User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 May 2007, 15:22   #1
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
TGV member and losing roids? Thank Kargool.

Last night Ascendancy planet targetted TGV for the second time in a week. The first time was a response to a night of several galraids targeting Ascendancy heavy galaxies. So heavy was the targetting that TGV went from being outside the top5 hostile alliances to being #1 hostile in one night. We felt that something had to be done, and attacked. There's a little vague discussion about it here.

Afterwards, a short discussion between one of us and one of them cleared the air, and we agreed that hitting eachother was not going to get us anywhere. We didn't make a NAP, just acknowledged that we might occasionally cross paths and that we shouldn't let this escalate.

Then yesterday, the group organizing the evening's attacks received word that TGV and possibly Orbit were going for Ascendancy that night. We quickly decided that if this were the case, we had no choice but to scrap our current plans and planet target TGV or Orbit. To avoid the unnecessary escalation we had discussed with TGV HC earlier, someone was volunteered to go talk to TGV HC and see if this was actually the case.

I was volunteered, mostly because everyone bar myself and jerome of the attack group was busy. So I went and did something I was quite worried wouldn't go well. I PMed Kargool.

For those of you who don't know, Ascendancy gives high ingame access to some people that don't take the game very seriously. These people occasionally send out messages to other alliances that are meant only for fun. Some alliances respond in kind, others report the messages to the MHs. TGV have traditionally been of the latter inclination. And we've had some specific run-ins with Kargool that have left him with little but hostility for our little gang of miscreants. Personally, I don't really need him to like me and I've done very little in the way of endearing myself with him.

So you can guess what happened when I PMed him and wanted to talk about whether or not TGV were planning to be hostile to Ascendancy tonight. He made it quite clear that he wasn't going to talk to us at all.

This left us with no choice but to go ahead and hit TGV. We asked around and found some other (awesome) folks that wanted to give it a go with us. The result is today's 17% drop in size on TGV.

So if you're TGV and got roided today, just remember that all it would have taken to prevent this was Kargool saying 'No, we're not going to hit Ascendancy tonight', and I would have taken it at face value, because I'm just that kind of guy.

How do you know I'm being honest? Because jerome spoke with Orbit and they levelled with us.
Unread 18 May 2007, 15:31   #2
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold
Re: TGV member and losing roids? Thank Kargool.

I got covered

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 16:22   #3
Juffled

Juffled has a spectacular aura aboutJuffled has a spectacular aura about

asc didnt get many roid gains, did u lose some as well or did your (awesome) allies land and you not?
R6 - [Fury]
R19/20/21 - [TGV]
R22 - [Ascendency]
Juffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 16:29   #4
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

2.8k roids lost at 3 planets tends to mask any gains
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 16:32   #5
Juffled

fair enough
R6 - [Fury]
R19/20/21 - [TGV]
R22 - [Ascendency]
Unread 18 May 2007, 17:40   #6
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

can i just thank Kargool anyways?

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 17:40   #7
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I really honestly thought that ascendancy was a friendly alliance, and that if we attacked anyone it would be someone evil like WP.
I have to agree with jester's logic though:
"Bitch, if you are going to attack me, then I am going to stomp your face!!"
Or something equally vulgar and rude.

In defence of TGV, I boycotted #ascendancy for a full day in protest.
Unread 18 May 2007, 18:24   #8
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

i didnt find boycott as a synonym to 'inactive laziness' in the Thesaurus :/
Unread 18 May 2007, 20:34   #9
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Last night Ascendancy planet targetted TGV for the second time in a week. The first time was a response to a night of several galraids targeting Ascendancy heavy galaxies. So heavy was the targetting that TGV went from being outside the top5 hostile alliances to being #1 hostile in one night. We felt that something had to be done, and attacked. There's a little vague discussion about it here.

Afterwards, a short discussion between one of us and one of them cleared the air, and we agreed that hitting eachother was not going to get us anywhere. We didn't make a NAP, just acknowledged that we might occasionally cross paths and that we shouldn't let this escalate.

Then yesterday, the group organizing the evening's attacks received word that TGV and possibly Orbit were going for Ascendancy that night. We quickly decided that if this were the case, we had no choice but to scrap our current plans and planet target TGV or Orbit. To avoid the unnecessary escalation we had discussed with TGV HC earlier, someone was volunteered to go talk to TGV HC and see if this was actually the case.

I was volunteered, mostly because everyone bar myself and jerome of the attack group was busy. So I went and did something I was quite worried wouldn't go well. I PMed Kargool.

For those of you who don't know, Ascendancy gives high ingame access to some people that don't take the game very seriously. These people occasionally send out messages to other alliances that are meant only for fun. Some alliances respond in kind, others report the messages to the MHs. TGV have traditionally been of the latter inclination. And we've had some specific run-ins with Kargool that have left him with little but hostility for our little gang of miscreants. Personally, I don't really need him to like me and I've done very little in the way of endearing myself with him.

So you can guess what happened when I PMed him and wanted to talk about whether or not TGV were planning to be hostile to Ascendancy tonight. He made it quite clear that he wasn't going to talk to us at all.

This left us with no choice but to go ahead and hit TGV. We asked around and found some other (awesome) folks that wanted to give it a go with us. The result is today's 17% drop in size on TGV.

So if you're TGV and got roided today, just remember that all it would have taken to prevent this was Kargool saying 'No, we're not going to hit Ascendancy tonight', and I would have taken it at face value, because I'm just that kind of guy.

How do you know I'm being honest? Because jerome spoke with Orbit and they levelled with us.

Lets see, how to respond in a matter to make myself quite clear.

Ascendancy have had a rather sad tendency to try and impose their views and their actions on others. They succeed quite well, I gotta hand it to them. Sadly I would more say it is the incapability of alliances to withstand pressure from such a "happy inactive" bunch as Ascendancy is. (I find it funny that most of them had time to recall and relaunch with great vigor during the night, which in my opinion kind of disproves their "oh, we're so inactive it hurts policy")

Last night there was a discussion which Orbit started in a certain channel about hitting ascendancy after a somewhat naughty raid on a certain Orbit planet. VsN was also quite bugged by Ascendancy's behavior, and so was a few other alliances. The discussion which i am most certain was relayed in detail by some horrified top tier alliance hc to a threatening ascendancy hc after the asc hc said : "Whats up?", I wont even begin to try and describe.

Ascendancy have this round involved themselves a lot more in politics than usual and that i welcome, finally they are taking the step up to become a full blown alliance. And cudos for taking the fluent politics strategy which others like Dingo have succeeded so well with in the past, but mostly only works because others are terrified with the endgame if someone crosses asc or simply just wants to use said alliance as muppets. However TGV is not such an alliance that run and hide if someone threatens them, and we don't really care if your alliance name is ascendancy or 1up or whomever, but it was an honor that ascendancy saw us as such a big threat that they had to team up with NewDawn in order to penalize someone for doing something that in the end never happened.

When a member of another alliance pm's me about whether or not we are going to attack them that night, i don't see it as my obligation to inform them about whether or not we are going to do that. This is mainly because all alliances today seem to get intel on all the other alliances actions even before someone has set up a raid. Which i can only feel is a sad sad development if people cant keep some cards close to their chest before revealing their own actions. Is this kind of predictability what we are gonna get in the game I will say that the politics reeks of a rather boring and one dimensional thinking.

So, kudos to ascendancy for attacking us on their "solid" information that we were gonna attack them. (How many tgv fleets did ascendancy receive based on their "solid information is another story, which i am certain the honchos in ascendancy will blabber on extensively after my reply.)

Oh, and btw, this is the only comment TGV officially will give to this thread and any other thread being made about this or similar subjects.
Unread 18 May 2007, 21:21   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I understand you're not responding to anymore posts, a laughably crap position on a discussion forum incidentally, but seriously, when did we threaten you? Like, ever?

None of this really contradicts jester's point though, your refusal to give a one word response in an atypical situation led to ascendancy targeting tgv.
Unread 18 May 2007, 22:26   #11
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

So, if Kargool had answered 'Yes', you would have not targetted TGV?
Unread 18 May 2007, 22:28   #12
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hand there's a lot of XP for TGV if they get roids off you, provided they don't crash.
Unread 18 May 2007, 22:41   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
So, if Kargool had answered 'Yes', you would have not targetted TGV?
This was not the case, they were actually not targeting us. As such this would have been a rather bizzare thing to say. Obviously implying he needed to say "no". The word "bananas" would have been a one word response as well but clearly this is not what I was referring to.

PS I've entirely forgotten what xp is
Unread 18 May 2007, 22:54   #14
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

If they were not going to target you, why not just say 'no'. I think they wanted to target you, but your talks with orbit might have coerced them into scratching their plans.
Unread 18 May 2007, 23:04   #15
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tbh Jester the fact that Kargool wouldn't speak to you is probably your own doing. Asc have pretty much made themselves an annoying joke due to 'their' actions. You hide behind a "we don't take it seriously" mask yet have a membership that's as good as anyone's and the rest of us are left to sit here wondering exactly what your intentions are.

To add to the confusion you have members who as you mentioned aren't shy of sending threats out to other alliances and any attempt to talk to anyone to clarify anything about the threats is met with people acting like clueless idiots, refusing the acknowledge the threats and just a general behaviour that infuriates people for your own amusement

So when you then approach someone what else do you expect but to get the cold shoulder. Its easier to assume your once again just going to be yanking your chain. If you want to get a better reception then you need to make up your mind, either your a proper alliance and your get treated more respectfully by others or your just a practical joke and your treated as such by others.

Additionally as Kargool said why should he have told you they were attacking. I've been told myself that alliances haven't been planning to hit F-Crew and have and I know ive told others that F-Crew wasn't planning to target them and we have. Its part of the game especially as leaks are almost inevitable
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 23:06   #16
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm not flabbergasted that TGV lost 17% of their roids, but that Ascendancy organized something

Thought Ascendancy members were supposed to idle
Unread 18 May 2007, 23:45   #17
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
either your a proper alliance and your get treated more respectfully by others or your just a practical joke and your treated as such by others.
Are you implying that a non-alliance was able to take 17% of TGVs roids? I suppose then they should be grateful none of the real alliances decided to attack them. :)
Unread 18 May 2007, 23:54   #18
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Revealed: Ascendancy conspire to enjoy the game!

Run for the hills!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 23:55   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I'm not flabbergasted that TGV lost 17% of their roids, but that Ascendancy organized something

Thought Ascendancy members were supposed to idle
We tried, but no one does it better than you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2007, 23:57   #20
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
You hide behind a "we don't take it seriously" mask yet have a membership that's as good as anyone's and the rest of us are left to sit here wondering exactly what your intentions are.
I'll take a wild stab in the dark here and guess their intentions are to have fun.

Quote:
Additionally as Kargool said why should he have told you they were attacking. I've been told myself that alliances haven't been planning to hit F-Crew and have and I know ive told others that F-Crew wasn't planning to target them and we have. Its part of the game especially as leaks are almost inevitable
I don't think anyone would seriously dispute this, but I don't see that it has much to do with anything. I think most people playing the game would agree that if they suspected that someone was going to attack them, and felt they had pretty good evidence, and then confronted that person, and he refused to commit either way, they would prob. want to take some action.

Certainly if they didn't under those circumstances, they shouldn't expect to not get done over themselves.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 00:06   #21
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
(I find it funny that most of them had time to recall and relaunch with great vigor during the night, which in my opinion kind of disproves their "oh, we're so inactive it hurts policy")
We call these people 'Americans'. Funnily enough, I launched one attack and managed to launch on entirely the wrong coords (the scans confused me ). I recalled at eta 1, though it later transpired that I could have landed for 300 roids . Still, managed to launch two more attacks when I woke up, and did OK out of those.

Quote:
Last night there was a discussion which Orbit started in a certain channel about hitting ascendancy after a somewhat naughty raid on a certain Orbit planet. VsN was also quite bugged by Ascendancy's behavior, and so was a few other alliances. The discussion which i am most certain was relayed in detail by some horrified top tier alliance hc to a threatening ascendancy hc after the asc hc said : "Whats up?", I wont even begin to try and describe.
You seem to be forgetting the point that we've only bothered targeting anyone who has targeted us first. We favour generally plain talking and plain strategy. We're happy to deal with people who will talk to us; people who target our planets, then refuse to talk to us, tend to meet with our disapproval. And when we disapprove of someone, we don't go around trash-talking them to other alliances, we simply attack them.

Quote:
Ascendancy have this round involved themselves a lot more in politics than usual and that i welcome, finally they are taking the step up to become a full blown alliance. And cudos for taking the fluent politics strategy which others like Dingo have succeeded so well with in the past, but mostly only works because others are terrified with the endgame if someone crosses asc or simply just wants to use said alliance as muppets. However TGV is not such an alliance that run and hide if someone threatens them, and we don't really care if your alliance name is ascendancy or 1up or whomever, but it was an honor that ascendancy saw us as such a big threat that they had to team up with NewDawn in order to penalize someone for doing something that in the end never happened.
This round's 'politics' are a joke. So far as I understand it, the 'politics' consists of a bunch of alliances talking about how they need to stop WP without ever doing anything about it, and another bunch of alliances generally trying to avoid incoming from WP. Everyone goes around swapping roids; even CT aren't throwing their full firepower at WP and they're ranked 2nd!

Quote:
When a member of another alliance pm's me about whether or not we are going to attack them that night, i don't see it as my obligation to inform them about whether or not we are going to do that.
It might not be an obligation, but it might be a good idea. We're all grown ups, and there's no point playing dumb. Contrary to what you seem to believe, your targeting priorities aren't some huge secret which must be guarded at all costs. It's ok to share a bit of information with another alliances, especially if it defuses a tense situation.

Quote:
This is mainly because all alliances today seem to get intel on all the other alliances actions even before someone has set up a raid. Which i can only feel is a sad sad development if people cant keep some cards close to their chest before revealing their own actions. Is this kind of predictability what we are gonna get in the game I will say that the politics reeks of a rather boring and one dimensional thinking.
This is exactly what I mean. How old are you now? 26? Can you really say "we're not telling you anything, it's a secret!!!" with a straight face? "Intel" is the most ridiculously over-used word in PA; people talk seriously about "intel" as if they're James Bond uncovering the codes to Soviet nuclear weapons or something. It really doesn't make all that much difference if we know who you are attacking. I've experienced playing in very 'secure' (almost paranoid) alliances like 1up and Fury, and I can honestly say that taking a much more relaxed attitude makes no difference. The "intel" just isn't that valuable.

Quote:
So, kudos to ascendancy for attacking us on their "solid" information that we were gonna attack them. (How many tgv fleets did ascendancy receive based on their "solid information is another story, which i am certain the honchos in ascendancy will blabber on extensively after my reply.)
The information came, as I understand it, from CT HC. Obviously they were misinformed, and we didn't simply take their word for it either - that's why we tried to ask you if it was true. You could easily have said 'no' and saved us all the trouble.

I'm not going to bother quoting wakey's post, but I will point out that it's logically inconsistent. It begins by asserting that Ascendancy 'hide behind' the 'not serious' image despite being 'as good as anyone'. Two paragraphs later we're a 'practical joke'. I'll happily admit that we like a joke, but I think we've always been open to serious discussion if people want it.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 00:20   #22
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab
I'll take a wild stab in the dark here and guess their intentions are to have fun.

I don't think anyone would seriously dispute this, but I don't see that it has much to do with anything. I think most people playing the game would agree that if they suspected that someone was going to attack them, and felt they had pretty good evidence, and then confronted that person, and he refused to commit either way, they would prob. want to take some action.

Certainly if they didn't under those circumstances, they shouldn't expect to not get done over themselves.
I would say pretty much every alliances intention is to 'have fun'. What I meant though was more do they want to have fun as an alliance by playing the game or by playing jokes on people.

Most people who have ever tried to have a serious discussion with Asc when one of their members has sent a mail which you arent sure is serious or not will tell you the yanking of chains they do goes well beyond a joke at times and i think its save to assume that most people if approached by someone from Asc having been burnt before by them will do what Kargool did because who really wants to be jerked around for hours.

Which is what my point is, they constantly play the "We aren't serious" card and then when they finally decide to act serious create a thread on here attacking Kargool for not listening to what he assumed would be a waste of time convo to amuse the asc masses at his expense
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 00:26   #23
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In Ascendancy there is only one rule: don't be shit. Shit in Ascendancy has very broad meaning. No one is responsible for anything apart from the running of the tag, or Munin. People put in as much effort as they want to and that's it. Taking it seriously is neither here nor there for us.

The point of this thread was by no means a way of slapping ourselves on the back. It's simply an example of the basic conditions we set that warrant us setting up the bomb on x and y alliance. I'd say targetting us and failing to level with us to dispel any fear of being hit are reasonable conditions for an alliance like ours that generally ambles along.

In my opinion there are people who have taken liberties with our alliance this round and TGV just happened to grab our attention enough for us to make them pay for it.
Unread 19 May 2007, 00:58   #24
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm in 100% agreement with lokken and Rob here. The simple truth is we, the average Ascendancy member, generally* just wants to do his own thing, play the game in his own style and have some fun in a relaxed atmosphere with other players who approach PA in a similar way. The fact that some people completely misconstrue this to mean we don't want high scoring planets or for our alliance to do well is not our fault. I suppose it is true that our lack of rules does allow some of our more comedically inclined members (paging Stoom to thread 194497) more latitude of expression than in other alliances but it is genuinely meant in good fun and stems from enjoyment of the game rather than, as wakey says, some dark and twisted desire to **** people over.

The truth is that if left to our own devices we aren't a terribly organised alliance in the traditional sense. However if pushed then of course we will defend ourselves to the very best of our ability using absolutely every tool and contact at our disposal. What's wrong with that?

*Obviously this is a generalisation. Any Asc member to whom this does not apply should feel free to mock me appropriately.

Last edited by Achilles; 19 May 2007 at 01:03.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 01:12   #25
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

oh hay Lokken congrats for winning round 16!
Unread 19 May 2007, 01:27   #26
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
We tried, but no one does it better than you.
pft, I'd own TGV-planets any day with my non-existent planet
Unread 19 May 2007, 02:48   #27
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Its well known that you lot have some aweomse circle jerk going on where you all like to come on Kargool's face and shit on his chest. So because Kargool didn't tell you what his alliance were up to (seriously, I see no reason why he had to tell you anything, although yes it could have saved all this bother), you decided to hit his alliance (fair enough, you're allowed to) and parade it around of AD obviously trying to get his alliance to dislike him or whatever (which again, you're allowed to).

Well done. I'm still not sure of the point of this thread is other than you trying to take more cheap shots at Kargool.

x

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 03:42   #28
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yeah, get a life guys. You seriously need to get out more.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 03:51   #29
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfy
Its well known that you lot have some aweomse circle jerk going on where you all like to come on Kargool's face and shit on his chest. So because Kargool didn't tell you what his alliance were up to (seriously, I see no reason why he had to tell you anything, although yes it could have saved all this bother), you decided to hit his alliance (fair enough, you're allowed to) and parade it around of AD obviously trying to get his alliance to dislike him or whatever (which again, you're allowed to).

Well done. I'm still not sure of the point of this thread is other than you trying to take more cheap shots at Kargool.
He started it!

On a serious note it seems VsN and TGV have teamed up tonight to hit Ascendancy back. All avid followers of this unparalleled tale of heroism should stay tuned to Sandmans tomorrow for the big scoop on how they did. WE ARE ASCENDENCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

We play in interesting times folks.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 04:34   #30
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
I'm in 100% agreement with lokken and Rob here. The simple truth is we, the average Ascendancy member, generally* just wants to do his own thing, play the game in his own style and have some fun in a relaxed atmosphere with other players who approach PA in a similar way.
In the good old days this was called fence-sitting, and was frowned upon
Unread 19 May 2007, 04:47   #31
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
He started it!

On a serious note it seems VsN and TGV have teamed up tonight to hit Ascendancy back. All avid followers of this unparalleled tale of heroism should stay tuned to Sandmans tomorrow for the big scoop on how they did. WE ARE ASCENDENCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

We play in interesting times folks.
/me puts on his viking hat (err, helm). Go go go!
Unread 19 May 2007, 04:52   #32
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
In the good old days this was called fence-sitting, and was frowned upon
No it was not called fence-sitting. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to work out the difference between fence-sitting and "doing your own thing".
Unread 19 May 2007, 06:49   #33
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Is an ascendancy attack on TGV the highlight of the round?

Lucky next round is a free one.
Unread 19 May 2007, 08:44   #34
Juffled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Is an ascendancy attack on TGV the highlight of the round?

Lucky next round is a free one.
well the subh tof war is currently amazing, the subh member in our galaxy got 1 wave tonight out of the 40 that are recalling from us.

also i dont see why kargool had to say yes we are hitting you tonight either, he could of just said no we are targetting wp with another alliance (a lie) and what would of happened, I am sure that a majority of you lot when you played in your more serious alliances would of done something similar, if not identical.

Also rob the reason intel didnt make so much difference to fury and 1up was due to the military clout they had anyway. At TGV although we do have alot of good members there is no way we can claim to be at the same standard of alliance as fury were (not sure on 1up was not about when they were around) so when we are attacking an alliance which lets face it has a better average player skill than every other alliance in the game currently all advantages do help. Our attacks would of gone alot better if you had not of known as (and i dont care what you say here as your clearly wrong or lieing if you say otherwise) you definately made a slightly greater effort knowing you were getting incs, getting up at ??am and checking etc, people would of done this no matter what you said, hence yes its an advantage to know your being attacked and so kargool clearly did do the right thing in not saying yes we are.
R6 - [Fury]
R19/20/21 - [TGV]
R22 - [Ascendency]
Unread 19 May 2007, 09:32   #35
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juffled
also i dont see why kargool had to say yes we are hitting you tonight either, he could of just said no we are targetting wp with another alliance (a lie) and what would of happened, I am sure that a majority of you lot when you played in your more serious alliances would of done something similar, if not identical.
Works for the first game, but in laters ones your credibility is destroyed. And anyway, Ascendancy could have just laid the smackdown on TGV the next night anyway. And probably kept it going for longer as well just to 'encourage' honesty in future.

I'm assuming they don't have anything better to do, that is.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 09:50   #36
Juffled

yes i know gate but the reason the roid loss was so large was due to our attacks not landing and losing roids, the losing roids would of been less and we could of maybe been prepared for the next night a bit better and maybe not lost 14% or whatever it was

Agreed it works once and not in the future and does kargool have any credibility with asc anyway, they dont seem to like him too much

[edit, not a slur on kargool just a factual statement on ascs views on him, before someone takes it out of context]
R6 - [Fury]
R19/20/21 - [TGV]
R22 - [Ascendency]
Unread 19 May 2007, 10:00   #37
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Clunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura about

I can't see what the issue is here - Surely each alliance is out there for themselves rather than giving two damns about who gets mauled?

In a real war situation, you wouldn't disclose who you're going to attack to a potential enemy before you attack, would you?

I'm all in favour of twisted, lying PA politics, it's what makes the game interesting if you ask me. It just seems that some players/alliances are getting a bit too anal about these matters.

/two cents.
Clunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 10:06   #38
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Agreed it works once and not in the future and does kargool have any credibility with asc anyway, they dont seem to like him too much
If Kargool had said no, jester would probably have believed him.

Even if they don't like each other.

Still, at least something interesting seems to have happened this round. I've kept popping back to see what's going on, and until now it looked like nothing.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 10:30   #39
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
I've kept popping back to see what's going on, and until now it looked like nothing.
Stop pretending you don't have a planet and apply in game! ;P
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 10:41   #40
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help but think a 10 wave TGV attack on a planet with ~750 roids is a little excessive.

Your members find it highly retarded too.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 10:59   #41
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yes i know gate but the reason the roid loss was so large was due to our attacks not landing and losing roids, the losing roids would of been less and we could of maybe been prepared for the next night a bit better and maybe not lost 14% or whatever it was

[edit, not a slur on kargool just a factual statement on ascs views on him, before someone takes it out of context]
I definitely don't like Kargool, but that doesn't mean we aren't honest with each other. In fact, Kargool is rarely anything but rudely honest to us and likewise in return.

To answer Gio2k's question, if Kargool had said 'yes', our response would have been one of 'en garde', 'may the best gathering of PA playing idiots win', 'spooooooooooooon!' or perhaps 'FINE HAVE IT YOUR WAY'.

The main difference is that Kargool speaks for his entire alliance, whereas I would be speaking for myself. You see, Ascendancy isn't as he says 'a full-blown alliance'. I can organize an attack, but even as HC I can't make anyone join it. It's easy to motivate people to hit TGV though.

11:55:26 < Munin> Top attackers on alliance Ascendancy are TGV - 279 | Vision - 277 | Orbit - 189 | Wolfpack - 170 | TOF - 157

Pretty much everyone has had TGV incoming, and when Kargool is considered something of a brat on top of that, everyone joins in.
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:01   #42
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
That didnt work with Vision the day before the asc/tgv thing. We said we were attacking WP (which we actually were*), then got jumped by a significant Asc attack - apparently retal for hitting "their gals".

We just follow the roids - atm, its ascendency who has them .

*Roid phat gals with more WP in than normal
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:06   #43
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
That didnt work with Vision the day before the asc/tgv thing. We said we were attacking WP (which we actually were*), then got jumped by a significant Asc attack - apparently retal for hitting "their gals".

We just follow the roids - atm, its ascendency who has them .

*Roid phat gals with more WP in than normal
And we retaliate when people try to take our roids. It doesn't matter if we're the primary target, secondary target or incidentals, we will come after you. As you can see on my post above, Vision and TGV are the two most hostile alliances to us. That's why they were planet targeted.
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:10   #44
JonnyBGood
Banned

As can be quite clearly seen from the stats jester just posted TGV and vision are the most hostile alliances to ascendancy. As such a good healthy night of planet-targetting was always in order. Further events, however, are contingent on other circumstances.

efb
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:20   #45
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I was mainly commenting/despairing that even though we were in communication with you regarding our (more or less peaceful) intentions, you still chose to attack - i suppose the purpose of this thread was to suggest to all that asc was upfront with their intentions towards others, and that if that behaviour was reciprocated, then all will be fluffy. Alas, apparently* this might not always be the case, as asc's specific targeting of us after a similar kind of discussion certainly rasied a few eyebrows with the DCs at Vision.

I'm not being critical of being retalled for attacking you so much (i wasnt aware that it was quite *that* much, but still) - i'm just saying its a little too easy to say that you're being upfront when you seem to not always follow that behaviour. Androx is still hurt, i had to sex0r him extra special the next day .

*as i understand it, having gone to work just as the first waves were launched.
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:22   #46
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

alliance current kp rp hostile

Ascendancy hostile 38 58 189

Feel free to pm me your entire co-ords list if you want the "accurate" number of hostile attacks by ascendancy.

Who started to target the other is something that i dont think neither ascendancy or we will agree upon. But seing as one of their members decided to put up our co-ords for public display early in the round, you can only start to guess why we decided to actually target asc instead of ignoring them like we usually do.
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:23   #47
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I was mainly commenting/despairing that even though we were in communication with you regarding our (more or less peaceful) intentions, you still chose to attack - i suppose the purpose of this thread was to suggest to all that asc was upfront with their intentions towards others, and that if that behaviour was reciprocated, then all will be fluffy. Alas, apparently* this might not always be the case, as asc's specific targeting of us after a similar kind of discussion certainly rasied a few eyebrows with the DCs at Vision.

I'm not being critical of being retalled for attacking you so much (i wasnt aware that it was quite *that* much, but still) - i'm just saying its a little too easy to say that you're being upfront when you seem to not always follow that behaviour. Androx is still hurt, i had to sex0r him extra special the next day .

*as i understand it, having gone to work just as the first waves were launched.
I think you have the order of events mixed up. We didn't ask you guys. You had hit us, so we hit you back. Then we went and talked to your guy, and agreed that nothing further need come of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
alliance current kp rp hostile

Ascendancy hostile 38 58 189

Feel free to pm me your entire co-ords list if you want the "accurate" number of hostile attacks by ascendancy.

Who started to target the other is something that i dont think neither ascendancy or we will agree upon. But seing as one of their members decided to put up our co-ords for public display early in the round, you can only start to guess why we decided to actually target asc instead of ignoring them like we usually do.
Wow am I ever glad WP, CT and Angels were more mature than you about that coords thing. Would've been a short round for us, eh?
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:26   #48
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
I think you have the order of events mixed up. We didn't ask you guys. You had hit us, so we hit you back. Then we went and talked to your guy, and agreed that nothing further need come of it.
That is entirely possible, having only just (as of what, 24? mins ago) decided to wade into the politics part of this game again since maybe 2002. However, Kargool mentioned in his first post in this thread something along those lines (that we were all o_O - its a technical term), and it seemed to fit the chronological order.
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:26   #49
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:

The main difference is that Kargool speaks for his entire alliance, whereas I would be speaking for myself. You see, Ascendancy isn't as he says 'a full-blown alliance'. I can organize an attack, but even as HC I can't make anyone join it. It's easy to motivate people to hit TGV though.
Well, gee, that must be one of the most retarded rhetorics I've ever seen in use. Are you saying that you hold no power over your own alliance when you claim to be a hc of the alliance? Who sets up the attacks then? Do the entire group huddle together and the one who masturbates the longest wins?
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:27   #50
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:

Wow am I ever glad WP, CT and Angels were more mature than you about that coords thing. Would've been a short round for us, eh?
More mature, or just to coward to care?