User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:08   #1
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
In case you wonder what the top gals are up to

Since AD is full of lies anyway I checked for myself what the top 5 galaxies are up to. Since information wants to be free here are the results of my newsscans:

70% of Egyptian Gods had no combat report in the last 2 days
30% of them had 3 or more successful attacks

70% of Mercury & Solace had no combat report in the last 2 days
10% of them had 2
20% of them had 3 or more

90% of F U N had no combat report in the last 2 days
10% had 3 or more

90% of Optical Illusion had no combat report in the last 2 days
10% had 3 or more

80% of Plagues of A had no combat report in the last 2 days
10% had 1
10% had 2

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:15   #2
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Finding targets over 2 million is like turning water into wine.

We're thinking of taking up online chess ? Anyone else got some games to suggest for us to play
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:16   #3
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point
EVE
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:16   #4
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
and all of those gals gaining 1k+ roids per night, this means per day 3 players get 1.2k roids for the topgal with 1-2 fleets ?

That means per fleet per player 200-300 roids. wow pretty lucky they all must be, hitting the huge nar planets everynight with 1k roids.

Can you tell me where they all are ? seeing thats 15 1k roid planets per night.

P.S. not to spoil your dreams, Private news with a newsscan taken, dont show "combatreports" anymore, unless it is at your own planet. This means you can only see combatreportnotices there if the planet froom which you took it was under attack and not from where he attacked.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 9 Apr 2003 at 23:22.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:18   #5
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks

We're thinking of taking up online chess ? Anyone else got some games to suggest for us to play
I heard Minesweeper became popular again within the PA community

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:19   #6
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
some games for you hicks

#1 Trying to convince the masses in planetarion we're not fury2

#2 Demoniseing 1 block so you can ally with another

#3 Real-life round 9
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:21   #7
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road
Anyone fancy a game of Risk ?
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:22   #8
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by WipeOut
EVE
50% through downloading the beta now.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:28   #9
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
P.S. not to spoil your dreams, Private news with a newsscan taken, dont show "combatreports" anymore, unless it is at your own planet. This means you can only see combatreportnotices there if the planet froom which you took it was under attack and not from where he attacked.

hate to repost my own post, senseless thread, as laputa drew a conclusion from not knowing the game
Btw check pilkara or another tool, according to your info they initiated alot of roids lately as nearly all of them got over the last days roids :e_chick: :e_chick: or was it from quests ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:38   #10
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback

hate to repost my own post, senseless thread, as laputa drew a conclusion from not knowing the game
Btw check pilkara or another tool, according to your info they initiated alot of roids lately as nearly all of them got over the last days roids :e_chick: :e_chick: or was it from quests ?
huh?? Ever tried to newsscan s/o lately?

It looks like this:

08/04/03 17:00:03
&t=690&tui=19>Combat Report from xxx(x:x:x)

Don't wanna embarass you but you do see the combat reports - you just can't click on them. And no, those are not the crs of your planet but the ones from your attacks.

If you delete your post I delete mine...

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:40   #11
WipeOut
Playboy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
huh?? Ever tried to newsscan s/o lately?

It looks like this:

&t=690&tui=19>Combat Report from xxx(x:x:x)

Don't wanna embarass you but you do see the combat reports - you just can't click on them. And no, those are not the crs of your planet but the ones from your attacks.

If you delete your post I delete mine...
Had to preserve this in case you both really delete.

Made me chuckle
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:41   #12
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Had to preserve this in case you both really delete.

Made me chuckle
I could always delete the thread. Not without a fair compensation from Focht. An authorized retal from IPC on Hicks maybe.

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:42   #13
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
None of the news scans I've seen this round have had combat reports in.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:44   #14
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
I could always delete the thread. Not without a fair compensation from Focht. An authorized retal from IPC on Hicks maybe.
Erk I don't think I could block any of their 6 harpies
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:45   #15
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
None of the news scans I've seen this round have had combat reports in.
My planet must be uberl33t then. Or I have admin tools. Or the planets you scanned were not engaged into any fighting. Or the creators changed it as of today.

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:45   #16
WipeOut
Playboy

Quote:

'download complete'
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:46   #17
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
lol

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:47   #18
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
'download complete'
nooooooo

Unread 9 Apr 2003, 23:51   #19
laputa
Xanadu

by popular demand:

A comprhensive guide on how to see CRs in newsscans:

Go to your wave screen, chose news and enter the coords of the player #1 in the #1 galaxy

If you are getting the message 'Newsscan blocked' try again.

If the scan went through scroll the long way down to:

There you will find the following:

&t=690&tui=19>Combat Report from Fxxxxxm(x:x:1)

Weeeeeee

Unread 10 Apr 2003, 00:03   #20
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
by popular demand:

A comprhensive guide on how to see CRs in newsscans:

Go to your wave screen, chose news and enter the coords of the player #1 in the #1 galaxy

If you are getting the message 'Newsscan blocked' try again.

If the scan went through scroll the long way down to:

There you will find the following:

&t=690&tui=19>Combat Report from Fxxxxxm(x:x:1)

Weeeeeee

I dont see it either, and for the record, i do about 30+ newsies/day.
Did one just now aswell, you must be überl33t.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 00:08   #21
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Sounds like laputa is lying He also said hed hate to have joined Fury as I was there :eek:
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 00:11   #22
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
is it me, or can you just look through the news of them and count how many of them attacked and landed, i.e. the non recalled fleets!

or do i miss a loophole here.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 00:20   #23
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Sounds like laputa is lying He also said hed hate to have joined Fury as I was there :eek:
I am not lying Try my news scan guide. If you don't wanna waste your scans get an IPC member to do it for you

Unread 10 Apr 2003, 00:26   #24
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
omg wtf :eek: sorry laputa :P

Just re-read your guide and ahem...thats the first and only br i have seen in a newsie this round he must have haxx0red pa fs :P
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 00:32   #25
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
omg wtf :eek: sorry laputa :P

Just re-read your guide and ahem...thats the first and only br i have seen in a newsie this round he must have haxx0red pa fs :P
battles are so rare these days they can easily be overlooked

Unread 10 Apr 2003, 02:24   #26
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You could always exile I bet you would get a lot of fun fast then
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 02:44   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
laputa > Focht
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 05:53   #28
fiddler123b
vacation-monkey

fiddler123b is an unknown quantity at this point
its very well possible that ppl get so much roids.
my gc lost 1.1k over the last 2 days. at least we wont be attacked much more now....
fiddler123b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 07:37   #29
Salomo
Commodore

Salomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Can you tell me where they all are ? seeing thats 15 1k roid planets per night.
I heard initiating roids is cheaper this round supposievely

r1: n00b
r2: 7:11 - T7C HC, WaC(Jr), Sedition HC
r3: 31:25 - Sedition, Century, SL HC
r4: 95:21 - BlueTubas'
r5: 30:5 - BlueTubas, VtS
r6: 33:24:1 - Deus Ex Machina HC, politically retired
r7: 38:22 -> 26:11 - RaH peon
r8: 12:3:4 - Defended by 1:1
Salomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 07:46   #30
Dreadnought!

news scans are flawed they dont show combat reports sometimes
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 07:50   #31
Dreadnought!

i have 60mil res 80mil with E

I dont wanna spend or the small % of targets i can hit will be out of range, finding 3mil targets is impossible 4mil would be worse
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 07:50   #32
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
I havent seen one CR in all my newsscans even thou i know there should have been one.
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 11:34   #33
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
some games for you hicks

#1 Trying to convince the masses in planetarion we're not fury2

#2 Demoniseing 1 block so you can ally with another

#3 Real-life round 9
[vicNbob]

You just wouldn't let it lie!!

[/vicNbob]

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 11:48   #34
Jori.X.McKie

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
i have 60mil res 80mil with E

I dont wanna spend or the small % of targets i can hit will be out of range, finding 3mil targets is impossible 4mil would be worse
^^ I think i said it another thread what you do is pathetic. Stockpiling resource in such an amount i never see before and don´t tell me it is a valid tactic ... i know that.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 11:58   #35
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Jori.X.McKie
^^ I think i said it another thread what you do is pathetic. Stockpiling resource in such an amount i never see before and don´t tell me it is a valid tactic ... i know that.
60mil resources is nothing - the maximum is 200mil and I can remember coming very close to that maximum at times in r7.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 12:12   #36
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Jori.X.McKie
How is stockpiling resources pathetic?

And ditto tor rob. Rd 7 had to spend every day so as to not lose resources over the cap.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 12:21   #37
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
news scans are flawed they dont show combat reports sometimes
I agree with you if you rephrase that into "they sometimes show combat reports".

Xeno
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 12:55   #38
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

I think you are REALLY blind then.
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:04   #39
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
EVE
eve is ****
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:07   #40
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
I dont see it either, and for the record, i do about 30+ newsies/day.
Did one just now aswell, you must be überl33t.
I see it. Definitely. And it's definitely a BR from another planet. Not that my post has much relevance. Just to stick to facts.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:39   #41
Jori.X.McKie

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
How is stockpiling resources pathetic?

And ditto tor rob. Rd 7 had to spend every day so as to not lose resources over the cap.
Come on K-W don´t tell me you don´t understand what i mean that will offend your intellect i assume you have.

Maybe i should level my statement to excluding r7
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 13:45   #42
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
eve is ****

After a week playing I don't know if I agree with you. It feels like the kind of game that might bore the **** out of me after a month though. It's a charming game somehow.. but somehow it's also a bit dull. Still beta though.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 14:36   #43
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
laputa i have an idea lets figth against our sister gala's will bring more fun in the game as it was up to now

but ohhh maybe we get closed for farming and reopened

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:50   #44
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

hmm.. over half my gal is over 2 mill.. oh that's right, we're probly already booked before you have a change to see us heh.
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:55   #45
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
I just newsscanned the top-10 roid losers and could only find combat report entries at one place. That planet however had also entries from other planets.

Maybe something clever is behind it - like that the accuracy of information and the completeness, depends on your amp/roid and the targets roid/reflector ratio

(In fact that approach was already discussed for some clone and could be much more interesting then the "show everything" or "show nothing" approach).

If its a feature - someone should document it otherwise fix it ?
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 15:57   #46
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
hmm.. over half my gal is over 2 mill.. oh that's right, we're probly already booked before you have a change to see us heh.
Mayby Hicks is not interested in your 50 roids

hAl
:e_chick: :e_bunny:
Unread 10 Apr 2003, 17:06   #47
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Mayby Hicks is not interested in your 50 roids

hAl
:e_chick: :e_bunny: