User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 23 Mar 2009, 20:43   #1
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
R31 shipstats

The current build of next round's ship stats is here (works in firefox or chrome. Otherwise copy into any text editor and mess around until the columns are in line!)

Previous drafts are here: draft 1, draft 2.

Useful feedback is constructive, but even if you're scared of critique-ing them properly it does help if you say which race you'd go for, what fleet you'd build and why.

EMP power isn't put in until they're ingame. Expect similar EMP power to this round generally speaking.

Alternatively, if these truly suck, we can use last round's with some minor modifications but tbh, after 10 weeks I guess a break would be nice.

Last edited by Gate; 12 Apr 2009 at 11:02.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 20:58   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R31 shipstats

4) Balance/tweak the current set but don't introduce significant changes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 20:58   #3
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I really would like to keep the current setup with 2-4 podclasses per race as I think it is alot of fun.

edit: Not necessarily these stats but just the amount of podclasses

Last edited by isildurx; 23 Mar 2009 at 21:09.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 21:55   #4
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
4) Balance/tweak the current set but don't introduce significant changes.
How is that different to option 1? I think it's a good option though, stats this round are pretty good imo.
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 21:57   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

If this rounds stats were changed id like to see the harps init get changed and maybe etd emp efficiency get tweaked down a bit atleast.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 22:19   #6
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

there are some obvious weaknesses and strengths with this round's stats, but that being said i'm a fan of the multiple pod classes and choice of multiple fleets to build and be effective.

i'm a fan of #1, but more than the harpy would need to be changed, which is why i think Mz made a #4. for instance, ETD Gryphon at first glace is a good ship, but it hardly ever gets to fire and ends up being used as emp flak.

edit: mz's comment was not many significant changes, sorry i forgot how to read! so with that in mind, my gryphon comment gets lumped in with #1 and nothing applies to #4

Last edited by Zaejii; 24 Mar 2009 at 06:41.
Zaejii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 03:34   #7
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think 1) and 4) are the same. The harpy was only given as an example...
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 08:30   #8
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

A new set is always welcome, keep the idea of multiple pods as it is brilliant, but R31 with a new owner should see new stats. If multi targeting could avoid to always fire at a single metaclass (Fico, Frde, or Crbs) it would be great too. Bs firing at FI-FR, CO targetting CR-DE, a FR firing at CO-FR-BS !... As for the eta issue, alliances forced to increase their members in a BP (less gal fencesitting), people having to rely more on gal def, that's all good.

Last edited by Makhil; 24 Mar 2009 at 08:41.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 08:56   #9
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
A new set is always welcome, keep the idea of multiple pods as it is brilliant, but R31 with a new owner should see new stats. If multi targeting could avoid to always fire at a single metaclass (Fico, Frde, or Crbs) it would be great too. Bs firing at FI-FR, CO targetting CR-DE, a FR firing at CO-FR-BS !...
On the whole, cross firing being FI/CO and CR/BS is a bad idea. Having 3 ticks to gather defence and huge amounts of flak, or an extra tick to launch a surprise FC on CR/BS is generally broken. It made r13 cath almost unplayable for example.

If you look at the set I proposed, there is a little attempt at inventiveness with a DE that shoots CR & FR.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 09:07   #10
isildurx

I think FIs targetting f.ex FI\DE and FR targetting FR\FI could work..

It could make it harder to cover incs, which imo is good, due to f.ex there being an abundance of anti fi and if the fi then pull the co that it teams with can land due to the def having t2 of FR instead of the usual CO.
I know there has been some ships with such targetting in the last round, f.ex r29 revenant, but this is someting there could be more of.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 09:14   #11
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Can we get rid of t3 as well.

As christ it ruins faking so badly :/
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 13:27   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

This is a pretty solid set of stats, and the multiple pod classes are great.

Make a few tweaks, but leave most of it as is.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 14:58   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
How is that different to option 1? I think it's a good option though, stats this round are pretty good imo.
Modification can introduce more changes than tweaking.

Quote:
but R31 with a new owner should see new stats
What does this have to do with anything?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 01:43   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What does this have to do with anything?
That's just a personnal feeling, you don't have to share it
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 02:58   #15
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Yes I'm loving r30 stats, only need a small downgrade on Harpy, ETD BS, Cat DE, Defender.

Looking at your stats

Scorpion FR CO FI - 6 norm
Spider DE CO FI - 1 EMP

Why would you build scorps? would look like DE is cats main fleet again

Also i say no to Ter steal ships

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 25 Mar 2009 at 03:21.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 03:02   #16
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Yes I'm loving r30 stats, only need a small downgrade on Harpy, ETD BS, Cat DE, Defender.
I'm still not convinced etd BS is overpowered. It's RAPED by bucc/bomber.

And cath DE doesn't seem so overpowered either. It doesn't kill anything, so xands can def with a ton of FI flak to absorb EMP, leaving smuggler/pulsar to fire...
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 03:40   #17
Makhil

A lot of the fun in the game comes before the start of the round when you study the stats and try to find the race you can play to its best. That's why I'm always in favour of a new set, no matter how good was the previous one. Someone wrote "a bad new set is better that a good old one", I can't disagree. Ofc a good new one is even better.
R30 has lasted long enough I don't think it would be enjoyable to have a R30bis.
Unread 25 Mar 2009, 16:33   #18
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

I love the Locust, Cath attacking Ziks for ships, you have to love that!

Please do not change that!
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 03:53   #19
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Makhil makes a good point.

However, having to re-learn everything every ****ing round has gotten extremely dull.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 08:57   #20
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I would like new stats; if only because I dunno what I would play with the same stats again

i quite like the bare bones of a stats-set gate proposed; it seems to take in the best features of the current set.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 10:53   #21
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

i like balanced stats that work. who cares if they're old or new?

the only real advantage to having newer stats, imo, is so that people don't play a particular race based on how they ranked up the round prior. people also won't build fleets based on what was good the previous round.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 11:13   #22
Gate
;D!

Running a set for two rounds worked well in (I think) r26/27, and possibly previously.

People get to learn stats first time through and maybe try something different afterwards.

Alternatively, we can alternate rounds. New set for r31 and use r30 again in r32.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 11:15   #23
Makhil

I don't like Caths having both init1 EMP ships and fast init kill ships like the Mantis. Somewhere between their Emp and Kill, the enemy should be able to fire.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 14:08   #24
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I would like to able to play one of the other 4 races for r31, so keep the stats as they are with tweaks.

I dont think I have ever played zik, but i think this round the big fleets i have seen are ETD BS, which against TER CR have been nasty (most frozen, then some killed, before TE can even fire) and MASS defenders, smugglers have been few and far between.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 14:20   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I don't like Caths having both init1 EMP ships and fast init kill ships like the Mantis. Somewhere between their Emp and Kill, the enemy should be able to fire.
Cath have 1 fast kill ship that only targets 1 class. (And they still ****ing suck.)

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 26 Mar 2009 at 14:30.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 14:33   #26
Rio
Denial

Rio is on a distinguished road

I would personally prefer a set of previous stats with the bugs fixed out of them if noone wants to make some new ones.
Having to look at the stats and pick out a strategy is part of the fun at the start of the round imo.
Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:03   #27
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

r30 stats with major tweaks tbh :P
remove t3
make harpies less powerfull
fix xan cr hole
make etd bs less powerfull
change xan fi pod to co or fi and co pod class (like ter with cr & bs)
make ghost init 5 if salvage is still as retarded as this round.
make cat and etd stealers init 21 they shouldnt have as good stealers vs zik imo.
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:06   #28
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Alternatively, we can alternate rounds. New set for r31 and use r30 again in r32.
pretty good idea me thinks

and if you change it just switch the targetclasses of harpy(+ higher the cost a bit) and remove the third target of broadsword, while you higher the costs of the defender

2 of those changes have been suggested by JBG, i am just stealing it, as they are good imo (yes i changed my mind about the etd stuff )

however having a break with those stats might be a good idea, and reintroduce em r32

regarding new r31 stats, i agree with ppl to keep the amount of podclasses. also the amount of diffrent ships iīd love to see sticked to, harder to balance everything i know, but simply offers more possibilities to play and therefor is a good thing

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:49   #29
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

XAN has ALWAYS had a cr hole, unless you build mass bomber / spec / whatever the ship is for the round.

m0: need i point out how horribly inefficient ETD is versus FR? removing the t3 on broadsword would also allow ZIKs to freely steal their attack fleet with 0 risk.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:02   #30
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
XAN has ALWAYS had a cr hole, unless you build mass bomber / spec / whatever the ship is for the round.

m0: need i point out how horribly inefficient ETD is versus FR? removing the t3 on broadsword would also allow ZIKs to freely steal their attack fleet with 0 risk.
the target 3 anything changing to that matter ?
i mean seriously, the few frigs which will be killed by the broads are not helping anything
but overall i think etd is too strong, they need a weakness also, atm they dont really have any apart from problems in solo-attacking and maybe huge fi/co waves (but who hasnīt)
however apart from cathaar there is hardly any race able to soloattack a decent player in a decent alliance, so why would you allow it to etd
etd got an awesome fr fleet if you ask me, your not forced to go bs

also there is 6 etd in the top12 of most roids, etd are simply hard to hit, so they can have a weakness in attacking if you ask me as they are the perfect race to keep their roids

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:40   #31
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Personally I like the Current round stats.

I think either lower the damage on the Broad and lower its init to something manageable like 5 or 6.

Also Make the Beetle or Spider primary target Co's As it stands cath cant target Co's with any ship so even though they have init 1 they cant emp those defenders or smugglers if Xan/etd team up.

I also agree the Harpy is just too good.

Maybe give zik a meduim class way to target fr / de maybe add a kill ship and make it a Destroyer Init 4 or 5 depending what the ghost is.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:47   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Also Make the Beetle or Spider primary target Co's As it stands cath cant target Co's with any ship so even though they have init 1 they cant emp those defenders or smugglers if Xan/etd team up.
There's a real problem with this unfortunately due to the way emp works in the combat engine.

Quote:
change xan fi pod to co or fi and co pod class (like ter with cr & bs)
I was going to do this initially and realistically if I hadn't dropped the harpy's init as a last minute response to the outright retardation shown by a lot of people on here and instead as more of a plan I'd probably have given xan both fi and co pods (and probably gotten rid of the fr fleet)
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 19:39   #33
isildurx

I think weaking etd much is WRONG. If anything I think either the t3 of broad should be removed or the efficiency of the scorp should be lowered. It truly is not easy to land attacks as etd bs considering how good the bucc\chim is.

Besides this, Harpy is a natural ship that needs to be altered.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 21:10   #34
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
i mean seriously, the few frigs which will be killed by the broads are not helping anything
so zik should have a free steal vs every etd fleet? they already steal the co fleet at init 19 while smugglers fire back at init 20.

Quote:
etd got an awesome fr fleet if you ask me, your not forced to go bs
a frig fleet that can't hit terran, can't stand up to the mass amount of viper around, that zik steal freely with mara, and lets not even talk about pulsar and shadow. so that makes the etd fr fleet awesome at what?

Quote:
however apart from cathaar there is hardly any race able to soloattack a decent player in a decent alliance, so why would you allow it to etd
etd can solo attack? personally i've not landed a solo attack all round as etd. the bs fleet is too weak vs buccaneer + bomber, the co fleet is too weak vs bolt thrower, war frigate, thief, and lancer, and the de fleet is weak vs almost everything due to init.

i will agree that despite all of this, depending on your fleet composition, etd can be a challenge to roid, but attacking is not as easy as you seem to think.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 21:31   #35
isildurx

Dude its happening again, this is the guy that said xan fico was too strong preround remember...
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:11   #36
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
etd can solo attack? personally i've not landed a solo attack all round as etd. the bs fleet is too weak vs buccaneer + bomber, the co fleet is too weak vs bolt thrower, war frigate, thief, and lancer, and the de fleet is weak vs almost everything due to init.

i will agree that despite all of this, depending on your fleet composition, etd can be a challenge to roid, but attacking is not as easy as you seem to think.
if u read that i said etd can solo attack you misread, i never said it, and i know they canīt, i just said thereīs 3 other races who canīt either, so why should etd

and isil:
yes i was THE ONE, and because of ME it got changed, ONLY because of ME!!!

xan fi/co was too strong, and like 50% would have went xan if they wouldnt have been tweaked, the "tweak" was overdone heavily though more emo then due to strategical thinking
and i never said anywhere, that i liked that last minute changes to harpy/phant or that it was better then before
from overpowered xan it went to underpowered xan, which never was my intention

Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:15   #37
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
Can we get rid of t3 as well.
As christ it ruins faking so badly :/
i just had a 60 minute heated conversation with Kila (that remained fairly civil i think!) about this, and i was wondering if there was maybe something that i don't understand. as i posted before, removing the T3 off Broadswords would allow Terran Fr, Xan Fr, and Zik Fr all to defend Etd Bs with 0 loss. as it is, T3 is already horribly inefficient and doesn't do much. the Etd Co fleet already has fire first defence against it, as does the Etd Fr and De fleets, which forces normal size Etd to team up most of the time. how does having T3 on Broadswords make them so much more overpowered?

the only thing the T3 has an effect on is when a Terran fakes Fr as Cr. Broads, being one of the best anti-Cr ships out there, are sent in defence. therefore, it seems, that if a Terran wanted to fake something as Fr, it would be Bs. Bs is a weaker roiding fleet than Cr, but has fakability that Cr doesn't.

am i misunderstanding the situation where every race can roid one other race fairly easily (not accounting for defense) except for Etd where either the defence does not get targetted, the defence has init advantages, or the defence gets targetted as T3? removing T3 in this case is trivial, but at least doesn't allow Ter, Zik, and Xan the benefit of defending without loss.

i don't know, maybe there is something i'm missing. anyone care to nicely explain to me what i'm missing? and what makes the Etd Bs fleet so wonderful that it needs to lose a T3 to stop it from being so powerful?
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:20   #38
isildurx

Just do broads t1 DE t2 FR..
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:50   #39
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

then they won't have a T1 Cr, Cathaar emp them before Scorpion shoot back, and Gryphon is already terribad.

i sent Benneh a pm to talk about what he thought, he replied with: "a cloaked unit shouldnt have a t3. t3 normally is fine, but the fact its cloaked makes it horrific"

maybe that is something else to consider for next round before resorting to targetting changes perhaps?
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 23:22   #40
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

a cr hole is ok, but its horrible this round as most the universe have cr/bs attackfleet, that makes the cr hole harder to live with:P
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 05:01   #41
Makhil

Quote:
Cath have 1 fast kill ship that only targets 1 class. (And they still ****ing suck.)
I was talking of Gate's proposed stats
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 05:27   #42
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
A lot of the fun in the game comes before the start of the round when you study the stats and try to find the race you can play to its best. That's why I'm always in favour of a new set, no matter how good was the previous one. Someone wrote "a bad new set is better that a good old one", I can't disagree. Ofc a good new one is even better.
R30 has lasted long enough I don't think it would be enjoyable to have a R30bis.
How about balancing/tweaking an older set of stats? I don't see why the current round's are the only stats that could be balanced for r31. It would be 'like' new stats, but also balanced.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 05:53   #43
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I was going to do this initially and realistically if I hadn't dropped the harpy's init as a last minute response to the outright retardation shown by a lot of people on here and instead as more of a plan I'd probably have given xan both fi and co pods (and probably gotten rid of the fr fleet)
I support this if some form of r30 stats are kept for next round. Salvage would need to be nerfed or the amount of size 0 suicide phantom fleets flying around would demoralizing.

Also with regard to r30 stats, there are 5 FI class ships (plus one podtype) and 6 CO class ships (plus two podtypes), yet there are 9 ships that target FI first (and 2 that target FI second) while there are only 4 ships that target CO first (and 8 that target CO second). Superficially this seems pretty skewed; from a total balance standpoint, why is it like this?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 07:41   #44
isildurx

I think it could be fun to use a old set of stats and make minor modifications to that!
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 09:37   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I support this if some form of r30 stats are kept for next round. Salvage would need to be nerfed or the amount of size 0 suicide phantom fleets flying around would demoralizing.

Also with regard to r30 stats, there are 5 FI class ships (plus one podtype) and 6 CO class ships (plus two podtypes), yet there are 9 ships that target FI first (and 2 that target FI second) while there are only 4 ships that target CO first (and 8 that target CO second). Superficially this seems pretty skewed; from a total balance standpoint, why is it like this?
Partially it's a remnant of how I intended to balance xan fi without dropping the harpy init. However it's not as skewed as it may appear. All emp ships target fi/fr/bs first, it's not really that relevant. In terms of kill ships it's 6:4. Even then I don't feel it's actually unbalanced, just that it might seem that way due to the initially blatant disparity.
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:11   #46
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

23/24/26/27 where the most enjoyable stats ive played.

Imo defensive ship stats are not in the interest of the game, or its players. Having to constantly recall attacks isnt fun, and being MASS teamed (which is usually the only way to land) is horrible, unless ur the local ally defsink.

People login for the "hmmm lets login and see how many i can cap today" factor, not the "hmmm how bad can i get raped on my attack/incs today" factor. No matter what you do, ur always going to lose roids, which makes the game less enjoyable, what makes it enjoyable again is capping them.

Theres also the added aspect of big guys being wtf hard to hit allready. Making it harder for them to be hit, is not in the interest in the majority of PA players, as they arent t10 defsinks.

Imo FR/DE, not including fleet capping, ruined this rounds fun.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 27 Mar 2009 at 10:18.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 10:35   #47
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Btw, Zae speaks gospel. All ETD attack fleets where horrid. I played ETD to go BS cos they looked unstoppable, but seriously, broads are shockingly bad, whoever says theyre OP needs to lay off the rocks.

The fact that there are several high ranked ETD out there, is less about the race, and more about the players playing it.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 14:23   #48
isildurx

And the fact that its quite easy to keep roids as etd
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 18:17   #49
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
this. It's far from ready, but it's got some stuff in it that I think is interesting.
personally i think there is too many fi/co pods around, terran and xan with co pods, cathaar with fi pods and zik with 2 co class ships to niceley flak any capped fi or co pod
even etd got the option to steal fi/co pods (they dont maintain very good flak, but in a teamup that doesnt really matter)

looks to me like it would be a massive fi/co round, which i dont think is a good idea, since there is only 1 tick to arrange defence (bad for everyone in a less active gal, i mean you canīt even go for a piss and not be smashed in the meantime <<< yes dramatically overdone, but you get the idea)

also i dont like to see a steal ship for terran, cathaar or xan, etd and zik is enough me thinks

just my quick thoughts about that set

Unread 27 Mar 2009, 18:23   #50
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.geocities.com/nd_wtf/r31set1.txt

That a joke? Whats the point in having races if you're going to slowly but surely give every race a Steal Ship, EMP ship, Normal ship, and Cloak Ship.

Why have terran got a steal ship? whats the reason for it? I dont think there is a reason other than 'i like teh steal ships'.

Wasnt it? Terran = Normal, Cath = EMP, Xan = CLOAK, Zik = STEAL and ETD = Mixture?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote