User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 31 Mar 2008, 22:57   #1
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Incoming Report

If anyone cares the report tool in the galaxy screen doesnt work, worked on one planet but then stopped working on another 2.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2008, 02:03   #2
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Incoming Report

yep same with my gal, and I am pretty sure it is not due to being tagged or not because the one who has his incs marked as reported is in the same alliance as me and I dont think he is in tag yet! while others who I think should be in tag it is not showing as reported... seems wierd!

possible I may be totaly wrong tho about tags etc tho

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2008, 02:10   #3
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

im hc so im tagged and it still doesnt work. nm we werent using it anyway, was just interested.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 1 Apr 2008, 02:12   #4
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

hehe ok it shows as reported on a n00bie in my gal who is definatly not in an alliance, it must show as reported when U report incs on someone who is not yet tagged but not show when they are tagged LOL!!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2008, 08:19   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

o.O

I'm sure it was working :|
I'll try and sort this out tonight - I dont have server access earlier

Last edited by Appocomaster; 1 Apr 2008 at 08:25.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2008, 09:03   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

update - it was working on beta, but I'd performed a fix to fix this bug and not updated the live server.
Apologies I'll get someone to copy this over as soon as possible.

BTW, it's not a strict "those who it doesn't work for are in alliances"
Unread 1 Apr 2008, 11:39   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

fixed; thanks to Cin. There were other issues than the ones I pointed out
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 12:35   #8
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

ITS HORRIBLE. Delete it.

Or at least make it so it can be switched off for certain alliances. I delete them every hour as we cannot use it, and then it simply just gets re-reported. You have to do every single report one by one. Make it so you can set them all to ignore or something.

Really don't want this stupid "YOUR ALLIANCE HAS NEW INCOMINGS REPORTED" thing on top of every page constantly!!
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 13:09   #9
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Really don't want this stupid "YOUR ALLIANCE HAS NEW INCOMINGS REPORTED" thing on top of every page constantly!!
Agreed.

Also, a global update button would be nice, instead of an update button for every incoming.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 13:17   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Agreed.

Also, a global update button would be nice, instead of an update button for every incoming.
My god please I sell my soul for that
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 13:31   #11
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

I think Asc is not functional now anymore if you have to use ingame-deftools....
You lost your biggest strength... Munin :lol:

@topic: Yes, a function to deativate it would be good. Or at least an option to access the reported fleets with your own tools...

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 13:33   #12
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The issue is the constant YOUR ALLIANCE HAS NEW INCOMINGS REPORTED at the top of my screen during the night.
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 14:21   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From the lips of the Great One himself:

2008-04-02 14:13:55 <@Munin> **** you Lockhead, I'll take on Cabeza anytime!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 14:28   #14
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Personally (i'm not hc'ing anything) I can understand why hc's find it very annoying.
There should be a function to turn it off if your ally chooses not to use it.

Tbh the only real function I see in this is that galaxy members can see when they come online what has been reported, what new incs haven't been reported.
Though it comes down to trusting your galmates to actually have reported it when they click on the report button.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 14:34   #15
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
couldn't agree more :crymeariver:

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 14:36   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Though it comes down to trusting your galmates to actually have reported it when they click on the report button.
It gets reported when they click the report button.
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 14:46   #17
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

SpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The issue is the constant YOUR ALLIANCE HAS NEW INCOMINGS REPORTED at the top of my screen during the night.
If you change the status from Reported to say Open or Covered, that message goes away.
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 14:59   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
If you change the status from Reported to say Open or Covered, that message goes away.
I AM NOT DOING THIS SEVENTY TIMES A NIGHT JUST SO I CAN AVOID WANTING TO KILL MYSELF WHEN I LOOK AT PA. END OF DISCUSSION.
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 17:12   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

I'll look at this tonight or so.

Unread 2 Apr 2008, 17:46   #20
[DDK]gm

If the system reported the incoming to our bots/tools we would use it, would be great not having defence channels, but the tools that have been created by alliances are infinatly better as they are used for intel etc.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 18:56   #21
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I AM NOT DOING THIS SEVENTY TIMES A NIGHT JUST SO I CAN AVOID WANTING TO KILL MYSELF WHEN I LOOK AT PA. END OF DISCUSSION.

About right. And thank you Appoco. It really really needs to have an option to turn it off, or to mark all is covered or something.
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 20:33   #22
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

maybe there should be an option to turn off these messages too then:
Your galaxy has an exile vote running.
Another planet in your galaxy has incoming!
the exile one after you've voted, and the incoming one after you've viewed galaxy status? i.e. i don't see why the other one is 'so annoying'..
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 21:19   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
maybe there should be an option to turn off these messages too
Sounds good to me.
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 23:19   #24
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Sounds good to me.
Done
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 23:27   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

All praise be to allah!
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 23:37   #26
[DDK]gm

Thankyou appocomaster
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 3 Apr 2008, 08:01   #27
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Is this an individual setting, or an alliance-wide one?
Unread 3 Apr 2008, 09:54   #28
Appocomaster
PA Team

alliance wide for now - I didn't have time to do anything else last night.
Unread 7 Apr 2008, 12:42   #29
Osidiradadumpf

Osidiradadumpf can only hope to improve

Well, what I don't understand why should we press REPORT?? Just give an option to automatically forward the information to the DC?? There are a lot of tools available for IRC reporting in which you only need to paste the galaxy overview and its get automically forwarded to the defencechannels.. By making an reporting automatically you can make life easier for smaller affs who don't have the real knowhow to create defence channels
Osidiradadumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2008, 13:44   #30
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Having the manual report button, rather than automatically reporting any incoming, at least means that someone has to be online to actually report new incoming hostiles. Thus, some sembalence of activity and in-gal co-operation (eg, xyz reports my incs, i'll report his) or whatever, is important. Otherwise no-one would be online at key times in order to send defence: a problem that many DCs know about since the advent of prelaunch.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2008, 15:54   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I dislike the ingame system as it's implemented now. Personally, I prefer my incomings to end up on IRC, where they can be parsed and put into a bot of sorts, rather than in the ingame alliance defence overview which nobody notices.

If there would be a way for reported incomings to be forwarded to IRC, I'd be happy forever.
Unread 7 Apr 2008, 23:13   #32
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I dislike the ingame system as it's implemented now. Personally, I prefer my incomings to end up on IRC, where they can be parsed and put into a bot of sorts, rather than in the ingame alliance defence overview which nobody notices.

If there would be a way for reported incomings to be forwarded to IRC, I'd be happy forever.
This is exactly the opposite of what I like. I want to play PA using in-game tools, not external tools.
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2008, 23:20   #33
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematician
This is exactly the opposite of what I like. I want to play PA using in-game tools, not external tools.
imo the PA team needs to add a lot of flexibility to the attacks and defence page before it can be usable. bcalc function, parser, intel, history. What did i forget?
Unread 7 Apr 2008, 23:42   #34
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:

the problem is that the external tools can be adjusted to suit the alliance, and have been, they are (we are) used to being able to adapt things as a good plan for a change that makes life for the battle commander easier occurs, the ingame tools will never do that, or will be rounds behind the external alliance tools, because they are unlikely to make anything that gives them an edge public.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2008, 00:43   #35
Mzyxptlk
mz.

What Mistwraith said. I see no reason for PA Team to waste valuable coding time on things we already have.
Unread 8 Apr 2008, 01:05   #36
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
...rather than in the ingame alliance defence overview which nobody notices.
not saying that i like the whole report function, because i don't, but if the option wasn't toggled to not show a message to people with access to the page in the alliance when a new fleet was reported - i'm sure people would notice it from the big red message across the top of the overview.
Unread 8 Apr 2008, 08:17   #37
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Personally, I'm more active on IRC than ingame. Instantaneous communication and whatnot.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 8 Apr 2008 at 09:18.
Unread 9 Apr 2008, 01:44   #38
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Quote:
The problem with this is that PA Team never seem to develop the in-game tools far enough to become great and useful. At times it seems like the bare minimum is done to implement a feature.

More effort needs to be put into creating a quality product instead of something which is acceptable enough for people not to complain.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2008, 14:42   #39
Osidiradadumpf

Osidiradadumpf can only hope to improve

Quote:
What Mistwraith said. I see no reason for PA Team to waste valuable coding time on things we already have.
I have been playing in gals in which we had automated reporting .. you paste the overview to the bot and he does the rest.. Fleetcathces are reported as fleetcathes.. People could add incomming scans and bcalcs.. and when you logged on to PA, you also checked the IRC channel and you could clearly see the waves which needed deff.

I also played in gals which had nothing (not even an IRC channel)..

What is happening is those who are playing in gal-1 (with all those nice bots) are doing much better then those who are playing in gal-2.. Meaning that gal-2 is a prey for people in gal-1.

Whenever i see an gal without an IRC channel, i make sure to get away.. Which is probably the commen response from most of the more active players.

We *need* to have a way so that new players who reach an certain level (after attacking the bots in 1:1 or piggying up attackers inside the gal) aren't going to be slaughtered by the less-lucky active players who play their sixth round or so.. and with the introduction of joining later and getting into an gal with buddies the chances of them actually going into an noobish gal are gowing downhill.
Osidiradadumpf is offline   Reply With Quote