User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:11   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
dda Goes Down in Flames

Well, the trial is over and the forces of truth, justice and good have been defeated.

The jury was singularly unimpressed with the law, the facts or (more importantly) my brilliant explanation of the previous two item.

I did convince the jury that the defendant shot an unarmed man but they said they didn't really care. They described the defendant as a "pussy" and felt that it was only natural that he would shoot the victim to death. One woman on the jury, a little old lady of 71 years stated that if she had the gun she would have emptied the entire clip into the victim's head.

California is truly the wild west.

http://www.lodinews.com/articles/200...amo_060311.txt
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:14   #2
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: dda Goes Down in Flames

So this guy got away with murder, and can now walk around as a free man?
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:15   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Justice was not served.

The fact hes now killed someone and been totally exonerated, even on a lesser charge such as manslaughter, shakes my faith (what little i actually had) in the American Justice System.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:19   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
So this guy got away with murder, and can now walk around as a free man?
No. The man didn't committ a murder.

dda: these things happen to the best of us.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:28   #5
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

By definition, the man is innocent.

The sad part is that I had to give him his gun back.

It was a case that I believed in and it had to be tried. I think the most disappointing thing about it was to listen to the rationale of the jury afterward. It made me worry about some of the guilty verdicts which I have gotten. The jury ignored the law and the facts and made an emotional decision because they did not like the victim. I wonder, now, how many times I convicted someone based on the fact that the jury didn't like the defendant.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:29   #6
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why (also how) did you listen to the jury's reasoning?

I'm sure it'd drive me insane if i ever did.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:31   #7
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

im pleased, i completely agree with the jury, given the context of your firearm laws paul alamo was a victim of culture rather than a trigger happy idiot operating outside the 'norms'. If you allow the population to grow up believing that they have the right to firearms in order to protect themselves from harm and america from the king of england , you can't then start convicting them in ambigious situations.

btw under your system your das are elected? and you're a republican? wtf kind of a republican are you, you prosecutor of people using guns to defend themselves. The NRA pays your party good money damnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
and the forces of truth, justice and good have been defeated.
nah unless you're taking a particular philosophy as a point of reference all justice is relative to what the hoi polloi want, you were out of touch with the people on this one, thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I did convince the jury that the defendant shot an unarmed man but they said they didn't really care.
im guessing they took the subjective opinion that regardless of whether he was armed with a knife or not, whether alamo thought he was armed and dangerous at that particular moment in time was more important. A sensible outlook imo.

Ill give you some pos rep to cheer you up! btw why so long for the trial?
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:37   #8
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
why (also how) did you listen to the jury's reasoning?

I'm sure it'd drive me insane if i ever did.
In our courts, it is common practice for the attorneys to chat with some or all of the jurors after the verdict is announced to find out what reasoning (or lack thereof) led to their conclusions.

It is sometimes disheartening even in victory, when you discover that your cafeful analysis had little to do with the outcome.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:41   #9
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
im pleased, i completely agree with the jury, given the context of your firearm laws paul alamo was a victim of culture rather than a trigger happy idiot operating outside the 'norms'. If you allow the population to grow up believing that they have the right to firearms in order to protect themselves from harm and america from the king of england , you can't then start convicting them in ambigious situations.

btw under your system your das are elected? and you're a republican? wtf kind of a republican are you, you prosecutor of people using guns to defend themselves. The NRA pays your party good money damnit.

nah unless you're taking a particular philosophy as a point of reference all justice is relative to what the hoi polloi want, you were out of touch with the people on this one, thats all.
1. Truth, justice and good were modest references to myself.

2. I admit that I am a rogue, Republican dda who believes in gun control and does not believe in the death penalty. You can understand why I never considered running for office.

3. Yes, our da is elected. Though our current da was appointed to fill out the remainder of the term of his predecessor who had a stroke. He is running unopposed and da is a non-partisan position in California.

4. Thanks for the rep.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:43   #10
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
It made me worry about some of the guilty verdicts which I have gotten. The jury ignored the law and the facts and made an emotional decision because they did not like the victim. I wonder, now, how many times I convicted someone based on the fact that the jury didn't like the defendant.

lol you seriously just considering this?? had it been a black commie or something you'd probably have got a conviction, or vice versa i hear OJ is completely innocent Id still much rather have a jury than not, does your judge direct the jury at all?

/edit

did they really say this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
They described the defendant as a "pussy"
so they thought the defendant was a pussy and the victim was an arsehole??!?!?!
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:48   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I recall as a child hearing the words

"Do not speak Ill of the dead"

You know what, little pieces of wisdom like that are long forgotten in the selfish, short sighted society we live in today.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:53   #12
milo

oh shut up
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 19:58   #13
dda
USS Oklahoma

The judge instructs the jury. However, the instructions are entirely newly constructed and used for the first time by this judge. There are some glaring omissions in the area of self defense.

Yes. I spoke to six WOMEN from the jury and they all refered to Mr. Alamo as a "pussy". I would never have used that word in front of jurors.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:00   #14
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

But will you accept this, or take it to a higher court?
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:03   #15
dda
USS Oklahoma

There is no higher court. Our constitution forbids "double jeopardy." If the jury say "not guilty" there is no recourse even if the trial is terribly flawed.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:14   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

I forgot to mention, the victims daughter lives in Twickenham. Tell me about Twickenham.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:17   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I forgot to mention, the victims daughter lives in Twickenham. Tell me about Twickenham.
They play rugby there! Rugby is like american football but with backwards instead of forward passing and no protective equipment.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:31   #18
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
By definition, the man is innocent.

The sad part is that I had to give him his gun back.

It was a case that I believed in and it had to be tried. I think the most disappointing thing about it was to listen to the rationale of the jury afterward. It made me worry about some of the guilty verdicts which I have gotten. The jury ignored the law and the facts and made an emotional decision because they did not like the victim. I wonder, now, how many times I convicted someone based on the fact that the jury didn't like the defendant.
You should have appealed to the juries prejudices like in A Time to Kill. By the way, do you lose your job now or get a bad evaluation that ends your career? :S
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:33   #19
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
There is no higher court. Our constitution forbids "double jeopardy." If the jury say "not guilty" there is no recourse even if the trial is terribly flawed.
So you have only one chance to prove he is innocent? And does the deffendant also only have one chance, or can he get another try before another court if he is found guilty?
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:34   #20
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
In our courts, it is common practice for the attorneys to chat with some or all of the jurors after the verdict is announced to find out what reasoning (or lack thereof) led to their conclusions.

It is sometimes disheartening even in victory, when you discover that your cafeful analysis had little to do with the outcome.
I am horrified! (seriously)
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:36   #21
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
So you have only one chance to prove he is innocent? And does the deffendant also only have one chance, or can he get another try before another court if he is found guilty?
The prosecution gets one chance. If convicted, the defendant has several layers of appeals that are available. The theory is that it is better for a number of guilty men to go free than for one innocent man to be convicted.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:37   #22
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
So you have only one chance to prove he is innocent?
dda wasn't actually trying to prove the defendant innocent.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:38   #23
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
You should have appealed to the juries prejudices like in A Time to Kill. By the way, do you lose your job now or get a bad evaluation that ends your career? :S
I have been doing nothing but homicide cases since 1989. During that time I have had three aquittals. My age is becoming more of a detriment than my record.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:38   #24
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: dda Goes Down in Flames

Too bad. I thought he should have gotten a manslaughter conviction. :/

Ah well, on to the wrongful death suit.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:42   #25
milo

did you call the defence attorney a pussy afterwards?

(re: him crying)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twickenham
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:50   #26
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I have been doing nothing but homicide cases since 1989. During that time I have had three aquittals. My age is becoming more of a detriment than my record.
Your powers are weak Old Man!
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 20:51   #27
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Well considering that conviction rates are like 99% that's standard, isn't it. :P