User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 Jun 2008, 18:23   #1
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Revolution

It would be wise to slowly move away from the concept of 4 rounds per year as the MAIN source of entertainment and revenue. Once again I humbly ask those interested to pick at the very successful ConquerClub.com. I know the games are very, very different, and that implementation of their concepts here would be as hard as them trying to implement ours. But, INgenuity, Necessity, and imitATION are the parents of innovation. You gotta keep up with relevant modern trends if you want to survive!

THE IDEA:

(1) Lets put more effort to develop better speed games.

(a) Let us come up with a system that allows players to sign up at any time of the day and within 10 minutes play a 1 hour or 2 hours speed game, from start to finish.

(b) As time goes by, we will add different types of speed games to the available roster of games to play. For example, there can be team games (2 v. 2, 5 v. 5, 50 v. 50, etc), there can be solo games, there can be terminator games, there can be different galaxies games, different goals games, etc, etc

(c) all players got to do is log in, find a game waiting for players or start a new one, wait until enough people have sing up, and play, win or loose, and have #s of points added or deducted from their account.

(2) This does not mean we should abandon the long-all inclusive round concept. In fact, I believe the big rounds would greatly benefit from having its same players playing a multitude of concurrent speed games. Rank wise, politics wise, fun wise, income wise, etc

(3) Lets once and for all implement the passport system or whatever you call it nowadays. Lets keep track of EVERY player's performance, for all times... WHY? WHY don't we have this yet?

(a) Every player will earn/loose points for every game they play based on formulas/concepts to be developed.

(b) Additionally, players should be rewarded with specific medals, recognizing specific skills and achievements, i.e., speed player, economic mastermind, XP warrior... And levels within each category, bronze, iron, silver, gold, etc

(c) Make sure everyone has ready access to the table of ranks. Make sure everyone is tempted to do better (and be recognized for doing so). And, make it so as the numbers never get lost. A system that perpetually keep tracks of players. If I want to take a year break, fine, I should be able to do it and comeback next year and reopen my account and have my historial saved, ready to be improved.

(4) Income wise

(a) With a passport, I should be able to buy what I want.

(i) If I want an all inclusive account for 1 year, then I'll pay X, and that much would give me the right to play anything and evrything I want.
(ii) If I want to buy a bunch of limited credits, then I should be able to do so. And spend them as I want. 1 here for a speed game, 3 here for a tournament game, 10 here for a long-round game, etc..
(iii) If I just want to pay $1 to play this week only 3 speed games. I should be able to do so.
(iv) etc, etc, etc

Last edited by Aedolaws; 16 Jun 2008 at 02:41.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2008, 18:50   #2
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice
Re: Revolution

None of it will ever happen.

Next idea

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2008, 19:04   #3
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road

I know. Old habits are hard to kick, thats why I called it 'revolution' (which are usually unsuccessful). Worth a shot tho. I already stopped playing PA, but I am still in love with my 1st mpog. It pains me to know it dying.

Last edited by Aedolaws; 15 Jun 2008 at 19:09.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2008, 19:51   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I hate to be all negative and shit (I do!), but I'm with Vladel on this one. The idea is good, but it's not going to happen.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2008, 22:02   #5
Phil M

Phil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the roughPhil M is a jewel in the rough

The only way you're going to get a revolution is to dump the current PA Team and get some new people in who are willing to improve the game instead of just keeping it running.

It's sad really, seeing people come up with good suggestions, but we all know that they'll never be implemented.
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2008, 12:26   #6
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

I'd hardly call it a revolution, but I do agree that speedgames should be quick and easy to sign up to, as well as being more diverse.

Planetarion should be a brand for slightly different gamesets, all going along the same basic tick based space game formula. Instead Planetarion seems to be stuck in a rut with the main game being paid for and the speedgame being offered for free.

More effort needs to be spent in trying to get current and recent customers into trying these games. There must be at least 1,000 players playing the main game, try and get them involved as much as possible instead of just quietly running a single speedgame.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2008, 14:57   #7
Osidiradadumpf

Osidiradadumpf can only hope to improve

A couple of short speedgames that takes one or two days to play would be good. Especially when an normal game is running.. It would be a good way to help a new player HOW to play an game.. Instead of waiting 72 hours before he finishes up the protection period and some two or more days before he is seriously into the attacking mode.. you could show him how to play within severall hours.

In the last couple of rounds I have taken severall new players under my wings.. but the fact that you need to stretch your lessons in severall days is not really helping.
Osidiradadumpf is offline   Reply With Quote