User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Jan 2006, 15:30   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Euromillions

Well I thought I would notify you guys of the old lottery taking place tonight, with a record 85million pound jackpot, must be worth a little gamble right?
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 15:33   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Euromillions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Well I thought I would notify you guys of the old lottery taking place tonight, with a record 85million pound jackpot, must be worth a little gamble right?
Aye-aye Captain Jackass.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 15:58   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not really sure if it matters whether it's a £1 million prize of an £80 million prize tbh. Unless you were planning on buying five million tickets or something.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 16:13   #4
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'm not really sure if it matters whether it's a £1 million prize of an £80 million prize tbh. Unless you were planning on buying five million tickets or something.
only that your chances on 80 millions are a lot lower because a lot more people will try to get them :/

i never played lottery ...

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 16:13   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Well, for this kind of thing it's risks vs potential benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
only that your chances on 80 millions are a lot lower because a lot more people will try to get them :/.
Your chance to win a proportion of the jackpot is the same, it's just a matter of if 80 times more tickets are bought that it becomes a comparable situation, and that's only assuming you won one of the non-fixed prizes.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 16:16   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Well, for this kind of thing it's risks vs potential benefits.
I'm presuming that there's some sort of law of diminishing returns on how much fun you could have with money. £1m would change my life considerably, mean I never had to work again, give me security, etc....£80m would do the same and mean I could buy an entire housing estate and make everyone call me Lord Dante in lieu of paying rent.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 16:20   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd just have continuous money fights. The more money you have the more people can play!
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 16:21   #8
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I'm presuming that there's some sort of law of diminishing returns on how much fun you could have with money. £1m would change my life considerably, mean I never had to work again, give me security, etc....£80m would do the same and mean I could buy an entire housing estate and make everyone call me Lord Dante in lieu of paying rent.
'diminishing marginal utility'
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 16:26   #9
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Euromillions

Quote:
£80m would do the same and mean I could buy an entire housing estate and make everyone call me Lord Dante in lieu of paying rent.
All your long-lost relatives.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 17:19   #10
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Your chance to win a proportion of the jackpot is the same, it's just a matter of if 80 times more tickets are bought that it becomes a comparable situation, and that's only assuming you won one of the non-fixed prizes.
I don't know how your lottery works, but if can you pick your own numbers, it in creases the possibility that you would end up sharing your winnings as the likely hood that someone else picked your number increases (especially if you picked numbers others are likely to pick 7,13, 42, 69, etc.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 17:23   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I don't know how your lottery works, but if can you pick your own numbers, it in creases the possibility that you would end up sharing your winnings as the likely hood that someone else picked your number increases (especially if you picked numbers others are likely to pick 7,13, 42, 69, etc.
Our lottery works by picking 6 numbers between 1 and 49.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 17:31   #12
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Seek help.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 17:32   #13
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Seek help.
I play sometimes. Somebody's gotta win.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 17:36   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Yes, but that doesn't matter particularly.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that it's a million to one odds to win. The prize is a £1m. A million people play (keeping this simple) and one person wins the full prize.

Now, it's the same lottery so same odds but the prize is now £80m because 80m people have bought tickets. 80 people pick the same (winning) numbers and they all win £1m each. Obviously that's a really simplistic case but the point is the odds of winning remain exactly the same. You're more likely to share your prize, but it's a bigger prize proportionally, so it doesn't matter.

Obviously there are some numbers which are more popular than others, but that's not really related to how many people play per week.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 17:40   #15
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I doubt this is true; if you used a random number generator for your own numbers while everyone else chose theirs freely (and refused to use any silly combinations the RNG produced like 1,2,3,4,5,6), I assume you'll have a slightly higher expected win amount than in a lottery where everyone was randomly allocated.

Consider the 100 person case where (if given free choice), 5 people will chose 1,2,3,4,5,6 while you use a RNG programmed to exlude that particular combination. Its obvious that your expected returns will be slightly higher than in the fully random case since youre deliberately excluded an (equally probably) combination which would result in you winning less due to splitting.

The key point is that youre picking randomly while others are clustering (to an admittedly small degree) around a particular group of numbers, which gives you a slight advantage. If everyone was randomly allocated, it would be an equal playing field.

edit: I didnt read the context of your post; Dante is right. Multiplying the number of players by the same constant factor that the prize is multiplied by doesnt affect the expected winnings, because you arent actually changing any of the distributions. Winning 80 million and sharing it with 79 other people is the same as winning 1 million outright. However in this particular case, the prize is being multipilied by a number thats almost certainly greater than that which the number of players is being multiplied by (I doubt theyll sell anywhere near 4x as many lottery tickets), so you have a higher expected value than in the normal lottery.

Last edited by Nodrog; 20 Jan 2006 at 18:04.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 17:42   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I let someone wipe out his debts to me (fairly considerable at the time i think, around fifty quid at age 17) by always referring to me as "Lord Henry" throughout the rest of the term.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:02   #17
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

My numbers

09, 15, 30, 40, 44 || 05, 06
08, 10, 22, 26, 46 || 02, 09
24, 26, 38, 46, 48 || 02, 05
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:21   #18
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I had two lucky dips and two I chose myself, its just a little bit of fun, considering ive just lost £40 at the bookies i dont mind losing this money of £6 for 4 tickets. Have faith, btw If I win GD will have one hell of a meet (barbados anyone?)
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:22   #19
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pig again.

You better win or I'll neg rep you.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:26   #20
pig
1up on you

Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:34   #21
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

LIsten, it's one in 74 million to one to win. No matter how many play you still have the same odds. No matter how many times it's rolled over, you still have the same odds.
But, again, you have some odds (however small) of winning if you participate.
The woman who won the last largest jackpot, Dolores McNamara who won €115million, lives up the road from me.
She bought her ticket in a local shop, Garryown Stores.

For a laugh I've bought my €4 ticket there.

I think it's just a bit of fun to participate. If you're the type of person to whinge about how unlikely it is, then your missing the point.
If you're the type of person to buy €100 worth of tickets, then you're missing the point too I think.

I'd laugh my arse off if I won, mainly as the same local shop would have sold the two record settting jackpot wins. And the combined personal wealth of our street would rise to above €240 million.

Good luck anyway to those who've entered.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:35   #22
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
My numbers

09, 15, 30, 40, 44 || 05, 06
08, 10, 22, 26, 46 || 02, 09
24, 26, 38, 46, 48 || 02, 05
Nice numbers, mind if I use them too?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:36   #23
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

might buy a ticket, or a pint depends how i feel:|
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:36   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
btw If I win GD will have one hell of a meet (barbados anyone?)

ditto :P

Though perhaps Antigua?

No,no I have the perfect place. Unleash this great unwashed board on Monaco in the summer...muhahahaha.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:39   #25
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
LIsten, it's one in 74 million to one to win. No matter how many play you still have the same odds. No matter how many times it's rolled over, you still have the same odds.
If the odds are 1 in 74 million, surely if you buy two tickets with different numbers the odds are now 2 in 74 million?
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:44   #26
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
If the odds are 1 in 74 million, surely if you buy two tickets with different numbers the odds are now 2 in 74 million?

The odds are practically the same as to be imperceptibly different. You're still more likely to be killed by an exploding toilet at 1 in 74milllion as you are with 2 in 74million.

P.S. The odds of being struck by lightening are 1 in 2million, so you're 37 times more likely to be killed by a god bolt than win the Euromillions tonight.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 18:46   #27
pig
1up on you

Exactly incubusgod, its a laugh. You wont win, but if you do then awesome, its still better way to spend a few quid than put it in a gambler.

Antigua sounds good ;p
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 19:46   #28
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I threw £6 on it for shits and the other thing.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 19:53   #29
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

£7.50 here. 2 for me , 2 for the girlfriend , and one random i put the wrong numbers for.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 19:58   #30
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i buy a ticket with the syndicate at work.

If we win the Home Office is going to shit

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 20:23   #31
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all

Seems to me it makes more sense to just stick with the good old National Lottery, you're over 5 times more likley to win that jackpot than the Euromillions one. Is £85 million really going to change your life that much more than £5 Million? That plus I never understood the way people suddenly play more when the jackpot is higher after a few rollovers, it just means the odds are there'll be more winners so the huge jackpot prize dilutes to a normal sized jackpot prize per winner anyway and it's not like your chance of winning is improved just because the prize fund is bigger!

Odds of jackpot win:
Euromillions = 50!/45!/5! * 9!/7!/2! = 1 in 76,257,360
Lotto = 49!/43!/6! = 1 in 13,983,816

Kick the Baby! - did we rock your world?
Emperor Rozenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 20:40   #32
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

comparing odds on different lotteries is like comparing aids to cancer. It's just never going to happen.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 21:21   #33
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Rozenski
snip
you dont get it do you?

you dont play the lottery because you can win, its a fantasy bet, its cheap and a dream. If you win you just gained a dream cheaply. If you lose, you lose, big deal you arent going to lose sleep over it.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 21:30   #34
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
She bought her ticket in a local shop, Garryown Stores.

For a laugh I've bought my €4 ticket there.
Did any of the chavs beat you or her up then? I'm sure they hang outside of shops.[/poor joke]
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 21:43   #35
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope someone thats won the lottery has had this conversation with a dubious person, and went back and just went "HA!"

I dont do the lottery btw :P

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 08:18   #36
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

its another rollover
estimated jackpot is £100 million
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 11:05   #37
pig
1up on you

yep I didnt win, will try next week ;o
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 13:15   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

I shall buy a ticket next week. I'm due a bit of good ****ing luck so **** you god if you **** me over again.
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 16:54   #39
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Didn't win either.

*shakes fist at the sky*

DONT MAKE ME COME UP THERE!
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 17:03   #40
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I shall buy a ticket next week. I'm due a bit of good ****ing luck so **** you god if you **** me over again.
Looks like the whole 'luck of the irish' missed you, sucka

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 17:12   #41
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I WON!

...no not really. not even a bean.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 00:02   #42
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

No-one won the jackpot, so it's up for grabs again next Friday, and currently predicted to be over £100,000,000 (€146,000,000 approx)

Code:
Match		All	Irish 	Prize
		Winners	Winners
5 + 2 Stars 	0 	0 	€0
5 + 1 Star 	18 	1 	€ 373,221
5 		23 	0 	€82,889
4 + 2 Stars 	261 	4 	€5,217
4 + 1 Star 	3,645 	95 	€249
4 		5,539 	136 	€115
3 + 2 Stars 	12,248 	283 	€74
3 + 1 Star 	157,305 4,084	€29
2 + 2 Stars 	180,780 4,224	€22
3 		244,081 6,135 	€17
1 + 2 Stars 	971,110 23,201	€9
2 + 1 Stars 	2,330,229 60,385€9
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 00:09   #43
SOL

SOL is on a distinguished road

if i win ill pay for another free rd of pa

................................................prepare to pay for your own credits
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 02:46   #44
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

hmm, i might buy a ticket or 2 this week, im also due some good luck, but God hates me, so ill win £2.50 or something stupid like that....
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 04:57   #45
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpig #1
hmm, i might buy a ticket or 2 this week, im also due some good luck, but God hates me, so ill win £2.50 or something stupid like that....
If God really hated you you'd end up breaking both your legs on the way to the get the ticket, so you'd end up in the hospital and have to ask your friend to get it, and before he get's back you choke on some hospital food and they put you in intensive care because you went into a coma so your friend stuffs the lottery tickets in the pocket of your hospital gown and soon you wake up and then as the winning lottery numbers are announced the hospital has an electrical outage as they call of your winning numbers sparks fly around the tv, set the roof on fire, the bolts holding the tv to the ceiling come off, the thing drops, lands on the edge of your bed causing it to flip, throwing you down on your neck, it breaks and your cup of tea ruins your new clean, white, hospital socks as you die in the dark in agony. The nurse who gave rough treatment spots the ticket and gets all the winnings. Your family and all your friends end up bankrupt and homeless without you to support them.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 12:33   #46
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey I won £7.30. £1.30 profit eh, not spectacular but it's a start.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 12:34   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Hey I won £7.30. £1.30 profit eh, not spectacular but it's a start.
Luck of the people who are quite close to Ireland sometimes.
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 03:33   #48
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but that doesn't matter particularly.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that it's a million to one odds to win. The prize is a £1m. A million people play (keeping this simple) and one person wins the full prize.

Now, it's the same lottery so same odds but the prize is now £80m because 80m people have bought tickets. 80 people pick the same (winning) numbers and they all win £1m each. Obviously that's a really simplistic case but the point is the odds of winning remain exactly the same. You're more likely to share your prize, but it's a bigger prize proportionally, so it doesn't matter.

Obviously there are some numbers which are more popular than others, but that's not really related to how many people play per week.

Understand the point your making, but just one extra point I'd like to add to it:

Theres probably some kind of elasticity law that describes how the amount of people playing changes in comparison to the jackpot, and I'd be prepared to put a good lot of money into saying it aint a linear relationship like described above. Theres only so many people who have the potential and the motivation to actually buy a ticket...
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 03:40   #49
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If i win £100 Million , trust me , my football team are going to Disneyland. Or the SPL. One of the two.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 04:16   #50
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
If i win £100 Million , trust me , my football team are going to Disneyland. Or the SPL. One of the two.
You're going to spend your winnings on a team of people you barely know because they kick a ball around. Amazing.