User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 13:30   #1
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
In game editors

I've just noticed that atm planetarion has 2 different ways of inputting text.

The galaxy forum uses that flashy editor that is like a small version of word.
And the other stuff like message from the commanders, mail, ... still uses the older style of inputting text with tags.

My suggestion is to use only 1 method, the editor from the forum.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 14:24   #2
Kenny

Re: In game editors

I disagree. The editor from the forum is a pain in the arse, and it's made the ingame forums incompatible with mobile phone browsers.

I -->much<-- preferred the old system as it was easy to use and there was none of this messing around.

I don't play planetarion so I can make posts on the ingame forums that have varying pretty fonts and different sizes... To me it's an unneccessary hassle.

I do however agree there should be one system for all, but believe it should be the system still used by the 'message from commanders' option.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 15:05   #3
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

The forum editor should be improved and then it should be used elsewhere.

The idea of it is nice, but it looks ugly with the default skin. There isn't any way to disable it if you like typing out code the usual way.

I'd guess that most people these days are used to typing forum code. The TinyMCE editor is good but I'm not entirely sure if using it for what it supposed to be a light forum is actually useful.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 17:27   #4
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
I disagree. The editor from the forum is a pain in the arse, [...] I -->much<-- preferred the old system as it was easy to use and there was none of this messing around. [...] I do however agree there should be one system for all, but believe it should be the system still used by the 'message from commanders' option.
Full agreement with Kenny: Old style ftw!
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 20:01   #5
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 06:21   #6
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio
not to mention that its like pulling teeth trying to paste scans, incoming lines, etc into the new editor while making them look presentable and make sense. what you see is not what you get.
Unread 14 Jan 2008, 15:05   #7
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii
not to mention that its like pulling teeth trying to paste scans, incoming lines, etc into the new editor while making them look presentable and make sense. what you see is not what you get.
I think this all makes a clear case for the removal of the editor in favour of the old style forums.
To quote a wellknown Dutch company: "Sense & Simplicity". That is exactly what is needed here, in my opinion.

o/
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2008, 14:23   #8
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

I agree with the other posters regarding the ingame forum editor, it can be a right pain in the **** when composing your posts, and most posts end up with numorus "editted by ..." at the end because the first time you submit the post the formatting is not what you expected.

One system for the entire game, makes more sense. Keep it simple and people will be more happy using it.