User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Aug 2008, 11:50   #1
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold
Ally def system / Report button

I suggested this in beta when the alliance def system was discussed rounds ago.. but no idea on whether it is going to be acted upon.

Basically for what i would say is the majority of alliances in pa there isnt much use for the alliance def system in game since they have their own tools and reporting done via irc. Is there any chance of the current system in place (using the report button) being linked to these out of game tools? making the report button actually meaningful. I was stuck in a bollocks gal last round after many exiles and they couldnt seem to understand between all 13 of them that simply clicking report wouldnt help my cause one bit when i had inc.

It would actually be a really beneficial addition to pa in my eyes but i have no idea on how it would be implemented (you would even get to see what fleets are defending as a dc without having to jgp it). My only idea would be to have a dump for each ally produced which can then be parsed by their tools...but then again security would be a problem im guessing.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2008, 13:30   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ally def system / Report button

I suggested this as well at the time. As far as I'm aware there were certain security issues with how the information would be sent out. We actually use the ingame system a bit in ascendancy, it works fairly well for our sort of thing where we just give everyone equal access to that sort of thing and they organise it if they want.
Unread 6 Aug 2008, 14:52   #3
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

im wondering whether there is the possibility to allow alliances tools to login to a somewhat limited account where it can parse reported calls from the ally def page. The account would then be their sole responsibility, if the details are leaked and their security breached its their own fault? like i said before though, i got **** all idea on web technology etc but i do feel there are ways of getting over the issues as to be honest such a system would just be as important as hiding member co ords list and other intel.

I feel there is just potential there for a system which you appear to find useful in ascendancy to become just as useful for other alliances. It would definitely be a welcomed feature atleast
Unread 6 Aug 2008, 15:08   #4
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point

I like this idea. This would definatly help the people that either have bad luck in exiling or are too lazy to sort a decent bp up.
Unread 6 Aug 2008, 16:19   #5
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Why should alliances get an advantage over solo players in being able to receive incoming reports?

If you give alliances external access to reported incomings then you're giving them an advantage over solo players. Whilst I actually agree with the idea, you should also be giving the option for the owner of the planet to receive the same report as well.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2008, 16:29   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
Whilst I actually agree with the idea, you should also be giving the option for the owner of the planet to receive the same report as well.
You mean when he logs on and realises he has incoming?
Unread 6 Aug 2008, 21:34   #7
Munkee
Dictator

Quote:
Why should alliances get an advantage over solo players in being able to receive incoming reports?

If you give alliances external access to reported incomings then you're giving them an advantage over solo players. Whilst I actually agree with the idea, you should also be giving the option for the owner of the planet to receive the same report as well.
errrr.. wtf... no idea what you just said. How are alliances getting the upper hand over solo players? reporting inc is already a feature of the game. This is just a method of reducing the need for irc activity in order to report it.
Unread 7 Aug 2008, 18:55   #8
smith-

smith- is an unknown quantity at this point

Easy way to implement:

PABot

Game messages PABot, PABot messages an alliance's designated defbot.

Keep it within IRC, so DCs dont have to keep updating a webpage to check for new incomings.

Edit:

Def relay bots are already commonplace on IRC, so setting one up shouldn't really be an issue at all. If all your sending is the incoming information to the alliance's defbot, it should still appear as if you'd copied and pasted it in IRC. I know PATeam are busy and that, but surely this should be a piece of cake?

Also, having the ingame report tools interlink with IRC will also stand to encourage new alliances/players to make use of Netgamers.

Last edited by smith-; 7 Aug 2008 at 19:01. Reason: afterthoughts...
smith- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2008, 19:10   #9
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Seriously, did you smoke something stronger that you can take before posting this?

Dont you think alliances allready have an advantage over the solo players.

"Play for galaxy" days are long gone.
Unread 7 Aug 2008, 19:38   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith- View Post
IRC suggestion
That would flood out the bots in question every tick.

Quote:
Whilst I actually agree with the idea, you should also be giving the option for the owner of the planet to receive the same report as well.
Sure, why not. A text service shouldn't be too hard to set up, and it could be available for both solo and alliance players. For a price, of course.

Some limitations should be put in place so you don't get 40 text messages when an alliance decides to go all out on you, but the idea sounds good to me, and would encourage a move toward the mobile market.

"'Bing bong bingely beep, you have eta9 incomings from 1:1:1"
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2008, 19:55   #11
smith-

smith- is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That would flood out the bots in question every tick.
Take it you mean PABot? Would be no different for alliance defbots...

Quote:

"'Bing bong bingely beep"
That's my ringtone