User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:11   #51
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
well to be perfectly honest this thread is flawed at its inception.

mainly because its like saying who was the best out of for instance:
The Spartans
Roman Army.
Napoleons Army.

as it very hard to judge it adjectively due to the way that they were all great in there own time but wouldnt stand a chance in hell against a modern one. simply because the levels of standard are always improving except of course this round which seems to have experienced a dark-age of alliances.
I don't see a great progress in the advancement of blocks/alliances. In fact rather the opposite is the case. Imo rds 4, 5 and 6 were the peak of professionalism and dedication. It has declined from rd 7 onwards. Round 5 Furgion + WVE would have spanked newx in rd 7 big time.
Gathering intel, as vital now as it was then, was far more difficult in rd5 then it is now. Now everybody has friends in every alliance of every block. No matter how secret attacks are supposed to be they leak within an instance. That was not the case in rd5 and much work had to be done back then to find out who is who etc.
None of the alliances/blocks now have a webpage as good as Xanandus, say, in rd 6.
I haven't seen a gal as professional as round 5 Red Bull in round 7+.

Laputa

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 16:21   #52
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
I would probably say WTF, although FLTTV (you heard me correctly) in r6 was a good contender. I didnt rate Xeta that much, they were getting the butt kicked out of them. FoS as a block wasnt that good, they had the best political position in that round.
If getting ur butt kicked is such an important criteria why should FLTTV be a good contender?

imo owning or losing shouldn't be of any importance - it simply says nothing about professionalism, military strength, level of communication etc. Although numbers are not that important in PA they sometimes do make a difference (cf. FLTTV vs. FoS&Xeta, XE vs. FoS/FLTTV respectively)

Quote:
I still think Fury/Xanadu would have been an interesting one.
But only prior to rd7 - too many good peeps quitted the game/stopped playing hardcore after round 6.

Laputa

Unread 22 Mar 2003, 23:38   #53
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
Imo rds 4, 5 and 6 were the peak of professionalism and dedication. It has declined from rd 7 onwards. Round 5 Furgion + WVE would have spanked newx in rd 7 big time.
I'm in complete disagreement. The game keeps getting more and more professional, although it probably reached a peak at round 7, and it's still there.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2003, 23:47   #54
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I'm in complete disagreement. The game keeps getting more and more professional, although it probably reached a peak at round 7, and it's still there.
can you give me some examples why alliances/blocks are more professional now than they were in round 6?

Unread 23 Mar 2003, 00:39   #55
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Well I ahve seen RB/Fury/Legion R3 a few times but i am afraid i disagree.

RB/F/L in round 2 had total domination, to the point where RB hit the 4th ranked allaince (ICD) and practically killing it in one night, a quick destruction that may never be matched.

It was this triad that really started powerblocking, something i was once proud of, but something i now regret.

From then on, powerblocking wasnt just part of the game, but a nessessity to stay alive, and im sure there is nothning that can be done to reverse the process.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 00:53   #56
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
can you give me some examples why alliances/blocks are more professional now than they were in round 6?
he was saying about r7, tbh i would tend to agree, in r6 , FLTV lost all its dead weight and refilled there ranks with loyal dedicated members who knew what it took to survive and prosper.

r7 block wise was incredibly even, the only reason the FLTV side won (not saying they wouldnt have won, im saying it would have taken a lot longer) was because the FLTTVR command staff took several opertunities that NEWX+allies failed to act upon, there were times when had newx stepped up its offensive they could have turned the tide of the war if not shunted it.

that was probably the peak of block warfair due to the co-operation and co-ordination which was very impressive even between people who didnt exactly get on well (lo scouse ;-) )

tbh this round is a new dark age as far as alliances goes, there are no strong contenders and the majority of alliances lack any co-ordination at all thus they are considerably weak compared to some of the alliances who have gone beyong the rim : titans/fury/legion/xanadu/ldk.
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 01:28   #57
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Forest
RB hit the 4th ranked allaince (ICD) and practically killing it in one night, a quick destruction that may never be matched.
Fiction is such a pleasnt thing, is it not?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 23 Mar 2003, 01:32   #58
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Perhaps not so much more than round 6, but definately round 4 and 5 which you also mentioned.

Last round took a huge amount of dedication due to it being random, plus OB.

At the very, very, very least the level has remained from round 6. You can't seriously say that you think the deciation and professionalism has fell since then, can you?

Unread 23 Mar 2003, 04:02   #59
Fighters
Hello

Fighters is an unknown quantity at this point
FoS!

R3 : 118:14:21 - Lithium - Hello
R4 : 159:21:3 - TE/PCI - Hello
R5 : 4:14:9 - PCI/MI/Ni! - Hello/Fighters
R6 : XX:XX:XX - Deus Ex Machina - Fighters
R7 : 26:11:15 - [FAnG] - Fighters
R8-R39: Retired
R40 : 2:9:8 - Apprime - Fighters
R41 : 2:8:7 - Apprime - Fighters
Fighters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 11:18   #60
Pulsar
Very tired of this o_O

Pulsar is an unknown quantity at this point
R2 Fury/Legion was most powerfull in all the rounds

But since t hey weren t mentioned here (only starting from r3 it appears?)

I would go with Furgions of R3, allied with RB.

They were the hardest block i had to go against as of yet :O
it's really not so bad you know once you get past the taste

Nine Inch Nails - Starf*ckers Inc.
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Pulsar, you are now my official Hero of the Day
Pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 14:58   #61
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road
the first triad of rnd 2 Fury legion rb

arse im agreeing with forest

could call rnd 2 BT a powerblock of sutch had enough members heh
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 15:01   #62
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

Quote:
I don't see a great progress in the advancement of blocks/alliances. In fact rather the opposite is the case. Imo rds 4, 5 and 6 were the peak of professionalism and dedication. It has declined from rd 7 onwards. Round 5 Furgion + WVE would have spanked newx in rd 7 big time.
Gathering intel, as vital now as it was then, was far more difficult in rd5 then it is now. Now everybody has friends in every alliance of every block. No matter how secret attacks are supposed to be they leak within an instance. That was not the case in rd5 and much work had to be done back then to find out who is who etc.
None of the alliances/blocks now have a webpage as good as Xanandus, say, in rd 6.
I haven't seen a gal as professional as round 5 Red Bull in round 7+.

Laputa

erm totaly disagree intel has become easer but the proffesinalism got to its peak end or rnd 6 start of rnd 7 started disapateing end of rnd 7 quite qucickly with the disbantion of the older alliances

and btw Xans page in rnd 7 still had vital flaws immo
and unless ya seen all alliances webbys i dont think ya can comment
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 15:12   #63
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Round 3 Furgion was head and shoulders above the rest.

I can't comment on round 3 Fury, but Legion at that time was ... awe inspiring, nothing short of breath taking in efficiency and power. Nothing has come close to that level of power-presence since.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 15:46   #64
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Originally posted by BLACK_OPPS
erm totaly disagree intel has become easer but the proffesinalism got to its peak end or rnd 6 start of rnd 7 started disapateing end of rnd 7 quite qucickly with the disbantion of the older alliances
Exchange rd 4 by rd 7 and we are on the same terms; I don't see a 'total disagreement'.

Quote:
and btw Xans page in rnd 7 still had vital flaws immo
and unless ya seen all alliances webbys i dont think ya can comment
Tell me a better one! The only 'vital flaw' an alliance webby can have is that it is not protected from abuse; which wasn't the case with Xan's webby.

Unread 23 Mar 2003, 15:47   #65
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

Quote:
Exchange rd 4 by rd 7 and we are on the same terms; I don't see a 'total disagreement'.

Tell me a better one! The only 'vital flaw' an alliance webby can have is that it is not protected from abuse; which wasn't the case with Xan's webby.

lol

no website is protected from abuse there is allways a way ta
Herman Goering
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 15:50   #66
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
xeta but well i'm based

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2003, 15:52   #67
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
lol

no website is protected from abuse there is allways a way ta

doh. if you wanna play kindergarden, fine. had expected more from you though.