User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Oct 2006, 20:49   #51
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: admins handeling of ticks

while i am aware that it was my fault that i lost ships during this 'crysis', i will say that robban does have a point.
and nadar, it was the going out and having a life that actually cost me the ships, as i went out at around 12 (ofc i was nerd enough to stick around for ticks to start) and got back oh well....too late!
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 21:46   #52
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
while i am aware that it was my fault that i lost ships during this 'crysis', i will say that robban does have a point.
and nadar, it was the going out and having a life that actually cost me the ships, as i went out at around 12 (ofc i was nerd enough to stick around for ticks to start) and got back oh well....too late!
You mean you couldn't decide whether to land or not during those 26 hours? The recall button still worked you know. It's quite irrelevant that you went out at 12:00 and not at e.g. 09:00 as you could recall at both those times.
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 22:27   #53
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
You mean you couldn't decide whether to land or not during those 26 hours? The recall button still worked you know. It's quite irrelevant that you went out at 12:00 and not at e.g. 09:00 as you could recall at both those times.
you really are a stupid bat m8, as usual you missed the point and only post drivel in this tread

thing do happen between 11;00 and later in the day and you cant be online all the time (f.ex you have to move shit after 1 or 2 ticks) but if it dont tick as said and no expanation is given why.

and no i dont talk about first tickstop you fool,here its the second one
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 22:33   #54
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
you really are a stupid bat m8, as usual you missed the point and only post drivel in this tread

thing do happen between 11;00 and later in the day and you cant be online all the time (f.ex you have to move shit after 1 or 2 ticks) but if it dont tick as said and no expanation is given why.

and no i dont talk about first tickstop you fool,here its the second one
So there were TWO tick stops?

OK, two tick stops and people STILL managed to crash their fleets. Now that's a job well done to whoever managed to do it.

It's easier to blame someone for your own **** ups rather than blaming yourself. Those of you who actually did the masterpiece of royally scr*wing your own fleets didn't happen to think about pulling your fleets, did you?

oh and robban1, I'm trying my best to not be rude and insult you, but my fingers can't help themselves now: You're a royally screwed drama queen whos only mission is to whine about every single detail that doesn't go as expected. Stop your ****ing shit posting and ****ing insulting of others and you MAY (just MAY) be accepted on these forums one pretty day.
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 22:38   #55
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
So there were TWO tick stops?

OK, two tick stops and people STILL managed to crash their fleets. Now that's a job well done to whoever managed to do it.

It's easier to blame someone for your own **** ups rather than blaming yourself. Those of you who actually did the masterpiece of royally scr*wing your own fleets didn't happen to think about pulling your fleets, did you?
well as you aparently is a retard i say like this, i have a fleet eta1 returning and hostile incommings eta2 and i rearange my day so i can be online the the ticks start but i cant sit in front of comp all day just cos some admin thinks its ok to start the ticks 1h 45 min later for fun

edit: nadar if you got any problem understanding what i say here in any way pls pm otherwhise shut it

Last edited by robban1; 28 Oct 2006 at 22:43.
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 22:51   #56
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
well as you aparently is a retard i say like this, i have a fleet eta1 returning and hostile incommings eta2 and i rearange my day so i can be online the the ticks start but i cant sit in front of comp all day just cos some admin thinks its ok to start the ticks 1h 45 min later for fun
That's a situation most people did not end up in and you could be forced to be unavailable for sending fleet away at other times aswell, e.g. when you have to reach a bus, plane or school for that sake. And if you actually worried when the ticks would start again, you could go bugger a PaTeam or PA support-member and at least ask if they had an idea. Did you? Probably not.

Also, this is a game, so ****ing take it as one. Electronics, codes, you name it, screws up now and then, and so does humans. But your imbecile brain probably can't understand that either.
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 22:54   #57
robban1

Quote:
That's a situation most people did not end up in and you could be forced to be unavailable for sending fleet away at other times aswell, e.g. when you have to reach a bus, plane or school for that sake. And if you actually worried when the ticks would start again, you could go bugger a PaTeam or PA support-member and at least ask if they had an idea. Did you? Probably not.

Also, this is a game, so ****ing take it as one. Electronics, codes, you name it, screws up now and then, and so does humans. But your imbecile brain probably can't understand that either.
asumptions is the mother of all ****ups nadar
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 23:02   #58
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

The ticks were not started 1 hour and 45 minutes later just for fun. They were started as soon as the code was fixed, which was done as quickly as possible to get the game up and going.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 23:17   #59
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

edit: nadar if you got any problem understanding what i say here in any way pls pm otherwhise shut it
To be honest robban you were just unlucky. In general if tick stoppages are going to occur that are less than 80 minutes it's attempted to get the ticks back up as soon as possible. The code was fixed as soon as possible. It's just never going to be perfect unfortunately
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 23:36   #60
robban1

well the fact that the ticked it at 45 instead of 00 says how stupid they there they could inform at 45 the ticks was fixed and we start up again this and and that time but no they had 2 options and chosed wrong as usual

oh btw i have tried to pm dudes since the first tickstop and aparently i am on ignore with all pateam so they can go to hell
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 23:51   #61
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
aparently i am on ignore with all pateam
Can't say I blame them
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 00:08   #62
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
But your imbecile brain probably can't understand that either.

OMG! someone used the word brain when describing robban
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 00:39   #63
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough

Wasn't there a topic here once? I don't understand why the ticker would ever tick at 45 not 00 as i would assume it would be logical to always tick at 00 to avoid confusion but i can understand that pateam were probably quite busy with the problem at the time.

Robban just out of intrest if you can see all the ways in which pa is wrong why dont you sign up to join the pateam i think theyd probably like your input. Its a bit much to criticsie the people who are keeping this running when theyre doing it for you on no salary and all they get is abuse you should just be thankful they do it for you
Dom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 00:45   #64
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

that would be true were his criticism constructive in any way. It isnt - its just "omg this sucks" over and over , plus he's quite unpopular with a substantial chunk of the community so isnt exactly a prime candicate.
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 00:51   #65
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
that would be true were his criticism constructive in any way. It isnt - its just "omg this sucks" over and over , plus he's quite unpopular with a substantial chunk of the community so isnt exactly a prime candicate.
life is a bitch right? btw i will never apply for the team
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 00:52   #66
Dom32

Quote:
But surely you would want to let him try and point out his solutions or is he just full of useless ideas which brings me right back to dont moan about the way its done unless your willing to step up and help
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 00:57   #67
Dom32

Quote:
life is a bitch right? btw i will never apply for the team
If you have no intrest in applying for pateam then you surely cannot keep on insulting everything you do without being a massive hypocrit so that brings me back to yet again stop complaining without coming up with a suggestion or doing something to help the guys out
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 01:01   #68
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom32
But surely you would want to let him try and point out his solutions or is he just full of useless ideas which brings me right back to dont moan about the way its done unless your willing to step up and help
him - no.
more competant people who actually know what they are on about - yes.
( btw i was in pateam a few rounds back, ive done my share of helping )
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 01:13   #69
Dom32

Quote:
him - no.
more competant people who actually know what they are on about - yes.
( btw i was in pateam a few rounds back, ive done my share of helping )
Sorry i think i didnt make that last post very clear i was referring to robban as the person who should step up and try to help not you (you make constructive posts). Dont know who robban is or what he does so i cant comment on that.

Back on topic i think that a standard procedure would be nice for when ticks stop but thats living in a dream world they really cant have a standard procedure imo as the circumstances change each time
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 01:40   #70
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

To clear up what happened when ticks were resumed:
At 11:00 GMT (as announced) the ticker started ticking. (473)
It then crashed again.

It was then fixed with "no known ETA" being posted on the Overview page and in the #planetarion topic, since until we knew what was wrong we didn't want to give an estimate.

At 12:40 GMT the tick that was started at 11:00 GMT (473) completed (no-one was able to do anything in game between these times)
At 12:50 GMT the decision was made to postpone the next tick (474) to 14:00, as opposed to 13:00 due to numerous requests from the community that 15-20 minutes was not a fair amount of time to deal with everything that had been launched during the previous downtime.

All time changes were announced via the motd, and the topic in #planetarion, with the exception of completing tick 473 at 12:40.
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:16   #71
robban1

All time changes were announced via the motd, and the topic in #planetarion, with the exception of completing tick 473 at 12:40.

did i say anything else other that the 12 45 stuff?
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:21   #72
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Since no-one was able to do anything between the tick starting at 11:00 and completing at 12:40(ish), announcing precisely when it would happen was not necessary.
Suffice it to say that we completed tick 473 at the earliest opportunity.
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:26   #73
Markb
PA Team

Markb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the rough

The ticker froze part way in tick 473 at 11am, half/a third/whatever of the game was still on tick 472 and the rest on 473 so the game had to be ticked manually when they had resolved the problem so that all of the game was on tick 473.

I can't complain about the way the situation was dealt with, there had to be a balance between being fair to everyone and getting the game ticking again.
Markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:39   #74
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Since no-one was able to do anything between the tick starting at 11:00 and completing at 12:40(ish), announcing precisely when it would happen was not necessary.
Suffice it to say that we completed tick 473 at the earliest opportunity.
that is bs and you know it, fix the ticker, annunce a new tickstart have a cup of tea and restart after a set time how hard can it be?
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 02:41   #75
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
that is bs and you know it, fix the ticker, annunce a new tickstart have a cup of tea and restart after a set time how hard can it be?
i tend to have more faith in the views of someone who knows what they are on about, over that of a forum troll
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 13:11   #76
robban1

Quote:
i tend to have more faith in the views of someone who knows what they are on about, over that of a forum troll
hallelulja m8
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 17:00   #77
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
well the post wasnt adressed to you in the first place but you are the only one who thought you was important enough to reply
Someone had to call you on your bullsh*t...

The moment you start slandering people that really don't deserve it, using flawed knowledge which you seem to be abundant with, making yourself look all high and mighty and all knowing despite not having a single clue... is when I hop in and start defending those who I think actually give a damn about the game.

voodoo and mac have both expressed their opinion whilst being civil, and said opinion is generally appreciated. They got the short end of the stick unfortunately, and I really do feel it's unfortunate that some people got hooped because of it. I haven't seen them calling PA-team n0b0s, stupid, and any other god-awful atrocities that you attempted to use earlier.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 00:10   #78
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Someone had to call you on your bullsh*t...

The moment you start slandering people that really don't deserve it, using flawed knowledge which you seem to be abundant with, making yourself look all high and mighty and all knowing despite not having a single clue... is when I hop in and start defending those who I think actually give a damn about the game.

voodoo and mac have both expressed their opinion whilst being civil, and said opinion is generally appreciated. They got the short end of the stick unfortunately, and I really do feel it's unfortunate that some people got hooped because of it. I haven't seen them calling PA-team n0b0s, stupid, and any other god-awful atrocities that you attempted to use earlier.
now let see, slandering vs pateam which i think handeled it wrongly was wrong? and if so who am i supposed to complain too?

flawed knowlage? right i based my post on appoco suggestion that i thought was made praxis do to the form of his and other admins posts in that tread.

yes you hopped in defending ppl who i addressed with this post who didnt even bother to reply on their own, they are after all the guys who runs the show and i thing i deserve a pely from the and not some wannabe from support

finally i didnt do this tread on my own behalfe as i wasnt affected at all,

but as i care about the game i want the admins to do the same instead of hideing and not give out vital information about why the tickstart was carried out then it was.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 00:35   #79
Markb
PA Team

Markb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the rough

The tickstart was carried out an hour and ten minutes after the problem was fixed, after people complained that 10 minutes was not enough time to request defence
Markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 02:16   #80
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
now let see, slandering vs pateam which i think handeled it wrongly was wrong? and if so who am i supposed to complain too?
See... this is actually a constructive post. boy is it ever. Where the hell was this one thread page ago?! I'd almost pos-rep you for this one. (Seriously. Not being a smart ass here.)

Try biffy. Try a very civil question in #support, not an accusatory one, but one wanting more information than a "why the fk didn't you do this" for example.

Quote:
flawed knowlage? right i based my post on appoco suggestion that i thought was made praxis do to the form of his and other admins posts in that tread.
I wasn't referring to this in particular. More the earlier posts in which you implied coding PA was a simple thing to do.

Quote:
yes you hopped in defending ppl who i addressed with this post who didnt even bother to reply on their own, they are after all the guys who runs the show and i thing i deserve a pely from the and not some wannabe from support
First up, I'm not a wannabe. I was a multihunter last round, and decided to hop out due to RL commitments {school, work, blah, etc}. I wouldn't *want* to join PA-team right now, as I really don't think I'd have the patience to deal with the junk some of them are forced to deal with daily.

As for why noone replied... Good question. Perhaps more important things are being dealt with right now {no offense}, that or they didn't see this thread as a priority. Is that a good way for admins to deal with things? Arguably no. But, is it a completely necessary thing to do? Well, I see a load of rants on the WoW forums that never get answered by blizz reps. Some are civil and perhaps do deserve responses, and others are just bordering on harrassment. Same situation really... why aren't the blizz ones responding to each and every one that comes along?

You called PA coders a bunch of n00b coders unable to handle simple things, and you called a support staff a n0b0 along with several other rude comments. I don't give a damn about those comments directed at me, but why would a person want to subject themselves to unconstructive posts such as your earlier ones?

Quote:
finally i didnt do this tread on my own behalfe as i wasnt affected at all,

but as i care about the game i want the admins to do the same instead of hideing and not give out vital information about why the tickstart was carried out then it was.
Fair enough. That's a fair thing to ask, and I hope those higher up will try and get some more information out in the future about things that happen in the game and what players can expect shortly thereafter.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 14:52   #81
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

robban dude you need to understand that just because it was "badly handled" in your eyes, it probably wasn't in lots of other people's.

There's no 100% correct answer in these situations. The team have to make a decision in a relatively short amount of time that they think will damage the least amount of players. There'll always be some who feel it was the wrong decision, but it's the majority they have to look out for.

You just don't notice all the decent decisions they make because, as far as you're concerned, that's just their job. You only notice the ones that affect you negatively. It's the same for everyone.
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 16:34   #82
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
robban dude you need to understand that just because it was "badly handled" in your eyes, it probably wasn't in lots of other people's.

There's no 100% correct answer in these situations. The team have to make a decision in a relatively short amount of time that they think will damage the least amount of players. There'll always be some who feel it was the wrong decision, but it's the majority they have to look out for.

You just don't notice all the decent decisions they make because, as far as you're concerned, that's just their job. You only notice the ones that affect you negatively. It's the same for everyone.
soon you say it a hard job too?
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 20:45   #83
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

If you gentlemen are ready to put down your handbags and stop the personal attacks, I believe what robban is so undiplomatically trying to put forward is that it would benefit the game and players to have a set of rules that state what will happen in certain situations and that those rules are adhered to. And he is correct...
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 21:38   #84
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Those rules, or "Guidelines" i think they were called, actually exist. They were developed last time we had a major problem (with -ve ships, i seem to recall ), and they effectively ended the incidence of refunds and arbitary rollbacks and the like. I think the guideline might have already been posted in this thread or elsewhere (by appoco), but i'm not going to look atm .

And, afaik, the guidelines were actually adhered to this time.

But you're right. Besides, who dares to argue with an Empress with that many shoes?!
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 21:47   #85
robban1

well first stop um ok, it was the second one i got problems with how it was done
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 15:01   #86
Shadow1980
Search Engine Specialist

Shadow1980 is infamous around these partsShadow1980 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
well first stop um ok, it was the second one i got problems with how it was done
It is a pity you can't get your point across in a civil and constructive manner. You had a point somewhere deep down in the chaotic mess you are presenting but due to the rather anti-social manner of presenting your point, you have lost any support you could have possibly gained.
I suggest whilst some people take a step back, chill and just absorb the criticism, you spent your time on learning how to communicate with other human beings.
Shadow1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 12:30   #87
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow1980
It is a pity you can't get your point across in a civil and constructive manner. You had a point somewhere deep down in the chaotic mess you are presenting but due to the rather anti-social manner of presenting your point, you have lost any support you could have possibly gained.
I suggest whilst some people take a step back, chill and just absorb the criticism, you spent your time on learning how to communicate with other human beings.
well it doesnt matter if i do constructive posts in all senses in pa forums you know. i got red dots and therefor im a troll to ppl eyes and my posts doesnt count.

the stuff that piss me off is the arrogance our admins have showned in the actions they have made, cudos to them
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 13:19   #88
Nadar
I see you!

You got red dots because you're acting shit on the forums. If you wrote your threads/posts in a civil and constructive manner, you'd be accepted by most people (even those who'd disagree with you).

"So what, people won't take my posts serious due to the red dots", you say. Well, you dug your whole all by yourself and I'll admit you'll have a tough time getting out of it, and I doubt there's anyone willing to send down a ladder or a rope.
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 14:45   #89
Shadow1980
Search Engine Specialist

Shadow1980 is infamous around these partsShadow1980 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
well it doesnt matter if i do constructive posts in all senses in pa forums you know. i got red dots and therefor im a troll to ppl eyes and my posts doesnt count.

the stuff that piss me off is the arrogance our admins have showned in the actions they have made, cudos to them
Most people judge you on a post by post basis. This means if you would post a constructive, civilised point which people agree with, you might get some positive karma.
I've got positive karma as well as negative, it is the way things go and it is how the system goes. Nobody is perfect and yes, some people are tw..s. But overall if you don't behave in a rude and uncivilised manner, you should end up with positive karma. Even after your current.. struggle.

Besides for that, karma is hardly a reason to stop trying normal manners. 'getting red dots' is hardly a reason to start being rude and simply forget about any netiquette.

If you are indeed pissed off with the admins, which you seem to be, I am sure there are more constructive and civilised ways of showing this, without attracting the wrath of most of the community.
In the end you know, you are the only one getting upset by your actions so you are the one who would benefit most by trying to post in a more constructive manner.
That is, if you are at all interested in getting people's attention and/or support.
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 15:01   #90
robban1

Quote:
Most people judge you on a post by post basis. This means if you would post a constructive, civilised point which people agree with, you might get some positive karma.
I've got positive karma as well as negative, it is the way things go and it is how the system goes. Nobody is perfect and yes, some people are tw..s. But overall if you don't behave in a rude and uncivilised manner, you should end up with positive karma. Even after your current.. struggle.

Besides for that, karma is hardly a reason to stop trying normal manners. 'getting red dots' is hardly a reason to start being rude and simply forget about any netiquette.

If you are indeed pissed off with the admins, which you seem to be, I am sure there are more constructive and civilised ways of showing this, without attracting the wrath of most of the community.
In the end you know, you are the only one getting upset by your actions so you are the one who would benefit most by trying to post in a more constructive manner.
That is, if you are at all interested in getting people's attention and/or support.
wraths from what community? its the same 10-20 forumgeeks lurking around here anyway. its hardly a community :/
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 15:32   #91
Shadow1980
Search Engine Specialist

Quote:
wraths from what community? its the same 10-20 forumgeeks lurking around here anyway. its hardly a community :/
That one sentence couldn't have summed your attitude up better then anything I could possible post. Thank you.
Unread 2 Nov 2006, 17:57   #92
robban1

Quote:
That one sentence couldn't have summed your attitude up better then anything I could possible post. Thank you.
np i forgot to add you there so its 11-21 geeks then, now be gone to gd m8
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 14:12   #93
Shadow1980
Search Engine Specialist

Quote:
np i forgot to add you there so its 11-21 geeks then, now be gone to gd m8
I am a geek and I'm proud of it. I fail to see the insult?
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 16:26   #94
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Given that most of us here are posting on an internet forum... kind of makes us all geeks doesn't it? :crymeariver:
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 12:56   #95
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

This needs a bump I think.

Every time the game has problems there seems to be a fairly random decision made on what to do. Today is the first time that the game has been totally blocked after the network problems, it's never been done before so why change the downtime plan yet again?

We want something consistent which we can rely on.

Also, why are backups only every 2 ticks? The game has been rolled back further than necessary because of this.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 12:58   #96
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Also, why are backups only every 2 ticks?
Maybe space issues? I don't know if it takes up a lot of space though, just assuming.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:11   #97
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
Also, why are backups only every 2 ticks? The game has been rolled back further than necessary because of this.
Because Jolt likes to save money by cutting corners and cutting cost. It's much cheaper to save every two ticks than every tick.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:18   #98
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
As for why noone replied... Good question. Perhaps more important things are being dealt with right now {no offense}, that or they didn't see this thread as a priority.
I'd point out there this an entire department of PA team whos sole existence revolves around dealing with the community on issues like this so that the 'coders don't get distracted.' Not only does the department base their work around it, but it is a fundamental plank as the try to build the game up moving forward.

This, along with the last tick failure, was a perfect opportunity to proactively make some sort of announcement about what happened, why, and what was being done about it. Instead - neither the forums nor the precious portal were utilized, people were confused and, ultimately, upset.

It's a poor reflection on the admins and it didn't have to be.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:31   #99
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Cowboy administration ftl.

I cant really see the problem in putting up: "Ticks: Currently down, no eta." Instead people just guess at whats wrong and when ppl are able to fix it.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:41   #100
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

after i read the announcement on the portal ( http://www.planetarion.com/news.php?id=168 ) I think it was done right.

2 ticks rollback because it ticked 2 times when noone could login coz of network-problems if i understand the announcement correct