User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Jul 2007, 09:28   #1
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough
Scanning

Over my many years of playing PA I have always had great admiration for scanners for reasons that don’t need explained.

Good/reliable (On 24/7 ;p) scanners are a dying breed and this is affecting the game in a negative way IMO.

My suggestion is that the scanning element can become part of the alliance set up/tools in game.

The alliance would have the ability to build wave amps in a central pool for scanning, and have the ability to build security centres to protect them. The build cost will come from the alliance fund.

In game tagged scanners would be able to scan for the alliance from the alliance page.

I would make it slightly more expensive to do it this way compared to having a normal traditional scanner for those who what to keep the old option of being a scanner for their alliance.

There also could be a weighting put on cost of building amp/sec centres with respect to alliance ranking with in the universe, and with respect to the number of people in the alliance. EG: Higher cost to build amps if you are ranked one with 70 players, than ranked 10th with 40 players.

The option of covert oping alliance amps would be built in for the individual but not at the strength we currently have (Again needs tweaking)
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 17:40   #2
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: Scanning

I sort of like the idea, but instead of applying it to alliances why not apply it to galaxies?

What I would like to see is some sort of galaxy relay planets for scanning. All planets in a galaxy could have the option of using the research of a scan planet along with the amps, however the cost of it could be doubled and the strength of the amps could be halved. So if I don't have any amps or scan research I could use a galaxy planet which has 40 amps and it would work as if I had 20 amps.

Fleet analysis scans would be blocked from relaying for obvious reasons.

It still means that dedicated scanners would be cheaper and more effective, but it gives an option to galaxies to share the resources of a scanner.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 05:51   #3
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Won't comment about the actual idea, but I do like using it for galaxies instead of alliances better.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 07:28   #4
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

well, its always nice to have scanners in your galaxy (and they're USUALLY exiled cause they're small), but if you limit it to galaxies - and yours doesn't get a scanner... is the "ally scanner" going to get closed for scanning for you when he's in another galaxy? would put an even worse spin on this whole "support planet" thing thats going around..