User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 29 Mar 2006, 17:30   #1
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
DCOM/COM/ACTIVEX/Whatever and MS Excel

Urg.

Due some unfortunate events, I'm pretty much forced to communicate with Excel to do some stuff through Python. I've gotten everything up and running using win32 tools, included early-bound init and everything is working fine.

Now, the question; Does anybody know of any references/documentation for Excel's DCOM interface? .. or have any other nice tips?

.... because I'm getting really, really sick of searching through that ugly **** of an API and I really can't seem to find any usefull resources for helping whatsoever.. and it's not for lack of trying
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 16:40   #2
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Sir Mordred will become famous soon enoughSir Mordred will become famous soon enough
Re: DCOM/COM/ACTIVEX/Whatever and MS Excel

maybe the following sample chapter of 'Python Programming on Win32' helps you

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pytho...pter/ch12.html
II-60:9:6 [=SA=], III-25:22:3[YHQ], IV-114:4:8[YHQ][=V=], V-20:3:4[=V=], VI- 5:23:3[=V=], VII- 30:18:11[=V=], VIII- 33:10:2[=V=], IX- 25:6:7[=V=], IX.V- 7:3:5[=V=], XV-1:5:4 []LCH[], XVI-8:6:3 []LCH[], XVII-9:7:X OoO, XXII-12:3:8 Vgn, XXIII-X:X:X Vgn, XXIV-X:X:X Vgn, XXV-4:3:4 Vgn, XLII-10:3:3 CT
= Audentes Fortuna Iuvat =
Sir Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 13:14   #3
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Found that one already, it was usefull when I was getting stuff to work.. but I kinda knew it already.

It's dead useless for actual documentation though

Thanks though.
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 16:58   #4
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

Sir Mordred will become famous soon enoughSir Mordred will become famous soon enough

maybe something like this?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...odelanchor.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../html/dcom.asp
II-60:9:6 [=SA=], III-25:22:3[YHQ], IV-114:4:8[YHQ][=V=], V-20:3:4[=V=], VI- 5:23:3[=V=], VII- 30:18:11[=V=], VIII- 33:10:2[=V=], IX- 25:6:7[=V=], IX.V- 7:3:5[=V=], XV-1:5:4 []LCH[], XVI-8:6:3 []LCH[], XVII-9:7:X OoO, XXII-12:3:8 Vgn, XXIII-X:X:X Vgn, XXIV-X:X:X Vgn, XXV-4:3:4 Vgn, XLII-10:3:3 CT
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 15:43   #5
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

Nice one. "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sir Mordred again."

I'll wade through it when I'm back at work tomorrow.
Unread 11 May 2006, 18:42   #6
Sir Mordred
General Lamer

give it to me baby
nah, im not doing that for harvesting posreps. as i know the situation you're in pretty well from my job, i'm just trying to help.

i only hope it helped you