User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Apr 2009, 13:31   #1
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
I got it wrong!!!

A few weeks ago when it was supposedly touch and go I suggested that ASC would win by 70 mil. And for the first time on these forums I have to admit I was wrong.
They won by a staggering 117 mil.

It is my belief that such dominance is bad for the game. A collection of most of the best players all in one place offers very little to PA. It imbalances firstly the alliance landscape and then obviously the individual ranks.

I'm sure it feels really great to be ASC right now. We showed them, Yeah we're the best, Number 1 number 1.
But c'mon put ur brain back in for a second. We have less than 500 active players of which about 200 are pretty/really good.

Wouldn't it be great if we spread the talent around a bit and had really good PA rounds? Great players bringing their experience to help newer players in smaller alliances. Wouldn't it be great if we went into a round and as many as 10 alliances may win?

Dominance like this will only end one way and that's with no game atall.

Just a thought anyway.

oops hope Kenny doesn't see this, I started another thread he'll be damn mad.
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 13:41   #2
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: I got it wrong!!!

I dislike playing with incompetent people. I really dislike it. So, 'no' is the answer to most of your questions.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 13:42   #3
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

good greif here we go again :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
Wouldn't it be great if we spread the talent around a bit and had really good PA rounds? Great players bringing their experience to help newer players in smaller alliances. Wouldn't it be great if we went into a round and as many as 10 alliances may win?
we all kno this but if good ppl keep applying to asc its not for asc to reject them saying 'sorry m8 I kno ur good but we want to lose one of there days'
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 13:58   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Send out three fleets a day. Build the 'right fleet'. Dont crash. Enough to get most players to top 100 :\
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 14:00   #5
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
I dislike playing with incompetent people. I really dislike it. So, 'no' is the answer to most of your questions.
Could you define incompetent?
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 14:04   #6
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
me.

and zero; I told you in rep post. you will get a cookie since we won by 100mil+
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 14:09   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not crashing is pretty easy. If you could all do that we'd have a much harder time already.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 14:25   #8
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

2-3 more rounds like 28/29 and nearly everyone in asc has quit the game, as its a boring game for em

then we can start from scratch

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 14:55   #9
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

I agree with OP, Planetarion fantasy draft please!
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 15:06   #10
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Are DLR playing as a tag next round?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 15:09   #11
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Most of that lead was built in the final week, calling this round for boring or being dominated by asc is just so wrong. I guess as an alliance we've become pretty damn good at mopping up once the round is won, getting to that point was a struggle though.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 15:35   #12
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
Wouldn't it be great if we spread the talent around a bit and had really good PA rounds?
This was a really good pa round.

Also it's not an alliance's responsibility to make the game good, it's people who makes the game's.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 16:29   #13
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
A few weeks ago when it was supposedly touch and go I suggested that ASC would win by 70 mil. And for the first time on these forums I have to admit I was wrong.
Nobody ever said it was touch and go, it was obvious that we were going to win. We just didn't want to get complacent when there were still two weeks for idiots like Theam to crash and we were under 20mil ahead counting ND's hidden prod.

Quote:
It is my belief that such dominance is bad for the game. A collection of most of the best players all in one place offers very little to PA. It imbalances firstly the alliance landscape and then obviously the individual ranks.
We didn't dominate the round at all. We had difficulty winning, and the huge lead taht we had at the end is just what we managed to gather after beating our opponents. Every time an alliance wins a long, drawn out war with a week or so of the round left, they start to increase their lead and it looks like they've completely dominated the round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
Your mum
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 16:41   #14
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Are DLR playing as a tag next round?
yes
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 16:50   #15
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Nobody ever said it was touch and go, it was obvious that we were going to win. We just didn't want to get complacent when there were still two weeks for idiots like Theam to crash and we were under 20mil ahead counting ND's hidden prod.
Which selfish bastards were still hiding prod then? I remember we all got a nasty mail from HC threatening kicking/roiding who wouldn't release his prod within a few ticks...
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 17:16   #16
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

Quote:

I'm sure it feels really great to be ASC right now. We showed them, Yeah we're the best, Number 1 number 1.
But c'mon put ur brain back in for a second. We have less than 500 active players of which about 200 are pretty/really good.

Just a thought anyway.

Firstly as Lok pointed out during the EORC and subsequent users have on this thread, this round was very close. The competition burned out during the last week or two allowing ascendancy to storm ahead, the end score is not a reflection of the round as a whole.

The ascendancy "core" is a selection of skilled players, granted - however there is quite a significant change to the player base round to round. As far as I am concerned what you’re saying already happens. New players come to ascendancy, end up with pretty decent planets and they leave to go elsewhere.

If however you are suggesting the "core" should split up and spread themselves across the remaining alliances, then I personally feel you are asking for something pretty unrealistic. You forget that this game is primarily about community and people enjoy playing with their e-friends. I joined ascendancy a while ago and I wouldn't want to play anywhere else (when I'm active!) because "I like the way they roll". I think you will find many other people in a similar situation, not just in ascendancy but also across the remaining alliances.

I am slightly irked by the constant anti-asc sentiment, mostly because it is all talk. Why not work with other alliances, or take the initiative and organise something yourself and try and change the status quo? You never know you may enjoy it and it may bear more fruit than posting here
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 19:33   #17
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok View Post
Which selfish bastards were still hiding prod then? I remember we all got a nasty mail from HC threatening kicking/roiding who wouldn't release his prod within a few ticks...
I think JBG or Anne will be able to tell you this, they kept track of it
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 19:41   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Er, rain did I think. I know arty always had like 1-2 million during the war. There wasn't more than 4/5 as far as I know with significant amounts, say 1m+, hidden. Can't really remember to be honest and the scans have expired by now.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 22:48   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Just a thought anyway.

Well the gap was a touch flattering with our enemies giving up after we got a certain amount ahead. I thought our round could have been a lot harder if DLR had been part of ND, but they chose not to.

I don't think the other alliances are as far behind, a bit of common sense and level headedness from their leadership will help a lot - nothing spectacular. Omen gave us the biggest challenge last round, and they had just that. In the end we broke them with a mind numbingly drawn out and boring conflict, which is a compliment to them, I would say.

As for spreading talent around, I think we enjoy playing in Asc for the people on top of the players. And also, some of us have been playing a long time. I've worked long hours as an HC. While I have capabilities that I will use on occasion, I wouldn't want to do it full time. Ascendancy gives me the ideal opportunity to have an opinion, do stuff and more often than not, fade into the background when I don't want to get heavily involved. In another alliance I'd be too under or too over involved. So for me in planetarion terms, Ascendancy is very much a personal choice that suits me the best.

To our credit, we do spend a lot of time on the forums giving analysis that actually says how and why we won a particular round and give analysis that is actually reasonably true. When i said CT were outgrowing us I wasn't joking, and that we could have been stopped the minute we looked to be catching them. We also lose a lot of players every round to other alliances, recruit newbies from our own galaxies and work to help out smaller alliances too.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 23:09   #20
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Well the gap was a touch flattering with our enemies giving up after we got a certain amount ahead. I thought our round could have been a lot harder if DLR had been part of ND, but they chose not to.

I don't think the other alliances are as far behind, a bit of common sense and level headedness from their leadership will help a lot - nothing spectacular. Omen gave us the biggest challenge last round, and they had just that. In the end we broke them with a mind numbingly drawn out and boring conflict, which is a compliment to them, I would say.

As for spreading talent around, I think we enjoy playing in Asc for the people on top of the players. And also, some of us have been playing a long time. I've worked long hours as an HC. While I have capabilities that I will use on occasion, I wouldn't want to do it full time. Ascendancy gives me the ideal opportunity to have an opinion, do stuff and more often than not, fade into the background when I don't want to get heavily involved. In another alliance I'd be too under or too over involved. So for me in planetarion terms, Ascendancy is very much a personal choice that suits me the best.

To our credit, we do spend a lot of time on the forums giving analysis that actually says how and why we won a particular round and give analysis that is actually reasonably true. When i said CT were outgrowing us I wasn't joking, and that we could have been stopped the minute we looked to be catching them. We also lose a lot of players every round to other alliances, recruit newbies from our own galaxies and work to help out smaller alliances too.
To be honest I can't argue with most of what you've said. And let's say it'd had been a 7 week round it may have been real tough with Omen on ur case from the off. But it was a 10 week round and you paced it real well.

My problem is more about the last 5 rounds, especially 28 and 29. I know you didn't win round 27 but u came pretty close and were probably favourites going into the last day. 26, 28 and 29 were won with ease and now this minor 117 mil victory.

I just feel it's all gonna get a bit boring

Last edited by Zoro; 6 Apr 2009 at 23:22.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 23:20   #21
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1TMANish View Post
I am slightly irked by the constant anti-asc sentiment, mostly because it is all talk. Why not work with other alliances, or take the initiative and organise something yourself and try and change the status quo? You never know you may enjoy it and it may bear more fruit than posting here
Over the past 5 weeks I guess I have come across like some kinda anti ASC loon. It's not the case. I have nothing against any of u personally. I'm anti domination. I have taken the same stance over the years against 1up and exi when they dominated rounds.

Getting more involved with PA atm is not an option for me. My personal life makes it impossible for me to get more involved than i already do.
That said I doubt I'll ever have another disaster round like this one (cath in the bin).
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 23:22   #22
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Given that nobody had a particular lead with about two weeks to go, and Asc only pulled away once they'd won the war and everyone else had given up caring about a 10-week round, the actual final winning margin is utterly irrelevant to appearances of domination. Your posts do the other alliances in the game less justice than they deserve.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 23:25   #23
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I dont understand Y Asc has to defend itself for being good; the problem here is what U really want is asc to just disappear in a puff of smoke. The way eXi did after a hardcore round so it didnt feel like domination in quite the same way, but ascs system seems to cope with the stress of a hardcore round rather better.
However I would lay odds on r31 being the round where Asc cares least, it has its historic third, why should it fight everyone for a fourth when it can come back to form in a couple of rounds time to kick anyone trying to take a third in a row. So I guess if someone really wants to stop asc now it the time
PS. Im not saying asc is gonna be feeble next round, im just saying that is motivation as well as skill that wins rounds, surely the rest of u should have plenty of it to stop asc and logically Asc has no reason to be highly motivated ... tho ofc there is a fine balance cos getting pwned can be a motivator too!!

PSS I love how Looking at this thread on the forums index Makes it look like each and every contributer is saying "I got it Wrong!!"
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 23:38   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I think Asc domination is down to the incompetance and stupidety of certain alliance,groups, and players out there. Thinking that NOT going to war when asc is runnign away with the lead cus they are afraid of their own planets. Asc had not yet won, and afaik certain groups like CT/DLR(not that i am playing this round or have any clue except from what i get from these boards) choosed to not go to war against Asc when they passed ND in tagscore and getting a huge roid lead.
Its pretty simple, PA has become a game where a alliance would only go to war if there is anything that they can gain on it for sure. When say ND/Omen hitted Asc, im sure a lot of other people thought that there would be easy roids else where, and not hitting asc would make sure they didnt get any incommings.

Bring back the god damn blocks and private gals!

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 08:07   #25
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

1. The lead is ending up as a huge winning margin, because Asc is better at closing out a round once the competition has been defeated. However this has possibly been the hardest round Asc has ever faced as an alliance. Big thanks to especially Omen, but also Vgn, ND and CT for turning up the heat at several points in the round.

2. Asking for the members of Ascendancy to spread out over other alliances, because it is better for the game, is utter bollox. Man united has won the PL time and again over the last years, should they spread all their good players over the rest of the PL to even things out ?
The core players of Ascendancy plays in Ascendancy because it is our alliance and an alliance we have helped form into its current shape. It is up to other alliances to step up and do the job. Winning comes at a price. That price is ability, experience and the drive to endure the hard times and step it up a notch or two when needed.
I have been asc since it started and am happy, that I have an alliance to come back to, whenever I feel the urge to play a round.

3. Next round, I doubt Ascendancy will be playing to the level we have for the last few rounds. However we will be lumbering there like a sleeping giant and should the opportunity present itself of another win, we will take it.

Thank you all for an enjoyable round and I will see you all, when/if I decide to play again.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 14:13   #26
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I can to everyones relief say that I will not be playing in asc next round!

hence, all the quality aint in one place!

Tbh, I felt I had quite a few quality players in Omen this round, just not enough

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 14:25   #27
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Tbh, I felt I had quite a few quality players in Omen this round
I don't think anyone can deny that. But sometimes it is hard to keep up commitment/motivation, and I have a feeling that happened in Omen. I suppose it is even more difficult in a round as long as this. I don't know the internal workings in Omen, but I did notice an increase in complaining as the round went on.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 14:29   #28
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CP- View Post
I don't think anyone can deny that. But sometimes it is hard to keep up commitment/motivation, and I have a feeling that happened in Omen. I suppose it is even more difficult in a round as long as this. I don't know the internal workings in Omen, but I did notice an increase in complaining as the round went on.
yes. The fact that we had a relay going, and too many issues with leaks, ruined alot of motivation as CT / asc started to gang on us. But overall, we failed because of some bad recruits ( mainly liths I should never have trusted. sigh ) and because of a bad structure with not enough people doing anything. I thought I d last 10 weeks, I didnt!

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 14:32   #29
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishmaster
I can to everyones relief say that I will not be playing in asc next round!
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 14:41   #30
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator View Post
its too soon! I have a bit too much e-hate going for a couple of ascs yet.

I ll probably rejoin in a year or two! <3

Quote:
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 20:19   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
To be honest I can't argue with most of what you've said. And let's say it'd had been a 7 week round it may have been real tough with Omen on ur case from the off. But it was a 10 week round and you paced it real well.

My problem is more about the last 5 rounds, especially 28 and 29. I know you didn't win round 27 but u came pretty close and were probably favourites going into the last day. 26, 28 and 29 were won with ease and now this minor 117 mil victory.

I just feel it's all gonna get a bit boring
I think the main problem I have with your posting this round (although you've been very reasonable here) is that you seem to be hating on Ascendancy for being good, rather than simply putting it from the perspective of "to beat Ascendancy you probably want to do this".

As you say a 7 week round will be much harder for us, but then again people will feel more pressurised to stop other alliances if they start running away with it due to the limited time available.
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 23:00   #32
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Er, rain did I think. I know arty always had like 1-2 million during the war. There wasn't more than 4/5 as far as I know with significant amounts, say 1m+, hidden. Can't really remember to be honest and the scans have expired by now.
So he keeps massive ships hidden during a war, and crashes 10M value in three different attacks onto the enemy alliance? Wow what an asset he was for ND

Remind me to exile him when he gets into my gal
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 10:54   #33
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
yes. The fact that we had a relay going, and too many issues with leaks, ruined alot of motivation as CT / asc started to gang on us. But overall, we failed because of some bad recruits ( mainly liths I should never have trusted. sigh ) and because of a bad structure with not enough people doing anything. I thought I d last 10 weeks, I didnt!

I dare to say this is what every alliance except Asc struggles with because the power and responsibility is in the hands of a few people.
Personally i cant think of anything more boring then just doing whatever someone tells me to do every night for 10 weeks.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 11:04   #34
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
I dare to say this is what every alliance except Asc struggles with because the power and responsibility is in the hands of a few people.
Personally i cant think of anything more boring then just doing whatever someone tells me to do every night for 10 weeks.
All who wanted to step up and contribute this round in Omen were free to do so. Also, I like to think that all politics I did I told my members, and in general was open with what I did and what I planned to do. And I also told people to contact me if there was anything they were unhappy with.

Hanzi, stop living in the wonderworld that its very different in asc. it isnt. Its a few people who in reality tell the others what to do for the same 10 weeks. The structure and how things are "enforced" are just different.

Quote:
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 11:35   #35
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
I dislike playing with incompetent people too. Therefore I've avoided playing with you any time I've had a chance!
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 12:23   #36
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
. Asc had not yet won, and afaik certain groups like CT/DLR(not that i am playing this round or have any clue except from what i get from these boards) choosed to not go to war against Asc when they passed ND in tagscore and getting a huge roid lead.
DLR went against Asc along with ND and Omen in the last 'fight'

Unfortunately everyone sucked and crashed horrendously, giving Asc massive salvage and losing their own alliance's score.

IMO, this is the most interesting round we've had in ages. Up until the last week or so it was pretty much up in the air. From what I saw, CT continually shooting themselves in the foot and then shooting anyone who wanted to stop Asc in the foot was a pretty big contributor to Asc's eventual dominance.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 12:43   #37
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
DLR went against Asc along with ND and Omen in the last 'fight'

Unfortunately everyone sucked and crashed horrendously, giving Asc massive salvage and losing their own alliance's score.

IMO, this is the most interesting round we've had in ages. Up until the last week or so it was pretty much up in the air. From what I saw, CT continually shooting themselves in the foot and then shooting anyone who wanted to stop Asc in the foot was a pretty big contributor to Asc's eventual dominance.
I think DLR joined the fight against Ascendancy far too late. Ascendancy were in a likely position to win long before the " last 'fight' ". How i looked at it was simple. DLR attack Ascendancy with everyone else to ground Ascendancy fleets so Ascendancy would not be able to attack, but when i noticed Ascendancy manage to roid ND etc with some fleets while being hit 24/7 around the clock it was just demoralising and depressing. All in all when ascendancy got smashed down by many alliances and JBG posted here on AD making his bold statement of screwing an alliance over, not caring about roundwin, that is when DLR should of stepped in and when the other alliances should of made an agreement to continue hitting Ascendancy, meaning no incommings for the majority of alliances and HUGE incommings for Ascendancy. I think you will find I lol'd alot at the time at JBGs thread, where perhaps I should of explained myself better, but all in all it was a fun round!!

Also gate, you did not help much with your military mind!! we could of done with you!! I did ask for your experties but heh.

Conspiracy did go off the rails slightly at the end, gm became very bitter, but who would blame him??? how much flak his CT get while they were top, props to Ascendancy propaganda peoples for this

Anyways I thought it was a very enjoyable round, ashame I booked a holiday for the end of it!!!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 14:33   #38
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
All who wanted to step up and contribute this round in Omen were free to do so. Also, I like to think that all politics I did I told my members, and in general was open with what I did and what I planned to do. And I also told people to contact me if there was anything they were unhappy with.

Hanzi, stop living in the wonderworld that its very different in asc. it isnt. Its a few people who in reality tell the others what to do for the same 10 weeks. The structure and how things are "enforced" are just different.
Right, so everyone in Omen had access to intel all round long? Or could set up a raid with full access to the-hoff? Or could use !sms to make sure their attackmate recalled off their teamup?

I think not.

Ascendancy has always had leaders, just not appointed ones. The true difference is in the trust granted to the all members.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 16:14   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Also, I like to think that all politics I did I told my members
Given that the round is now over let's post lists of every alliance dealing we had this round!

ROCK - napped early during the first war with omen, dates aren't exactly precise in my memory (someone with logs and who was in the channel can probably tell me but it was prior to the temporary NAP with CT). We gal raided a bit with rock towards the start, maybe 6 nights of targetting. We never asked rock to hit anywhere we weren't hitting or to take part in ptargetting.

xVx - xVx avoided our heavy gals without xVx members (my gal, 10.4 and 11.1) in exchange for help with scanning which they were having problems with. When xVx went to war with vgn we then had a full NAP. We never co-ordinated targets with xVx except at the end of the round when they took a couple of planets in 7.2 when we hit that gal.

F-Crew - Similar to xVx except we avoided a couple of gals they asked for in turn and I provided them with some intel on ASS which they were looking for, I think their intel was almost better than ours on this though heh. This broke down once when Omen got someone in F-Crew to hit 10.4 on the first night the omen-asc war restarted.

hirr - I believe hirr contacted rock looking to work with them and through rock came into contact with us during the 4 on 1 war. NAPed until whenever it ended on the forums, I believe we gal raided with hirr on one night.

CT - NAP from whenever (again someone who logged that channel can provide precise dates but it was just after, 1-2 days, omen and vgn napped) until the 4 on 1 war. Ptargetted/raided with CT on maybe half of those nights I'd guess, possibly a bit less (for example while we weren't hitting omen we didn't attack with CT on any of those nights).

ND - Attacked together a few times, mostly omen/ct heavy gals with us having to hit the ct more after the 4 on 1 thing tailed off. NAPed after CT dropped their NAP with ND. NAP ended when ND dropped it with about 2 weeks to go. I think we attacked together with ND every night we were NAPed.

ASS - CT brought ASS in on the first nights we hit omen together. I think ASS picked an omen heavy gal the first 2/3 nights. No other dealings bar that.

VGN - hit one of the top gals after hylands approached me saying vgn wouldn't hit us if we did. I think the gal was 2.9. No other dealings bar that.

Omen - temporary avoidance agreement for about a week in between the first and second wars.

DLR - One of the nights we worked with CT to hit omen DLR were involved as I can remember being in a channel with munkee and grog. Can't really remember when this was.

I'm pretty sure that's everything.

Edit: CBA you really seem to have no idea why the other alliances stopped hitting us.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 17:20   #40
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
blah blah blah
tl;dr

I don't want to pay attention to our politics during the round, let alone after the round.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 17:33   #41
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Also gate, you did not help much with your military mind!! we could of done with you!! I did ask for your experties but heh.
Wasn't I getting drunk?

Remember, it was the open days!

We were going to hit Asc a few times. First time I think grog cut a deal with CT, then CT hit our gals that night so we told them to foad. We were gonna do it again later, but CT hit us again. Thanks for all the roids and keeping us from hitting Asc, CT <3

About 4 weeks before the final attack on Asc things looked pretty balanced. Omen/VGN/CT should have been able to do some dmg. A week or so before everyone did hit asc may have worked, but I was speaking to some ND and they wanted to go for Asc with CT's help, but CT kept being aggressive. There wasn't much DLR could have done without actively playing kingmakers and everyone else deciding not to be shit, but we were too lazy and the other bit is about as likely as West Brom staying up.

Bear in mind the perspective and correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Gate; 9 Apr 2009 at 17:43.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 19:35   #42
lokken
BlueTuba

I'd say the bad blood that built up once people went for personal gain over hitting Ascendancy for whatever reason was a massive help.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 03:44   #43
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I don't think NewDawn would of been much different if DLR had been a part of it.

DLR had at least 10 members who would of either been in other allies or not even of played if DLR had been in ND.

Plus ND had several very good planets from people who I would of never let join ND if I had stayed there.

All in all I'd have to call it a wash.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2009, 16:30   #44
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
I think JBG or Anne will be able to tell you this, they kept track of it

I have all of this still, ND had 5 people with over 100 million in production and 15 more of more then 20 million. I have coords and amount in production.

12 5 and 8 7 had planets in ND with 174 million in production.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote