User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Mar 2003, 21:27   #1
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
As seen from a smaller allaince

Effectivly 60% of the universe allied against us. We might not have been the reason they allied but effectivly they are allied against us and crushing us. All this blabla about vvomm is quite a lot of bull cause really a lot of the attacks WEET/NAR make are against smaller alliances.

In a small alliance we expect incomings like any other alliance but if 60% of the uni allies against you there is no way you can play a kind of normal round. You can't really attack any of them cause they can easily over cover you on. They can easily attack you cause they attack half your alliance every day where in a normal universe you have only few gals attacked and you have decent changes to cover most of them.

All this crapp about vvomm is hardly relevant cause the 40% of the alliancegals that are not weet/nar/zenith/fang are mostly non vvomm gals and they get ridiculous amounts of incomings because, lets face it, some people are to ****ty to play in just a powerblock but need a superpowerblock to protect their precious roids.

We will probably fight on and (off course) lose quickly. When I see on days like this that jr members in smaller alliances get incomings that is usually reserved for attacking hostile HC gals I must really say that I regret even having started this round for I certainly would not have payed a cent to start a round with the whole universe stacked against us like this. I never started the round with any idea of winning it but I also never started the game with the idea that from day one most of the universe would be concentrating on purposly destroying us which is effectivly what is happening now.

hAl
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 21:45   #2
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point
listen mate
Not everyone is against the smaller alliances.
Ok I am in a bigger one, and I tell u one thing, we are deffinetly not against u! we are very close to other large alliances, and frankly we only ever attack u if u attack us! usually we prefer to stick to the bigger planets/targets of large enemy alliances.

The best thing to do, is get ur smaller alliance, together with others, and form your own sort of block!
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 21:52   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyanide
The best thing to do, is get ur smaller alliance, together with others, and form your own sort of block!
vortex
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 22:01   #4
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I thought we got rid of you Gayle

What's Vortex ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 22:06   #5
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
U can never get rid of Gayle :-)

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 22:29   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
listen mate
Ok I am in a bigger one, and I tell u one thing, we are deffinetly not against u! we are very close to other large alliances, and frankly we only ever attack u if u attack us! usually we prefer to stick to the bigger planets/targets of large enemy alliances.

retard
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 22:37   #7
Perfection
Autonomous

Perfection will become famous soon enoughPerfection will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You have completely missed the underlying point of EVERY single thread about this rounds political situation.
Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:01   #8
Klendau II
Governor

Klendau II is an unknown quantity at this point
I always said PA would be more fun if we took the "Attack" option out of military. Defence ofc can still be used, just to show love for opposing planets. And maybe Spinner can add a "mail roses to your target" for r10?

Or maybe we can just stay up here and dance

I'll bum 'em all.

<Sad> when ur cyb0ring klen it is
<Sad> he gives u soo much pleasure
<Foxman> and always bring animals into the cyb0r
<Sad> he does yes
Klendau II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:05   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Klendau II
I always said PA would be more fun if we took the "Attack" option out of military. Defence ofc can still be used, just to show love for opposing planets. And maybe Spinner can add a "mail roses to your target" for r10?

Or maybe we can just stay up here and dance

When 60% of the universe are blocking then I have to say I am glad I left this ****hole.
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:08   #10
Aaranaf
[=V=] Executive

Aaranaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
I thought we got rid of you Gayle

What's Vortex ?
rock tfd vengeance templar
Former Eclipse Planetarion Military Officer
-Forever Lurking on the Darkside-

Round 10.5- 22:8:6 [ViruS]Playmates[Urwins] #1 Galaxy
========================
O' Canada!
Aaranaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:13   #11
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
listen mate
If on a regular night our alliance gets incomings from several top ten gals then I really wonder what the hell you are talking about. Either you have no clue whatsoever who you are targetting, what your allies are doing or and I know this is true our gals are on the weet/nar target lists every single night. In the last 4 night I think we never saw less then 25% of our gals targetted but mostly is was about 40% to 50% of our gals. Don't tell me you only attack us when we attack you. I see the daily incomings and I know that no single major alliance can withstand 40% of its members hit every single night for very long and we aren't even a major alliance.

And I'm not surprised we get incomings. If two major powerblocks like WEET and NAR allie and then nap zenith/FAnG there isn't a whole lot of the universe left that you can roid. the few vvomm gals are hardly enough for al of you. Also already the WEET/NAR gals are much bigger on average than ours. Up to two times already I'd expect. So in score your blocks together is probably 15 to 20 times bigger than us already. Even if only ten % of your side were hitting us we ould have little chance.

hAl
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:45   #12
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
If on a regular night our alliance gets incomings from several top ten gals then I really wonder what the hell you are talking about. Either you have no clue whatsoever who you are targetting, what your allies are doing or and I know this is true our gals are on the weet/nar target lists every single night. In the last 4 night I think we never saw less then 25% of our gals targetted but mostly is was about 40% to 50% of our gals. Don't tell me you only attack us when we attack you. I see the daily incomings and I know that no single major alliance can withstand 40% of its members hit every single night for very long and we aren't even a major alliance.

And I'm not surprised we get incomings. If two major powerblocks like WEET and NAR allie and then nap zenith/FAnG there isn't a whole lot of the universe left that you can roid. the few vvomm gals are hardly enough for al of you. Also already the WEET/NAR gals are much bigger on average than ours. Up to two times already I'd expect. So in score your blocks together is probably 15 to 20 times bigger than us already. Even if only ten % of your side were hitting us we ould have little chance.

hAl
Hal are you making up your stories again ?
So to get this straight: a couple of galaxys (yours) all juicy (because they attract couple of top10 gals- no top10 gal goes for ****e roids) get attacked from another alliance (galaxys). Those galaxys belong to a "block" which has in your scenario no real point either as its more about you getting attacked.
Let me tell you one thing, If you are juicy if you play pa, exspect incomings or try not to be juicy. Anything else looks odd imo.
That your nice planets gets attacked is bitter for you but the game is about attacking and getting attacked. So please spare us the "the powerblocks hit my 40 member alliance which has only juicy planets"
As you are NOT neutral ( i doubt your gal checks any arbiters attacking so you prolly hit block gals to get those roids) you have no claim to get anything better then anyone else, in pa this means War incomings battles.

So please stop your lame propaganda attempts on totally made up scenarios of totally nameless and totally small and victimized alliances.
kthxbye
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:48   #13
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Heres how it works, my gals MoW gets a target, gets it scanned, we pick targets and attack.

End of story, if its a smaller alliance, more roids for us.
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 23:53   #14
Jay-Em
#dragons

Jay-Em is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Heres how it works, my gals MoW gets a target, gets it scanned, we pick targets and attack.

End of story, if its a smaller alliance, more roids for us.
Saying that small alliances can´t cover your attacks???
then you are totally wrong....
never underestimate....

PA r3-r10.5, EA, Corvus, BD, VGN, Ðragons
r12 : Vengeance r13: eXilition r15: eXilition r16: VGN
r27: Denial r30: Omen r31: SPOOOOOON r32: Apprime / inactive latestarter..r33: CT / latestarter
r34 p3n r35 p3n r36 p3n r65 allianceless latestarter/VGN (I am not back..)
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 00:07   #15
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
As you are NOT neutral ( i doubt your gal checks any arbiters attacking so you prolly hit block gals to get those roids) you have no claim to get anything better then anyone else, in pa this means War incomings battles.

So please stop your lame propaganda attempts on totally made up scenarios of totally nameless and totally small and victimized alliances.
kthxbye
Considering yourself neutral doesnt mean you wont attack anyone. It just mean you dont side with anyone and your targets alliance doesnt matter, one to or from the next. For most smaller independent alliances its basicly "them vs ALL", you should really try it sometime, but I fear you lack the ***** for it

But he got a point too. He is not the only one who notice this, but its game and well, life goes on. Of course being on the rampaging side its easy close your eyes for what is really going on, and just shrug it of as nothing.

However planetarion round 9 is a LOSE LOSE game regardless of wich alliance you are in... The round is going stale fast. The impression is one side is getting ****ed real bad and wont last for long. On the other hand you got the indy's in the middle who get cnuted over all the same. It wont last for long, people will just stop play etc, then the biggest block stand left as the biggest loser with plenty of time left of round. hardly targets to go around in a inactive game universe.

I wont point and blame on anyone, its futile, doesnt help any. Those who understand does it to late and probably dont even play anylonger, or doesnt give it much of an effort. Megalomaniacs that want to be #1 regardless dont give it a damn thought, they dont care. This round is speeding to its doomed abyss and then all is left wait for round 10, as hardly anyone feel sit initiate roids for others.

Oh and please, dont point your fingers at the smaller independent alliances in the game and blame them for not block up, no its them that should point their fingers back at the blocks for not have the gutts to play the game in a way that would benefit the gaming unvierse as whole. God forbid we could end up with some fun where alliances could pride themself by having skill, experience and what it takes to succeed. But no, its all about sheer numbers.

Planetarion died once, wonder how many times Planetarion have to die before people get it? Do people think the current owners of Planetarion find it profitable and will carry it on forever if it doesnt attract new players? With a ever growing bad reputation I dont see how it will attract new players and become something worth invest time and money into to be honest.

So my dear friends, you might win your battles today, tomorrow and even your silly wars, but when there is no people left to fight, no roids left to capture... then who is the real loser?
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me

Last edited by KeyStroke; 20 Mar 2003 at 00:14.
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 00:22   #16
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Hal are you making up your stories again ?
So to get this straight: a couple of galaxys (yours) all juicy (because they attract couple of top10 gals- no top10 gal goes for ****e roids) get attacked from another alliance (galaxys). Those galaxys belong to a "block" which has in your scenario no real point either as its more about you getting attacked.
Let me tell you one thing, If you are juicy if you play pa, exspect incomings or try not to be juicy. Anything else looks odd imo.
That your nice planets gets attacked is bitter for you but the game is about attacking and getting attacked. So please spare us the "the powerblocks hit my 40 member alliance which has only juicy planets"

kthxbye
Focht, you are a real twat. I did not claim we are neutral. But we were not specifically hostile to anyone and there is no reason for us to get 60% of the universe allied against us.

Off course in any universe we would get incomings from people attacking for roids which is fine but if 60% of the universe has decided not to attack each other then we obviously are getting all the incoming from them. I'm not making up stories, you are !! You are just showing that you either have no clue of PA works or you are just excusing yourself. Of course we had some juicy planets but there is huge amounts of much much juicier planets that you refuse to attack because you allied or napped them. So juicy planets would get us few incomings and a good game of decent chances but the amounts of incoming we now get is only becuase your ridiculous round politics leaves us as only one of the few which can be targetted.

That last line of your reaction show real real lack of any intelligence and is shame full for anyone with your rank in a major alliance. Why would a small alliance need propaganda, we have no intentions of winning at all cost. And I haven't made anything up either. If you can find one thing that I made up in my post than please contact me on IRC. Not that I expect you to cause you made yourself out to be a total prat already. I feel ashamed that I was your galm8 once and defended you.

hAl
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 03:08   #17
Orlandian
VisioNary

Orlandian is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke
So my dear friends, you might win your battles today, tomorrow and even your silly wars, but when there is no people left to fight, no roids left to capture... then who is the real loser?

hit the nail on the head there, what is the solution i don't know.... if there is one
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:13   #18
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
oh hal abit touchy to fall back to low insults ? Seems u cant accept a different opinion or a small criticism on your person.
Maybe look abit in the mirror, i dont recall you beeing a whinney loser when we played together. But this changed with your excessive forum use apparently. Tho your point stands, you moan u get attacked fine be it. But dont blame anyone for it, If the war goes bad for either side noone would spare any juicy targets. if Nar had no deal with weet and would not actively support any block where would their fleets go ? Most likely to the juicy non allied planets as any other action would again be influencing the big war as u may call it. So there is no 3 block scenario with eitehr 1 side whinning "its 2v1" or the neutrals whinning "its 1v1 and 1vthe small boys".
The only solution to your utopian world would be we ban Nar from the game and let Weet/VVoMM fight it while you just ride along and get threatend as neutral or get more or less ignored.
But i would have my money on you coming back to whin when finally the war is decided and the winner "harvests" the so far excluded small alliances. You would say "break your block that aint fair"
And like someone in another thread pointed out, you might yell cry and shout even insult as much as u want, fact remains after a couple ticks is a reset and before that there will be war. So either accept those 2 fundamental things or dream on about your utopian world.

Btw i tend to stay away from insults and low level accusations like you do, if someone cant discuss properly without using them it shows alot about his intelligence and his argumentative skills.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:46   #19
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
oh hal abit touchy to fall back to low insults ? Seems u cant accept a different opinion or a small criticism on your person.
Maybe look abit in the mirror, i dont recall you beeing a whinney loser when we played together. But this changed with your excessive forum use apparently. Tho your point stands, you moan u get attacked fine be it. But dont blame anyone for it, If the war goes bad for either side noone would spare any juicy targets. if Nar had no deal with weet and would not actively support any block where would their fleets go ? Most likely to the juicy non allied planets as any other action would again be influencing the big war as u may call it. So there is no 3 block scenario with eitehr 1 side whinning "its 2v1" or the neutrals whinning "its 1v1 and 1vthe small boys".
The only solution to your utopian world would be we ban Nar from the game and let Weet/VVoMM fight it while you just ride along and get threatend as neutral or get more or less ignored.
But i would have my money on you coming back to whin when finally the war is decided and the winner "harvests" the so far excluded small alliances. You would say "break your block that aint fair"
And like someone in another thread pointed out, you might yell cry and shout even insult as much as u want, fact remains after a couple ticks is a reset and before that there will be war. So either accept those 2 fundamental things or dream on about your utopian world.

Btw i tend to stay away from insults and low level accusations like you do, if someone cant discuss properly without using them it shows alot about his intelligence and his argumentative skills.
You started with the insults. Accusing me of making things up and calling me lame. I generally do not take being called a liar that lightly from people I played together with. So indeed I agree with you that that showed us a lot about YOUR lack of intelligence and argumentative skills.

We always knew we are not going to win. We always expect people to come after our roids. We are realistic. There have been powerblocks before. Never though have some many of the universe been allied. In round 5 there was heavy incomings for NoCeX but that was not by alliance but because everybody had their coords. if you were a small alliance not associated with nocex you did not get more incomings than others.

In r6 it came closer when first FoS and Xeta napped to attack FLTV. Still in that round the initial FoS and Xeta gals were not 60% of the universe later when FoS took on more gals and napped with FLTV and took in some fencesitting xetagals into their arbiter they might have been 60% of the unive but at least at that time several month in the round had passed and the smaller alliance at least had a decent round. there were still plenty of gals to attack and the block really concentrated on hitting each other. Clearly the then blocks of FoS with XETA and later FoS with FLTV were already way too big though.

In round 7 FFFLLTTTVVV or whatever did something simular but they were not even 50% of the universe ever. They just won easily cause NEWX was poor that round and certainly no match in size but also not in quality or motivation.

Now in r9 we see more alliances restricted from attacking each other than ever before relative to the size of the universe. vvomm might have started it and probably provoked some kind of reaction but this seems to be way way of the top and as a 'sideaffect' it has turned the universe into a place where noone outside a block can really do anything. Today again we had more people attacked than not. You talk about juicy planets but really that has nothing to do with it. It is not like I even have 100 roids or something. We get incomings cause there is nothing left out there to attack anymore. If you really wanted roids you'd look to some of those extra naps (like nar and weet weren't more than enough) you made outside your NAR/SWEET block.

hAl
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:05   #20
Caledan
ROCK - Now and Forever

Caledan is an unknown quantity at this point
We are not whining nor will we give up......

We have played in theses situations more than once. Not in that extent though.
I have been very quiet on the boards recently but as you are talking about this topic I would like to add to it too.

I just can agree with KeyStroke...if the game goes on like this there is no chance to get an interesting round.
Nor will you find any players playing R10. You can kill yourself then in R10 if you like. Allying with 50% of the universe is quiet a safe way of winning around. Taking into conisderation weet/nar has about 20 galaxies in each para then I almost see no point where ANY other Block should have a chance.

If you (weet/nar) call that fun, then do it that way. If any of you will be proud of your victory and someone mentions supreme and l33t playing style, I will laugh my ass off.

If one of our junior galaxies (mostly n00bs which are trying to figure out how to read the tick-plan) get incomings with 3-5 different planets hitting each planet of the gal, then I don't know what I shall call such an attack....
Don't tell me it is a roiding attack on a juicy planet.
And don't tell me that is a retal, those haven't found the button to launch tehir fleets yet.
For me this is major cowardice.

I am getting sad, when I see my alliance suffering such huge masses of incomings, especially our new members, and I can do nothing but watch as I send all my ships for def long ago.

Please explain me, how I should tell those new players...that PA is a game that offers a lot of fun.
Do you really expect them to come again next round...and try again?

weet/nar is killing off this game...

Face it!
He who dares, Wins!
Caledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:12   #21
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
so why do weet nar or whatever the f**k u wanna call them need 4 gals to hit a smaller alliances gal every night is it because u want roids or is it because u aint got the quality anymore

keep sending them at us cause we sure as hell aint giving up

and to quote VGN

"it is better to die on our feet than live on our knees"

as long as i got 1 ship ill keep fightin

pld to the so-called 1337 players u so own us

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:57   #22
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Caledan
Please explain me, how I should tell those new players...that PA is a game that offers a lot of fun.
Do you really expect them to come again next round...and try again?

weet/nar is killing off this game...

Face it!
I believe any block in this game is a part of killing of the game.

In the early rounds of Planetarion it seemed people took pride in their alliances and what they achieved with them. I dont know if it was because of lazy playstyle or whatever, alliances between alliances formed and we got (small)blocks but still, it was about skillfull playing, nowadays its just brute force of sheer numbers.

Heck even hirr have sold their soul and given in this round. Maybe the suicside lemmings turned into greedy hamsters or something

Planetarion these days is like if "USA, China, India, Russia invaded Switzerland or something ;-)
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:15   #23
Preach
Crashing fleets since R3

Preach is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats to leaders of NARWEET on making planetarion even less appealing to new players than ever before. Plz argue your case if you feel my statement is utterly unjust.
R4.0 : 30:18:02 : Genesis of Word Of God : FA
R5.0 : 37:03:12 : Le Metatron of Corporeal Plane : FA BC
R6.0 : 10:12:04 : L' Eliminatore of Celeste Eccessivo Il Mondo : Titans Officer
R7.0 : 27:13:01 : Always Outnumbered of Never Outgunned : Titans Officer
R8.0 : 29:05:07 : Miyamoto Musashi of Niten Ichi-Ryu : Titans HC
R9.0 : 31:03:09 : Preach of I Like To Score : Titans Retirement Galaxy
R9.5 : 11:04:10 : Napoleon Solo of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. : LDK
Preach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:17   #24
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Preach
Congrats to leaders of NARWEET on making planetarion even less appealing to new players than ever before. Plz argue your case if you feel my statement is utterly unjust.

you able to get to london, if we plan it right i'll fly out as you fly in or something and we can wave on the planes
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:21   #25
[7]Gunn3r

Quote:

In the early rounds of Planetarion it seemed people took pride in their alliances and what they achieved with them. I dont know if it was because of lazy playstyle or whatever, alliances between alliances formed and we got (small)blocks but still, it was about skillfull playing, nowadays its just brute force of sheer numbers.

Heck even hirr have sold their soul and given in this round. Maybe the suicside lemmings turned into greedy hamsters or something

Planetarion these days is like if "USA, China, India, Russia invaded Switzerland or something ;-)
It was called a random and free round.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:24   #26
Hardin

Quote:

Keystroke... there were blocks last round but because the universe was random they generally left allies like IPC to get on with its own thing.

The fact that this round we have private gals + a block which is so big that it can attack every non-allied gal at the same time is probably why this round is so bad for non blocked allies...

R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:43   #27
Preach
Crashing fleets since R3

Preach is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
you able to get to london, if we plan it right i'll fly out as you fly in or something and we can wave on the planes
Please dont tell me you are anywhere near my homeland, for the love of god please think of the children
R4.0 : 30:18:02 : Genesis of Word Of God : FA
R5.0 : 37:03:12 : Le Metatron of Corporeal Plane : FA BC
R6.0 : 10:12:04 : L' Eliminatore of Celeste Eccessivo Il Mondo : Titans Officer
R7.0 : 27:13:01 : Always Outnumbered of Never Outgunned : Titans Officer
R8.0 : 29:05:07 : Miyamoto Musashi of Niten Ichi-Ryu : Titans HC
R9.0 : 31:03:09 : Preach of I Like To Score : Titans Retirement Galaxy
R9.5 : 11:04:10 : Napoleon Solo of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. : LDK
Preach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:53   #28
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
In a three blocks environment a 2 on 1 scenario is very likely to happen. Right now VoM is the one fighting alone (for whatever reasons). Numberwise it's a fight VoM is very likely not to win.

However, Nar and Weet will get bored (run out of targets) after a while and will turn on eachother (in what constellation I don't even want to guess). That's the day when the Mad Viroly will enter the scene again - fighting now alongside one of the blocks against the other; until they are getting bored etc.

An early defeat of one block gives it a brighter perspective for the rest of the round than a defeat, say, after two months - which would leave them without any chance to win and still four boring weeks to go.

Don't complain. Fight. And prepare for the next block war which is soon to come.

Additionally I want to point out that NarWeet is not 'killing' the game. Newcomers will not have the opportunity to join either block - at least not if they have a proper recruitment policy. And I don't see NarWeet gals focussing on random or <T250 gals.
So all the newcomers or prospective newcomers will not be significantly effected by this blockwar.

Laputa

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:59   #29
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin
Keystroke... there were blocks last round but because the universe was random they generally left allies like IPC to get on with its own thing.

The fact that this round we have private gals + a block which is so big that it can attack every non-allied gal at the same time is probably why this round is so bad for non blocked allies...
Dude, I said "early rounds" not "last round". Im not a retard, have been playing this game since round 1

And yes, last round was like a fresh breeze, shame they did go back to private galaxies this round.. :/
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:08   #30
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by [7]Gunn3r
It was called a random and free round.
Well the option to stay with galaxy and short after the ability to private galaxies. And yes FREE rounds(tons of multies, bla bla bla). but doesnt change the fact people seemed to be more proud of their alliances back then and selfaware nowadays they end up as a letter in the abrivation of a block... or whatever...

Like... look at your galaxies around. How many of you can say you have friends in your galaxy that you played with for the past rounds heck, for the most time of the existence of PA. So some of us that stays out of blocks and and have galaxies that isnt constructed out of an X amount of alliances have just as much fun, heck i would claim eve more fun at some point.....
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:09   #31
Hardin

Never said you were a retard and didnt mean to imply it either. So I apologise if I did

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:11   #32
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin
Never said you were a retard and didnt mean to imply it either. So I apologise if I did
lolz, nm... I guess anyone who stayed this long with this game is at some point a bit retarded to be honest.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 19:17   #33
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Preach
Congrats to leaders of NARWEET
We're called TEENWAR thank you very much.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 19:34   #34
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
And I don't see NarWeet gals focussing on random or <T250 gals.
So all the newcomers or prospective newcomers will not be significantly effected by this blockwar.

Laputa
As I checked it they do not distinguish in rank. Today they attacked several gals outside the top 300 of gals even and also certainly several gals that contain new players to PA. And even being in a gal ranked that low you are still likely to face more than 1k hostiles incoming. Looking at it I do not think we actually have players that have not been attacked by narweetfz.

So your statement about them not being significally affected by the war is absolute crap.

hAl
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 23:46   #35
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
As I checked it they do not distinguish in rank. Today they attacked several gals outside the top 300 of gals even and also certainly several gals that contain new players to PA. And even being in a gal ranked that low you are still likely to face more than 1k hostiles incoming. Looking at it I do not think we actually have players that have not been attacked by narweetfz.

So your statement about them not being significally affected by the war is absolute crap.

hAl
Of course teenwar distinguishes in rank. Top gals are priority targets.
Maybe the gals you checked were VoM gals already below the T300 mark. Maybe those gals were scan and/or teenwar farm gals. Additionally this is a war game and the big fish are always eating the smaller ones; they in return hit on even smaller fish. It is simply roid redistribution and not a product of nar teaming up with weet.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 17:48   #36
[BD]Phantom
Inactive Cnut

[BD]Phantom is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo

and to quote VGN

"it is better to die on our feet than live on our knees"

as long as i got 1 ship ill keep fightin
Why do people complain about the stagnation, its not new, its not a surprise, its pa. ANd it doesnt mean the smaller alliances cant have fun. It means you take more joy in the smaller victories, fighting off the attacks best you can, bluffing, retaling, defnding, picking targets and attack ferociously and constantly. Im used to fighting as an underdog, the expected loser, and tbh its a hell of a lot more fun, the victories are more fulfilling, the losses less devestating. im no uber player, no uber politition, no uber tactition, but i know how to enjoy playing pa without winning. Once people stop complaining and start playing, pa will start to revive. Of course a free round would help, but the n00bs will still struggle and find no enjoyment in the game, and therefore pay for a next round unless they are willing to fight on a back foot.

A cornered animal is more vicious than the anmial that is cornering.

Just my humble opinion, please dont hit me to hard :P

GC 2:25
24-25th August 2002
World Cup Winning Galaxy
[BD]Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 18:12   #37
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Well in my definition of fun, I get roided, but I roid as well. And in the end, through hard dedication, slepless nights, intensive battle calc sessions, intelligent attacking and defending by splitting you fleet and sending them at the places they are most helpful/effective, at the end of the round, I'll have a planet that reflects the effort i put into it. And i'll surely have fun during the process.
This is not the scenario. It's more like you get totally roided bc you're outnumbered, and can't get any roids bc of the same reason. It doesn't pay off to launch at 6:55 in the morning, it doesn't pay off to do the bcalc's trying to find the weak spot of an enemy, because in the end, the hostile/friendly ratio will be 3:1 against you.
All the strategy and tactics that actually makes this game worth enjoying are not effective anymore. You become a farm, whether you are a total n00b at the game, or a very experienced and l33t Top alliance player.
There is no possible way of having fun in that scenario. Sad but true.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 18:31   #38
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Sergio
There is no possible way of having fun in that scenario. Sad but true.
So quit.

Jester
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 18:41   #39
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
So quit.

Jester
Spoken like a true noob....

Is it one thing this game cant afford its to lose players.....
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 18:52   #40
Sergio
BSE carrier

Sergio is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So quit.

Jester
Gee, i never thought about that. I was thinking the reason PA gets less players every time is bc there is someone hunting down PA players all over the globe. Thanks for enlighting us all.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 20:39   #41
GA-Thrawn
TFD peon

GA-Thrawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Since I've been part of TFD since round 2, I've seen quite a lot of things from the view of the 'smaller alliances' you're talking about here.

Just compare round 3 to this round. Round 3 had Fury/Legion/(ReBorn) at the top of the universe. I was in a mixed-alliance gal somewhere around rank 300-400. While the 'big ones' were fighting their wars, we (TFD) could still fight ours (like Virus/TFD vs SL). At this moment there's no space for such fun wars. We just get roided by the 'big ones' every night and rebuild the day after.

You can say this is because of the current universe being more than 90% smaller than the one in round 3, but actually TFD has had that same decrease of members (most alliances now are quite smaller than the alliances back then). So that can't be the only reason.

I can very well understand that people and alliances want to be at the top spot, but things really get out of hand now. Is there any pride in being part of the winning side when that side consists of that many alliances and such a big part of the universe? Don't alliances care of being the number one alliance anymore? Do you respect the 'victory' of round 6 FoS just as much as the round 3 Fury/Legion one? How many of the current PA players actually know all 7 FoS alliances anyway? How many will remember what alliances formed TEENWAR(&co)? Don't the 'big' alliances have any self respect and pride?

I don't think I've ever complained like this before on the forums. It just makes me sad to see the current membercount of TFD. We were always there for everyone; noob, funplayer or whatever player. We didn't reject them but helped them find their way in the Planetarion universe. If we hardly get any new members, that says enough about Planetarion as a whole I think.

Please end this huge blockforming

Kind regards,

~Thrawn

P.S. please don't say I'm a whiner because I'm not on the winning side. I've never been and never really cared.
r5 - TFD
r6 - TFD (& RedBull)
r7 - TFD
r8 - TFD
r9 - TFD
r9.5 - TFD
r10 - TFD
GA-Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 21:35   #42
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Sergio
Gee, i never thought about that. I was thinking the reason PA gets less players every time is bc there is someone hunting down PA players all over the globe. Thanks for enlighting us all.
You choose to play. It's as simple as that. Maybe PA is a bad game, maybe it's a bad situation. I know a lot of people on the so called winning side who are having as little 'fun' as the people on the losing side. I hope round 10 will bring innovations that prevent this from continuing, but the game is dependant on a large crowd of players to survive.
Quote:
Spoken like a true noob....

Is it one thing this game cant afford its to lose players.....
You're wrong. This game needs to lose it's players and fast. Without a turnover in players it's only going to spiral into oblivion. New blood, fresh meat and people who don't have the contacts to build powerblocks that span 20-30%+ of the universe.

Jester
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 21:42   #43
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
You're wrong. This game needs to lose it's players and fast. Without a turnover in players it's only going to spiral into oblivion. New blood, fresh meat and people who don't have the contacts to build powerblocks that span 20-30%+ of the universe.

Jester
Lose the players and the game closes down...

The players is the lifeblood of the game. That certain people in this game show little insight in the situation its in, thats them to blame....
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 21:49   #44
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Lose the players and the game closes down...

The players is the lifeblood of the game. That certain people in this game show little insight in the situation its in, thats them to blame....
I disagree. The current players are poison on the system as it stands. I have some hope for round 10, but if there's another round like this one, the game is doomed with its current players.

Jester
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 21:58   #45
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
I disagree. The current players are poison on the system as it stands. I have some hope for round 10, but if there's another round like this one, the game is doomed with its current players.

Jester
What should make R10 all that different? The motivation people are driven by wont change. There isnt a new crowd of people coming storming to R10. Unless they go into some heavy marketing for it, but I doubt that happen as it require cash..
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:03   #46
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
What should make R10 all that different? The motivation people are driven by wont change. There isnt a new crowd of people coming storming to R10. Unless they go into some heavy marketing for it, but I doubt that happen as it require cash..
The base problem is with the game. It is possible to change the game so it does not allow the players to continue in this fashion. But as long as the number of players to a side means so much relatively, you'll continue to see heaps and heaps of people bunching together. It's called strategy, and it's how you win a strategy game.

Jester
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:10   #47
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
The base problem is with the game. It is possible to change the game so it does not allow the players to continue in this fashion. But as long as the number of players to a side means so much relatively, you'll continue to see heaps and heaps of people bunching together. It's called strategy, and it's how you win a strategy game.

Jester

If you end up lose the game itself over it, then the cost is a tad high aint it ?
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:17   #48
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
If you end up lose the game itself over it, then the cost is a tad high aint it ?
Not necessarily. If a game isn't worth playing, then it quite simply isn't. A lot of people play this game simply to beat someone else. Not to win at Planetarion, but to savor victory. Probably much of the same reason many people (not excluding myself) post on this forum.

Since sign-ups are closed for round 9, I don't expect anyone quitting at this point matters. If Round 10 is anything of what it promises, they'll be back. But if Round 10 is just another round of Planetarion, we'll be better off with new people from Jolt's ad campaigns.

Jester
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:31   #49
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
Not necessarily. If a game isn't worth playing, then it quite simply isn't. A lot of people play this game simply to beat someone else. Not to win at Planetarion, but to savor victory. Probably much of the same reason many people (not excluding myself) post on this forum.

Since sign-ups are closed for round 9, I don't expect anyone quitting at this point matters. If Round 10 is anything of what it promises, they'll be back. But if Round 10 is just another round of Planetarion, we'll be better off with new people from Jolt's ad campaigns.

Jester
Your a fool, the people that quit are those who were playing for fun. the pople who stay are the ones winning now and who are the death or PA. winners won't leave. The think they are good players allthouhg i know alot of them and they have about the same percentage of good players as any side. You should ask those alliance who bash our jr gals to quit instead of the players who (used to ) enjoy this game and who actually try to get new players into this game.

hAl
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 22:38   #50
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Your a fool, the people that quit are those who were playing for fun. the pople who stay are the ones winning now and who are the death or PA. winners won't leave. The think they are good players allthouhg i know alot of them and they have about the same percentage of good players as any side. You should ask those alliance who bash our jr gals to quit instead of the players who (used to ) enjoy this game and who actually try to get new players into this game.

hAl
You call me a fool? Reread my posts. I said nothing about people 'who play for fun'. I said the problem was with the game and the people who assemble massive alliances to win. My comment to Sergio was slightly tongue in cheek, but my posts to Keystroke were most serious. The players are a problem. Fun as well as serious. You know where playing for fun last round? The players in Madcows who are now in one of the 'stagnating powerblocks'. If the 'winner' players quit, the 'fun' players will be mashing the newbies like no tomorrow.

Jester