User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Jun 2005, 18:26   #101
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jackson Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Close, take the **'s out.
Thanks. Next time I will.
dda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 18:35   #102
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
It's just that a large percentage of the time, not only in this thread but also in the other 24 years for accessory one, Yahwe and DDA are talking to each other. That's what gave me the idea. :/ It's not soo far fetched you know. Otherwise I would have never known that it was Yahwe.
You are really going to piss Yahwe off. I don't think he will like my comments being mistaken for his. Please do not enrage him more. Please! Please! Please! For the sake of humanity don't do it!

I tried making a comment on the Cookies thread but it seemed to die out. I feared I had killed it.

I would have commented on JohnnyBGoode's going to America except I didn't notice it untli after he had left. I had some, near to Santa Barbara, suggestions but then if he has friends there they would already know about it.

How would one go about establishing that they are not a gimmick account? That I am not Yahwe. Oh, I admit that as a lawyer I often think of myself as a god but that's just an occupational hazard.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 18:37   #103
dda
USS Oklahoma

Yahwe

If you go back to the complained about unquoted message, I believe I have edited in conformity with your wishes.

DDA
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 19:17   #104
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda

[Different verdicts are possible depending on the make up of the jury. That is why jury selection is so important.]
surely you can't believe this?
jury selection is only important to ensure the lack of corruption in a jury, 2 juries which lack any fundamental bias or biggotry will reach the same conclusion on a trial.

this is why we've almost completely phased it out and find it utterly bizzare that you lot turn them into celebrities

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
[In America, to waffle is to keep changing sides on an issue. To be succinct on a complicated topic may also be uninformative. It is difficult to enter into a discussion without clarifying the premises. I think I have some basic differences of opinion with you but have not been able to gain enough insight to be sure what those differences might be.}
so you waffled because you didn't know what you wanted to say in the hope that i would waffle back and we could then piece together some sort of conversation?

i'm not mocking that style, but it is the opposite of how i would act, and it seems out of character for a lawyer. its more like small talk at a party

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
[You tend not to engage in any real dialogue. It is because it is may be logical but it is not very informative as to the thought process which produced it.]
i wasn't trying to teach you my thought processes.
my apologies if you were trying to learn them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
[To have thrown the case out either before or at "halftime" the judge would have had to decide that the jury could not, as a matter of law, believed any of the witnesses presented. To do so would have been an arrogant exercise of power. I would have found that equally disappointing.]
we have different tests.
ie. if the prosecution evidence was so weak that no jury properly instructed could convict

on the evidence i've seen (most of it comes from those tacky 'court reconstruction' shows where out of work actors read the transcripts bady) i'm pretty sure a british judge would have thrown it out on that ground. of course that is only ever supposition

what's not supposition is that a british judge would have binned the whole case the minute a british prosecutor talked to the press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
[I didn't need to say anything at all. However, if I was going to venture an opinion, it seemed polite to clarify what I was disappointed about.]
i'm not very polite, it comes from being lazy and only typing with one finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
[On this we agree.]
good

PS on the quoting thing, practice with making something bold, italic or underlined you'll notice it all follows the same basic principle of square brackets and /'s. the only reason i typed [**QUOTE] was to explain to you without it actually 'quoting', the ** should be removed

PPS oh and i meant to ask if you are married
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 23:11   #105
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
You are really going to piss Yahwe off. I don't think he will like my comments being mistaken for his. Please do not enrage him more. Please! Please! Please! For the sake of humanity don't do it!

I tried making a comment on the Cookies thread but it seemed to die out. I feared I had killed it.

I would have commented on JohnnyBGoode's going to America except I didn't notice it untli after he had left. I had some, near to Santa Barbara, suggestions but then if he has friends there they would already know about it.

How would one go about establishing that they are not a gimmick account? That I am not Yahwe. Oh, I admit that as a lawyer I often think of myself as a god but that's just an occupational hazard.
You're a gimmick in the worst way.
Unread 16 Jun 2005, 23:30   #106
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You're a gimmick in the worst way.
Being new to the neighborhood, why are folks so concerned about gimmick accounts?

If you need some sort of confirmation as to my reality, for whatever reason, you can see me having a similar discussion, to the one I have had here, about Annika Deasy at http://battleangel.org/blog/item/1504
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 00:15   #107
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Being new to the neighborhood, why are folks so concerned about gimmick accounts?
]
Fear of being made a fool of.

'haha, you replied to my gimmick account, rofl lolzor I rockz'
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 00:23   #108
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Folks aren't concerned. It's just s|k who suspects you for some reason. You don't have to confirm/prove anything. He's not the gimmick police, and he doesn't speak for us all.

No offence intended s|k, as I think you're usually a quality poster, but you're almost certainly wrong on this. Good new members are rare and should be encouraged, not alienated. As for "you're a gimmick in the worst way" , how can you possibly justify that?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 00:28   #109
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
As for "you're a gimmick in the worst way" , how can you possibly justify that?
I think by "in the worst way" he meant he was easily sussed, although I may be wrong. Obviously, this is wrong, because the actual worst way would be to forget to log out and post something supposedly by the gimmick in the 'normal' account or vice versa.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 02:26   #110
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i watched runaway jury the other day, now with these solid facts from the movie i am almost certain MJ bought the jury!
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 02:42   #111
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
As for "you're a gimmick in the worst way" , how can you possibly justify that?
I was just being dramatic, in order to bait Yahwe. Kind of like in A Few Good Men, when Tom Cruise is baiting Jack Nichelson.

"DID YOU ORDER THAT CODE RED?!"
"YOU GODDAMNED RIGHT I ORDERED THAT CODE RED!!!!"

I guess I he could have responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe/dda
I'm a damn good gimmick and don't you forget it!
Guess it wasn't working. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I thought maybe Yahwe was on the verge of a mental breakdown, and it was like that movie with Richard Gere and Edward Norton where he's got multiple personalities and the benign one was warning us that his evil side was about to explode.

Maybe I watch too many movies. Not trying to alienate anyone. Anyhow, I never denied that his posts were good. :/

Last edited by s|k; 17 Jun 2005 at 02:49.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 03:51   #112
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Jackson Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Possibly because we seem to see more gimmicks than new accounts. :/

Perhaps at some level though we're all gimmicks.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 10:01   #113
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

there are so many levels on which s|k's continued belief that i am dda is funny.

Last edited by Yahwe; 17 Jun 2005 at 11:37.
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 12:34   #114
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Perhaps at some level though we're all gimmicks.
That's very profound. If I could be bothered I'd stick it in my signature.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 18:34   #115
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
surely you can't believe this?
jury selection is only important to ensure the lack of corruption in a jury, 2 juries which lack any fundamental bias or biggotry will reach the same conclusion on a trial.
Surely I do.
Finding one person without a bias or biggotry is difficult finding 12 almost impossible. You try to balance the biases and get rid of the biggots. I have picked a few hundred juries and talked to them afterwards, seldom is the outcome preodained even in seemingly simple cases. I once had a trial that lasted 6 hours. It took the jury 12 hours to reach a conclusion. Their reasoning made it clear that the decision was in doubt for quite awhile. The Jackson jury debated the facts and law for 7 hours.

Quote:
so you waffled because you didn't know what you wanted to say in the hope that i would waffle back and we could then piece together some sort of conversation?

i'm not mocking that style, but it is the opposite of how i would act, and it seems out of character for a lawyer. its more like small talk at a party
Just interested in different views based on different backgrounds and experiences. Helps me pick good juries.

Quote:
]i wasn't trying to teach you my thought processes.
You succeeded.

Quote:
The evidence i've seen (most of it comes from those tacky 'court reconstruction' shows where out of work actors read the transcripts bady) i'm pretty sure a british judge would have thrown it out on that ground. of course that is only ever supposition
Knowing the source of someone's information helps me to weigh their opinion. However tacky the reconstruction, it is still far superior to the "experts' on tv.

Quote:
what's not supposition is that a british judge would have binned the whole case the minute a british prosecutor talked to the press.
I don't know about throwing cases out for such conduct but agree that it should be severely punished regardless of which side is doing it.

Quote:
PS on the quoting thing, practice with making something bold, italic or underlined you'll notice it all follows the same basic principle of square brackets and /'s. the only reason i typed [**QUOTE] was to explain to you without it actually 'quoting', the ** should be removed
Oh!

Quote:
PPS oh and i meant to ask if you are married
My wife said I shouldn't answer this part.

Last edited by dda; 17 Jun 2005 at 18:39. Reason: screwed up
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 18:55   #116
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Surely I do.
Finding one person without a bias or biggotry is difficult finding 12 almost impossible. You try to balance the biases and get rid of the biggots. I have picked a few hundred juries and talked to them afterwards, seldom is the outcome preodained even in seemingly simple cases. I once had a trial that lasted 6 hours. It took the jury 12 hours to reach a conclusion. Their reasoning made it clear that the decision was in doubt for quite awhile. The Jackson jury debated the facts and law for 7 hours.
it's a misnomer.
juries still remain a mystery to you. american jury selection just seems to waste an awful lot of time and prolong trials unnecessary
not that i'd mind if i could add an extra few weeks/months to a trial (we're self employed you see and get paid by the day)

but at the end of the day, jury selection gets you no where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Just interested in different views based on different backgrounds and experiences. Helps me pick good juries.
see it consumes your life. wastes your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
You succeeded.
i hope you don't mean that you understand my thought process
you'll not need to talk to me anymore and s|k will only get more paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Knowing the source of someone's information helps me to weigh their opinion. However tacky the reconstruction, it is still far superior to the "experts' on tv.
i'm a lawyer, the transcripts were the only thing i'd trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I don't know about throwing cases out for such conduct but agree that it should be severely punished regardless of which side is doing it.
we do it because we believe it is more important that 9 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man gets convicted.
media speculation and attention corrupts the independance of the judicial process. so our judge would bin the trial and then charge the wasted costs to the idiot who gave the press briefing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Oh!
see. i knew you'd get it.
these techies and computer chaps can be beaten by logic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
My wife said I shouldn't answer this part.
there's 'something' about you.

you're far too happy to be a prosecutor (warning of bias)
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 19:46   #117
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
there's 'something' about you.

you're far too happy to be a prosecutor (warning of bias)
When I got my job as a prosecutor, I would probably preferred to be a public defender. However, it was a question of taking the job that was available or filing for bankruptcy. Once I became a prosecutor I found that under the American system, at least as practiced in my county, the prosecutor had the most ability to try and do the right thing.

If I think there is something rotten about a case, I can simply dismiss it. I have done this numerous times. I have also refused to file cases that seemed flawed.

This, in my opinion, is the problem with the Jackson case. The elected DA apparently did not exercise his discretion in the Jackson case. Even if he thought there was enough upon which to file, he should have called in the Attorney General's office to handle the case and make all decisions as his were going to be suspect because of his own apparant biases.

Thus, since I only have to handle cases in which I have some faith, it is easy to remain cheerful. That and the thought of a rather nice pension in a few years.
Unread 17 Jun 2005, 19:59   #118
Yahwe
I am.

ahhhhhhh that actually sounds perfect.

we invented our CPS (clown prosecution service) so that it would act like that. instead all the people attracted to the cps are too cowardly to ever take a view on anything and are too much in awe of the police force.

what happens now is that every allegation is prosecuted because of a fear of "what the papers might say if something were to happen". so our prosecutors get no personal discretion

lacking that they tend to try and convince themselves that it's ok because the police are right and everyone really is guilty. it's led to massive loss of work days from cps workers being 'depressed' and half of the service is now fueled by prozac.

I agree that the jackson case was not a good example for you, but i dare say over all your prosecution service is doubtless far better than ours. the real change for me is that my defendants have gone from being happy they were found not guilty to angry that they had to go through a trial process at all when it was so bloody obvious they were innocent but no prosecutor was brave enough to drop the case.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 04:57   #119
s|k
Caveat Lector

dda, I would never be able to be a prosecutor. Send people into suffering for violating the 'law.' And what is the law? Rules set down by politicians. Politicians are dense partisan fanatics, duplicitous forked tounge demagouges, squabbling for influence and power. Half educated nitwits, weak hearted hypocrites, Brobdingnagian fools. Such smarmy uncutous spiritless bastards are the enemy of humanity.

Rules set down along racial and religious lines in some cases, and pernicious precedent and foolhardy tradition overide common sense, justice, and humanitarnism. How can anyone sit there and say this is wrong and that is right and you must listen to me or suffer? Democracy is rule of the idiots, elections become popularity contests, nobody knows the issues or ****ing cares because they're just going to vote the way their under educated angry father tells them to vote.

How can anyone say they know truth to the point that they are willing to take it upon themselves to go and enforce it on others. Do you actually believe in society? You don't see that's it's built on the backbones of horrible suffering of the helpless? Prosecution and police are the flagbearers of a system so far from anything remotely resembling justice that I find it despicable. Where is the humility in your profession? The tolerance? The reconciliation?

I would die from sickness of the heart were I to even try to undertake such employment.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 05:43   #120
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
dda, I would never be able to be a prosecutor. Send people into suffering for violating the 'law.' And what is the law? Rules set down by politicians. Politicians are dense partisan fanatics, duplicitous forked tounge demagouges, squabbling for influence and power. Half educated nitwits, weak hearted hypocrites, Brobdingnagian fools. Such smarmy uncutous spiritless bastards are the enemy of humanity.

Rules set down along racial and religious lines in some cases, and pernicious precedent and foolhardy tradition overide common sense, justice, and humanitarnism. How can anyone sit there and say this is wrong and that is right and you must listen to me or suffer? Democracy is rule of the idiots, elections become popularity contests, nobody knows the issues or ****ing cares because they're just going to vote the way their under educated angry father tells them to vote.

How can anyone say they know truth to the point that they are willing to take it upon themselves to go and enforce it on others. Do you actually believe in society? You don't see that's it's built on the backbones of horrible suffering of the helpless? Prosecution and police are the flagbearers of a system so far from anything remotely resembling justice that I find it despicable. Where is the humility in your profession? The tolerance? The reconciliation?

I would die from sickness of the heart were I to even try to undertake such employment.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My next trial is a man who murdered one of his house mates by taking an axe and whacking said house mate in the head a few times with said axe. He did this in front of the house mates eight-year old child. I could give a sh*t about reconcilliation with the assh*le. That's my opinion. Certainly you wouldn't engage in the tyranny of trying to deprive me of my opinion?
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 08:33   #121
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Not your doing I assure you. While I'm keen to contribute to the GD boards, I'm not generally known for making quality threads. As such most of what I make is doomed to an early retirement on the scrap heap.

On a multi-cultural board such as this it's hard to find subject matter that appeals to everybody. Though I figured cookies had at least a reasonable chance given our gluttony lends us to desire things of a sweet nature. I probably could have posted about chocolate with much the same result, but I just happened to be thinking of cookies at the time.

btw, for information on how to use special tags and what they all do you can't really get much more comprehensive than the help section of these boards, specifically try:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 09:40   #122
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My next trial is a man who murdered one of his house mates by taking an axe and whacking said house mate in the head a few times with said axe. He did this in front of the house mates eight-year old child. I could give a sh*t about reconcilliation with the assh*le. That's my opinion. Certainly you wouldn't engage in the tyranny of trying to deprive me of my opinion?
I think you're making said story up, because said story would be all over the news. So you lie. Your point is pretty thick, I'd didn't you'd be so dense to throw something so obvious at me. An axe murderer cliche, what a joke.. When (fictional) axes and chopped heads and eight year old victims are involved right and wrong seems pretty clear doesn't it. Did they teach you that in law school? I really thought you might have been a prosecutor for a second there.

Oh, also, American's don't call their roomates 'house mates.' American's don't use the word 'mate' much at all. GG.

Last edited by s|k; 18 Jun 2005 at 10:19.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 10:25   #123
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I think you're making said story up, because said story would be all over the news. So you lie. Your point is pretty thick
It's actually irrelevent if the story is true since there clearly are murders.

Yes, laws are made by politicians / precedent and many of them are unjust. However, this does not mean there is a notion of justice which underlies many rules. Murders, rapes, etc - these things are rule. And yes, I should hope any human being worthy of the name would want to "enforce" this onto others.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 10:49   #124
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
You mean he is a suspect?

Innocent until proven guilty right?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 12:03   #125
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Oh, also, American's don't call their roomates 'house mates.' American's don't use the word 'mate' much at all. GG.
this paragraph made my head explode.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 15:32   #126
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Yes, laws are made by politicians / precedent and many of them are unjust.
errrrr???

how many exactly are 'unjust'?
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 16:32   #127
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
errrrr???

Unread 18 Jun 2005, 16:34   #128
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I think you're making said story up, because said story would be all over the news. So you lie.
Your doubt in this doesn't bring Larry Giaccavoni back to life. Nor, will it help James Campbell get out of jail. The crime happened in January, 2003 but because of various problems of a technical nature the trial hasn't occurred yet. He pled guilty at one point and then requested to be able to withdraw his plea and was allowed to. He has gone through 4 attorneys so far and now has requested to represent himself at trial.As to the use of room mate it was a shorter and more understandable pharase than "he killed his girlfriend's, sister's husband at a time when they were all living together in the same house with their 5 collective children." 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I really thought you might have been a prosecutor for a second there.
Really? That's great! If I sent you my bosses e-mail address would you tell him? He still has his doubts.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 16:42   #129
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
You mean he is a suspect?

Innocent until proven guilty right?
In the eyes of the law, yes. For the jury at the begining of the trial, yes. However, if I had any doubt personally, I would dismiss the case. Can and would do that.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 16:44   #130
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

argin' it.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 16:58   #131
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What the **** are those?
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 17:00   #132
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

U+0003

Alias names:
• END OF TEXT
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 17:01   #133
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
errrrr???

i would post a predictable reply about unjust laws, but you all know what im going to say anyway.

so ill just give you a few bananas and you can reply to what i would have posted anyway:

one more

Unread 18 Jun 2005, 17:04   #134
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

If you believed a person was in fact an automaton, and then beheaded it, and you then found out you'd made a mistake, "justice" would call you a "murderer" when in fact you were just a warrior for humanity much like Buffy.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 17:06   #135
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
U+0003

Alias names:
• END OF TEXT
I can't posrep you Quey so I'll just tell you straight.

You're hot.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 17:12   #136
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
As to the use of room mate it was a shorter
You didn't say 'roomate.' You said 'house mate.' You know what, I'm not going to acknowledge your presence anymore. You're a waste of my ****ing time. You have fun being a moron.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 17:16   #137
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

ITT s|k loses it.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 17:21   #138
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You didn't say 'roomate.' You said 'house mate.' You know what, I'm not going to acknowledge your presence anymore. You're a waste of my ****ing time. You have fun being a moron.
Are you related, by any chance?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 17:23   #139
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
When exactly did your prozac prescription expire? Did the bad voices come back?
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 19:07   #140
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Heh, that thread is comedy. Imagine if people hadn't riled him up and some of them might have said 'yes' to such an angry fellow.
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 19:54   #141
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You're wasting your own time you simpleton.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 20:03   #142
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

since when did s|k lose the plot and become an angsty teen?
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 20:11   #143
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

frunny thread went on far to long
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 21:10   #144
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You're wasting your own time you simpleton.
Jump me
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 21:20   #145
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

****ing hell slk this is the craziest anyones been since the stalking pete doherty guy. dda might or might not be a gimmick, regardless as the commie would say it doesn't matter as long as hes a good poster (which he is).
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 21:38   #146
Yahwe
I am.

yeah s|k stop getting so nparanoid about me, i'm just a deputy district attorney from california. i already told you i stumbled onto the forums because of that swedish murderer
Unread 18 Jun 2005, 21:43   #147
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
yeah s|k stop getting so nparanoid about me, i'm just a deputy district attorney from california. i already told you i stumbled onto the forums because of that swedish murderer
That's really quite good. I wish I had thought of it. Wait a minute! I did.
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 00:14   #148
s|k
Caveat Lector

18 Jun 2005, 12:38
18 Jun 2005, 12:43

I am brilliant.
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 00:18   #149
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
****ing hell slk this is the craziest anyones been since the stalking pete doherty guy. dda might or might not be a gimmick, regardless as the commie would say it doesn't matter as long as hes a good poster (which he is).
You never saw me on my xantos rant. :/

Now that was pathetic. I have my ups and downs.
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 00:20   #150
Yahwe
I am.

and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you damn kids!!!! (shakes fist)

(aside to everyone else: "oh my god")