User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Apr 2008, 18:27   #1
Kenny

Galaxy disbanding...

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but then hey - it probably got brought up and ignored if at all.

If we're not gonna get rid of this crap galaxy disband feature, can we at least change it so that only ministers can start the vote?
Unread 20 Apr 2008, 07:41   #2
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough
Re: Galaxy disbanding...

I frankly dont mind it, as long as the galaxy is active enough, it will be stopped before it happens.

Though it would make sense if only the ministers could start it so that there is no annoying message you would have to vote on day after day.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2008, 08:49   #3
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

only ministers starting it would be a good idea - assuming that they are active.

i would personally like voting to limited to planets that have been in the galaxy for X ticks. too often have i had a disband stopped by people exiling around or being new sign ups.
Unread 20 Apr 2008, 12:36   #4
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

It is the most annoying thing ever... The option needs to be limited to some level of galaxy members or can be available for few times only.

Also if self exile didnt exist and people worked on helping the galaxy get on feet and organized instead of running, we wouldnt need any disband votes at all.
Unread 20 Apr 2008, 14:27   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sometimes there's precious little to organise. My gal for example is in the bottom 10% of the universe, but we do have a galaxy channel, and defend each other regularly. Yet, we stop disband votes almost every day, started by people who have never been on IRC with us.

In that light, it would seem that a large part of the use of the galaxy disband feature is not motivated by the fact that a galaxy is inactive, but by a desire to avoid paying exile costs.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2008, 19:53   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bumped for next round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2008, 11:18   #7
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I tend to agree that the gal disband is only really needed because of the self exile, this round my gal had a fair few decent players and was not doing too badly until one of them decided to exile because we did not organise our gal defence at 02:00 but instead waited until things were eta 5 (yup he was american so I guess its more understandable)
anyhow we had 3 out of 6 active players in the gal exile and plunged to about 70th in rank and have on and off been able to disband ever since.

I am sure that if those players had been willing to stay and try to make the gal work then while we would not have been a top gal we would have done ok. Looking at the gal fund we have had quite a few decent players exile in and immediately exile straight out again. If these players had been willing to stay the gal disband function would be less necessary.

perhaps players should be forced to stay in a gal they have exiled into for a certain period to get to know and help a gal, this might help prevent the rush for the exit so meny gals get!

As to the function overall it is to prevent ppl from being stuck in really bad gals which is understandable, any decent players who try to get roids and value get attacked every day - often over and over by the same top players - that is really depressing! (and is in that way more useful than self exile which seems to just be there to allow players to move around to find a gal they like)

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2008, 11:47   #8
Osidiradadumpf

Osidiradadumpf can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji
I tend to agree that the gal disband is only really needed because of the self exile, this round my gal had a fair few decent players and was not doing too badly until one of them decided to exile because we did not organise our gal defence at 02:00 but instead waited until things were eta 5 (yup he was american so I guess its more understandable)
Yeah, i understand that feeling all to well. I also had an decent gall, untill we were attacked very early in the round.
Two of our planets decided to exile out... and we never recovered.

I really don't understand why people really insist on organizing defense if the first wave of an galraid shows up.
Share the intell you got (Incommings scan, Au's etc) and wait untill the situation is more clear..

Anyway, what also might be nice is to have an "cool off" period after an failed disband.. If your disband vote is rejected you can't start a new one untill (lets say) 24hours are passed??
Osidiradadumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2008, 12:05   #9
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osidiradadumpf
Anyway, what also might be nice is to have an "cool off" period after an failed disband.. If your disband vote is rejected you can't start a new one untill (lets say) 24hours are passed??
yup that seems a good idea, I would also like to see a cool off period between self exiles, as it would 1, mean that ppl are less likely to exile unless in a very bad situation as they would not want to be stuck in a worse gal for say 48 hours and 2, mean that ppl have to get to know the gal's they otherwise just pass through in a matter on mins... they might decide they like them and stay

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2008, 12:24   #10
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji
Looking at the gal fund we have had quite a few decent players exile in and immediately exile straight out again. If these players had been willing to stay the gal disband function would be less necessary.
I think this is a separate issue which also needs addressing.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote