User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Jul 2006, 11:41   #1
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Indonesian tsunami

I was just curious as to whether or not anyone else had read or heard about this story.

Indonesian tsunami

I was reading it and the part I found interesting is that the residents ran away from the beach because of a rumor of another tsunami, when there was no apparent tsunami (at that time, there had been one a few days ago), so I thought I would let everyone ponder this and see what kind of theories are come up with.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:00   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Indonesian tsunami

I had heard about it, but reading about the jews is so much more fun!

Last edited by pig; 20 Jul 2006 at 12:08.
pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:02   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I had heard about it, but reading about the jews are much more fun!
"Is".

And I'd guess it was someone's idea of a practical joke or someone noticed similar things to what preceded the actual tsunami, put 2 and 2 together and came up with a banana.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:09   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[quote=JonnyBGood]"Is".[quote]

You know as I posted it I realised my mistake but was already replying to the villa thread, I was going to come back and edit it. Really!
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:21   #5
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

The Grammar police are quick and ruthless. I restrain myself from pointing out typos and grammatical errors, this comes from everyone I know telling me to shut up whenever I do it.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:25   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
The Grammar police are quick and ruthless. I restrain myself from pointing out typos and grammatical errors, this comes from everyone I know telling me to shut up whenever I do it.
Help me to help you.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:31   #7
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Help me to help you.
Are you saying I should be more vocal when noticing typos and grammar errors, or help you learn the painful self-torture of ignoring them?
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:31   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Are you saying I should be more vocal when noticing typos and grammar errors, or help you learn the painful self-torture of ignoring them?
My posts have meanings?
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 12:34   #9
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

I was just writing something until memory kicked in and I remembered that's a quote from Jerry Maguire. Although I'm sure it's been used in other movies as well.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:09   #10
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Indonesian tsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
And I'd guess it was someone's idea of a practical joke or someone noticed similar things to what preceded the actual tsunami, put 2 and 2 together and came up with a banana.
Tsunamis are caused by earthquakes, so perhaps they felt the earthquake.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 13:16   #11
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

The aftershock which hit the area was a few hours after the panic.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 15:35   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Indonesian tsunami

Quote:
The aftershock which hit the area was a few hours after the panic.
There have been dozens of aftershocks though. Perhaps one was large enough to trigger a panic but not a tsunami?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 16:03   #13
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why on Earth are we engaging in such speculative nonsense? There are any number of reasons for their actions; offering our 'theories' on the matter seems like an utterly pointless excercise.
Unread 20 Jul 2006, 16:07   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

On reflection I blame cooling and the australian/new zealander conspiracy trying to kill off as many Indonesians as possible before they emigrate into their aryan homelands. Er colonies. Er slaughterhouses.
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 09:57   #15
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Why on Earth are we engaging in such speculative nonsense? There are any number of reasons for their actions; offering our 'theories' on the matter seems like an utterly pointless excercise.
It may seem utterly pointless, it won't change what happened, and we may never know what really happened, but offering 'theories' is part of human nature. For instance, say a woman you're interested in will some days hang around with you, flirt with you, and maybe you think these are signs that she likes you, then other days she'll leave a room if you enter it, or sit as far away from you as possible. Theorizing why she's done this won't lead to anything but you going nuts probably, but you're still going to run to your buddies and say, 'ok, this is what happened, then this, then this, do you think I have a chance?'