User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 29 Oct 2007, 08:35   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Creation of a"warp zone" for late starters

It would be nice if people starting later than PT 72 could be placed in a special part of the universe... a "warp zone" where their own first 72 ticks would be faster (15 minute ticks for example... 1 min ?). At their 73rd tick they would be integrated into the real universe.
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 10:07   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Creation of a"warp zone" for late starters

Interesting option, it should be optional though.
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 16:43   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

A simpler option would to simply allow new planets that start late to come out of protection any time they want. So they can take the full 72 ticks if they wish, or under the preference screen opt out of protection.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 17:18   #4
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

It might be easier to just start off new planets with constructions and bits of research according to how late they sign up into the round and lower the protection time accordingly.

Those of us who sign up at the start don't mind waiting 3 days to get going before we're combat ready, but a new player might not be quite so patient. Anything to get a genuine new user into combat as soon as possible might help.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 19:33   #5
Monroe

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
It might be easier to just start off new planets with constructions and bits of research according to how late they sign up into the round and lower the protection time accordingly.

Those of us who sign up at the start don't mind waiting 3 days to get going before we're combat ready, but a new player might not be quite so patient. Anything to get a genuine new user into combat as soon as possible might help.
This already happens, but late starters are still given the 72 ticks of protection to allow them to get organized.

#strategy
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 20:32   #6
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve

i actually like the faster ticks approach..ne thing to get new players into the game asap has gotta be a good thing

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 20:38   #7
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
This already happens, but late starters are still given the 72 ticks of protection to allow them to get organized.
Where is the documentation for this? I either sign up early or not at all so I haven't seen anything.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 20:39   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't, everyone should be playing the same game. Also, the early ticks in protection are a good chance for new players to meet their galaxies.

If you want to be out of protection quickly, let's create an option for you to exit it sooner (assuming you sign up after tick 72).
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 21:47   #9
Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Where is the documentation for this? I either sign up early or not at all so I haven't seen anything.
I don't believe it is documented anywhere public, the formula that was in use in r22 is as follows, I'm not sure if it has been modified since then so don't hold me to these values:
Metal / Crystal / Eonium:

5000 each up until tick 24
after that 5000 + 250*(number of ticks passed)

Metal / Crystal / Eonium ROIDS:

0 up until tick 24:
then integer value of (number of ticks passed/20)

Research:
0 until:
tick 300: level 1 of each research
tick 600: level 2 of each research
tick 900: level 3 of each research

Basically the idea is to give people a leg up, but not to give an advantage for signing up late. This formula is also used for planet resets, so you don't get stuck with a 0 planet upon a reset.

#strategy
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 17:34   #10
puss
ASS HC

puss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
It would be nice if people starting later than PT 72 could be placed in a special part of the universe... a "warp zone" where their own first 72 ticks would be faster (15 minute ticks for example... 1 min ?). At their 73rd tick they would be integrated into the real universe.
Sounds great where can i sign up - i can do the 72hours no sleep in 72mins at tick 73 and not have to book off the start of round from work

maybe it would need to be an option after tick 200 or something so that it doesn't become an advantage to start late?
puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2007, 06:57   #11
arc

arc is an unknown quantity at this point

no 72 ticks of waiting before galaxy can exile please :/
R17 #15 1:2:12 Howling Rain Zik
R20 #10 15:6:8 Destiny Zik
R21 #32 18:5:2 Conspiracy Zik
R22 #13 10:5:8 Jenova Zik
R23 #32 9:5:5 eXilition Zik
R24 #5 5:4:4 Conspiracy Xan
R26 #33 8:3:7 NoX Zik
R28 #3 2:10:8 Äscendäncy Etd
arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2007, 11:10   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's there for a reason.
Unread 2 Nov 2007, 18:23   #13
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I do have to say that this 'rolling start' thing is bullshit. Last round I signed up at PT 480ish and got the first of each of my researchs done and the ability to initially initiate up to 200ish roids as my huge starting bonus for starting just about half-way through the round. I could'ave done two to three times as many researchs during that time period had I actually played the planet myself. There was very little incentive for me to continue to play and I was very discouraged for the most part. I was then told that if I'd have waited about 20 ticks before signing up (till PT 500), I would'ave had the whole *next* tier of researchs done (which would then take me hundreds of ticks to complete due to this "rolling start" being more like a stairway start.

It sucked, and was pretty shitty, man.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2007, 01:34   #14
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
A simpler option would to simply allow new planets that start late to come out of protection any time they want. So they can take the full 72 ticks if they wish, or under the preference screen opt out of protection.

You can be taken out of protection at any time and that has been allowed for ever.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2007, 02:26   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh? This is new to me.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote