User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Feb 2008, 21:37   #1
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Forwarded email

Just got this email from my driving instructor (a formidable forward'er of funny emails)

Gordon Brown wants us to cut the amount of petrol we use.
The best way to stop using so much petrol is to deport 3 million illegal immigrants!
That would be 3 million less people using our petrol. The price of petrol would come down.
Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the Channel.
When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the Channel, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq.
Tell him if he wants to come to Britain then he must serve a tour in the military.
Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it.
After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country.
He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal resident.
This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.
If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo.
Problem solved
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 21:43   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Forwarded email

Seriously you really are a terrible human being.
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 22:29   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
That would be 3 million less people using our petrol.
it's fewer you racist twat
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 22:34   #4
Kenny

Very funny tbh, but only because it's true.

Human rights are over-rated tbh, and immigration is a serious problem. It's got nothing to do with being racist, it's a case of being a realist who's not afraid to step on toes and say what needs to be said.
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 22:37   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny

Human rights are over-rated tbh, and immigration is a serious problem. It's got nothing to do with being racist, it's a case of being a realist who's not afraid to step on toes and say what needs to be said.
little boy give me one reason to justify your existence
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 22:47   #6
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

3 million poor immigrants hardly use much fuel, do they.

However, if you nuke USA back to stoneage, that would help.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 23:51   #7
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
little boy give me one reason to justify your existence
Give me one good reason why I need to justify myself to a moron such as yourself?

You have your views and you're welcome to them. I have mine, and I will voice them. Deal with it, or take a razer to your wrists.
Unread 18 Feb 2008, 23:52   #8
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov

That's why I laughed when people talked about nuking Afghanistan/Iraq - it'd be an upgrade if anything.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 01:35   #9
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Oh what the hell.

First of all I'm not sure where this 3 million figure comes from. A quick Google indicates there around 500,000 illegal immigrants in the UK. Even if that were all filthy government lies, its hard to imagine the figure would be out by 600%.

Secondly. I am not sure that Gordon Brown particularly wants us to use less petrol, but lets assume that that is top of his agenda. Presumably we are supposed to use less petrol to mitigate against global warming, and if that is the case it doesn't really matter where they are using their petrol, better to have them here so we can regulate their petrol use. And given that the price of petrol is notoriously driven by supply rather than demand, reducing the number of people who want it wouldn't make much difference.

Thirdly deporting 3 million people wouldn't save petrol now would it?

Fourthly you suggest we should bring our troops home, but why should we pay foreigners to fight in Iraq? If you take the cynical view that we are in Iraq to secure oil reserves then your whole line of reasoning, such as it is, falls apart.

Besides, I am not sure that training a lot of foreign nationals in urban combat and then giving them citizenship would confer well with your somewhat right-wing viewpoint.

I particularly like your idea of paying soldiers (one assumes through the exchequer) and then taxing them on it as a clever money making scheme.

But aside from those few points I find your ideas intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
For the record, the first post was a copy/paste of an email Smudge received that he thought he'd share. He showed neither support nor distain towards the contents of the email, so your criticisms of him are thereby redundant, regardless of how well contructed your arguments were.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 04:09   #10
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Human rights are over-rated tbh,
You know, you're right. I just hope someone takes away your right to life as an example of how awesome your statement is.

Quote:
For the record, the first post was a copy/paste of an email Smudge received that he thought he'd share. He showed neither support nor distain towards the contents of the email, so your criticisms of him are thereby redundant, regardless of how well contructed your arguments were.
I'm sorry, but at what point did Jakiri indicate he was answering anything other than the email? (Or the entire opening post if you prefer.) How does this forums thing work in Kennyland then?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 04:18   #11
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
You know, you're right. I just hope someone takes away your right to life as an example of how awesome your statement is.
Stop being such an over-sensitive twat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I'm sorry, but at what point did Jakiri indicate he was answering anything other than the email? (Or the entire opening post if you prefer.)
Well, he used "you" and "your" a few times in his post, I assume he wouldn't be talking to the person who sent the email (pointless), or even about the author of the email - otherwise he'd have used "him" and "his" (or "her"/"hers" or "their" and so forth).

Kennyland tends to work on the basis of reading; give it a go, you may enjoy it.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 04:35   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Kennyland tends to work on the basis of reading; give it a go, you may enjoy it.
THE PLANE WONT TAKE OFF
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 08:46   #13
Yahwe
I am.

does the daily mail not have a forum Kenny could go to?
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 08:58   #14
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You're a mong.

To post something without disagreeing with it automatically suggests some level of agreement with it. If he held no opinion on it then he wouldn't have posted it in the first place.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 11:49   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Stop being such an over-sensitive twat.
stop being an insensitive twat
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 12:18   #16
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
stop being an insensitive twat
Stop using all our fuel!!
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 12:59   #17
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Seriously you really are a terrible human being.
QFT.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 12:59   #18
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Why is immigration a serious problem?

I want a proper answer.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 13:22   #19
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

THey iz takin da jobs!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 13:37   #20
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
You're a mong.

To post something without disagreeing with it automatically suggests some level of agreement with it. If he held no opinion on it then he wouldn't have posted it in the first place.
That's complete rubbish. Somebody can easily post something without voicing an opinion, simply to get an unimpressioned opinion back in response.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 13:48   #21
All Systems Go

Quote:
That's complete rubbish. Somebody can easily post something without voicing an opinion, simply to get an unimpressioned opinion back in response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Just got this email from my driving instructor (a formidable forward'er of funny emails)
Implies he approves.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 14:31   #22
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Why is immigration a serious problem?

I want a proper answer.
First of all I want to make it clear that it's illegal immigration I have a problem with, not immigration in general.

Illegal immigration is a serious problem for a variety of reasons. The reason KaneED gave (sarcasm aside) is but one of them.

It's not just that when an immigrant enters our country, he steals jobs. Because he's willing to work for less money, should the employer feel like risking his liscence to run a business (under the assumption he thinks he can get away with it), he will often give work to the illegal over somebody who's a citizen of the UK and thus entitled to minimum wage and will be protected by employee law.

And you'd be wrong to assume that it doesn't affect those people with jobs already. Because i.i's are taking these low-end jobs, it means that UK Citizen's unemployment rate goes up. This means that more people register for unemployment benefit and this comes straight out of the taxpayer's pocket.

The taxpayer doesn't stop paying there, either. Once an i.i is found and detained, it costs the taxpayer £500 to keep 1 immigrant in a celll per night. While they're detained, they're entitled to free legal advice. Only it isn't free, the taxpayer foots the bill for this too. And when the lawyers get involved, it means that people can be detained either at a police station or detention center for sometimes months. So the money starts to add up.

The cost of 'sending people home' varies of course, depending on where the person is from. It's not just the price of the flight you have to consider either, as then we have the cost of -x- number of return flights to the same destination for any escorts that may be required to ensure the person arrives at the desired location. Then of course you have the costs of the contracts with security companies, like G4S (Group 4 Securities). Such security companies are paid large amounts (though I don't have the figures for this) to transport prisoners and illegal immigrants in between police stations, detention centers, court and ultimately the airport (most immigrants are sent home on flights).

Something that people will probably be a bit more aware of due to recent~ media coverage is the 'go home bonus', or it's actual name "voluntary return scheme", whereby an illegal immigrant can be given anything from £3000, to £5000 to return to their country of origin. I'll give you three guesses where that money comes from, but I'm sure you'll only need one. While it's true that the taxpayers would end up paying more to actually keep the i.i's in detention in the UK, since the introduction of this scheme attempted breach of port has actually increased.

The other down side to the VRS is the fact that anyone is entitled to it. Even people that have committed crimes in the UK, and have been prosecuted for them, are also eligible. Which brings me on to my next point - crime rate. With the number of illegal immigrants in this country (and I'm more than willing to use the firgure of 500,000) that's an awful lot of people that aren't on any police databases in the UK. These are people that we know are there, but have no documentation for. This leads to the (realistic) possibility of organised crime within the UK, i.e. drug trafficking, people trafficking, passport forgery (see: here) without even beginning to mention terrorism. Still, we have to try and police these people, so that costs money too.

On a larger scale these crimes will have an impact on our (the UK's) level of respect in the international community. This in turn effects our trade relations which then in turn affects our entire economy.

There are many many genuine cases of legal immigration. I mean if I moved to Canada or Australia to live/work out there, I'd be a legal immigrant (for 5 years until I can claim citizenship). And the same with the Polish people in the UK now, they are here legally - rights granted to them by membership of the European Union. But because the Polish are (particularly at the moment) high-profile group of immigrants, a lot of negativity and resentment is focused on them. So the illegal immigrants are creating a lot of racial tension between biggots and often the wrong people. Again, this will affect international relations and of course our nation's image/reputation.

So yes, I think illegal immigration is a big problem in the UK. At the moment I'm a university student so I'm not paying taxes, so I'm perhaps less affected by it all than say my parents (for example), who are middle-class, tax-paying citizens. To be completely honest, I can't see how people don't see illegal immigration as a serious problem.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 14:32   #23
Kenny

Quote:
Implies he approves.
While I have literary grounds to argue; I wont because I'd be wrong.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 14:36   #24
All Systems Go

Oh my.

I shall return to this at some point, but at the moment I'm doing my coursework and seem to be getting somewhere* so I don't want to break my momentum.

*where that is I'm not completely sure, but it sure beats not moving at all.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 16:18   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Illegal immigrants appear in unemployment databases but not police databases? Despite committing crime at an astronomical rate and taking all our jobs?

Honestly, can you defend this position using some form of logic?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 16:39   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When are we going to talk about how they're responsible for a house price crash and some kind of involvement with princess diana?

Feel free to talk about jobs and resources but i'm more keen to discuss the real issues surrounding this topic
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 17:01   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Illegal immigrants appear in unemployment databases but not police databases? Despite committing crime at an astronomical rate and taking all our jobs?

I am pretty sure they have taken all your brain cells!!! No wonder you are so angry.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 17:24   #28
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
When are we going to talk about how they're responsible for a house price crash

Rich Non doms come to Britain. As they have lots of money they buy nice big houses in expensive areas. This causes the general inflation of the value of the property market. Eventually the market can't inflate no more and other economic pressures come to bear causing a housing market crash.

I may or i may not be being entirely serious.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 17:36   #29
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
Rich Non doms come to Britain.
Bloody Christians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are A Homosexual
As they have lots of money they buy nice big houses in expensive areas. This causes the general inflation of the value of the property market. Eventually the market can't inflate no more and other economic pressures come to bear causing a housing market crash.
Did you just steal this from Anti-Semitic Monthly, Article 5: "How Jews Caused The Great Depression"?
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 17:38   #30
Kenny

Quote:

What are you talking about? I didn't say illegal immigrants appear in unemployment databases. Mz you can't argue with anything I've said, my arguments are facts and truths that come directly from the Home Office. Where I haven't had the information available I made no effort to make it up and did in fact state I wasn't aware of precise figures.

And please, if you're going to counter argue at least do so in a coherent matter. I didn't say once that 'they steal all our jobs' or that they all 'commit crime' (even on an astronomical scale). My response to the subject was an un-biased look at the situation as it is, yet you responded as if I was just another racist twat who didn't like brown people.

Why are you trying to get me to logically justify a position I've never put forth? Mz, of all people I wouldn't have expected this level of ignorance from you.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 17:41   #31
All Systems Go

Quote:
my arguments are facts and truths that come directly from the Home Office.
lol
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 18:39   #32
Kenny

Quote:
lol
Tbh, your 'believing me' is not so much of an issue, because I know what I said in that post to be true and not just some made up garbage that you often find on the forums.

And yes, the Border and Immigration Agency is part of the Home Office. This is where I got the information from for my post.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 18:54   #33
All Systems Go

Quote:
Tbh, your 'believing me' is not so much of an issue, because I know what I said in that post to be true and not just some made up garbage that you often find on the forums.

And yes, the Border and Immigration Agency is part of the Home Office. This is where I got the information from for my post.
Believe it or not, my last post had nothing to do with you.
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 20:07   #34
furball

Trusting government statistics
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 21:51   #35
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It's not just that when an immigrant enters our country, he steals jobs. Because he's willing to work for less money, should the employer feel like risking his liscence to run a business (under the assumption he thinks he can get away with it), he will often give work to the illegal over somebody who's a citizen of the UK and thus entitled to minimum wage and will be protected by employee law.

And you'd be wrong to assume that it doesn't affect those people with jobs already. Because i.i's are taking these low-end jobs, it means that UK Citizen's unemployment rate goes up. This means that more people register for unemployment benefit and this comes straight out of the taxpayer's pocket.
A few things:
The problem here is not illegal immigrants but illegal employers.
The type of jobs these "i.i's" are taking are not ones that are usually taken by UK citizens.
The amount of "i.i's" in this country is far far less than legal immigrants who you should more realistically aim your xenophobic rant at.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 22:20   #36
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, a lot of the "low end" jobs that immigrants are taking are not denying the unemployed these jobs.

There is a snobbery among the unemployed with regards to the jobs they take. As far as I can discern, there are plenty of jobs for the British people but they refuse to take them which is why immigrants are able to come to Britain and take these jobs.

The claim that immigrants work for less money is not true either, a minimum wage job is a minimum wage job.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 22:38   #37
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:

i'll bet you a tenner he can't

EDIT: i am slightly scared that there is a serious argument here ... you see Kenny claims to be studying for a degree so does that not raise questions about the devaluation of academic qualifications?
Unread 19 Feb 2008, 23:52   #38
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov

Stinking Norwegian Communist scum!

Just give it a try!
Unread 20 Feb 2008, 00:04   #39
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

All for you, love.
Unread 20 Feb 2008, 11:09   #40
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Did you just steal this from Anti-Semitic Monthly, Article 5: "How Jews Caused The Great Depression"?

I never once mentioned Jews. I was actually thinking more along the lines of Russians and Arabs but WOTEVA.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2008, 13:57   #41
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
What are you talking about? I didn't say illegal immigrants appear in unemployment databases. Mz you can't argue with anything I've said, my arguments are facts and truths that come directly from the Home Office. Where I haven't had the information available I made no effort to make it up and did in fact state I wasn't aware of precise figures.

And please, if you're going to counter argue at least do so in a coherent matter. I didn't say once that 'they steal all our jobs' or that they all 'commit crime' (even on an astronomical scale). My response to the subject was an un-biased look at the situation as it is, yet you responded as if I was just another racist twat who didn't like brown people.

Why are you trying to get me to logically justify a position I've never put forth? Mz, of all people I wouldn't have expected this level of ignorance from you.
That was a beautiful post. I'm still rereading those paragraphs. I particularly liked how you called him incoherent and ignorant. But there is one (very, very, very, very, very) small problem with your reply: you don't understand the main thrust of Mzyxptlk argument.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2008, 14:11   #42
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
I never once mentioned Jews. I was actually thinking more along the lines of Russians and Arabs but WOTEVA.
Anti-semitism isn't in the word you type, or the actions you undertake. It lives in your heart, you fiend!
Unread 22 Feb 2008, 00:20   #43
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

T&F is SO right. We just gotta send all those under 10's to work camps, so they can start to contribute something, those lazy punks.
Unread 22 Feb 2008, 07:39   #44
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

I miss communism.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2008, 01:07   #45
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
I miss communism.
Aim more carefully.
Unread 23 Feb 2008, 13:24   #46
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i dont mind illegal immigrants so much as just hating people with skin that isnt the same colour as mine

it clashes
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 17:04   #47
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

there is a serious argument to be made about immigration keeping wages down.
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 22:25   #48
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
there is a serious argument to be made about immigration keeping wages down.
maybe in another country.