User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 17:28   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
So I've Finally Done It

It has taken me 7 long years, but finally i have done it. Today at approximatly 1650hrs i finally managed to complete The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and i can say that it is, by far, the best game ever
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 17:29   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: So I've Finally Done It

'wow'
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 17:31   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So I've Finally Done It

so not 'had sex' then
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 17:34   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: So I've Finally Done It

Link? And Zelda? Wouldn't you? Mmm?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 17:35   #5
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
It has taken me 7 long years, but finally i have done it. Today at approximatly 1650hrs i finally managed to complete The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and i can say that it is, by far, the best game ever
it was a 'good' game. pretty much 0 replay value tho; for which reason I preferred mario 64.

I'd say OoT was better than zelda 2 but worse than 1; I never played link to the past.

Buty I guess the obvious question is: how did it take you seven years? Everyone I knew had beaten it within a month from when it came out.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 17:52   #6
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It took me two weeks when I was 17.

Dear oh dear
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 17:55   #7
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Did you take 6 1/2 years out mid-game?!

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 18:02   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I also expected this thread to be about sex.
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 20:03   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

LTTP is the best Zelda game.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 20:09   #10
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

By "complete" do you mean "get to the end" or "do everything possible"?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 20:21   #11
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
By "complete" do you mean "get to the end" or "do everything possible"?
Yeah, and that includes that ****ing Hylian loach.
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 20:53   #12
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
it was a 'good' game. pretty much 0 replay value tho; for which reason I preferred mario 64.

I'd say OoT was better than zelda 2 but worse than 1; I never played link to the past.

Buty I guess the obvious question is: how did it take you seven years? Everyone I knew had beaten it within a month from when it came out.
Who cares about replay value when you use 7 years on the first run?
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 21:05   #13
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
Who cares about replay value when you use 7 years on the first run?
i'd think that would make it more key.

a game that takes a month to beat, say Ocarina of Time, if it could be replayed enjoyably 10 times gives an extra ten months of recreational enjoyment for your buck.

If it takes seven years, and can be replayed 10 times enjoyably, then this game can cover your entertainment needs for 70 years. Now THAT's value.
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 21:42   #14
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Agreed, tis why I feel in love with RPG's at a later stage... all those swords and spells....
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 22:13   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics
Agreed, tis why I feel in love with RPG's at a later stage... all those swords and spells....
Some RPG's don't have swords, some don't have spells :eek:
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 00:01   #16
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Did you take 6 1/2 years out mid-game?!
pretty much yes. my N64 game got erased and i couldn't be bothered to start it again. then the GC version came out and i've been playing it on and off, mostly just fishing though. This last week after all my exams (and college forever for that matter) had finished was when i really decided to knuckel down and actually complete it

Oh and the "I've finally had sex" thread shouldn't be too far away, since i asked a girl out to the pictures last night Go Me!
We shall remember them.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 00:29   #17
Tomkat

Quote:
pretty much yes. my N64 game got erased and i couldn't be bothered to start it again. then the GC version came out !
Was that the "Master Quest" version? Because that's much harder. I started that and got bored because the plot was the same. It's a lot more difficult though - the game is all the same, just the dungeons are laid out a little bit differently, and the enemies are tougher.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 00:59   #18
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Was that the "Master Quest" version? Because that's much harder. I started that and got bored because the plot was the same. It's a lot more difficult though - the game is all the same, just the dungeons are laid out a little bit differently, and the enemies are tougher.
Totall 100% completed OoT on the 64, completed the same game (not 100%) a few times, and now i'm slowly playing through the master quest.
That tis harder tho. I have to admit that I've died a few times
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 01:27   #19
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Was that the "Master Quest" version?
no, original. I might get around to doing Master Quest, but not if it'll take me another 7 years
We shall remember them.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 05:05   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I can understand totally, 6 years on and I've yet to finish my game of Final Fantasy VIII. Pretty much for the same reason too, my friend saved over my game when I was about 80% complete.

It's on a long list of games, just waiting to be done.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 13:47   #21
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

7 years! Thats a long time.

I'm more of a Final Fantasy geek. Although the new Zelda looks good.

Windwaker sucked big time though.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 13:53   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
Windwaker sucked big time though.
The fetch quest was poor, and I can see why people wouldn't like the stealth level.

Of course, if annoying, repetitive segments aren't your "thing", I wouldn't see you enjoying FF games either, so you're just wrong.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 14:03   #23
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

I like Final Fantasy because it involves you more with the story. Also the combat is funner imo.
Theres a better emphasis on character development and you actually give a damm what happens to the characters.

When I played Zelda I never felt this.

And one of the main reasons I didnt like Windwaker was because of the Cell Shading.

I guess it's just a preference though.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 14:10   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I like Final Fantasy because it involves you more with the story. Also the combat is funner imo.
Theres a better emphasis on character development and you actually give a damm what happens to the characters.

When I played Zelda I never felt this.
That's because the Zelda games are action-adventure, not RP. Try playing Planescape: Torment, or just about any other PCRPG, if you want a deep and involving story.

The only way I can understand you thinking that FF has something involving is if you haven't played the PC RPGs - I like my idea of what the character should be like to make a difference, I don't want to just sit there and say "yes" every five minutes as the limitation of my interaction. And the combat... jesus. Good old repititon.

Quote:
And one of the main reasons I didnt like Windwaker was because of the Cell Shading.

I guess it's just a preference though.
That's a really stupid reason.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 14:12   #25
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Final Fantasy is far superior to nerdy AD&D shit. Also Zelda sucks.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 14:24   #26
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Thats why I said the Cel Shading was a preference.

And my point about the combat was that in FF it involves some strategy. Whereas Zelda is just button bashing.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 14:27   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

You people dissapoint me sometimes.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:12   #28
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

But its stil 1 dimensional combat. It requires virtually no thinking. Final Fantasy requires you to think ahead and make decisions which could change the face of the battle.

Anyway its pointless comparing the 2 as they are made for different audiences.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:25   #29
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Like I said, no point comparing as the combat is different.

FF - Turn Based Combat or Active Battle System
Zelda - In Game Combat

It's a preference.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:29   #30
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
oh I dunno. the little tune at the wind fish's egg puts Link's Awakening pretty high on the list.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:33   #31
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Thats why I said the Cel Shading was a preference.

And my point about the combat was that in FF it involves some strategy. Whereas Zelda is just button bashing.
Knights of the Round

mime
mime
mime
mime
mime
mime
mime

strategy?

Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:35   #32
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

First RPG I ever played was Secret Of Mana on the SNES. I still think it's one of the best, and have played it numerous times since on PC.
berzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:36   #33
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I'm not disagreeing with the appraisal of FF but you are being overly critical of Zelda. Often with once you are hald way through most random battles are solved with a Summon/class 3 spell and to simply a matter of conserving magic until the boss. Lets recall one of the main flaws of FF8 was the reliance on overlong summons repeated ad infinitum.
I stopped using summons (Guardian Forces in FF8), since most of the time my characters hits were better. Doom train was about the only GF I used with regularity. FFX was nice, since you got to actually fight as your summon...(err, aura?)

Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:38   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
oh I dunno. the little tune at the wind fish's egg puts Link's Awakening pretty high on the list.
ZA is good, but it's no Link to the Past, which I consider to be one of the best of all games.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:39   #35
Radical Edward

Quote:
To be fair if you can't complete FF7 without Knights of the Round then you are in big trouble.
true, but once you had it, strategy was meaningless. well except against emerald weapon, where you had to use Hades too. and match Final Attack to Phoenix just in case. The one nice thing about FF7 I really likes was the battle square, where you got successively weaker with each round, so even if you really tooled yourself up at the beginning, you still often had a fair challenge.

Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:41   #36
Radical Edward

Quote:
ZA is good, but it's no Link to the Past, which I consider to be one of the best of all games.
heh, I was being a little facetious about the song. LTTP is indeed brilliant, I have been playing it through again recently. It is a bit odd on a PC monitor, but still excellent stuff. the music and atmosphere is brilliantly implemented for a 2 1/2D game on such an old machine.

Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:45   #37
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Quote:
Well I like both and it is possible to like both but you were not stating a preference you were making an unfair and misguided criticism of a great game.

I prefer Final Fantasy but for hundreds of reasons and none of those take anything away from one of the finest series of games ever made.
What I was saying was just my opinion. I have played both and I prefer The Final Fantasy series. I am actually looking forward to the new Zelda game and my "attack" was only on Windwaker which I personally deemed to be a step-back on previous games in the series.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:49   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
heh, I was being a little facetious about the song. LTTP is indeed brilliant, I have been playing it through again recently. It is a bit odd on a PC monitor, but still excellent stuff. the music and atmosphere is brilliantly implemented for a 2 1/2D game on such an old machine.
Yes indeed.

Quote:
I am actually looking forward to the new Zelda game and my "attack" was only on Windwaker which I personally deemed to be a step-back on previous games in the series.
Wait, how does it having a graphical style which you dislike affect the combat system?
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 15:54   #39
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Ok i'm sorry im just a Final Fantasy fanboy. :/
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 00:14   #40
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

My little brother spent 9 months working up his levels and mastering his materia tobeat Ruby weapon on the computer version.

After he'd done it I casually asked him why he didn't just show up to the fight with two dead group members and final attack == phoenix (someone mentioned that on these forums) and he swore a lot.

I found his corpse in the bathtub later that night.
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 00:20   #41
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

one day i will get round to finishing alex kidd in miracle world, an absolute bastard since it has no save game feature
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 00:26   #42
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
I found his corpse in the bathtub later that night.
I actually laughed at that.

I've been spending too much time on these boards :/
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 06:05   #43
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Oh and the "I've finally had sex" thread shouldn't be too far away, since i asked a girl out to the pictures last night Go Me!
Sorry about bumping this thread, but don't ruin the potential life altering moments (that you may cherish the rest of your life and forever remember fondly) by ****ing up, like every other young dingbat, your first few relationships by trying to fulfill some socially and peer implanted need to have sex.

I'm telling you that if you make these things turn out miserable, you will *never* get over the pain it will cause you. Avoid it. Learn it from others, don't experience it. Just let the sex happen when it happens. No need to rush it. Sex is overrated anyways.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 06:33   #44
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Now this thread has bumped I'll put my two cents in to say FF7 is mind-bogglingly awful. Depressingly linear, shallow boring characters, shitty repetetive combat system and childish simplistic story-line. I played through FF7 but found the experience to be tedious beyond belief.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 06:46   #45
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
true, but once you had it, strategy was meaningless. well except against emerald weapon, where you had to use Hades too. and match Final Attack to Phoenix just in case.
This is an absurd criticism, since you could only get it after you had essentially completed the game, and even then, you had to dedicate many hours exclusively to acquiring it.

Last edited by Nodrog; 13 Jul 2005 at 06:57.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 07:11   #46
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I stopped using summons (Guardian Forces in FF8), since most of the time my characters hits were better. Doom train was about the only GF I used with regularity. FFX was nice, since you got to actually fight as your summon...(err, aura?)
Aeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toccata & fugue
Halo is just button bashing
nah its 'hold left button down and move' more then button bashing

Quote:
The one nice thing about FF7 I really likes was the battle square, where you got successively weaker with each round, so even if you really tooled yourself up at the beginning, you still often had a fair challenge.
Agreed, though sometimes luck played a part in the reels for what handicap you got.
it was a pain to have ribbon, then get an accessory break reel :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrog
This is an absurd criticism, since you could only get it after you had essentially completed the game, and even then, you had to dedicate many hours exclusively to acquiring it.
iirc you could breed chocobos on disk 2, therefore could have gotten it at any point on it. though there aint really much on disk 3 other then the final fight so i suppose you're sorta right.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:44   #47
Nodrog

I've not played FF7 for ages, but iirc you cant get the good nuts until you have the highwind, and I think theres a couple of other things you need. The North Cave stuff on the last disc is all thats really left.

It also takes a very long time to breed good chocobos, so much so that I didnt bother about any of it and I loved FF7.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:48   #48
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I've not played FF7 for ages, but iirc you cant get the good nuts until you have the highwind, and I think theres a couple of other things you need. The North Cave stuff on the last disc is all thats really left.

It also takes a very long time to breed good chocobos, so much so that I didnt bother about any of it and I loved FF7.
I think the best part is when the windy swings attack the forest flange. When the trampy frogs go after the best garden though, thats scary; although if you have the fatty friends then it becomes easier to beat the bronze nonce.

I didnt think it took too long to breed the chocobos, it was when i tried to flummox the dread chair then it got really hard.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:07   #49
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
if you have the fatty friends then it becomes easier to beat the bronze nonce.
is this REALLY in the game and not just something you made up to take the piss out of RP'ers?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:09   #50
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
is this REALLY in the game and not just something you made up to take the piss out of RP'ers?
It's in the game, but you have to do the secret quest of reverse cowgirl to unlock the comfy pillows and then the sweaty cavern becomes playable.