User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 11 May 2009, 13:32   #1
Jaffa

Jaffa is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow!

I can't believe that this game is still up and running!

I used to play in high school, I'm 22 now so that was some time ago... back in the days of Fury and Legion.

Awesome stuff, but I have a problem.

I tried following the Wiki page to get a little guidance, but it's telling me to research things which don't exist! Is there an up to date manual / newbie guide anywhere?

Great to see the game still up and running!
Jaffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 14:05   #2
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Wow!

there is the manual

not perfect I admit but a lot better than the wiki which has not really been updated with anything except ranks for quite some time.
Unread 11 May 2009, 20:09   #3
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

A lot of wiki pages are broken iirc
Unread 11 May 2009, 21:34   #4
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

I attempted to keep them tidy and updated a while back but a lot of bots were just spamming the entries and it became a bit of a lost cause so i gave up.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 07:07   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
A lot of wiki pages are broken iirc
The category pages were totally borked, but should be fixed now.

The PAWiki is sadly pretty much abandoned. When zpeti/pateam decided to make the manual a wiki, they asked about porting the content over. They're free to, as long as the content in the new manual wiki remains licensed under the GFDL. Our conversation pretty much tailed off after that.

I have updated the blacklist/anti-spam stuff recently(ish) in an attempt to keep the bots away, but I don't really prioritize PAWiki much these days
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 13:11   #6
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

tbh i like the wiki, even currently what its doing with the past round history/round ranks. Maybe thats what it should solely be focused on more of an archive of whats happened would be easy enough i supposed for a write up to keep being done, maybe even allow people to post up their own views of how their alliance played/what happened (if they can't already? never tried).
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote