User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Jul 2006, 10:39   #1
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
1up you guys losing?

Hmm,

I'm not exi but this is sad

So where did it go 1up : Honor.
Publishing the coords from your EXI, SAD SAD SAD.
Can't you win the war by yourself?

SAD
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]

Last edited by General1; 28 Jul 2006 at 10:45.
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 10:43   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 1up you guys losing?

I spent last night sobbing into my pillow, that's how sad I was!

Unread 28 Jul 2006, 10:43   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

lol honour
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 10:55   #4
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Any little bit of respect i had for 1up is now totally gone.
GG Lamers

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 10:56   #5
Koks

Koks will become famous soon enoughKoks will become famous soon enough

tbh its a war game, deal with it. it may have been low but eXi are doing other things just as low. Im sure there are a good few eXi planets still breaking the new rules, now i guess they have just as much honour. if 1up is bad then so too is eXi.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 11:18   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Any little bit of respect i had for 1up is now totally gone.
GG Lamers
why?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 11:22   #7
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

tbh i think its a rather good tactic...

[insert blah blah blah spirit of the game]

but yeha good idea..
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 11:25   #8
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

noone forces alliances to make use of exi coords and go attack them. People can still choose

It just gets abit easier, but then again if you know 1up wants you to then thats a good reason not to.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 11:30   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX
It just gets abit easier, but then again if you know 1up wants you to then thats a good reason not to.
Actually it's a good reason to do so rationally speaking. Due to the fact 1up incs will be concentrated against exilition and exilition incs concentrated against 1up fleets available to defend against you and retal your planet will be correspondingly fewer. That said there's always the chance you'll be wave five on a planet with 300 roids. That said you could be smart and get your alliance members to have a look for when 1up fleets are launched, wait five ticks and then wave a few of their roid-fat planets.

PS Just a reminder to everyone not to post any co-ords or links to co-ords in this thread, or anywhere on the forums.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 28 Jul 2006 at 11:36.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 11:38   #10
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Actually it's a good reason to do so rationally speaking. Due to the fact 1up incs will be concentrated against exilition and exilition incs concentrated against 1up fleets available to defend against you and retal your planet will be correspondingly fewer. That said there's always the chance you'll be wave five on a planet with 300 roids.

PS Just a reminder to everyone not to post any co-ords or links to co-ords in this thread, or anywhere on the forums.
Seeing this obvious start of a war means you can attack both sides for those easy roids. Just that you have all exi planets in arby now versus only part of the 1up planets makes it easier to go for exi. However going for 1up will still get you the easy roids you would get in any war.

What I ment with my last line is that just blindly doing what 1up wants you to do: attacking exil planets. Is probably silly and them showing us what they want us to do is just free information for us. As long as people dont go mass attack exil just because 1up wants them to there is nothing wrong with 1up posting those coords.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 11:51   #11
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

But surely this can be 1ups only intention in posting a co-ord list.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 11:59   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I read this thread and thought 'cry me a river'.

Considering Exilition the alliance that plays selectively, has a history of simply outblocking 1up rather than taking them on 1 on 1, I doubt 1up cares about honour when it comes to Exilition.

I'd question why you respect any alliance that isn't your own in the first place. They are your rivals, aren't they?
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 12:01   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiX
Seeing this obvious start of a war means you can attack both sides for those easy roids. Just that you have all exi planets in arby now versus only part of the 1up planets makes it easier to go for exi. However going for 1up will still get you the easy roids you would get in any war.
Presumably not everyone knows where all the 1up planets are.

Quote:
What I ment with my last line is that just blindly doing what 1up wants you to do: attacking exil planets. Is probably silly and them showing us what they want us to do is just free information for us. As long as people dont go mass attack exil just because 1up wants them to there is nothing wrong with 1up posting those coords.
I'm quite sure what you mean by "wrong" but I'd tentatively agree with your point. This cannot, in itself, be a bad thing for 1up and might very well be a good thing for the rest of us. Obviously it's in the interests of everyone who isn't 1up or exilition to prolong this war as much as possible and take advantage of situation. As exilition are leading score-wise and roid-wise it's a better idea to hit them. It's just maths really though and doesn't bother taking certain non-self-evident political considerations into account.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 12:04   #14
MiX
Who cares?

we can agree then
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 12:09   #15
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

all's fair in love and war

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 12:34   #16
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i personally thought 1up was above something like this, leaving this kind of action to the likes of ikke withe the xVx co-ords lists(lol). perhaps i was wrong

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 12:35   #17
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I thought 1up was just going to sit back and take it for the 3rd time in a row. Good on those 1up fellows.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 12:51   #18
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Considering Exilition the alliance that plays selectively, has a history of simply outblocking 1up rather than taking them on 1 on 1, I doubt 1up cares about honour when it comes to Exilition.
I really thought you knew better.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 12:53   #19
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
i personally thought 1up was above something like this, leaving this kind of action to the likes of ikke withe the xVx co-ords lists(lol). perhaps i was wrong
Who was it that said: "When u fight a beast, careful that u don't become the beast?"

Anyways.. 1up honour might have cost em a few rounds win earlier.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 13:00   #20
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I'd question why you respect any alliance that isn't your own in the first place. They are your rivals, aren't they?
I couldnt stop crying... with laughter.
Totally near the knuckle chuckle stuff.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 13:20   #21
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
Well I only used the general impression I get from exilition. I don't see anything particularly wrong in that.

I would laugh like Paisley but i've seen many of these threads before and they have lost the funny for me

Last edited by lokken; 28 Jul 2006 at 13:31.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 13:48   #22
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

its a cler tactic im sure with their firepower surely being used against each other attacking exil at the prime times would be the best idea.

To say its against the spirit of the game is rediculous. how can you say that its clearly rediculous.

On an intresting point if you attacked exi cos of the release of co-ords would you count as a support planet lol

anyway as long as a war happens it will be intresting.

and finally all is fair in love and war. Although the amount of love between 1up and exi is hardly high im sure.

Anyway we all know posting co-ords is good for the game as people might attack the high planets hoping to land a lucky attack.

The question is would people be complaining if exi released 1 up co-ords?

oh well

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:19   #23
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
The question is would people be complaining if exi released 1 up co-ords?
Exi wouldn't need to. They're more than capable of beating another alliance on their own.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:22   #24
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
Indeed, no need to outblock someone when you have a gazillion friends support your alliance from outside the tag
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:23   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Exi wouldn't need to. They're more than capable of beating another alliance on their own.
Please don't belittle your own alliance HC's political play throughout the rounds. It's unbecoming in the extreme.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:29   #26
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Whats with the all new fascination of trolling? You never used to be such a shit poster. Have you caught something since joining your new alliance? Maxitis

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:31   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
You never used to be such a shit poster.
I can assure you, on behalf of myself and GD, that this was not the case. Also mazz your sig is now four lines too long, something will have to go/be shortened
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:33   #28
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I can assure you, on behalf of myself and GD, that this was not the case. Also mazz your sig is now four lines too long, something will have to go/be shortened
You're just jealous cos I put another mans quote in there, aren't you? Ok darling, I'll take it off. Only cos it's you though

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:48   #29
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Post 1ups coords, and it's even \o/
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 14:51   #30
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Well I only used the general impression I get from exilition. I don't see anything particularly wrong in that.

I would laugh like Paisley but i've seen many of these threads before and they have lost the funny for me
Deepest sympathy in having to moderate this thread
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:01   #31
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

What's the big fuzz about, aren't coords normally known after a while anyway? Besides - considering the quantity-game exi played last time to beat 1up, anyone talking about honour considering 1up vs exi needs a reality check.

I'm sorry, but an alliance that outblocks their opponent in a stage of planetarion where it is very clear that blocking ruins a round, and ultimately, the entire game, AND doesn't have the balls to face a decent opponent two rounds in a row, doesn't deserve any honourable acts from their opponents anyway.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:21   #32
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Considering Exilition the alliance that plays selectively, has a history of simply
outblocking 1up rather than taking them on 1 on 1, I doubt 1up cares
about honour when it comes to Exilition.
Thank you for making my post shorter.

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:23   #33
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

but the very fact that 1up and exilition are pretty much matched pound for pouind in quality do 1up really need to sink this low to beat exilition?? no they bloody well dont :P

it just strikes me as an act of desperation from 1up

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:28   #34
Tomkat

Quote:
Whats with the all new fascination of trolling? You never used to be such a shit poster. Have you caught something since joining your new alliance? Maxitis
I wasn't trolling. I was just giving my opinion.

I couldn't care less that you've posted them "publicly". There's nothing in the rules to say you can't, and this honour idea is a bit silly anyway (I mean for chrissakes, it's a glorified online spreadsheet we're talking about here). I honestly don't think it'll make that much of an impact upon the war.

My post above (the "trolling" one, according to you) was simply stating that Exilition don't need to post 1up's coordinates publicly. I doubt it would make much, if any, difference - they can win without doing it.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:36   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't trolling. I was just giving my opinion.
It's a silly opinion though. Firstly the goal isn't just to beat 1up, this is not a 1up versus exilition game. Just beating 1up the last two times exilition played would have resulted in them finishing #4 and #5 I believe. Secondly exilition have played the political game in previous rounds and have done very well at it too. This is to be applauded not forgotten and written out of history. Thirdly this also means that we have not seen exilition fight with no allies so your claim is groundless unless you're basing it on some internal viewpoint you now have of exilition which "you'd only know if you were there" which while inconclusive as regards veracity is inane, unconstructive, unfalsifiable and belongs on AD about as much as a discussion about the emotional state of Pandy the teenager panda who is just noticing female pandas and has started to see changes in his body that he doesn't quite understand.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:38   #36
Tomkat

Quote:
Thirdly this also means that we have not seen exilition fight with no allies so your claim is groundless
Code:
PT 499

Rank	Change	Name	Asteroids	Members	AVG Score	Score
1		eXi	33129	64	737,799	47,219,156
2		1up	26674	65	668,431	43,448,028
3		Subh	24339	61	607,666	37,067,661
4		Omen	26208	64	571,578	36,580,996
5		xVx	22090	65	514,720	33,456,854

And by the way, you know there's a difference between having allies in the form of other alliances and just posting a bunch of coordinates, inviting a free-for-all, don't you?

If you read my post and the post I quoted, I was responding by saying "Exilition would not need to post coordinates publicly as they can win on their own". IE: without inviting every man and his dog to go and attack them.

There is a difference, and it isn't especially subtle either. Read the posts properly please
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:39   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

Nobody remembers who's #1 at tick 500. In fact the majority of the rounds since r10 I'm pretty sure the alliance that was #1 at tick 500 hasn't gone on to win it.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:46   #38
Tomkat

What?

You said "we havent seen Exiltion play without allies".

I showed you that we have - and if you click on the Alliance page in PA you can quite clearly see that we are seeing them play without allies.

Oh I see - you MEANT to say "we havent seen exilition win a round without allies". You should word your posts more clearly

Well I'll refer you to my other point - inviting the entire universe to attack an alliance by releasing their coords and regularly updated scans is NOT the same as forming an alliance with another ally of 65 members.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:51   #39
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Seems to be more about logic than anything. Simply put eXilition has more roids per player than any alliance out there with 518 roids per player at tick 499.

The next closest is Njubs vs Norway with 444 roids per player.

Seems more like a Robin Hood situation to me.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:52   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Oh I see - you MEANT to say "we havent seen exilition win a round without allies". You should word your posts more clearly
Seeing as I started off that post with a clear reference to the fact that winning the round is the question, not performing better than x alliance or being #1 at tick y I felt sure such a deep and complex thinker as yourself could put two and two together and come up with an answer somewhere between 3.5 and 4.5. What did you think I meant by play? Five minutes of playing? Eight ticks? Time spent in protection?
Quote:
Well I'll refer you to my other point - inviting the entire universe to attack an alliance by releasing their coords and regularly updated scans is NOT the same as forming an alliance with another ally of 65 members.
That said I don't really get your actual point. If alliance x allied with alliance y to attack alliance z that's probably going to end up in a lot more incoming for alliance z than if alliance x just released co-ords and scans of alliance z. Especially in, realistically, a 500 planet universe (by this I mean approximately 500 planets are going to be involved in the fight for the #1 spot).
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:58   #41
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Seems more like a Robin Hood situation to me.
Me and Sid in tights?

Quote:
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:00   #42
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by General1
Hmm,

I'm not exi but this is sad

So where did it go 1up : Honor.
Publishing the coords from your EXI, SAD SAD SAD.
Can't you win the war by yourself?

SAD

Posting someones coords lists was never a problem before some wannabe know-how'er like yourself decided that it was against moral conduct of just about everything.

The fact that you even try to persuade anyone else here that your uneducated view is the correct one is nothing but frustrating and mindnumbing to everyone else who has been here since the word go.

coords lists were okay in round1-2-3 4-5-6 and so on. Hey, they were even cheered for once posted. Spies, intel, leaks. It has been a part of the game forever, and hopefully will remain so. The unwritten rule that it should not be posted anywhere doesnt exist anywhere but in your feeble little mind.

You do what you do to get on the top. But you dont break the rules. Other than that, its pretty much fair game, unless some other holier-than-thou person wants to bring God and Ethics and other bolony into this.

Its a game, posting intel in public has nothing to do with honour. Go visit your grandparents instead, thats honour for you.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:00   #43
Tomkat

Quote:
Seeing as I started off that post with a clear reference to the fact that winning the round is the question, not performing better than x alliance or being #1 at tick y I felt sure such a deep and complex thinker as yourself could put two and two together and come up with an answer somewhere between 3.5 and 4.5. What did you think I meant by play? Five minutes of playing? Eight ticks? Time spent in protection?
I just read all your posts as a multitude of sentences not linked by anything other than their proximity to each other

Quote:
That said I don't really get your actual point. If alliance x allied with alliance y to attack alliance z that's probably going to end up in a lot more incoming for alliance z than if alliance x just released co-ords and scans of alliance z.
I agree. I don't think it'll make much difference to the war at all.

Which is why I don't think Exilition will bother releasing 1up's coords:
1. It won't benefit them much as the impact on the war from it will be minimal
2. It would just tarnish their reputation and give people a reason to try and nullify their win (assuming they do win).
3. Giving away intel of any level or description is generally a bad idea.

It wasn't supposed to be a not-so-subtle jab at 1up as in "Exilition don't need to release coordinates to win! 1up do though! They smell of wee!". Balancing up the advantages/disadvantages of releasing them, I doubt Exilition will bother - obviously the 1up command team disagree with me and think the advantages DO outweigh the disadvantages.

Of course I have been known to be wrong in the past (very rarely!).
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:02   #44
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt 1ups arbiter hacked also at the beggining of the round and there coords sent around in public? I dont personaly see 1up doing anything in wrong. If it was fair for them to be hacked and of course have there coords publicaly sent around, then its ok for them to do that. Everything is fair in love and war it seems.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:04   #45
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler

Its a game, posting intel in public has nothing to do with honour. Go visit your grandparents instead, thats honour for you.
I don't think it's about just releasing the coords though. It's more to do with the scans which are (supposedly) going to be constantly updated.

I don't think honour has much/anything to do with PA anyway, though.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:04   #46
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Me and Sid in tights?
That is a mental image I was not prepared for. I just hope I don't have to listen to any singing from the Merry Men. :P
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:10   #47
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt 1ups arbiter hacked also at the beggining of the round and there coords sent around in public? I dont personaly see 1up doing anything in wrong. If it was fair for them to be hacked and of course have there coords publicaly sent around, then its ok for them to do that. Everything is fair in love and war it seems.
Hacked, probably not (thanks to the ISP for having a 34 second log rotation ). Coords passed around, definately.

Which is why Tomkat will shortly say that what Sid did and people accepting the compromised coord list are two entirely different things.

Quote:
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:10   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I just read all your posts as a multitude of sentences not linked by anything other than their proximity to each other
Don't worry it's a step up from some people who I'm pretty sure don't read my posts, construct an imaginary post in their heads, and reply to that.

Quote:
I agree. I don't think it'll make much difference to the war at all.
That's not quite what I said, although you're not actually saying I said it it is sort of implied. I said it would have less impact. Races are sometimes won in fine margins though.

Quote:
2. It would just tarnish their reputation and give people a reason to try and nullify their win (assuming they do win).
PA, in general, hasn't been proven to give much of a toss about alliance's reputations in terms of "preventing them win".
Quote:
3. Giving away intel of any level or description is generally a bad idea.
Can you explain this a bit further? I mean it's fine as a guiding principle but what exactly can they lose out on in this situation?

Quote:
It wasn't supposed to be a not-so-subtle jab at 1up as in "Exilition don't need to release coordinates to win! 1up do though! They smell of wee!".
You should recruit dante. Then you'd smell like wee

Quote:
Balancing up the advantages/disadvantages of releasing them, I doubt Exilition will bother - obviously the 1up command team disagree with me and think the advantages DO outweigh the disadvantages.
I don't think they will because doing so indicates a reactive nature which it isn't wise to expose in PA.

Quote:
Of course I have been known to be wrong in the past (very rarely!).
I see you misspelt frequently there but it's okay I put 2 and 2 together and came up with an answer in between 3.5 and 4.5
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:11   #49
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'd be annoyed as hell if/when it got done to my alliance.

But it's a fair enough tactic IMO, so long as the coords were gained by normal intel gathering techniques rather than hacking into PA for example.

eXilition are quite capable of doing exactly the same back, if they so desire. And I've still not seen eXilition fight a war on their own; as one of their officers said to me;
'yeah, but eX play dirty'.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what eX have done either; along with 1up, they're a league ahead of any other alliance in this game and have been since they were formed; I still don't believe I've seen them fight a war one on one. But then again, I don't know if I can think of any genuinely one on one wars near the top...
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:24   #50
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
but the very fact that 1up and exilition are pretty much matched pound for pouind in quality do 1up really need to sink this low to beat exilition?? no they bloody well dont :P

it just strikes me as an act of desperation from 1up
Act of desperation my arse. I only wish Sid had copied what he did back in the earlier rounds and used Sandmans to display eXilition coords. Then you could all whine about honour some more.

Frankly, look at the past of eXilition actions and what they have brought to the game and then compare to 1up. We're a shining angel in all comparison. (Put out for ole Xanadu players ho!)

Perhaps you shouldnt be looking at where they are posted anyway ;\

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote