User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

View Poll Results: Is this round fun?
no, its super fun 3 13.64%
I agree, its boring 13 59.09%
its fun and 1177 ticks later I wanna kill myself 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 23 Sep 2015, 14:47   #1
neps

neps is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down 55 ticks left...

never ever been more booring playing PA.:crymeariver:
neps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 14:54   #2
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of
Re: 55 ticks left...

It was, for most of it. Sometimes it takes fewer than 1177^W1153 ticks to decide the winner, and then everyone NAPs up and goes to sleep.
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 15:10   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Play if you like the game.
Don't play if you don't like the game.
Playing if you don't like the game is silly.
Whining about disliking the game while playing it is retarded.
Don't be retarded.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 19:04   #4
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by neps View Post
never ever been more booring playing PA.:crymeariver:
what ally are you?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 19:13   #5
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Hope the admins are watching and take note. Maybe this will encourage them to get off their asses and make drastic changes instead of digging their heels in and doing sod all
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 20:41   #6
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

the rounds are as boring as we the players make them, ofc Tiastats helped in making this a bit more boring round than some others, but still... if you don't enjoy playing... can't stand the heat, get the fck out of the kitchen, or in your case, can't stand playing a spreadsheetspaceshipgame, get the fck out of the game.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 20:59   #7
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

I voted wrong, read "is this round fun" then read "agree" and clicked.

So much for reading the entire question. It's fun in the sense that i got to do something i normally don't, especially the bit where you can say "fck off" when people nag about political stuff without the risk of ****ing over your own ally's chances. It's boring in the sense that the same allies bash down the first 500 ticks every round(from a spectator point of view). The claim/launch/sleep/claim/launch/sleep/claim/launch/sleep is starting to get boring, so glad it's a new round soon.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2015, 21:15   #8
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Appreciate a new round is coming soon. I think for a round with such small margin in the top 4 at one point it has been boring. I think the stats have had a part to play but also I think these rounds do tend to be boring this time of year. The round to Christmas is usually a lot more fun from past experience.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 04:49   #9
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Still play this game for friends and nostalgia Noxious. Playing so it takes up 5 minutes of my time!

Saying the admins need to get a grip and make changes is just a fact
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 07:51   #10
neps

neps is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in a super secret alliance! Im not allowed to tell anyone.
neps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 12:12   #11
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

people get bored cause there is no new content

https://plaguuutarion.wordpress.com/
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2015, 09:31   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I somehow managed not to crash, which is pretty epic.

Probably would have to launch attacks to crash though, so that explains that.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2015, 09:49   #13
Krypton
KK

Plaguuutarian better than the current environment. Reduce tag sizes and ill sign up
Unread 26 Sep 2015, 12:39   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I quit halfway through, partly because I launched my fleet and didn't care any more, which has never happened in any round I can remember. The ship stats really limited your options (severely limiting ship classes for races is a terrible idea) and the alternative (covop) wasn't that exciting.

While covop is handy, the fact you can be immune and % chance of success is linked to your government, race and successful covop rather than anything to do with value seems silly. This model protects top planets who will just pay the minimal level of resources to prevent any disruption to their game, and doesn't really offer much to let anyone work at being a top covopper who might not do the most covops, but can definitely have a chance of ruining someone's day. This means the game really doesn't offer anything to the casual player. Cov oppers should be allowed to be an asset to a war effort. If anything they should be given more abilities, from disrupting ETA to affecting cap rates.

That said, the players have to take some of the blame too. If grudges fester for round after round, nothing changes. After playing for a couple of rounds, you can understand why Ultores get increasingly bitter as the rounds go by. While they bring part of their own misery on themselves, there are alliances out to get them by default and won't deal with them, even if it gives them a better chance of winning. Purely on the basis that Ult might take advantage. The result of this attitude is that everyone is extremely defensive and no one takes any sort of risk, which doesn't make for an interesting game.

Last edited by lokken; 26 Sep 2015 at 12:44.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2015, 12:56   #15
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I quit halfway through, partly because I launched my fleet and didn't care any more, which has never happened in any round I can remember. The ship stats really limited your options (severely limiting ship classes for races is a terrible idea) and the alternative (covop) wasn't that exciting.

While covop is handy, the fact you can be immune and % chance of success is linked to your government, race and successful covop rather than anything to do with value seems silly. This model protects top planets who will just pay the minimal level of resources to prevent any disruption to their game, and doesn't really offer much to let anyone work at being a top covopper who might not do the most covops, but can definitely have a chance of ruining someone's day. This means the game really doesn't offer anything to the casual player. Cov oppers should be allowed to be an asset to a war effort. If anything they should be given more abilities, from disrupting ETA to affecting cap rates.

That said, the players have to take some of the blame too. If grudges fester for round after round, nothing changes. After playing for a couple of rounds, you can understand why Ultores get increasingly bitter as the rounds go by. While they bring part of their own misery on themselves, there are alliances out to get them by default and won't deal with them, even if it gives them a better chance of winning. Purely on the basis that Ult might take advantage. The result of this attitude is that everyone is extremely defensive and no one takes any sort of risk, which doesn't make for an interesting game.

Nobody wants to go the win cus it cost to much effort.
If the game was not night fighting only(EU) perhaps it couldve been more people bothering.

Most people dont want the "casual player" to be able to have an impact due to the troll tags wich has popped up lately.
If the tag limot was increased, it wouldve been a diffrent thing, then what you said would be a good idea.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2015, 13:08   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would get rid of tag benefits like reduced ETA and alliance score. Let galaxies fight it out.
Unread 26 Sep 2015, 13:40   #17
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I would get rid of tag benefits like reduced ETA and alliance score. Let galaxies fight it out.
Lol, i dunno how well that would work. A few rounds back there was a lot of discussion about "private gals" winning all the time

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2015, 14:48   #18
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
If the game was not night fighting only(EU) perhaps it couldve been more people bothering.

That's a big issue, for sure.

(Holy shit, I'm agreeing with BB on something!!)

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2015, 21:01   #19
Kez

Kez has a spectacular aura aboutKez has a spectacular aura about

Every round the majority of people will say was boring. That's simply because the majority arent at the top by the end ; tends to be a biased view.

People who complain that certain ships were too strong could have recognised that early on and selected those ships for themselves so it's all sour grapes in my view. (I'm no different by the way )
R64 Terra - defence duties
R65 Faceless - defence duties
R66 Faceless - rank 90 (inactive half of round)
R67 Norseman - Rank 26
R68 Norseman - Rank 19
R69 P3nguins - Rank 22 - Scanner
R74 Faceless - Rank 4
R75 Heresy - Rank 15
R76 RaGe - Rank 4 - defence duties
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2015, 05:48   #20
Krypton
KK

That doesnt make much sense as majority of us were t100...