User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2006, 00:07   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Road to Guantanmo

It was an channel four this evening and was talking about the young men from tipton (Birmingham...incidentally theres a place in tipton that does great pies) who were suspected al qaida members. Was a ****ing cracking piece of television, I hope I wasnt the only one who watched and certainly enjoyed it!
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 19:12   #2
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Re: The Road to Guantanmo

I'm hoping to catch it on one of the repeats as I couldn't watch it last night.

If anyone is interested the repeats currently scheduled are:
More4 - Channel 13 Freeview (and an hour later on More4+1 Channel 31)
13/03/06 @ 21:00
18/03/06 @ 21:00
Of course having seen how many times they've shown things like "The Government Inspector" (also very good) then I'd think that there will be plenty of opportunities to catch it.
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 20:56   #3
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I saw it and thought it was really good.

There was a very large part of me that was jealous of the adventure that they were having though, I need to go into a war zone at some point in my life.
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 21:06   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I saw it and thought it was really good.

There was a very large part of me that was jealous of the adventure that they were having though, I need to go into a war zone at some point in my life.
I too was quite jealous to be honest, must be a life changing experience.

My favourite lines were

"I dont need a translator im British" (in a brummie accent)
"I was working at currys in 2000" " " "
"They accuse me of being in Afghanistan in 2000, if they asked the police in the UK they could see that I was in and out of court and on parole in 2000"

It was really well done and reminds me of how we speak back at home ;/
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 21:27   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wouldn't be too happy about the years in captivity though, that would be pretty shitty. They have got their revenge with this film however
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 21:31   #6
pig
1up on you

ye im slightly annoyed that the british government didnt do anything more to help them, i quite liked it at the end when they were on the bus leaving guantanmo and the guy was looking out the window, the american comes over and shouts "dont look out the window" so he pulls back the curtain and carrys on looking, like a broken record player the american goes "you ****ing retard what did i just say no looking out the window" and then the brummie goes "**** you" and then turns to his mates and say "boys you hear what this guys saying hes telling me not to look out the window" and then they all burst out laughing seemed like a little bit of justice to me.
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 03:12   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

... is paved with good intentions
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 22:34   #8
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

tihs was not an unbiased documentary. this was exclusively the story of those who were captured. As a result the entire thing is probably biased against the Americans by a long way.

A bit of information I heard changed the way I percieved their arrest. For example, they went to Afghanistan after the way had kiced off or something...
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 23:20   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
A bit of information I heard changed the way I percieved their arrest. For example, they went to Afghanistan after the way had kiced off or something...
I did not watch the documentary and know very little of the individual cases in question. However, it would not surprise me particularly if it turned out that some of the people held in Guantanmo had been involved in some Islamic activities before their arrests, travelling to Afghanistan in the same way that some British and American communists/anarchists travelled to Spain to fight in the civil war. In some cases they may have acted in an illegal manner which might warrant some sort of criminal prosecutions.

The problem is that if you lock people up without trial then regardless of the horrid things they are supposed to have done, there's zero justification for it. In many way's it's almost irrelevant how guilty the people involved are, it's their treatment which is in question here.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2006, 23:37   #10
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Agreed, if you want to call yourself a liberal democrazy there are certain actions there simply aren't mitigating circumstances for; vote fraud, improsenment without due'ish process, freedom of speech'ish etc.

The ends won't justify the means, because it's simply so against the principles of the society you're pretending to have, that by embracing those actions you admit to being something else.