User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jul 2007, 08:52   #51
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: End of my round allready. thx guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-
You cand send a shitload of SKs and get revenge.
Realistically though you're only going to be able to hit the people whose covert-ops fail. With 5% sk damage you're probably only going to kill 1 or 2 structures as well.
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 08:59   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
If the cov op capacity is linked to the construction of special buildings, a retal can make a difference when you send SKs.
I responded to this above.

Quote:
Another thing to do is to link the capacity to store resources to the number of roids a planet has.
1 roid can store XXXX resource, all the resource that can't be stored are lost. This way cov oppers will need to init more roids if they want to be able to keep the resources they steal (could also work with a building, why not the Finance centers...)
This is just horrific. FIrst even if they have 100 roids they're not going to be worth hitting. Second they can store resources in the gal fund if needed. Third if you do it by roids you're going to cripple large planets if they get roided, forcing them to spend so they don't lose their res. Fourth if you do it by buildings you're forcing large planets to need more buildings (a lot more than a cov-ops planet will need) in order to keep their res.
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 09:05   #53
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
If the cov op capacity is linked to the construction of special buildings, a retal can make a difference when you send SKs.
-If- it was, yes. Perhaps it should be. Maybe the level of stealth should be bound to level of constructions like the level of alertness is bound to level of security centers. That's definately worth a suggestions thread. Even so, you'd basically require cov ops of your own to hit back the cov oppers, though, as they're tiny and likely beyond your bash limit.

edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
Realistically though you're only going to be able to hit the people whose covert-ops fail. With 5% sk damage you're probably only going to kill 1 or 2 structures as well.
Yeah. You wouldn't really need more than 2 security centers and 2 financial centers and maybe an amp and a factory or two, so probably 1 structure. If it was percentage-bound. If it was amount-bound, it'd just probably be - stupid.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 09:52   #54
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
'omg must attack lolzors'
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Phil^ again.

Crap.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 10:19   #55
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaMac
You didn't. But *cendancy has become synonymous with cov ops. This is either because we're just that damn good, or the other people playing cov ops aren't talking about it.
:
if you're so damn good why not play with a real planet, doing attacks and defences like you're supposed to in a war game, and not brag about your oh-so-leet gaming skills that involve NOTHING but spending a ridiculous amount of time on the internet without actually playing, but instead ruining the game for others that play the game as it was intended.
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 10:27   #56
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Supposed to"? Wow, and people have the guts to call us arrogant and pompous.
"Brag"? You will notice none of the cov oppers are bragging, quite the contrary, it's the people that are being cov opped that whine.
"Ruin the game"? How about you learn to play it in the first place, then we'll talk.

Hey guys, this sounds like r16 all over again!

On a more general note, all the suggestions in this thread are utterly wank. The simple solution is always the best. Reduce. The. Stealth. Bonus.

Problem solved.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 10:28   #57
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
your oh-so-leet gaming skills that involve NOTHING but spending a ridiculous amount of time on the internet without actually playing, but instead ruining the game for others that play the game as it was intended.
Yeah man, success in Planetarion isn't linked to activity/time spent online at all! Damn straight!
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 10:37   #58
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
if you're so damn good why not play with a real planet, doing attacks and defences like you're supposed to in a war game, and not brag about your oh-so-leet gaming skills that involve NOTHING but spending a ridiculous amount of time on the internet without actually playing, but instead ruining the game for others that play the game as it was intended.
This is fairly mindless bitter drivel.

First he clearly means the second of his options, as has been stated before a lot of the top covert-oppers aren't ascendancy planets. Second he was referring to use of covert-ops being 'that damn good' not any sort of daft general set of pa playing skills. Third everything in PA involves spending a lot of time online, that's the nature of the game at the minute. Fourth "supposed to" and "intended" are the cries of the narrow minded. When pa was started off the creators didn't expect alliances to become so important. Were the first people who created alliances and used them to their advantage ruining the game?
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 10:57   #59
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I'm just trying to think of solutions, because people quitting out of frustration may not be a real problem in a free game, but in a P2P, if paying accounts rounds can be ruined that easily, the game will be over soon for everybody...
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 11:38   #60
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

[quote=Mzyxptlk]The simple solution is always the best. Reduce. The. Stealth. Bonus.
QUOTE]

or, raise the minimum alert level.

To make cov-op planets still useful, I propose population settings being added to news scans. Since news scans don't show changes from the last 3 ticks, there is still an uncertainty factor, but it is more predictable if a cov-op would get through.

As it is now, a cov-opper's target (minimum) alert level can be anything from 70 to 154 even if the surface scan shows no sec centers.
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 11:55   #61
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematician
As it is now, a cov-opper's target (minimum) alert level can be anything from 70 to 154 even if the surface scan shows no sec centers.
mine is 63
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 22:18   #62
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

This game is not being ruined by lousy stats, sloppy admins, or incompetent creators, the no.1 cause of ruin in this game is moaning ninnies.

Current Alert Level : Excellent (129)

Total Hostile Covert Ops: 4
Total Hostile Successful Covert Ops: 0

Of course, I am pretty cheesed off with the creators decision to enable everyone to put 100% population on security guards, it totally ruins the round for anyone that was intelligent and astute enough to see the potential of covert ops this round and has pretty much also screwed over anyone that was wise enough to build a few sec centers.

Sadly, though I cannot actually support the creators actions, when I read the nonsense in the first post in this thread, and those of the other whiners, I can at least understand it.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 2007, 23:56   #63
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well the change isnt that big deal if it was from tick 1, but now most shit is reserched and done for scanners and those guys so they can have 100% now and still do their job so this change was pretty crap just cos some dicks keep nagging on admin :/

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 00:25   #64
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaMac
You didn't. But *cendancy has become synonymous with cov ops. This is either because we're just that damn good, or the other people playing cov ops aren't talking about it.
Do not be so 'modest'. Contrary to what you think, *scendancy havent become synonymous with any part of the game, at least in my view. The fact that on a quick glance, it seems to be mainly *scendancy ppl posting here in defence of their actions, is more out of their need to get as much attention on the forum as they can, then because they are the only ones.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 10:14   #65
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

remy dont you get tired of being shit? Seriously do you wake up in the morning and think to yourself 'how shit and totally wrong can i be today', well mission accomplished.
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 10:45   #66
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Do not be so 'modest'.
I was joking.

Quote:
Contrary to what you think, *scendancy havent become synonymous with any part of the game, at least in my view.
Other people don't agree with you. Go read the cov ops thread on PD

Quote:
The fact that on a quick glance, it seems to be mainly *scendancy ppl posting here in defence of their actions, is more out of their need to get as much attention on the forum as they can, then because they are the only ones.
Quick glance is right. Did you actually read what we've been saying? Seriously mate, every sentence in this post indicates a lack of understanding of what's been going on.

Last edited by shibaMac; 5 Jul 2007 at 10:58.
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2007, 12:01   #67
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm "supposed to" obey the EULA. Anything else I choose to do is up to me.
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 18:22   #68
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

good luck on all your ways VdM, has been fun playing with ya mate!

p.s. covop needs a bit of tweaking again imo(!)

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 11:57   #69
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point

Before this round started, this problem was staring people in the face.

Nothing was done to compensate or make a correction.

I happen to believe that instead of constantly closing the scope of the game, which seems to be the direction PA keeps taking, I made the suggestion before the round started. And it was a very simple suggestion.

When people got their structures hit by structure killers, they should in the research and constriction trees get an added option of hardened buildings or constructions, which cost more, but are armoured. This could be a research tree that offers layers of hardening too.

If I extend the suggestion now so that it comes on line if you get hit by structure killers OR cov-ops, then it would allow the player to answer this attack on them.

And to me, thats what war is all about. So long as people can counter an activity of the enemy, then all is fair in love n war.

Now, I prefer PA goes that route, and does not simply weaken Cov-opps.

Ad
AdmV0rl0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2007, 21:01   #70
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
remy dont you get tired of being shit? Seriously do you wake up in the morning and think to yourself 'how shit and totally wrong can i be today', well mission accomplished.
No i usually wake up and say to myself: how can i entice alki to post crap on the forums today, but then i realise you dont need me at all to post crap!
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 06:36   #71
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I hate to make this some emo I quit message, but it has become impossible for me to continue playing this round.
Appearantly some people got pissed off at me and decided to cov op me to shit. on sunday when i was away the entire day i lost all my structures except 1 dist.
I allready wanted to quit then but my galmates convinced me to play on and i also convinced myself caus i like pa.

So I followed everybody's advice, set security on max in population & rebuild.
This morning i wake up to find my newly build light factories cov opped again, I have no intention of playing a round of planetarion where i can't do shit from pt 200 till the end of the round caus i can't build anything or it gets cov opped away again.

My coords are 10:4:5 any zik that wants the remainder of my fleet can come take it, be quick though since my planet is on deletion & will only be there another 48 ticks.

To my BP & Gal this round: Guys, i'm really sorry. This was supposed to be a fun round & everybody in the bp i consider a true friend. I hope you'll still see me as a friend after this but I just can't play like this.

To the people who cov opped my planet to shit & gave me no chance at all to rebuild: I hope you feel very proud of yourself, you've made a person who played non stop from r10.5 up till now quit because of your actions, something i've never done in the past.
You are the reason why pa will never grow anymore.
Have fun being OMGWTFPWN on the internet playing a stupid browsergame and destroying other people's fun.
PS: I hope you get sexually molested up your ass so hard that everytime you take a dump it bleeds & hurts and reminds you what kind of ****ing retarded morons you really are.

VdM signing off & probably never returning as a player again

I'll suck your cock for 5cents.
Unread 11 Jul 2007, 06:38   #72
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
sucks that your quitting m8. wanted this to be a good finishing round for us together in the same gal, but guess i wont get that.

your a good guy and people who cov op purely for the sole purpose of ruining somebodys round (a player who is not even a scanner) should be so ashamed of themselves. i hope they see that they are killing the round and the game at an even faster rate than it is killing itself.

...do not think I would not suck you off aswell.