User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 13 Nov 2006, 00:41   #1
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough
No Alliancetags!

So, what about stop screwing around with more over regulation of the game and try a round, or a few with private gals, witch are open to randoms.
I'd say bring back the chaos, the wars and stop overregulating this game untill it's dead.
Bring back some of the actually feeling of a wargame instead of this new found alliance game. Sure there are many great alliance players around these days, maybe I'm amoung them, but I think the alliance tags no long actually serv a positive purpose in this game.
As all you actually can acomplish at this stage is even more havoc on the player base.
Face it, something _has_ to be done soon, couse there's not actually players left now, so why not try something that's just pure fun to bring back the player base?
Face it, these alliance wars that's now a days, it's just no fun at all.
So, there for I suggest, haveing a free round or some rounds, where stuff actually are allowed, wars can be fought, and players could return back to pa in. Couse why would any actually botter returning or starting to play this game at this stage?
All I see is ppl quiteing the game couse of the overregulation of it, and there's just no fun left anymore.

So, what's the downside?
Well, as I see it none, it's about time to actually do something at all, bringing back some of the fun would be a great idea. And there get the players to form a new planetarion future.
Well, yes it might kill the game even more, but with the past players are leaving the game at this stage, well, it would have died from overregulation soon enough.
So, to jolt, why not take the risk and maybe not earning as mutch for a time, and then earn more monney?
Haveing a dead browser game sertanly don't seem like a good way to earn monney for me. On the other hand, actually bringing the fun back, along with less income for a time beeing for then to forge a new future for planetarion seems like a excelent way to actually make some real profitt.

So, here is my sugestion easely put out for those not bottering to read all that nonesence.
1. Skip the alliance tags.
2. Allow alliances to tag they'r controlled galaxy's
3. Make privates gal's wich are open for a _FEW_ randoms.
4. Make it free so players actually do return to participate in the fun.
5. For havens sake do not flame this post with out actually thinking or haveing the needed extrepience to actually express yourself in any inteligent way on this matter.

PS. I know my English sucks, you do not have to make an own useless reply to point out what's more obvius than the fact that this game at the current stage is dieing, and is utterly and extremly boring.
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 00:50   #2
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough
Re: No Alliancetags!

we are getting old Ziw

Free Accounts for everyone - Battles in the Universe!
Do sth. Free PA! And everyone returns..

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 01:03   #3
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The problem with PA and the way it's developed is that it's a constant removal of symptoms, not problems. The rea issues, the ones that create situations that are overregulated (alliance tags, support planet rules etc etc) arent dealt with, but their results are.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 01:21   #4
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Alliances should not be in the game. I would say the biggest of many mistakes PA has made over the years was to design the game around a horribly flawed alliance system rather than changing the game in ways that would lead to more dynamic and interesting politics.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 01:24   #5
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Sure there are many great alliance players around these days, maybe I'm amoung them
BIG HEAD

I like the idea of free rounds to bring people back, but i have always seen the creation of alli tags as a positive development and an improve to the game. But what is there to lose? I'd rather have a short(ish) priv gal round between proper rounds than multiple speedies.

p.s. along with the expected replies of rubbish english aimed at ur post ziw, i expect a post from kargool saying how important allies are and that they are the only thing keeping the game going.
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 01:27   #6
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Without aiming a gun some where, I also expect retards to comeout and point out retarted stuff m0shy ;p
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 02:22   #7
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziw
Without aiming a gun some where, I also expect retards to comeout and point out retarted stuff m0shy ;p
i think id be offended if i knew what retarted stuff was
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 02:04   #8
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

I would say PA wouldn't have to be in the deadend, atleast not if Jolt had any intress besides sittin still waiting for the remains of the playerbase disappear. Atm it's clear it's not going to last for too many rounds from now. I'm rather sure most agree here. It seems obvious the game isn't even developed anymore, coz changing stats just don't cut it.

Remove P2P for atleast a couple of rounds so playerbase has a chance to increase instead of shrink. Remove alliance tags coz no1 wants a sandbox like Bigbrother. Little bit of more early freedom days would be welcomed imo. Introduce something new instead of implententing another restriction.

Personally I wouldn't mind playing a round with old Pa(-X) stats.
3 tick roiding ftw

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 02:15   #9
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
It seems obvious the game isn't even developed anymore, coz changing stats just don't cut it.
I honestly have to say I disagree with you here. The game has undergone alot of changes since I started up again in round 11. Some of them have been minimal, but some of them have had great impact on the game. I see your point about the game vanishing memberbase, but surely I think thats more a trend in the time than the game itself being bad.

The game have developed alot, and I expect it to be more changes coming. I just wish that the changes would become more apperant for the playerbase perhaps.

We've had added xp, we've have readded stealing. Alliance tools ingame has a whole new dimention, there are a few more options for galaxies and some cool new options for planets so some changes are coming.

One of my worst fears for PA is that everyone just doesnt see the things that are actually changing, and isnt good for the game, like alliancesize was this round etc. The game needs to be more dynamic compared to the playermass. Alliancelimits needs to be dynamic to the playerbase and galaxy sizes and buddypack sizes needs to aswell to adapt with the smaller memberbase it has now. Its break the trend or die time.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 02:26   #10
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Kargool, i think you are wrong here. Since PaX there haven't been any developments worth mentioning to PA really. Its more like returning features from pre-PaX that have been 'developed' rather then looking for a longterm change in terms of strategies that can be applied by players/alliances to win.

The only 'major' change was PaX itself over old PA with the introduction of covert ops, ingame alliances, simplefied stats / techtree and removal of race specific features (Cat EMP, Xan Cloaking and Zik stealing). And those last changes are basicly all back in the game, be it not in the exact same state as the old pa. This is not development, its more like reverse engineering (i know its not the correct term, but couldn't find another way of descibing how PA seems to go back to what was abbandoned when PaX was created instead of trying to come up with actually new ideas).

I just hope the current development team will come up/out with some innovating ideas and changes some time soon before PA is all dead. Cuz this round showed quite clear that there is hardly any alliance left that is challanged to go out and fight their opponents, and alliances is what makes this game good. Without active and interesting politics this game is boring as hell.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 02:43   #11
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I agree that the big changes havent shown, but saying that PA havent developed is abit twisting of the truth. Because it has changed. Especially XP has done alot for the game, both positive and negative.
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 11:42   #12
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Erm... your talking about minor changes here I believe Kargool. About those little changes/improvements, well I've played semiactive rounds r13, 15, r18 and the 1 running now. Ofc playing a round and not playing next means u tend to miss a new feature here and there. In general it's still the same PA it was r13, and not so far from the original PaX, tho I admit compared to r10 the game has move forward alot. By a "lot" I mean it's gone forward for the ppl who like the r10 game engine. You could however cloth a nakked barby doll and make it look more civilized. However by the end of the day it's still just a dull barbie doll.

I would say ~ half of the ppl I've talked to like the new PA and about half think the old 1 was better. I tend to add myself into 2nd category. Like for many old gamers, the only thing that's keeping me here is the community. Luckily there r credits being handed out each round, since I atleast wouldn't pay for a shit product. Ofc it's not about 3euros(?), but more a matter of princible.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 06:47   #13
Hedobot79

Hedobot79 is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Re: No Alliancetags!

Have a read of my Negative Impact thread,
and you'll see theres a theme running here.
Let me give you an example.
If you design a database and make changes 3 times a year for 10 years running so it doesnt even look related to the original creation that was first created how can you even presume for one minute that people will like those changes ?
Whats to say that one very nerdy dedicated player convinces the PA Team of a change that no one else agrees with?
Im sure its happened plenty.
Look at the realities people 75,000 players - 5 years ago
down to barely 3000 these days.
Stop making the game elitist and exclusive.
It should be inclusive!!!
Hedobot79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 10:59   #14
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedobot79
Whats to say that one very nerdy dedicated player convinces the PA Team of a change that no one else agrees with?
that one very nerdy player would have to be a demigod or something to make pateam ignore everyone else for their sake. As such im fairly sure its not happened.