:43] == *** Looking up your hostname
[00:43] == *** Found your hostname, cached
[00:43] == *** Checking Ident
[00:43] == Your username is invalid.
[00:43] == Connect with your real username, in lowercase.
[00:43] == If your mail address were [email protected], your username would be foo.
[00:43] == ERROR: Closing Link: mz` by mercury.uk.eu.netgamers.org (USER: Bad username)
[00:43] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.
No.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 01:16   #8
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, i keep getting bad username

but apart from being unable to connect, it seems so much better than the old system.. no plugins to install and it got past my noscript addon.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 14:37   #9
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

I get the same error! I've also just had to reinstall mirc because of your inept python skills That'll teach me to assume that something pa-related will work.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 16:35   #10
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

One minor annoyance, although it's mainly the browser's fault - in Chrome you can't see a good chunk of what you're typing because the connection causes a permanent floating status bar at the bottom. Might also wanna change all references to the QuakeNet services bot to P instead. :P
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 16:41   #11
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

I'd suggest poking jester and asking if he'd mind sorting it out to be perfect - but don't want accusations of Ascendancy somehow cheating cos of it -_- I know a few people set up netgamers cgi ircs back in r4 or so to get intel.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 17:38   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

As I've said, it's not my python skills

The reason why 'bad username' errors are being given is because, to identify users, their IPs are hexed into their username. Some username hexes are number heavy, and trigger NetGamer's anti-bot detection, which kills them. I will work at either modifying it so that the numbers are removed from the ident or working with NetGamers to stop these clients being barred from IRC.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 18:46   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

ok, now it should be working (sorry for the last 1-2 hours of constant restarts)

there might be occasional issues connecting from reconnecting + throttles when lots of people try and join at the same time, but hopefully that won't be too often
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 18:52   #14
Rio
Denial

Rio is on a distinguished road

I like, quick to load and not had any issues so far. Any chance you can get it to work on mobiles?
Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 19:23   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
I like, quick to load and not had any issues so far. Any chance you can get it to work on mobiles?
It (kind of) already works on mobiles.
the two issues:
1) to send a message you have to enter the return character (kinda sucks)
2) nicklist is pretty wide
maybe I can find the nicklist .css entry and modify it to a % or something
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 19:51   #16
newt
Banned

I'm using the irc client atm, and will be whenever I'm on irc - so I'll biggy it up a bit for you all!

Its awesome! Even beeps when you're highlighted (on your current nickname only though, and you can turn it off). Doeesn't seem in the least bit laggy, and runs smoothly. Its also easy to use in many channels and so forth (though I'll only be in one ). It really is like having mirc in your internet browser - but minus loads of options I don't need. To say its much better than CGI:IRC and the old com-unit would be the biggest understatement ever.

Cudos to appocomaster & pa team for this. edit: and to the ppl who made the tool
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 21:07   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Now it works.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 21:14   #18
Rio
Denial

Rio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
It (kind of) already works on mobiles.
the two issues:
2) nicklist is pretty wide
maybe I can find the nicklist .css entry and modify it to a % or something
I just get a blank screen, its not a major issue since ive found an irc prog for mobiles. Just this seems alot lighter and easier to use then what ive found

Thanks again, much easier for work use
Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 08:49   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
I just get a blank screen, its not a major issue since ive found an irc prog for mobiles. Just this seems alot lighter and easier to use then what ive found

Thanks again, much easier for work use
with opera mini?
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 10:51   #20
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Worked pretty nicely for me, I like it a lot. Will it spam disconnect you if you don't do anything or could you leave it on all day while at work or whatever?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 11:14   #21
newt
Banned

I left it idle for a good hour or so last night with no problems.
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 17:52   #22
newt
Banned

The following needs fixing!
  • the whois buton thingy to do a whois whois to get idle times and such
  • copying and pasting multiple lines pastes them all in one line - which I assume is an example of:
Quote:
chop chop!
Unread 9 Jun 2009, 21:59   #23
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Awesome, i like it.

a few things for thought though, maybe not necessary but would improve it a little. there are the options for whois and such, how hard would it be to code the options for channel modes into this feature?

anyway great work which looks and feels 10 times better than the current one.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2009, 04:07   #24
MysticQue
Spy of the Spy

MysticQue is an unknown quantity at this point

is there anyway to set own text color other same text color in the devirc?
So when i come back to chat i know where i stop chatting and read on
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 15:31   #25
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Confraria is an unknown quantity at this point

Need some help… at work we dont have real computers, its all connected to a main server, and i cant connect to server on a regular irc client.. any of u know a way to get past this?

Ascendancy: Anarchy. Elitism. And no f*cking crashing
Confraria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 15:44   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yo conf
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 15:50   #27
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

yep against all odds im still alive! wassup? still around?

Unread 22 Jun 2009, 16:30   #28
Mzyxptlk
mz.

http://www.mibbit.com/chat/
http://game.planetarion.com/chat.pl (Only when you're logged into PA)
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 18:42   #29
Appocomaster
PA Team

http://chat.planetarion.com (works anywhere)
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 19:07   #30
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

How about allowing you to type your P-password when logging in, so it can validate it with P right away ?
That would save eons of annoyance, since there is no way of having a perform through the webapplication.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2009, 09:21   #31
Confraria
Tusa Lusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post

Not at my work :/
Mibbit works fine, a bit limited but it'll have to be enough..
tks

Unread 23 Jun 2009, 09:47   #32
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

I'm assuming all the irc clients use the same port?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote