User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Aug 2006, 21:23   #1
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold
Galaxy Fund *Tax*

Just wondering, whether this would be a good idea to do, same concept as the alliance tax system whereby u can choose whether u want to donate or not, but this one is for the galaxy. Would help as ppl dont have to be reminded to donate, and if they dont want to donate, they can just opt out.
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 21:26   #2
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Galaxy Fund *Tax*

This lad's a genius.
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 21:27   #3
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
This lad's a genius.
indeed
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 21:29   #4
Nauti

Nauti is infamous around these partsNauti is infamous around these partsNauti is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Re: Galaxy Fund *Tax*

r4: TX/g-ii
r5: TX
r6: ViruS
r7: RaH
r8: RaH
r9 - 9.5: RaH/ BG [Ğragons]
r10: Ğragons
r11: 1up/FAnG
r12: 1up
r13: 1up
r14: BREAK
r15: OWNED WITH VGN
r16: BREAK
r17: BREAK
r18: eXilition - Rank 1: 7:5 Heavenly Divine
[Team.Scared]
Nauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 15:41   #5
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Would make life so much easier. It seems quite a success for alliances, galaxies should have this feature as well.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 16:02   #6
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Yes indeed, and yes it is a real success for alliances, and so easy to manage.

Maybe include that option in the galaxy politics page or in the mining page?
SpookyVince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 16:48   #7
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Personally I hate taxes, so I'm going to vote no, I pay way too many real taxes and don't want to be forced to pay them in PA as well. Allies are joined voluntarily but I am forced into whatever gal the game puts me in. Plus gal taxes could be used for things that don't help me, for example they could be spent on scans pr ships for my enemies inside the galaxy. If there is going to be an ingal tax it should be purely voluntary and never forced on a gal member.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 17:11   #8
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

If it is in the same idea as the alliance tax, like it is written above, it will indeed be voluntary. I must also point that any donation into the gal fund actually IS voluntary too... Tax is just a means to prevent forgetting donations...

Besides, I don't see why you say that it could be used to scan by your ennemies... There are no "gal scanners" as far as I know... I am also quite surprised that you have ennemies in your galaxy. Or have I misread you?

I don't know how much tax you pay in real life, but I think I pay enough too to be quite against it, but that's only in RL... What do you think of 46.5% on average, excluding region tax, town tax, car registration tax, yearly federal car tax, yearly regional car tax, garbage collection tax, radio & TV tax, car radio tax, sewers maintenance tax, house property tax, crisis complementary tax (should have been removed since 2001), complementary tax on pensions personal contributions, etc. I must forget some........... They will soon invent a tax on the air we breathe...

Last edited by SpookyVince; 17 Aug 2006 at 17:16.
SpookyVince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 17:40   #9
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

It would just make things far more efficient to create a stable galaxy fund.

4000 roids * 15 planets * 250 resources/tick * 24 hours * 0.01 = 3.6m total resources per day (about 1.2m of each resource, doesn't include bonuses either)

At the moment our galaxy fund tends to rely on the same few individuals donating regularly, if players could activate a tax system then galaxies will end up with larger funds. Instead of just relying on the fund for exiles, we could actually use it to fund players who need help.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 17:48   #10
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

/me counts numbers of posts...

tenth'd

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 19:27   #11
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyVince
Besides, I don't see why you say that it could be used to scan by your ennemies... There are no "gal scanners" as far as I know... I am also quite surprised that you have ennemies in your galaxy. Or have I misread you?
The funds that go into the gal fund can be donated to a scanner in gal, often this is done if the GC has a scanner in gal from same ally. So if I'm in Subh and there is an Exi/1up GC who has a scanner in gal he can make him MoD and allow him to pilfer the gal fund. Before you say this doesn't happen, it happened in my gal this round, and last round as well. As long as the tax is purely voluntary there is no big deal, but if it's manditory there are problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyVince
I don't know how much tax you pay in real life, but I think I pay enough too to be quite against it, but that's only in RL... What do you think of 46.5% on average, excluding region tax, town tax, car registration tax, yearly federal car tax, yearly regional car tax, garbage collection tax, radio & TV tax, car radio tax, sewers maintenance tax, house property tax, crisis complementary tax (should have been removed since 2001), complementary tax on pensions personal contributions, etc. I must forget some........... They will soon invent a tax on the air we breathe...
Yikes I don't pay anywhere near that much and I still hate it! I can't believe there was a time less than 100 years ago (I live in the US) where income tax didn't even exist! Oh how times change, at some level I believe income tax is immorral and against the principles of the country I live in (the origional intent of the founding fathers was to tax trade and businesses NOT individuals) but in the end I'm a libertarian and against government oversite in general. Anyway I digress from the point of the thread, so sorry.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 14:41   #12
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Fr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these parts

Yes but should only be able to tax upto 5% at the most rather than @ 2% to your alliances and then 3% to your galaxy. Personally I think galaxy's tend to defend more than alliances due to the eta 5! and or alliances cannot cover it...

So I would possibly give priority to gals

Fr0sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 18:10   #13
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough

Its a great idea if anybody has concerns about it they just dont click the box that makes them donate automatically to the fund. It means the newbies who get hit and dont have an alliance can be helped out by their gal as well. I think it should be up to 5% for each the gal and the alliance so you could be taxed 10% max which still isnt that much really.
Dom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 18:22   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

You might invent it, but I would nevah use it!!!
Unread 4 Sep 2006, 04:15   #15
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

god only knows how much i had to insist for the donations, and certain people simple refused to donate. and this way, everytime we wanted to exile, the same people had to chip in, and donate so we can get rid of the inactives, and maybe get some decent randoms. so the galaxy found tax would be most welcome as fara as i'm concerned! bring it on!
Unread 4 Sep 2006, 17:27   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I personally believe that in terms of features etc galaxies and alliances should be pretty similar.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 13:32   #17
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm caught in two minds on this. Yes making donating to the galaxy fund easier could be a good thing but at the same time I'm not sure the galaxy fund as it is justifies having this feature.

The reasons I feel this are
  1. Getting resources from the fund are hard. Where as the alliance has the whole HC able to hand out the funds to people who need it. I know that often the MoD will often ignore some of the smaller planets that the fund could be helping or those that lose ships simply because they arent on at the same time to request funds or appear active to the MoD. I know in past rounds when I've scanned for the galaxy i've had real problems getting my requests for compensation from the fund as my MoD was rarely on when I was
  2. Additionally its not unusual for favortism to come into play. Ive seen certain people get donated as much as they can get because they are in an alliance thats 'on their side' while others are left to rot because they arent 'on their side'
  3. The people who can be helped are extreamly limited. In an alliance of 60 you probally have 20-40 people whom meet the requirements to get donations from and in your alliance all these people will most likly be meeting your activity requirements. In a galaxy this will be much lower, maybe 5 and theres no guarentee they are even active so you may not want to throw resources at them.
  4. Outside direct donations the only use is exiling. Galaxies dont have scanners so theres actually less use for the fund.
  5. We already have a problem with people exiling players whom are active but dont meet their 'l33tness' level. The one thing that restricts this slightly is the cost but now your potentially having the people who are active but not active enough for your liking paying for you to exile them into some shitty galaxy.

All in all I dont think the gal fund should mirror the alliance fund, in fact if we want to use the galaxy fund. It can be improved but the different situation of the galaxy compared to alliance needs to be taken into account.
  1. We need ministers duties removed and all the jobs given to all the minister so resources are always able to be donated to those who need it.
  2. We need more people able to be donated to (perhaps have everyone able to be donated to but have the amount they can have dependant on how much of the galaxy score they make up)
  3. We need a system that encourages (well forces) the wealth to be spread and not just handed out to people whos face fit.
  4. I also think that we perhaps need the auto taken funds end up in a 'development' fund and theres another fund which only becomes available when an exile votes running and its the responsability of those whom agree with the exile to donate the amount they need to exile them
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 21:22   #18
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Fr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I personally believe that in terms of features etc galaxies and alliances should be pretty similar.
I agree with this
Fr0sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 21:37   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

based on some of the things wakey ahs said I;d be in favour of removing specific ministers and replacing them with general ministers who are in essence the alliance hcs of galaxies.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote