User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Jan 2015, 18:52   #1
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
R60 predictions

Who will win, who will block.
Will it be over 700 planets this round?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2015, 19:24   #2
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Re: R60 predictions

You missed out such (kind of) alliance questions to predict like:

Who will troll the whole round? You (Butcher)

Who will decide the eventual winners? Ultores

Who will win #1 planet? Go Bazza o/

What will win this round - value, XP or NAP's? NAP's.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 21:33   #3
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What alliances are even playing?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2015, 21:39   #4
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
What alliances are even playing?
Ulthores, CT, Bows, ND, P3ng, BF, HR, ODDR, and ROCK i would assume

Unread 4 Jan 2015, 02:50   #5
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

#1 Conspiracy
#2 P3n
#3 BlackFlag
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2015, 09:15   #6
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Vikings also playing
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2015, 18:46   #7
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Apprime apparently moved to AD.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2015, 02:03   #8
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

I can already hear the cries of grown men about alliances forced by wars not asked for, I can hear the rivers of their tears flow in anger, due to deals made and not broken.

Tbh, I'm not expecting much from this round, the stats are what they are, active players are looking to other ways and some of those who stay just can't change.

Whatever comes, comes and we shall dance by that tune.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2015, 02:08   #9
DG

DG will become famous soon enoughDG will become famous soon enough

An alliance will win. End of thread!

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2015, 21:34   #10
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

r60 - p3nguins won again
Unread 7 Jan 2015, 22:47   #11
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Ulthores, CT, Bows, ND, P3ng, BF, HR, ODDR, and ROCK i would assume
uh jesus ****ing uh

that is not really a selection to be proud of. what happened, did the soviet shop run out of toilet paper again?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2015, 03:03   #12
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
r60 - p3nguins won again
This

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2015, 12:06   #13
nawaz55

this is very nice post
Unread 8 Jan 2015, 12:23   #14
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forums nawaz55

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2015, 16:38   #15
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
r60 - p3nguins won again
You forgot to add 'and then pretend we never won'

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2015, 01:04   #16
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
r60 - p3nguins won again
Getting cocky already I see. :-)
Unread 9 Jan 2015, 01:45   #17
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Getting cocky already I see. :-)
Nobody is playing, And with BF by their side it will be a walk in the park

Unread 9 Jan 2015, 07:40   #18
Munkee
Dictator

Make a block butchey
Unread 9 Jan 2015, 07:59   #19
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Make a block butchey
He can barely make a planet....

One step at a time. He is still at the stage of playing with imaginary blocks
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2015, 12:43   #20
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

lol
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2015, 15:38   #21
nelito

nelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the roughnelito is a jewel in the rough

wont be a walk in the park for anyone i can bet on it

would be a ct vs p3guins round in case bf have less than 50 player
nelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2015, 11:09   #22
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
He can barely make a planet....

One step at a time. He is still at the stage of playing with imaginary blocks

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2015, 11:32   #23
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

\o/ WOO, we're apparently blocked already, goddamit we're fast. Now I just have to adapt our politics to Farmer-Bobs imagination and we're golden. Grats for the win again P3ng.

New round, new stats and new strats, some new people doing some new things, politics will most likely have changes. It's not only our choices that dictate what we do, the universe has an effect as well, who flies what, who forts and how, who wars who and when. The smallest things can mean a lot.

And my favourite arab: we're pretty close to the 50 planets marker, we'll see if we'll pass that or not.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 01:52   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Seems like a lot of allies went for FR, and a few went for cr/bs.
How will this play out for politics?
Will the CR/BS allies gang together? And will they lose out if there are more FR allies making a counterblock?

Unread 11 Jan 2015, 07:19   #25
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

not hittin the 700 planets
why is that ?
cant be all blamed on the stats

i think really pa team needs to spent some time on a mobile app or at least a mobile skin
while speakin of it, bcalc usage on mobiles is aweful (checkboxes for which classes should be imported from a scan, could help loads allready)

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 08:29   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

700 might be an important number psychologically, but we've been heading in this direction for a long time now. This is nothing out of the ordinary, it's what happens when a dated game is run by people who do not have the means available for significant development.

I expect we'll pass the 700 at some point during the round, though not by much. Even if it didn't, this would not be the first sub-700 round: r54 ended with 698 players.

P.S. I vaguely recall I made a prediction about player numbers at some point last round, but I can't find it any more.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 11 Jan 2015 at 08:49.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 09:26   #27
Clouds

AD2460 was released at the beginning of the year, and a few PA players went over to that.
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 12:03   #28
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

AD2460 might actually help PA, people might try PA out after hearing about it on AD chat
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 12:15   #29
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ddk]gm View Post
ad2460 might actually help pa, people might try pa out after hearing about it on ad chat
i am wining it already
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 12:24   #30
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
not hittin the 700 planets
why is that ?
cant be all blamed on the stats

i think really pa team needs to spent some time on a mobile app or at least a mobile skin
while speakin of it, bcalc usage on mobiles is aweful (checkboxes for which classes should be imported from a scan, could help loads allready)
Last rounds stats/politics can parly be blamed, this round stats some.
Continuing running bad stats will shrink the playerbase, no doubt about it

Unread 11 Jan 2015, 13:35   #31
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
We should have played yours yes??

Your stats would have been the saviour of pa and we should follow your political agendas too. That would also be winner
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 13:50   #32
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

It's abit embarrassing to see you take every single opportunity to slag off Butcher, Kaiba. Even its not barely related to the topic.
Over the last rounds it's been more than obvious you guys don't like eachother. Thats fine. But don't bother us with it.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 15:09   #33
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think there is a lot of doubt about that. Planetarion is in effect the same game that it was 10 years ago. Try popping into a CS1.6 server and see how many players there are there now compared to 10 years ago. mz hit the nail, the game is dated. Now that means nostalgia for us oldies that hang around, but it also means that there will always be a decline in playerbase unless developers get the resources and the ideas to lift the game in the jungle of online games. This counts incredibly much more than stats and politics, wich has always been the subject of debate, since it puts an effective stop to potential recruitment.

Decline is a natural part of any community, and a decline of 5-10% is actually not bad considering there is little/no recruitment from the outside. Heck, even the population of Norway is mainly influenced by immigration, not the number of births.

As for predictions:
CT
p3ng
BF
Ult

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 11 Jan 2015 at 15:17.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 15:30   #34
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

looking at the other game which I am playing, PA doesn't need much more than a really good revamp on the user interface to make it look more current.

And tbh a return to tech tree would be nice.

If the game got a facelift then it should be advertised or word spread to get a new generation hooked.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 20:02   #35
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
looking at the other game which I am playing, PA doesn't need much more than a really good revamp on the user interface to make it look more current.

And tbh a return to tech tree would be nice.

If the game got a facelift then it should be advertised or word spread to get a new generation hooked.
Agreed. Unfortunately, the PA team maintains the game in their spare time, and they don't have the time to do what is required.
Unread 11 Jan 2015, 22:50   #36
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
We should have played yours yes??

Your stats would have been the saviour of pa and we should follow your political agendas too. That would also be winner
There was a lot of options, i didnt say one set shouldve been played over another one, just that these stats shouldnt have been played at all. Even the stats that wasnt modified wouldve been better.

Nobody cares for political agendas anymore, who ever creates the optimal block should be praised for beating the rest

Unread 12 Jan 2015, 03:23   #37
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Agreed. Unfortunately, the PA team maintains the game in their spare time, and they don't have the time to do what is required.
This is 100% true but do the PA team not have any income into the game what so ever to invest in advertising (if not please correct me as I'm not sure) I came back to the game after almost 50 rounds of not playing and the game is dead compared to what it once was but it's still as fun and enjoyable!

As for the stats I think these stats are 10 times better than last rounds!
Unread 12 Jan 2015, 04:04   #38
Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adapt View Post
This is 100% true but do the PA team not have any income into the game what so ever to invest in advertising (if not please correct me as I'm not sure) I came back to the game after almost 50 rounds of not playing and the game is dead compared to what it once was but it's still as fun and enjoyable!

As for the stats I think these stats are 10 times better than last rounds!
Before any marketing should be considered, the game needs a redesign, as it's not very attractive to new players.
Unread 12 Jan 2015, 14:26   #39
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some advertising is done.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 12 Jan 2015, 22:33   #40
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Some advertising is done.
Where and with what money?
Unread 13 Jan 2015, 09:27   #41
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I don't know where, but the money comes from the small profit margin PA has. It's too little to fund development in any real way, so they're spending it this way.

That's all I know. You'll have to ask PA Team if you want more information.