User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 5 Jan 2003, 20:08   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Odd things happening with program

Random access violations...

I have managed to narrow the error down to a push_back of a vector. A piece of code that has been there for a LONG time and hasn't been adjusted in the past few weeks (not even the object file has been altered).
I didn't change the code, did a "rebuild all", and now it works fine again. Can anyone explain to me what is going on? Is it normal that these things go broken once a while?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 01:10   #2
dave20
bleh

dave20 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's happened to me a couple of times. i suppose it's something to do with the way the linker translates the symbols in the object files or something.
dave20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 15:07   #3
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Maybe you changed a header file, and your build process doesn't know about header dependencies?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 15:22   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Yes, I changed a header file, but one that has nothing to do with the obj file.

Header file I changed -> includes header file of object file

Can this be deadly to a linker operation?
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2003, 16:14   #5
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Nah it'd have to be something included directly or indirectly by the .c to have an effect.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 01:35   #6
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Sounds like dodgy code to me. An access violation when using a vector is clearly a segmentation fault.

Seems you have a dodgy pointer somewhere.