User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Aug 2006, 14:51   #51
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Tactics: Mailing your attacker

Recently I've been faking some stolen terran de as bs and hitting xan planets. Yesterday I landed on some poor chap and wiped out 2.2k co. So this morning I was feeling guilty so I mailed my attacker when I was eta 1 to tell him to run his co fleet! Can you feel my community spirit wakey? Beyond not attacking at all I'm unsure how I can be nicer
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 15:10   #52
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Recently I've been faking some stolen terran de as bs and hitting xan planets. Yesterday I landed on some poor chap and wiped out 2.2k co. So this morning I was feeling guilty so I mailed my attacker when I was eta 1 to tell him to run his co fleet! Can you feel my community spirit wakey? Beyond not attacking at all I'm unsure how I can be nicer
Did he run it or did he think you were bluffing and left it there
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 15:11   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Did he run it or did he think you were bluffing and left it there
He said they were out anyways but there was still some co there and I killed it and I felt so bad I cried for two solid hours this morning!
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 18:11   #54
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

The more ships killed the better, it makes stealing roids that little bit sweeter.
Unread 1 Aug 2006, 18:38   #55
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I mail my attacker occasionally.
Sometimes its because I build some stuff and the attacker landing would be heavy losses for both sides.
Sometimes its because I want my fleetslot so I mail someone I'm defending against - usually with a jgp.
At times, I send them a mail letting them know that I'm going to suicide on them.
Most of the time its just me being bored so I send them some random crap, sometimes I tell them that I'm covered, sometimes I say that they're through, I just message them random crap at times due to boredom

Had a funny incident with some dude I was attacking at the start of the round, I couldn't get any targets on my alliance attack and I wanted to sleep, so I looked through the universe and sent my little attack fleet (don't remember the size at the time) at a zik with a decent amount of roids. (I had no scans or calcs on him)
The next morning, I wake up to see:
Quote:
ehm dont get this... I got 60 brigand atm, 30 in prod and can build another 30 or so before you arrive so will kill atleast 1500 fi (remember brigs shoot same time as your vsh)..

your seriously planning on suiciding your fi for less then 10 roids (if any)?
I replied: Launch at night, calc in the morning ftw.
I got some scans on him and he did have around 90 brigands, I considered landing on him just for fun
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 17:18   #56
Bos
Former Monkey

Bos will become famous soon enoughBos will become famous soon enough

i love to get mails from people i am attacking
sometimes you end up having real nice little chats about PA

but then sometimes you get the weirdest people, this happened in r16:

early round, i was terran and sent my secondary DE fleet (with fresly built DE) to retal my incs, such a retal launched in the morning

the guy mailed me to recall coz he was covered, i mailed him back that i doubted that coz my pegs would rip right trough his def
he mailed me back that he hated me and would destroy all my ships
i replied i was anxious to see him try
he then mailed me something 'HA! gotcha! newsscanned you and your pegs just landed somewhere else, prepare to die!'
i replied that i had built more pegs that morning which were now eta 4 on him with only minor (and expected fake) ingal defense
then came his final reply:
'oh well, land if you must, i had some real life trouble anyway and will prolly have committed suicide before the day is over so i dont care anyway'

10 out of 10 for originality, but i thought it was rather sick and unnerving...

after i landed 0loss and maxcap, i mailed him good luck with the rl stuff
never heard from him again :s
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 17:48   #57
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kila_
Sometimes its because I build some stuff and the attacker landing would be heavy losses for both sides.
Yeah, sometimes neither side gains by fighting, and there really is no alternative to convincing your attacker this is true.. in the long gone past when I played/DC'ed, I always found it very effective to just plain mail the attacker and be totally honest and sign everything with my irc-name. As long as everything you tell them co-incides with what scans are available at the time, people are pretty prone to take whatever you tell them at face-value and recall. Nobody gains anything on two-sided blood-baths with no roid loss

Using full sentences and trying to come off as reasonably mature does help though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos
after i landed 0loss and maxcap, i mailed him good luck with the rl stuff
never heard from him again :s
With him having commited suicide and all, that's to be expected though.
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 18:02   #58
Bos
Former Monkey

Bos will become famous soon enoughBos will become famous soon enough

yeah that was my attempt at something sarcastic and perhaps even slightly witty

i dont think i am very good at it, sorry

btw i did hear from him after the land, something to the effect of
'oh well, worth a try, cya when i go get my roids back, bastard'
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 20:45   #59
Vas
ROCK biatch

Vas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Spending resources on ships that arrive the same tick of the attacker is also a worthwhile tactic. Because they know you can't cancel (and lose res) and that you can't run the ships. but they CAN recall, and if they land it's going to be ugly on both sides. In effect, you give a genuine threat.
Hmm I've used that tactic a few times this round on attackers, spent res and made sure the ships arrive same tick the attacker does more often or not it works and they've either check Planet scan or noticed my value would of dropped but sometimes I haven't bothered to mail them just let them use their brains for a change.

[VanX][ToF][xVx][PK][Subh][InS][Omen][Destiny][ROCK]

Proud to been a Member of Gal 1:6 R18
Vas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2006, 05:20   #60
lilboi

lilboi is an unknown quantity at this point

I love ingame mails!! Its sooo fun, most of the time there are nice people that you can have a chat with and some even turn into allies.

I mail sarcastic messages alot of times, which really i don't think will get anyone to recall or whateva just because its funny. I also mail people when i catch them on prelaunch, especially if its like a gal raid and i got 8 waves on me.

If my incoming is covered by zik, i mail the attacker cos i know even though they lose all their ships i still lose max cap. Ofcourse when i have production i mail the attacker (if solo) that i have built and 60% they recall since they don't wanna waste their time, and i really don't wanna waste resources on def ships that i attack with. This doesn't work for ally raids since they'll have to stay a certain amount of time.

Basically i think mailing is a good tactic, gives good results and sometimes even makes for interesting conversations but that said, landing should always be determined on scans and etc.
lilboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 20:02   #61
Biggin
Village Idiot

Biggin is on a distinguished road

I typically only mail attackers when I am 100% covered and they get past eta 4, just to have the ability to send them another mail after combat and their fleet has been decimated or stolen to say "I told you so"
Biggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 01:21   #62
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth
Over recent rounds I have become more aware of the use of a tactic whereby my targets mail me to get me to recall. Most of the time they are feeble attempts at reverse psychology. Today was no exception, however there was a slight change in that my target (a retal attack on the same guy attacking me) was also whining about me "bashing" him and that I would get no XP in return. Personally (in my opinion etc etc) I see no reason to send these mails and all they do is annoy me due to their pathetic nature. The only way im going to recall from a target is looking at scans. Nothing else.

I was wondering how many people consider this a viable tactic and use it themselves?

(Also I would like to apologise to the person whom I did send a slightly insulting reply to as a consequence of his attempt to make me recall)

This was a tactic perfected by n00b dawn a few rounds ago and frequently used by the new alliances who cant organise defence let alone a jpg scan so they send bullshit mails and see what happens.b Good luck to them
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 01:52   #63
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Pilgrim: you've already fagged up the current threads on this forum, so please don't fag up the old ones as well.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 02:29   #64
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Pilgrim: you've already fagged up the current threads on this forum, so please don't fag up the old ones as well.

Theres nothing wrong with a well thought out post
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 08:12   #65
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Tried mailing an attacker 1 time this round, and it seemed to work. Had much resources saved up, and didn't want to spend it on covering my own incs. He were probably only hoping for me being idling long enough to not use my res.

Also had some fun with a rather childish target that mailed everyone that attacked him, by prelaunching a fleet with +11. And then got mails with subjects like prelaunch noob, and then followed up a little later with preluanch-in-the-middle-of-the-day-noob

Seems like some of'em atleast, haven't gotten past the "My daddy is stronger then yours" stage of their life

Last edited by Pilatus; 19 Aug 2006 at 08:38.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 11:09   #66
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Theres nothing wrong with a well thought out post
You're correct, so start writing a well thought out post then.