User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:02   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
spelling test

i have a spelling test today on commonly mispelt words
for some examples: achievement, acqaintance, conscientious, inevitable, knowledgeable, mischievous, unanimous

i have a list of 300 words.. and she's only gonna give us 20 on the test

i'm not worried.. spelling is fun \o/
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:03   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: spelling test

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
acqaintance
'acquaintance'
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:03   #3
Lord Talon

Lord Talon is an unknown quantity at this point
spell them backwards to see if she's paying attention
Lord Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:04   #4
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
a GD user taking a spelling test? good luck
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:04   #5
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
haha
well there's a word i'll remember to spell correctly now :\
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:04   #6
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
plz tell me you are still in elementary school and this is not high school stuff in Canada.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:05   #7
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
yes well.. spelling on the internet doesn't count :P
this is for my business communications course so we have to be able to spell to write business letters etc etc
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:06   #8
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
plz tell me you are still in elementary school and this is not high school stuff in Canada.
like my above post said this is for my business communications course.

you'd be suprised how many adults can't spell.. it's a GOOD thing that we've got a spelling test (i'm in a college where a majority of the students are adults).
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:06   #9
Lord Talon

Lord Talon is an unknown quantity at this point
or you could try spelling it in 1337 to see if she is really up with the times
Lord Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:10   #10
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

you'd be suprised how many adults can't spell.. it's a GOOD thing that we've got a spelling test (i'm in a college where a majority of the students are adults).
Oh my god! Don't know what to say.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:13   #11
Aryn
Happy

if anything else just think of the test as 'easy marks' and better than having to write an essay :P
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:14   #12
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:

If the percentage of students who can't spell is really that high maybe it is a good thing to have spelling tests in college.
But then your educational system, especially elementary school, should be revised ASAP.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:16   #13
Rachael
Ryan Stiles

Rachael has a spectacular aura aboutRachael has a spectacular aura about
Thank god for spellcheck on microsoft word
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:17   #14
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
let's play anagrams

MORE QII FADER

IRAQ DIE FOR ME
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:18   #15
Aryn
Happy

you should learn to read :\
i said that most of the students at this college are adults.. and by adults i mean 35+

the elementary school system has been changed since they've been there. i don't have problems with spelling (like i said.. internet doesn't count :P) but some of the adults do.

i think that a business communications course SHOULD have spelling tests regardless of how well the students can spell. these words are called 'commonly mispelled words' for a reason. it's not cause people don't know how to spell them (well that's part of the reason) but because people have gotten lazy in their spelling. a business letter with mispelt words is NOT going to be taken seriously. and spellcheckers on the computer don't always pick up wrongly spelt words
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:19   #16
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Rachael
Thank god for spellcheck on microsoft word
i feel bad for people like you :\
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:22   #17
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: spelling test

Quote:
i'm not worried.. spelling is fun \o/
Why would you be worried? Will your teacher beat you if you get more than a certain number wrong?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:44   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
As far as I can tell, most users would either be certain to pass one, or certain to fail.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:52   #19
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
you should learn to read :\
I did read your post. But spelling tests disqualify Canadian higher education imo.
If you can get a part of the credits you need to graduate simply by spelling words correctly your title (BA presumably) loses some of its value.

To help the people that can not spell correctly there should be an additional course (on voluntarily basis) which does not give you credits.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:58   #20
Aryn
Happy

it sounds like you'd be shocked and disturbed if i told you we had a grammar test last week :\
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 18:00   #21
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
it sounds like you'd be shocked and disturbed if i told you we had a grammar test last week :\
hihi....yes

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 18:03   #22
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
aryns just fantastic
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia

Last edited by NEWSBOT3; 20 Mar 2003 at 19:30.
NEWSBOT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 18:09   #23
Aryn
Happy

shhh nb3.. that was a seeeeeecret
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 20:39   #24
Aryn
Happy

fs i spelt subpeona wrong
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 20:41   #25
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
color.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 20:43   #26
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Why?
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 20:46   #27
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i've installed a spell checker on my browser so i can spell check forum posts.

although I can normally spell quite well, i'm lazy and often don't think about it.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 20:49   #28
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
color.
actually our teacher is nice and she accepts both american and canadian spellings :P

W: cause spellchecker doesn't find all mistakes :P