User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Nov 2006, 16:21   #101
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: admins handeling of ticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
I'd point out there this an entire department of PA team whos sole existence revolves around dealing with the community on issues like this so that the 'coders don't get distracted.' Not only does the department base their work around it, but it is a fundamental plank as the try to build the game up moving forward.

This, along with the last tick failure, was a perfect opportunity to proactively make some sort of announcement about what happened, why, and what was being done about it. Instead - neither the forums nor the precious portal were utilized, people were confused and, ultimately, upset.

It's a poor reflection on the admins and it didn't have to be.
To be fair dude, #planetarion was split on three servers and the forums were down.

What they needed is everyone to simply say 'HOLD ON' and wait to see what happened.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:08   #102
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Just to make you aware guys. Firstly at the time the game went down many of the PA Team were offline (I know I was and I assume others were too), Kloopy made a portal announcement at what I assume was the first available opportunity. All members of the PA Team do have the access to post announcements to the portal (not always to the forum) and to set the topic in #planetarion.

However if we are not online at the time things occur our response time will not always be the greatest, we make every effort to make sure that one or more of us can be contacted at the first available opportunity (mainly by the fact that the whole support team has our personal mobile numbers so we can be contacted in emergencies).

We are currently in the process of writing up a set of guidelines and policy which, when completed, will be posted on the portal as an announcement for all to see. We are doing this in consultation with the group known as the "Planetarion Reps" (this includes; the support team, the portal team, the ops team, the moderators, the beta team and anyone helping with development.). As soon as this document has been completed I will be sure to make it available to the community as a whole.

On behalf of the PATeam

This has been crossposted on the thread called "rollback" also.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 22:50   #103
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

if I had the time, i'd love to point out everytime Robban has contradicted himself in this thread. it's honestly MIND BLOWING.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 23:21   #104
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The game is currently inaccessable while we restore the 8.30 GMT backup. The game will be reopened at 8 GMT tomorrow (Wednesday, 8th November), and ticks will continue from 9 GMT.

Sorry for the problems caused.

The PA Team

There will be alot of fleets which will die 2morrow. Not all are able to check in that 1 hour...

It would be alot better if people could login now, and recall / send out shit if they cant be on at that given time.

I wonder how I will manage to sort my shit 2morrow

my phone sucks at pa :/

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 00:20   #105
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abort
if I had the time, i'd love to point out everytime Robban has contradicted himself in this thread. it's honestly MIND BLOWING.
well aparently you care enough to post in this tread hun

i do posts to express my opinion on various matters no to do an essey or go with the flow as some jerks do, which one are you?

about this rollback i cant say yet as i cant get an opinion if its ok or not but generally i think, rollback -> fleets recalled
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 00:21   #106
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

I'm with Wishmaster on this, let people sort things out atm, no need to turn the ticker on. I aswell have a schedule for tomorrow and my wednesday schedule is different from a tuesdays schedule, I adjust my launchtimes etc to that schedule and now it's fux0red. I understand it can happen, but don't needlesly let people suffer due to a technical error.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 00:27   #107
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg
but don't needlesly let people suffer due to a technical error.
So what about just letting people send 24 hours worth defence fleets while the ticker is down? Shouldn't needlessly let people suffer due to a technical error.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 00:28   #108
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Idd, all fleets should be recalled while a rollback.

Best solution, altough it sucks for those who were "through" on their target.

Though its better if someone dont get roids 1 night, than if people loose their entire fleet because they cant be on for 1 hour...

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 00:29   #109
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
So what about just letting people send 24 hours worth defence fleets while the ticker is down? Shouldn't needlessly let people suffer due to a technical error.
How about restricting it to a recall? As in if you wish to recall you can.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 01:01   #110
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Slightly hopeless however you do it tbfh. There are people who prolly cant be around when tick opens again. People who were to attack tuesday, but couldnt on wednesday etc etc, I think that when stopping the game this long a full fleetrecall is honestly the only option that "satifies" properly.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 01:08   #111
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Slightly hopeless however you do it tbfh. There are people who prolly cant be around when tick opens again. People who were to attack tuesday, but couldnt on wednesday etc etc, I think that when stopping the game this long a full fleetrecall is honestly the only option that "satifies" properly.
Don't be absurd. That doesn't come close to satisfying someone with an uncovered attack eta 4 or less.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 01:22   #112
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Allow people with a fleet out which is ETA 5 or higher the option of an instant recall? I'm not entirely sure how balanced this would be though. This way all the attacks which are undefendable (ETA 4) can still go ahead, those who will get defence can instantly recall and attack again.

I'm not entirely sure of the consequences of this, but to me it seems better option.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 01:34   #113
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
How about restricting it to a recall? As in if you wish to recall you can.
Yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Allow people with a fleet out which is ETA 5 or higher the option of an instant recall? I'm not entirely sure how balanced this would be though. This way all the attacks which are undefendable (ETA 4) can still go ahead, those who will get defence can instantly recall and attack again.
No?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 01:35   #114
rain

rain can only hope to improve

Representative thread for these forums.
You gotta turn every thread into a circus. 'Here we have robban vs everyone else. On ally discussions we have kargool vs wakey.' Popcorn anyone?
Trying to prove something with those insults towards robban? Or do those make you better men than he is? Nah, this is obviously the place where everyone can insult everyone and I bet most of you love doing it. It's what turned these forums into this shit.
One thing's for sure. Admins(the ppl in charge of PA) did it again. One year ago or so I tryed some online game similar to PA(I was actually dragged into playing it by some friends). Everything went well till game went down. It was ok the first time, got through and kept playing. The second time it happened me and most of my friends playing, we quit. Sadly, as at that time our ally was ranked #1. Months later I found out that game came back on round was over with winners and all. Yes, some ppl didn't stop playing. Same here. Some ppl will never quit. But like robban said, you're not the community, you're only a small part of it(ignore the insults btw, he's robban ). Unless my math sux and 100=2000. You seem to be good at math, you'll figure it out. PA IS losing members every round. And these ''crashes'' ain't helping. Do it fcking manually one planet at the time, out of one tag and added to the other tag, if you're not sure it's gonna work. Announce in advance that game will be down for 10 minutes(go wild, make it an hour and pause it), impact won't be the same as now, when game is unaccessible for one day and ppl who dont check forums or dont use mirc have no idea wtf is going on. THOSE ppl are posible quitters and I bet some of them stopped playing PA after todays incident(not the first one this round). Losing ships in attacks, more than usual losses, will also occur, and guess who are they gonna blame. For the right reason really, some of those who will get fcked up in the morning wouldn't have the same faith in normal conditions.
Sadly, shit happens.

Last edited by rain; 8 Nov 2006 at 01:41.
rain is offline   Reply With Quote