User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Apr 2006, 22:18   #151
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alcohol or Pot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
I was originally making the point that objective reality exists despite our perceptions. No matter your perception of it, your problem remains the same on waking up as it was the night before.
Again, I agree.

Quote:
Our perception of reality should not cloud the fact that an objective reality exists. Perceptions only matter insofar as they affect our relationship with objective reality, and this relationship is always arbitrated by reality itself.
Well, I don't really know what you mean by "arbritrated" here. I suspect you're missing the dialectic (lol!) between reality, will and perception.

Let's use an example. You go to the doctors and they tell you that you have one year to live (and this being a hypothetical case we'll say it's pretty much 100% assured you will die at this point). You are mortified and go home feeling utterly depressed. The next few days you cannot get out of bed due to your emotional state and are a wreck. However, after one night's sleep you wake up feeling different. You feel much more positive and accept this reality and decide to get as much done in your remaining year as you possibly can. You will travel, you will meet people, you will write. And so on.

Now, the "reality" is that before and after this ephiphany your situation is the same (i.e. you will die in a years time). However, your outlook (and therefore your behaviour) will be completely different, depending on how you decide to view things. In a non-hypothetical case (i.e. where you don't know for sure you'll die) you can often improve your reality by changing your perspective (and thus behaviour).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 23:31   #152
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
And as I have said, almost every single cost benefit analysis contains unknown variables.
And as I have stressed there is a real cost benefit analysis. what companies and (people who get caught) call a cost benefit analysis is not a real one. it's guess work

SO if you are prepared to risk 7 years in prison and an unlimted fine on guess work then frankly enjoy yourself.

My only point is that it is an irrational thing to do.

I don't see why you're running around in circles over this. All you need do is accept that you have chosen to act irrationally. FINE that is your choice!!

EDIT: Honestly you people. I'm a ****ing god. I don't need to convert you. I will tell you truths. I will even explain them to you (in detail and in repitition ad nauseam). I don't actually care what you do. It is no concern of mine. All that concerns me is when you lie to yourselves and to me.

Last edited by Yahwe; 4 Apr 2006 at 23:38.
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 00:03   #153
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Alcohol everytime.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 02:50   #154
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
WHEN CONSIDERING A VOLUNTARY NON-ESSENTIAL RECREATIONAL COURSE OF ACTIONwhere a risk is inherently incapable of calculation and therefore assesment it is not rational to simply guess.

The only rational course of action is to avoid that risk completely.
sup Pascal, hows church going?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 03:15   #155
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I cant decide
I prefer both in moderation.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 08:43   #156
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
OK, enough is enough. Dante has already established what a cost benefit analysis is. We have had anechdotal evidence and I have even provided the statisitcs, which you blithely ignored.

You are about as likely to get imprisoned for e possession as you are to get struck by lighting, if you are careful it is just not going to happen. Even if you are one of the less than 1% of e users who get arrested, if you are honest with the police (and White) you will get a caution. So there is in practical terms no risk here, you lost the argument a few pages ago.
Amsterdam for the win
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 09:01   #157
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
you lost the argument a few pages ago.
T&F blazes yahwe again. he's a glutton for punishment
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 15:42   #158
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
OK, enough is enough. Dante has already established what a cost benefit analysis is. We have had anechdotal evidence and I have even provided the statisitcs, which you blithely ignored.

You are about as likely to get imprisoned for e possession as you are to get struck by lighting, if you are careful it is just not going to happen. Even if you are one of the less than 1% of e users who get arrested, if you are honest with the police (and White) you will get a caution. So there is in practical terms no risk here, you lost the argument a few pages ago.
I am unsurprised at my inability to get you to understand.

How curious you should analogise with lightning... lightning can be thrown so can convictions be.
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 15:58   #159
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
A is an undergraduate at university. A wants to enjoy a good night out. A is presented with two choices:

1) The blue pill: This pill will provide the necessary intoxication. It is widely available and may be publically consumed. But the downside is that his friends won't think he's very cool if he takes it and when taken in excessive dosage the blue pill causes, in the short term - headaches and vomitting, in the long term- liver damage.

2) The red pill: This pill will provide the necessary intoxication. In the present market it is better value than the blue pill and provides more 'bang for his buck'. The downside of this pill is that it's longterm medical effects have not been conclusively studied so the side-effects are unknow. Also the red pill is a Class A drug meaning that mere possession carries a 7 years max prison sentence and an unlimited potential fine (if caught).

Advise A.
2) almost sounds like having sex, except that in sex, the prison sentence is more like 18 years and the fine is about 30k.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 16:02   #160
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I am unsurprised at my inability to get you to understand.

How curious you should analogise with lightning... lightning can be thrown so can convictions be.
are you threatening T&F with throwing a conviction at him?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote