User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 May 2006, 10:31   #1
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Thumbs up Living like this is a full-time business

"This was to be my final hit, but let's be clear about this.
There's final hits and final hits. What kind was this to be?"

Dear members of GD,

Your beloved treasure of knowledge and wisdom is gonna leave GD

When I woke up this morning I suddenly realised I've been living more and more in the past
I dream about what I should have done, what I screwed up and how good old times were
Always comparing my life to the once around me,
of people who have more success then most people can dream off
I'm afraid if I keep this up, I'll just get older, and start to live more and more in the past until it kills me

"People think it's all about misery and desperation and death
and all that shit which is not to be ignored,
but what they forget is the pleasure of it.
Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not ****ing stupid.
At least, we're not that ****ing stupid."

The last few years of my life have been looking too much like the movie trainspotting
and i'm now in the rehab scene, locked in my room, watching dead baby's crawl over the ceiling
even tho I love the movie, I do think I have more potential then that
I wouldn't have big problems with it if the people around me were like GD
but they ain't
The sad truth is that I live in a place where you get written off if your penis isn't big enough
So I will be focusing on extending my penis for the next few years

After rebelling alot for the last few years
i'm gonna play the game of life, by the rules

When i was walking trough Rotterdam a few days back I noticed some humongeous buildings
High tech, state of the art design, where million dollar businesses make their money
Somebody has to own that right? I want such a building too
If someone else can achieve that in life, then I can too
Hell, I even think i've got a shot at obtaining one
It can't hurt to try can it?

I'll proberbly go study law again in Amsterdam in a few months
I'm gonna 'work hard and play hard' from now on
I'm dropping my dreams of becoming world champion in Zero Hour
Instead i'm gonna try to become world champion in law and economics from now on

I might be back sometimes, to get a shot, when nobody is watching
But i'll try not to

Cya at the top people!
Unread 8 May 2006, 10:52   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Living like this is a full-time business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Your beloved treasure of knowledge and wisdom is gonna leave GD
Then why didn't he post the thread?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 10:54   #3
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Then why didn't he post the thread?
Are you trying to make me stay?

Last edited by Alessio; 8 May 2006 at 11:03. Reason: I love the edit button
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 11:21   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Are you trying to make me stay?
I'm trying to call this self-serving claptrap
Unread 8 May 2006, 11:22   #5
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I'm trying to call this self-serving claptrap
haha

Yeah 'Pearl of Honesty and Truth' would suit me better

Last edited by Alessio; 8 May 2006 at 11:30.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 11:35   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

go and download some brian tracy tapes or read 'think and grow rich' by Napoleon Hill. Success seems to be pretty easy, if you can be bothered.
Unread 8 May 2006, 11:37   #7
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
When i was walking trough Rotterdam a few days back I noticed some humongeous buildings
High tech, state of the art design, where million dollar businesses make their money
Somebody has to own that right?
Yeah, shareholders, investment firms, pension companies etc.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 11:40   #8
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

out of all places, the city of Rotterdam would be the last one i'd expect to be able to inspire people.

anyway, goodluck. and don't work too hard.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 11:40   #9
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

they're mine and you're not having one

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 12:28   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hope and trust that you will be deleted and ip-banned.

purely to help you of course ...
Unread 8 May 2006, 12:49   #11
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good luck. the chances of you being able to afford a building like that are somewhat minute. unless you have rich parents or relatives who are willing to give you a nice start in life.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 12:51   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Do you have any idea how much these buildings cost?
They are never owned by individuals. Well, I suppose they might be, but I can't think of any examples.
Unread 8 May 2006, 13:37   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good luck dude, and welcome to why I quit PA.
Unread 8 May 2006, 14:48   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Am I alone in seeing the building as a metaphor for any concrete acheivement in life?
Unread 8 May 2006, 14:57   #15
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

law, economics, real estate, and medicine are all fields i consider only marginally more valuable than injecting your life away.

but i wish you the best anyway, cause i'm a very nice guy like that.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 15:04   #16
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm calling shotgun on the penthouse when you get your skyscraper.
Unread 8 May 2006, 15:06   #17
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
That's Osama territory.
Unread 8 May 2006, 15:07   #18
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac

skyscrapers in holland.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 15:53   #19
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He has the potential to make it happen, goddamnit!
Unread 8 May 2006, 16:42   #20
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Do you have any idea how much these buildings cost?
They are never owned by individuals. Well, I suppose they might be, but I can't think of any examples.
In Holland they quite often are owned by individuals.

Good luck to you Alessio, see you on the business-field here
Unread 8 May 2006, 18:42   #21
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
This pretty much concluded any thoughts I may have had that this was a Sunday8PM gimmick.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 18:54   #22
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
[i]
Becoming a single-minded maniac is not something you talk about, it's something you do..... and a good way of setting yourself up to the biggest mid-life crisis ever.

Have Fun!
Unread 8 May 2006, 19:39   #23
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I honestly wish you nothing but good luck in trying to get yourself and your life on track.
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:07   #24
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
law, economics, real estate, and medicine are all fields i consider only marginally more valuable than injecting your life away.
Medicine? Why?
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:12   #25
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Medicine? Why?
because he's not criticising their virtue he's criticising the amount of time you will spend working if you are in any of the three fields.
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:40   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am curious as to what alessio will be doing in this oh so tall building of his.
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:45   #27
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Medicine? Why?
short version, because i fear that the longevity of our elderly may bankrupt much of western civilization.

anyway i didn't say they have no value, just little value. compared to, say, farmers, manufacturers, truckers etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
because he's not criticising their virtue he's criticising the amount of time you will spend working if you are in any of the three fields.
is this supposed to be a riff on how much time doctors spend on golf courses or a statement that those people work oh so much that they aren't even fully reimbursed by their incomes?
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:52   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Presumably extending life-spans also extends effective working life-spans so we just need to acknowledge this!
Unread 8 May 2006, 20:58   #29
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Presumably extending life-spans also extends effective working life-spans so we just need to acknowledge this!
the median voter in my area is almost exactly retirement age.

far as i can tell the only possibility of such an acknowledgment passing the vote would involve some use of an official 'opposite day' coinciding with a first Tuesday of November.
Unread 8 May 2006, 21:15   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
is this supposed to be a riff on how much time doctors spend on golf courses or a statement that those people work oh so much that they aren't even fully reimbursed by their incomes?
Probably a statement that doctors are generally disgustingly overworked.
Unread 8 May 2006, 21:42   #31
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
short version, because i fear that the longevity of our elderly may bankrupt much of western civilization.

anyway i didn't say they have no value, just little value. compared to, say, farmers, manufacturers, truckers etc.
A surgeon has no value compared to someone who masturbates cows for a living.

what

edit: If people actually listened to what economists were telling them, then extending the lifespan of the elderly might not bankrupt Western civilization.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 21:58   #32
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
edit: If people actually listened to what economists were telling them, then extending the lifespan of the elderly might not bankrupt Western civilization.
what are economists telling us that i've missed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
A surgeon has no value compared to someone who masturbates cows for a living.

what?
depend entirely on your definition of 'value'

if it is based on earning capacity, than those robbers that recently swiped $95 million must be some of the most valuable members of society in the UK, yes?
Unread 8 May 2006, 23:09   #33
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
if it is based on earning capacity, than those robbers that recently swiped $95 million must be some of the most valuable members of society in the UK, yes?
Errr...no, because they stole it off others.
Plus, the probably shipped most abroad (I can't remember how much was found)
Unread 9 May 2006, 06:02   #34
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Has allesio gone into rehab because he does heroin? I couldnt be bothered to read the thread ;/
Unread 9 May 2006, 16:17   #35
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i'd place more value on the work that requires more training/learning/knowledge, one that is less likely to be fulfilled by some sort of AI/robot thingy in the future.
certainly a better line of reasoning than pure earning power. society makes a major investment of training and resources into some individuals, and those individuals are then "valuable" in the sense that to replace that person would require repeating that same major investment. whether that training leads him to surgery or football, he still has a significant replacement value. whereas a replacement for that miner or garbage man (whose works are clearly important) could be purchased for perhaps 3 chickens and a pack of smokes in some rural african areas.

However, the training and investment that went into the 9/11 hijackers was extreme. tens of millions of dollars, years of planning, all that kind of stuff. Now, making the controversial assumption that the 9/11 attacks were "A Bad Thing", would you still be able to count those individuals (while they were living I guess) as "extremely valuable members of society"?

I would argue 'no', saying that at some point in your math you have to account for the effects of people's actions.
Quote:
this is hardly an innate property of medicine. for instance, if we enforced a cut off date for NHS care (or a cut off head date lolz) your issue would be dealt with.
that's entirely fair. i think some aspects of medicine (as practiced today) have very high benefits for little costs. and some other areas, the opposite.
Quote:
Infact, it could be the very area of study (medicine) that infact solves the problem of ageing altogether.
so that we could all be immortals?

it would solve the problem of the working age population being too small to support the elderly, but i could imagine other problems poking up.
Unread 10 May 2006, 01:23   #36
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
However, the training and investment that went into the 9/11 hijackers was extreme. tens of millions of dollars, years of planning, all that kind of stuff. Now, making the controversial assumption that the 9/11 attacks were "A Bad Thing", would you still be able to count those individuals (while they were living I guess) as "extremely valuable members of society"?
They had percieved value to some....
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote