User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Nov 2014, 20:07   #151
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: XP is broken. fix it

Definition: "like Clouds".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 21:59   #152
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

rofl

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2014, 23:32   #153
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

My definition of properly:

Get roids to build ships. Then try to get roids from other players, while not loosing your own ships. If you get incommings, try to defend your roids.

This is the entire idea behind Planetarion.

How would you explain how Planetarion worked to someone who has never played Planetarion?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 02:09   #154
Idler

Idler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the roughIdler is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
i dont agree with #4

more important then fix xp is fix value way of play. look like u guys cant understand that score is all about xp AND value.
value is broken for several rounds and no1 complain about it.
round 60 should bring something new, and nice, to refresh the gameplay and try to get more players on board.
You'd hate r1-4 when men were men and you had to carry boulders up a pyramid just to be allowed to log onto the game.

The biggest planets were the biggest planets, not the wussiest planets with the laziest attitude
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 03:51   #155
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idler View Post
You'd hate r1-4 when men were men and you had to carry boulders up a pyramid just to be allowed to log onto the game.

The biggest planets were the biggest planets, not the wussiest planets with the laziest attitude

R1-9 are long gone tho, I'd love for PA to find some common ground between the old' skool value play that isn't really viable for all but 5 of the current players anymore and the new school PA play. But then again I suppose the drunk version of me (which i currently am) doesn't see much common ground with the others here

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 03:57   #156
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i dont agree with #4

more important then fix xp is fix value way of play. look like u guys cant understand that score is all about xp AND value.
value is broken for several rounds and no1 complain about it.
round 60 should bring something new, and nice, to refresh the gameplay and try to get more players on board.
imho, striking big in 1-3 simultaneous single attacks shouldn't be the way to win PA. It isn't the way for value players (hitting at the bounds of your bash limits continuously) to play, nor should it be for XP players. Then again, a very quick fix would be a limitation of the amount of MC's one can build.

Mind you, from my first tests, I find it practically impossible to find a balance between retarded, just build MC's for as long as possible XP planets, and even half decent value planets wirhour making it harder for a planet ranked #1 to land a planet ranked #2

Unread 30 Nov 2014, 04:02   #157
Influence
Finally retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
It's the only way Joseph knows how to play. If they changed the XP formula then he'll probably quit, as he's too lazy to play properly.

If we have another consecutive round like this one, I can see the numbers drastically reducing, as this is the sort of round for the trolls and tags like the Brazilian crew, which let's be honest is a very small minority compared to the majority of players who play properly.
I agree much with what Mz said a few posts before me. There is verly little chance(supported by what statistics i have gathered this far) the stats will be this (retardedly) offensive for at least another 4 rounds. Then again, even with pretty defensive stats like R56's you see, at the very least, 50% XP players in the top 10

Unread 30 Nov 2014, 04:10   #158
Influence
Finally retired

P.S. i hate PA forums as i wish to give reputations to MZ again but it wont let me. Regardless, i kinda wanted to make that point but i also agree that it does not 'just' would be improved by less 'retarded' stats

Unread 30 Nov 2014, 09:59   #159
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Am I the only person in PA who yearns for the days of NO xp, just take it away and have value only

OR

Just alternate rounds, so that one round the ranks go on score (including xp) and the next round it gets ranked on value.

I always maintain, going by value makes wars more 'even' anyway. With xp, people can easily afford to avoid the main alliance, gang-bang on anyone who could possibly win it, then xp through on the main alliance when everyone gang-bangs them with 300 ticks to go.

With value only ranks, no-one could afford to let the biggest alliances get too far ahead.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 11:34   #160
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

No you're not the only one there is a few, but I believe in a nice middle ground where both playstyles are viable with even effort put in, this game needs diversity.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 13:02   #161
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If we have another consecutive round like this one, I can see the numbers drastically reducing, as this is the sort of round for the trolls and tags like the Brazilian crew, which let's be honest is a very small minority compared to the majority of players who play properly.
define majority please. I dont see enough players at all to use the word majority...
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 13:06   #162
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Then again, even with pretty defensive stats like R56's you see, at the very least, 50% XP players in the top 10
If that ends up being the case, if the top 10 contains 5 or more XP players next round, I will argue for it to be nerfed myself.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 13:46   #163
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Am I the only person in PA who yearns for the days of NO xp, just take it away and have value only

OR

Just alternate rounds, so that one round the ranks go on score (including xp) and the next round it gets ranked on value.

I always maintain, going by value makes wars more 'even' anyway. With xp, people can easily afford to avoid the main alliance, gang-bang on anyone who could possibly win it, then xp through on the main alliance when everyone gang-bangs them with 300 ticks to go.

With value only ranks, no-one could afford to let the biggest alliances get too far ahead.
I vote to remove it.. XP does nothing.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 14:54   #164
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

In all fairness, xp discouragas bashing, as in; bashing is not profittable this round. So thats the pro's for xp. The cons are this; i'd hate to have to learn a new style of play, i've grown accustomed to the traditional way of playing. So, not because it ruins the game and not because it's unfair in any way, but because i don't want to change my style, pls nerf xp a bit.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 15:04   #165
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Xp is the only way to win this round
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 17:12   #166
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Xp is the only way to win this round
That comes down to stats really, xan fi in particular. If xan fi had more potential def than pegs and beets, then this round would have been different. I went ter for one reason, and one reason alone; not to let xan fi land on me. Thats my only goal this round.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 17:19   #167
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

http://kia.cthq.net/index.php?p=viewplanet&x=5&y=9&z=11

5.9.11 started tick 680ish and is now in the gunning for winning planet

pretty silly methinks

I hope 5.9.11 wins

go spacez
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 19:27   #168
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

OK, I've moderated the thread as 'trolling no ur trolling' is very much against the rules. Anyone who is upset/disgruntled can pm me.

XP is one of the best features ever added to the game, but it has to be carefully balanced. XP is a factor that rewards bravery by hitting big value/big score planets, and the higher you get up the ranking, the more difficult it should be to get. Part of the reason we introduced it was to disincentivise lowbie bashing, and make it more lucrative for planets to hit higher up the food chain. This meant that while good value was a prerequisite, XP was the difference from a good rank and a great one. It can also be the difference in the alliance game, where you can land your small planets on a big one and get quite a bit of score.

XP should not be a way of winning on its own, as then you defeat the point of the feature, which is to make players hit high value planets. XP is also score that can never be lost, so the idea you can have a way of playing that is effectively invincible is deeply unfair. In round 16, we had just a situation, and while it was amusing for one round, it couldn't possibly be allowed to continue. So we changed the formula and the game put in measures to control XP. The same applies now.

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/index.php/Round_16
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 20:26   #169
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Another problem with xp is the mass lolwaving planets do in order to land their small guys.

When a high value planet gets escorts to get roids, and the escorts pull, it gets frowned upon.
But when its done and you let xp planets land, everyone applauds it and I think this is lame.

If you say xp rewards bravery for hitting big planets, well then that's fine.
But when 10 fleets all launch on one planet, with the sole purpose of the high value planets pulling and the small planets landing, that is not at all anything to do with bravery and is exactly the same as bullying as the aforementioned high value planets getting escorts.

Something needs to be put in place that it is the value of the fleets flying, rather than value of the fleets landing, that decides score gained.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 21:13   #170
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Another problem with xp is the mass lolwaving planets do in order to land their small guys.

When a high value planet gets escorts to get roids, and the escorts pull, it gets frowned upon.
But when its done and you let xp planets land, everyone applauds it and I think this is lame.

If you say xp rewards bravery for hitting big planets, well then that's fine.
But when 10 fleets all launch on one planet, with the sole purpose of the high value planets pulling and the small planets landing, that is not at all anything to do with bravery and is exactly the same as bullying as the aforementioned high value planets getting escorts.

Something needs to be put in place that it is the value of the fleets flying, rather than value of the fleets landing, that decides score gained.
This is just part of the alliance battle. It doesn't help these planets get a top rank (they are lowbies) and are purely part of the alliance battle to get XP score, and force your opponents to choose between defending or countering but potentially losing score. It's something you achieve by teamwork, so why is it bad?
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 21:48   #171
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

I was attacking a big planet with three other planets. We were using battleships.

They all recalled as the def was to good. Immediately sensing a way to show how pro I am, I forgot to recall.

I crashed essentially and that should have been the end of it.

I landed for 456 roids and 12k XP losing half a mil bs in the process.. I went up 60 odd ranks..

How is XP any good when it rewards what essentially used to mean a shocking crash and rank loss?

Its basically rewarding crap players (like me).. Not encouraging attacking 'up the value chain'..
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 22:43   #172
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
I was attacking a big planet with three other planets. We were using battleships.

They all recalled as the def was to good. Immediately sensing a way to show how pro I am, I forgot to recall.

I crashed essentially and that should have been the end of it.

I landed for 456 roids and 12k XP losing half a mil bs in the process.. I went up 60 odd ranks..

How is XP any good when it rewards what essentially used to mean a shocking crash and rank loss?

Its basically rewarding crap players (like me).. Not encouraging attacking 'up the value chain'..
If added correctly, short term gains will end as a longterm loss.

This was often the case, with some alliances landing on xp, while others calculated how long they had to hold on to roids for a semi crash to be worth it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 23:06   #173
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Due to how easy it is to play as an xp planet/alliance. We may well see much of the same next round. This will most likely slow down "fat" alliances because of the increase of attacking planets 3 fleeting. Planetarion will never be the same again due to xp planets success in recent rounds
Unread 30 Nov 2014, 23:27   #174
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It's round 55. Planetarion will never be the same again due to value planets' success in recent rounds.
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 00:09   #175
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Baggy how many mcs did you have out of interest?

What was your rank before and after the land??

Have you landed lots of attacks since??

As regards to what Forest comments on if these escorts are 9 reasonable sized planets and 1-2 nubs why are you not defending against the nubs if you know the big guys will recall??

What I can't phantom in all this the insistence that every land or def must clean or a positive result on the bcalc.

All these xp planets have below average roids and no resource based cons so there value production is majorly stunted. You as a value planet are permantly outgrowing them and each time they try and land if you make them lose fleet doing so you gain salvage and there attack fleet shrinks. Eventually it's at a point where they cannot land you anymore.

This is how FOCKERS were always dealt with (as much as loved them they were pretty much a limp cock after tick 700) and I can't understand why the same doesn't apply now.

You chirp on how it's a war game but you are unwilling to actually fight them.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 00:15   #176
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post

Have you landed lots of attacks since??

As regards to what Forest comments on if these escorts are 9 reasonable sized planets and 1-2 nubs why are you not defending against the nubs if you know the big guys will recall??

What I can't phantom in all this the insistence that every land or def must clean or a positive result on the bcalc.

All these xp planets have below average roids and no resource based cons so there value production is majorly stunted. You as a value planet are permantly outgrowing them and each time they try and land if you make them lose fleet doing so you gain salvage and there attack fleet shrinks. Eventually it's at a point where they cannot land you anymore.

This is how FOCKERS were always dealt with (as much as loved them they were pretty much a limp cock after tick 700) and I can't understand why the same doesn't apply now.

You chirp on how it's a war game but you are unwilling to actually fight them.
pods + 150k banshee will land 100% of the time vs another xan. you dont need a great deal of value to have that. salvage doesn't cover the amount of damage 150k banshee does in return for killing that whole fleet. as a value planet you just can't defend solo vs that
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 01:07   #177
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
pods + 150k banshee will land 100% of the time vs another xan. you dont need a great deal of value to have that. salvage doesn't cover the amount of damage 150k banshee does in return for killing that whole fleet. as a value planet you just can't defend solo vs that
Who said it had to cover???

As long as you wipe them Out they aren't coming back for a while......
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 03:29   #178
Blue_Esper

Quote:

it's not cost effective to cover if you're gonna lose as much as you do to such a small fleet
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 11:18   #179
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Wiping out a fleet of 150k banshees and 4k pods takes 30k specs.. 17.5k of which will die, which is a net value loss of 131k (attackers value loss: 243k).

Just covering the pods and leaving some banshees alive takes around 27k specs. Again 17.5k of which will die, or a net value loss of 150k (attackers value loss 179k).

And then they just move to another target.
A planet which doesn't cover.
And since you just reduced their value they may have found new planets to pick on and/or gain even more xp..

Or another xp planet hits you since you've now lost over half your specs.

So the planet defending looses, the planet attacking has a short term loss but that shouldn't be too hard to convert to a win..

And there is absolutly nothing you can do about xp planets landing on other planets that do not bother to cover for pods.. (which amongs others may include other xp planets - since it doesn't hurt them to get roided - it may in fact even help).
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 13:55   #180
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

well, about play properly, i used to play for value, and we did win sometimes before, as a normal BG playing in a regular alliance.

i see ppl donating resources to gal fund, and building top value players, thats nice? escort a small one sux, donate its ok...

and im waiting nice changes, as the game need it. If u guys want to nerf xp again and again, until forest wins and all gone into value again, its ok, but i hope u come with something new. other way pa will go back to boring days.
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 15:36   #181
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Quote:
well, about play properly, i used to play for value, and we did win sometimes before, as a normal BG playing in a regular alliance.

i see ppl donating resources to gal fund, and building top value players, thats nice? escort a small one sux, donate its ok...

and im waiting nice changes, as the game need it. If u guys want to nerf xp again and again, until forest wins and all gone into value again, its ok, but i hope u come with something new. other way pa will go back to boring days.
It's idiotic xp can get you such a high rank in the first place. Here we are playing a game where you try to steal / keep roids, roids generate income, income generates ships.

The way pa should be is having ships means being hard to roid. I don't even know what this **** is we are 'playing' now.
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 16:36   #182
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
It's idiotic xp can get you such a high rank in the first place. Here we are playing a game where you try to steal / keep roids, roids generate income, income generates ships.

The way pa should be is having ships means being hard to roid. I don't even know what this **** is we are 'playing' now.
Pal looked!
This is great if you crash your high value planet Np just xp!
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 21:09   #183
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:

This is just as ridiculous as Forest's post to do away with XP. As I see it this should be a simple rebalancing of stats/formulae, and you take the current round as a lost cause.
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 23:37   #184
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Thumbs up for this post. Spot on!

In my opinion, this round has been a breaking point for quite a few players to decide on quitting this game completely. This isn't a propaganda attempt, but it has come from quite a large minority within my own alliance. (I'm sure other alliances are suffering from this ultimatum, too.)

The feedback I've received from many members in Black Flag is similar to Cain's post, that this XP race isn't what they're used to how Planetarion is played and that they're thinking of leaving the game indefinitely. Basically, folk are crashing for XP lands and it's near impossible to cover because the XP gain is just too great.

I do appreciate that XP brings an element of balance and gives players the opportunity to win with different play styles, but XP as it stands is seriously over-powered and absuable.

I feel that if we continue on the current course, Planetarion is going to see a drop in its core player-base. My opinion maybe somewhat biased as I am only speaking from my own alliance's perspective, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking that this style of play will end up killing the game.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2014, 23:59   #185
DG

DG will become famous soon enoughDG will become famous soon enough

Quote:

In my opinion, this round has been a breaking point for quite a few players to decide on quitting this game completely. This isn't a propaganda attempt, but it has come from quite a large minority within my own alliance. (I'm sure other alliances are suffering from this ultimatum, too.)

The feedback I've received from many members in Black Flag is similar to Cain's post, that this XP race isn't what they're used to how Planetarion is played and that they're thinking of leaving the game indefinitely. Basically, folk are crashing for XP lands and it's near impossible to cover because the XP gain is just too great.

I do appreciate that XP brings an element of balance and gives players the opportunity to win with different play styles, but XP as it stands is seriously over-powered and absuable.

I feel that if we continue on the current course, Planetarion is going to see a drop in its core player-base. My opinion maybe somewhat biased as I am only speaking from my own alliance's perspective, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking that this style of play will end up killing the game.
Spot on clouds. All we going to have in the end are trolls playing PA with no skill.

So trolls, trolling trolls, crashing on purpose with their cousin planets. PA TEAM, THINK ON!

Not something I want to be part of.

Last edited by DG; 2 Dec 2014 at 00:11.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 00:40   #186
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:

And no one in this thread disagrees that this round is an extreme example.

But just because that is how you play the game doesn't mean all avenues of play should be removed. As lokken, influence, mz and myself have said simple tweaks and caps will bring xp back into line.

The stats of this round have led to what has happened with xp. The proper measures weren't taken by the pa team to restrict xp gains in this attacking round as we have ended up with what has happened.

Next rounds proposed stats are nowhere near as offensive and xan is pretty shite. This will alone play a huge factor in the number of xp lands viable in the round.

Can we please stop all this 'me and my mates Are gonna emoquit' If you are gonna leave then bye farwell auf weidersein so long.

High chance is tho you will all be back at signups to play again and pro long the slow death of this game. Far more fundamental issues are killing this game than a one round freak result of bad pre planning concerning xp.

Put your efforts into solving them and less time in to whine about this for 5 weeks!!!!
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 03:00   #187
Serio
Lovable Ginger

Serio is an unknown quantity at this point

this round blows I agree with Clouds. Even I am bored, and that's sad.
r56 HR Officer
r57-58 Black Flag
r59 Astraeus HC / Black Flag
r60 Black Flag
r61 Black Flag officer
r62-67 Black Flag
r68-70 Illuminati HC
r71 FAnG
r72 Black Flag
r73 Ultores
Serio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 04:09   #188
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Have you landed lots of attacks All.

Good questions that I left out, sorry.

I have 100 MCs

I was rank 130ish, jumped to rank 66.

I have tried to attack after and have switched to hitting the xan XP whores with my depleted bs as they have no def for that..

Today I should see my bs back to where they were..
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 07:44   #189
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggy View Post
Good questions that I left out, sorry.

I have 100 MCs

I was rank 130ish, jumped to rank 66.

I have tried to attack after and have switched to hitting the xan XP whores with my depleted bs as they have no def for that..

Today I should see my bs back to where they were..
Few more questions...

What rank was your target??

are you still around 60th??

Does 'tried to attack' means you haven't landed anymore??

How long ago did you land??

100 mcs seems a little excessive for a 'normal planet' are you maxed on fcs as well??
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 09:40   #190
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Few more questions...
Since baggy already provided more then enough information to find his planet in the first post (or at least for someone competent) I'll provide some of the answers for him.. (we are not in the same alliances - and I do not know him)

[I'll keep my answers a bit vague tho - not going to make it too easy to find his planet]

Quote:
What rank was your target??
Rank of baggy: between #100 and #120 in score, above #400 in value and top 50 in xp
The planet being landed was ranked between #20 and #30 in score and in top 10 of value,

Quote:
are you still around 60th??
Currently between 70 and 100

Quote:
Does 'tried to attack' means you haven't landed anymore??
Can't fully answer that one.. based on KIA he did land twice since.
No idea how many launches / attempts to attack since

Quote:
How long ago did you land??
Between PT 900 and PT 1000

Quote:
100 mcs seems a little excessive for a 'normal planet' are you maxed on fcs as well??
Current D scans shows 0 FCs.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 11:18   #191
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

This round is a combination of shitty salvage and even shitter stats and nothing else.

Defending just ain't worth it you end up losing more than if you just attacked instead. Pretty much anything can be attacked with a small attack fleet.
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 11:36   #192
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about

I like playing with XP [as a solo player who goes TER]... jesus, stfu, and just fix the damn XAN stats next time.

tl;dr - this thread is retarded. Fix the title, "XAN is broken. fix it"
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 12:05   #193
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Bram less trying to be cool on the internetz please. I am more than competent but I'm not going to sift through reams of planets on kia when he had provided no timescale on his lands. It's much simpler to just ask.

Seems to me with constructions weighted heavily towards xp and very small value compared to hit target this rank gain is not unusual or exceptional based on the roids he capped.
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 12:07   #194
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by budious View Post
I like playing with XP [as a solo player who goes TER]... jesus, stfu, and just fix the damn XAN stats next time.

tl;dr - this thread is retarded. Fix the title, "XAN is broken. fix it"
This 1000 times!!!

It's Xan + Xp that is the issue not just XP. Maybe make cloaking a can research backed on the end of siege hulls. That would make it harder in the early stages at least.
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 12:09   #195
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Quote:

so imagine osama bin laden, hitting the towers and getting huge xp..

u r just telling me that in a war the small side cant hurt the big one and be a hero.

so if pa is all about init roids (as u guys LOVE TO DO) its the worst game ever. edit (i agree if ppl cant init more then 200 roids, then the game will be nice again)
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 12:14   #196
Joseph
Error

Quote:

u trying to make ppl afraid of losing member base.
tbh, u said i dont know to play properly, but i see u with a lot of effort round after round, playing your ace way, and never wining a SHIT.
so, remember u have 4 fingers pointing u, when u point one to me.
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 12:15   #197
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

Well this thread has become a lost cause.. I`ll leave this thread with one last post..

I hope they fix the XP issue, as there CLEARLY is an issue with it, its not "just" the stats (this has been explain time up on time again so look back to the constructive beginning for answers).

I`ll leave this thread with a thought experiment, if XP in the future is the way to go for a win, then how will the universe look if there isnīt any value players left? whats the point then? XP players will eventually end up fighting wars with 1 ship and try and keep their planet to 1 roid just to have the lowest value.. this is the essence of XP player. Do you see anything wrong with it? Itīs laughable that this type of play exists in a game like this, where the goal of ones planet is to not do anything with it and try to keep it as scarce as possible.

Iīll revise my former statement, XP play is something that shouldnīt exist, it promotes a bad way to play a game, and it adds nothing to PA. I hope they remove the mechanic in its entirety, although this is very unlikely to happen.

Iīll probably play again, as i love this game and have played it since its infancy, but as Cloud said, if XP stays the way it is now and isnt balanced a lot more people will leave this brilliant little gem of a game. We as a community have survived almost 60 rounds, 13 years of game play. XP in its current form might put an end to it, if not controlled and balanced.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 12:27   #198
Joseph
Error

and one more thought.

can we talk about numbers properly? how many willll quit if xp still broken, and how many quit after the first crash.

i always lost a lot of players in mid round after a crash, i believe im not the only one. now, they still playing... thats ****ing nice
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 12:39   #199
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Well you dont play as xp, you check it a couple of times each day. If you land you get a meh+ emotion, if you dont you get a meh- emotion. In a proper round the game means something
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2014, 13:12   #200
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
can we talk about numbers properly? how many willll quit if xp still broken, and how many quit after the first crash.

i always lost a lot of players in mid round after a crash, i believe im not the only one. now, they still playing... thats ****ing nice
Clearly we cant without some kind of survey of pa's playerbase (something which itself might be useful for deciding the direction of the game). However there is a difference between a value player quitting because of a crash and people quitting because they think the game is broken. That value player will come back next round hoping *this time I wont crash!* whereas someone quitting because they think the game is broken is much less likely to come back.

I personally would be surprised if many people quit because of one pretty anomalous round particularly as those most invested in value are the ones who do best under the normal circumstances. Even then those people are also the most likely to come back a few (or many) rounds later to see if things have got better again.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote